Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Closed Thread

Old 27 Jul 2010, 03:15 (Ref:2733760)   #726
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Hans View Post
Jock Clear: Nico, Michael is quicker than you.
Nico: Are you on crack?
Old 27 Jul 2010, 06:13 (Ref:2733809)   #727
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
Schummy, well, you are awesome. I say this for no other reason than you have saved me so much time in my post-season matrix-fest.

I am unsure from where my interest in matrices emerges, but I have it.

I have this inclination that fractals and matrices, when bound together in an unquestionably tied form, may just offer that elusive ToE.

I have no real justification for this belief, as yet, but yet it kinda makes sense to me. That endlessly self-sustaining nature of matrices just seems to work with fractals.

Yet, I still deny infinity as a possible true reality.

Last edited by Dutton; 27 Jul 2010 at 06:20.
Old 31 Jul 2010, 20:21 (Ref:2736672)   #728
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Oh dear. I am increasingly thinking that Nico is rather brilliant and Michael is struggling in the extreme.
Quote:
Norbert Haug, vice-president, Mercedes-Benz Motorsport
"Nico and our team did the maximum they could and achieved the best possible result for us today. Sixth place on the dirty side of the track with less grip is not the ideal place for a good start, but our result could have been worse after we faced some problems in finding the right set-up direction for the cars yesterday. Well done to the team for the recovery. Michael tried a different set-up solution which did not work out in the end. A week at Hockenheim, he was eight-thousands of a second slower than Nico and here the margin is much bigger so we just did not get it right."
http://www.formula1.com/news/headlin...0/7/11102.html And why wouldn't they want to talk about Nico first and foremost? Ross Brawn also seems to be acknowledging that Nico is the one pushing that car to the absolute limits
Quote:
I must compliment Nico on a great job and achieving a strong starting position which is as good as we could have hoped given the performance of the car."
,whilst Michael needs solutions brought to him, because he's not able to drive round his issues with the car:
Quote:
However we didn't find the right solutions for Michael which was not helped by some vibration problems on his last set of tyres in Q2.
Old 31 Jul 2010, 23:01 (Ref:2736783)   #729
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Just wait until... oh forget it.
Old 1 Aug 2010, 00:13 (Ref:2736817)   #730
Schummy
Subscriber
Veteran

Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!
Mercedes PR-speak about MS's situation is becoming more and more hilarious. Michael's own declarations are also fascinating. Now he says he gambled on the setup and lost. I suppose he gambled in about 10 of the 12 GPs because he has lost 2-10 in qualifyings.

He appears to have a problem with gambling, he gambled a lot in every type of session or races and he loses in everyone of those stats. The worst thing is gap is not going down, possibly it is growing bigger. The only way I see to heal his situation is dropping Loctite in Nico's engine.
Old 1 Aug 2010, 00:30 (Ref:2736826)   #731
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
TGF would give anything now to be pounding endlessly around Fiorano on Bridgestones finest. Not going to happen is it Michael?
Old 1 Aug 2010, 01:12 (Ref:2736841)   #732
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy View Post
Just wait until... oh forget it.
2011? Spa? Or Spa 2011?
Old 1 Aug 2010, 01:21 (Ref:2736846)   #733
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
A nice way to end his career...
Old 1 Aug 2010, 07:18 (Ref:2736964)   #734
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Given the length of the track it will on current form only result in the gap between Nico and Michael being larger....
Michaels function is now clearly in my mind more of a PR figurehead whose results are somewhat irrelevant. Now of course the PR is more "when will he see the light and call it a day".

Nico is the one doing a Schu and maximising the car's potential.
Old 1 Aug 2010, 14:20 (Ref:2737414)   #735
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
What else TGF can do now... I hope he retires quietly.
Old 1 Aug 2010, 14:29 (Ref:2737436)   #736
FPV8U
Racer

Australia
3rd Rock from the Sun.
FPV8U should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
TGF - 1
Rosberg - 0

For trying to kill people that is..
Old 1 Aug 2010, 14:30 (Ref:2737440)   #737
Mr Pink
Veteran

Sweden
Sweden
Mr Pink should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah, his move to fend off Barrichello was horrible.
On german TV he justified his move with the logics that "He got by me so obviously there was enough space". He could have seriously injured or killed the guy!!

Put Heidfeld in the seat..
Old 1 Aug 2010, 14:32 (Ref:2737448)   #738
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

I think Schumacher's demonstrated that despite 7 titles, he's far from the greatest driver ever.
Old 1 Aug 2010, 14:33 (Ref:2737451)   #739
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

"Certain drivers have certain views. And then there's Rubens". Hmm.
Old 1 Aug 2010, 14:36 (Ref:2737460)   #740
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Oh Norbert. Please stop!
Old 1 Aug 2010, 14:37 (Ref:2737461)   #741
pannenmann
Racer

Germany
Bavaria
pannenmann should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That guy suffers from a loss of reality that is borderline psychopathic. But it showed quite some time ago, remember also that whenever Alonso got close to him in his last two seasons, he was constantly complaining about oh so dangerous moves. Or Coulthard trying to kill him with his trike.
But when he will finally retire, there's a good replacement available with Vettel.

Oh and anybody else still want to argue as to why even Kov might do better than Schumi after this weekend?
Old 1 Aug 2010, 14:37 (Ref:2737462)   #742
FPV8U
Racer

Australia
3rd Rock from the Sun.
FPV8U should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Pink View Post
On german TV he justified his move with the logics that "He got by me so obviously there was enough space". He could have seriously injured or killed the guy!!

Put Heidfeld in the seat..
For the rest of 2010.. Maybe.

For 2011.. Hell NO!
Old 1 Aug 2010, 14:37 (Ref:2737463)   #743
beau1
Veteran

Wales
Swansea,Wales
beau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbeau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbeau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Pink View Post
There was enough room. There wasn't a crash. He didn't kill or seriously injure Rubens. Whilst I think the move was somewhat dodgy, I think people are talking about it in the extreme.
Its certainly not the worst move I've seen Michael pull off or Rubens for that matter...
Old 1 Aug 2010, 14:41 (Ref:2737469)   #744
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Schumacher has a difficult choice now (if indeed Mercedes give him that choice)- does he leave now or sometime in 2010 and leave with an embarrassing season, or does he stay and possibly get better in 2011 or risk another season failing to be better than Rosberg?
Old 1 Aug 2010, 16:33 (Ref:2737540)   #745
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
I honestly dont believe he has the skillset to beat Rosberg any more. This year or next year.

And Mercedes condoning the move just added another brand to my list of of cars never to buy. (Ferrari got added last week)
Old 1 Aug 2010, 17:55 (Ref:2737607)   #746
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Are you still prepared to buy one of those Red Bull-liveried VWs you sometimes see with the big can on the back?
Old 1 Aug 2010, 18:08 (Ref:2737615)   #747
ljakse
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade, Serbia
ljakse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridljakse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
Are you still prepared to buy one of those Red Bull-liveried VWs you sometimes see with the big can on the back?
Over here they use Minis
Old 1 Aug 2010, 18:21 (Ref:2737621)   #748
phoenix
Veteran

European Union
phoenix should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridphoenix should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Maybe Mercedes want Schui for PR purposes - to prove that BIG MERCS RULE - and if one comes up behind you on the motorway, you had better get the hell out of his way before he pushes you off the road. Great Marketing!

(Unless you are driving a Smart Car)
Old 1 Aug 2010, 19:42 (Ref:2737696)   #749
Andy77
Veteran

Andy77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljakse View Post
Over here they use Minis
This almost equals buying a BMW .... OMG
Old 2 Aug 2010, 07:50 (Ref:2737978)   #750
adamwilkinson
Racer

adamwilkinson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by beau1 View Post
There was enough room. There wasn't a crash. He didn't kill or seriously injure Rubens. Whilst I think the move was somewhat dodgy, I think people are talking about it in the extreme.
Its certainly not the worst move I've seen Michael pull off or Rubens for that matter...
Exactly!!
He left a cars width plus a fraction more, can clearly see daylight between the wheels and wall. MS was always going to squeeze him, RB should've made MS move right as he did do and then go down the left. Hindsights a wonderful thing though.

I cant help but think that if it had been Senna against someone in exactly the same senario no one would have said anything bad...
Closed Thread