Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 3 Feb 2010, 03:40 (Ref:2625448)   #751
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pablocomics View Post
Where is Luc Alphand???? O_O
Hopefully on tomorrow's list or the Paul Ricard entrylist. He should be doing something this year and he's not entered in FIA GT so...
Old 3 Feb 2010, 04:00 (Ref:2625453)   #752
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by davehenrie View Post
But the weather never co-operated to give us a real clear picture. I would have thought the massive downforce would have helped in the rain, but they never seemed to get either car fully engaged. For some reason, Acura at Road Atlanta is similar to Creation/Zytek at Le Mans.

dh
I think the DeFerren car did pretty well in the wet, I believe they passed the Pugs at one point. IIRC they were on the lead lap when they were taken out by the 37 car.
Old 3 Feb 2010, 07:59 (Ref:2625524)   #753
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Entry list seems to be updated with more info. http://www.lemans-series.com/fr/s52_...php?circuit=19

L.P.
Old 3 Feb 2010, 08:34 (Ref:2625532)   #754
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG View Post
Entry list seems to be updated with more info. http://www.lemans-series.com/fr/s52_...php?circuit=19

L.P.
Yep, preceded by the Press Release.

Nice to see Jean-Marc Gounon's name alongside the Del Bello entry.
Old 3 Feb 2010, 08:46 (Ref:2625537)   #755
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think that's just the Paul Ricard 8h entry list ..

Ciao Marco
Old 3 Feb 2010, 10:27 (Ref:2625574)   #756
R4z3rw33n
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane.
R4z3rw33n should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR4z3rw33n should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
Yep, preceded by the Press Release.

Nice to see Jean-Marc Gounon's name alongside the Del Bello entry.
Interesting, they explicitly state that Joest will run the full season (I'm aware that Ullrich has stated his case on the matter).
That's the second (granted the first was leaked) release where Joest have been mentioned as full season participants.
Old 3 Feb 2010, 11:49 (Ref:2625625)   #757
Dead-Eye
Veteran

Estonia
Dead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by R4z3rw33n View Post
Interesting, they explicitly state that Joest will run the full season
They don't. They state that Audi will be there for the whole season, represented by Kolles and/or Joest. And we know that Kolles will run the full season.
Old 3 Feb 2010, 11:52 (Ref:2625629)   #758
Tom908V12
Veteran

France
Paris(France)
Tom908V12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani Filth View Post
I think that's just the Paul Ricard 8h entry list ..

I hope NOT !!!! Seeing two R15s and no factory 908s at all...

Edit: looks rather entrylist for the Test Day at Le Castelet
Old 3 Feb 2010, 12:10 (Ref:2625643)   #759
R4z3rw33n
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane.
R4z3rw33n should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR4z3rw33n should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead-Eye View Post
They don't. They state that Audi will be there for the whole season, represented by Kolles and/or Joest. And we know that Kolles will run the full season.
False alarm. I misinterpreted.

What's the deal with the two Kolles R10 entries on the list? Didn't Kolles sell one of their chassis?

Last edited by R4z3rw33n; 3 Feb 2010 at 12:23.
Old 3 Feb 2010, 12:56 (Ref:2625659)   #760
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Lots to digest on the new entry list, and lots of surprises too.

Surprised neither the PiR Radical nor the Pegasus Norma are on there as full season entrants.

Del Bello with a Lola is a surprise. When I saw him on there as a team entrant I half suspected him to be associated with one of last years Pescarolos, especially as there was some muttering about him cooperating with Pescarolo to look to run a 908.

No 'new' GT1 cars. Wasn't there supposed to be a requirement for them to run the full LMS to be eligible for Le Mans?

Obviously the race-by-race entry lists will tell us a lot more but there's certainly a lot of machinery out there that currently isn't down to be used.

One does have to wonder to what extent this list will change as a result of tomorrow's Le Mans entry list news too.
Old 3 Feb 2010, 14:30 (Ref:2625706)   #761
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom908V12 View Post

Edit: looks rather entrylist for the Test Day at Le Castelet
The entry list under the Test day now matches the entry list under full season entries.

The Test Day list actually has driver info on it as well.
Old 3 Feb 2010, 14:31 (Ref:2625707)   #762
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
dj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I must say im extremely excited about this year's LMS season, two full time R15's and the Oreca 908 is going to make for some cracking racing along with the Rebellion and Signature Lola's. Del Bello Noel are a big surprise and its good to see them back in the Proto class, for the first time since 2005 i believe. LMP2 is going to be a real vintage this year. RML with Honda engines, Strakka, Oak, Quifel, its going to be one hell of a year.

GT1 is a bit disappointing if im honest, but i suppose we do get 2 Saleen's which isnt necessarily a bad thing, hopefully this class will mature with some FIA GT teams choosing to contest certain rounds. GT2 is going to be magic as well, from memory, GT2 is probably going to have its best year in 2010 in the LMS. BMW, Ferrari, Porsche, Aston and Spyker is going to be a riot. Especially with the inclusion of AF Corse, CRS and Schnitzer.

LMP1 could do with a few more petrol entries IMO but i guess thats just me being me, hopefully Pescarolo will be making a full season appearence in LMP1 or LMP2 providing their current situation improves. GT1 could do with a few new car's as well (Nissan GTR, Ford GT, Lambo LP670). But if im honest, this year is looking really really strong. I think we have another 2008 on our hands people, very much looking forward to Paul Ricard.
Old 3 Feb 2010, 14:48 (Ref:2625715)   #763
prototype
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, Georgia
prototype should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't see how the ACO can have a legit class in GT1, with 2 entries in LMS and none in the ALMS. They need to hurry up and can that class. I would hate to see a half filled class take spots away from the other competitive classes.
Old 3 Feb 2010, 15:20 (Ref:2625724)   #764
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
dj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by prototype View Post
I don't see how the ACO can have a legit class in GT1, with 2 entries in LMS and none in the ALMS. They need to hurry up and can that class. I would hate to see a half filled class take spots away from the other competitive classes.
The class has just gone through a major metamorphasis, its needs to time to grow and expand, entries will come in time. IMO if there are no more entries come the end of 2011, start of 2012. The new GT1 class should THEN be binned in LMS, ALMS, Le Mans. Killing of a class with new rules in its first year its quite stupid and a bit ignorant IMO.
Old 3 Feb 2010, 15:23 (Ref:2625729)   #765
Dead-Eye
Veteran

Estonia
Dead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj choc ice View Post
I must say im extremely excited about this year's LMS season, two full time R15's and the Oreca 908 is going to make for some cracking racing along with the Rebellion and Signature Lola's.
Repeat after me: There will be no full time R15.

(at least according tothe current announcements)

Last edited by Dead-Eye; 3 Feb 2010 at 15:42.
Old 3 Feb 2010, 15:38 (Ref:2625744)   #766
courageous
Veteran

United Kingdom
Chatham, Kent
courageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcourageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
it's a shame that Audi & peugeot are going to take it in turns dominating races in ALMS & LMS instead of duking it out, the full time P1 LMS entry list looks wide open (depending on how much factory support oreca's pug gets).
Old 3 Feb 2010, 15:40 (Ref:2625745)   #767
LeMans.pt
Veteran

Portugal
London, UK
LeMans.pt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead-Eye View Post
Repeat after me: There will be no full time R15.
(at least according on the current announcements)
Correct. From planetlemans.com:

Purely for logistical reasons, Audi Sport Team Joest has registered for the 2010 Le Mans Series. “But this should not at all be interpreted to mean that we will be contesting all five LMS races,” said Dr. Ullrich. “At the moment, we are only planning to race at Le Castellet, Spa-Francorchamps and Silverstone.”

Lets expect that a winning result in Castellet, Spa, and most important, in Le Mans, will give enough reasons to Audi go to Algarve (yes, please! ) and Hungaroring.
Old 3 Feb 2010, 15:41 (Ref:2625748)   #768
LeMans.pt
Veteran

Portugal
London, UK
LeMans.pt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by courageous View Post
it's a shame that Audi & peugeot are going to take it in turns dominating races in ALMS & LMS instead of duking it out, the full time P1 LMS entry list looks wide open (depending on how much factory support oreca's pug gets).
At least in Spa we will have a Audi vs Peugeot showdown...
Old 3 Feb 2010, 16:01 (Ref:2625761)   #769
Tom908V12
Veteran

France
Paris(France)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeMans.pt View Post
At least in Spa we will have a Audi vs Peugeot showdown...

Damn !!! Can't wait for this race(likely to be my favourite one of the season)
Old 3 Feb 2010, 16:07 (Ref:2625762)   #770
Tom908V12
Veteran

France
Paris(France)
Quote:
Originally Posted by courageous View Post

To my opinion ORECA is fully supported by Peugeot-Sport, I can imagine lots of different Peugeot engineers(and even Serge Saulnier, named as "link" between the factory and the team which run the 4th car)in ORECA box during all the races
Old 3 Feb 2010, 17:05 (Ref:2625794)   #771
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Is there a chance now that Peugeot will add Le Castellet to their programme - it is in France after all!
Old 3 Feb 2010, 17:18 (Ref:2625800)   #772
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
Is there a chance now that Peugeot will add Le Castellet to their programme - it is in France after all!
It is already in their program, via the #4 Team Oreca Matmut.

L.P.
Old 3 Feb 2010, 17:32 (Ref:2625816)   #773
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG View Post
It is already in their program, via the #4 Team Oreca Matmut.

L.P.
I realise that - but I was referring to the factory team
Old 3 Feb 2010, 21:26 (Ref:2625945)   #774
prototype
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, Georgia
prototype should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj choc ice View Post
The class has just gone through a major metamorphasis, its needs to time to grow and expand, entries will come in time. IMO if there are no more entries come the end of 2011, start of 2012. The new GT1 class should THEN be binned in LMS, ALMS, Le Mans. Killing of a class with new rules in its first year its quite stupid and a bit ignorant IMO.
How can you say this class has gone through a complete metamorphasis when there are two Saleens running with roots back to 2000/2001? The Corvettes, Astons, and Ferarris are all still legal.

I know about the FIA-GT standardization, but apparently it has had no influx of cars in the LMS.
Old 3 Feb 2010, 23:02 (Ref:2626001)   #775
dxk1
Veteran

United States
Annapolis
dxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Spyro View Post
That caught my attention as well, but I wouldn't be surprised to see them on tomorrow's entry list.

Granted, that doesn't mean a thing, but here's hoping.
Looks like the original entry list was right, no LAA in either GT1 or GT2! Is this true or am I missing something?

DK