Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 6 Oct 2010, 18:30 (Ref:2770473)   #751
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Canada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_Wooshy View Post
No if GT1 fails they hope to have GTLM as back up .... well thats how I've read it.
Correct.
Old 6 Oct 2010, 20:43 (Ref:2770536)   #752
porscherules
Rookie

porscherules should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
so sad , every race it pass these team fails more.
Old 7 Oct 2010, 13:21 (Ref:2770862)   #753
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
But of course ACO gives them entry or two again - just because it's Jaguar - no matter what they do and how horribly they perform. People keep saying how it was a disgrace to let a certain japanese car to enter Le Mans again (even though this time they deserved it), yet RSR Jag had never raced anywhere before when they got the entry. And their performance wasn't any better.

[OLD ARGUMENT]Well no, at Le Mans in the relevant years, Jaguar was better - by the smallest of margins, I admit, on the basis that nothing could conceivably be worse than the performance of a certain Japanese car at Le Mans in 2009...... Just setting the record straight. [/OLD ARGUMENT]
Old 9 Oct 2010, 04:04 (Ref:2771770)   #754
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
MJ_N_09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well....this year, RSR came VERY close to matching JLOC's (or who whoever ran under the banner name) pitiful 2009 performance....
Old 9 Oct 2010, 04:18 (Ref:2771774)   #755
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Far from it!

L.P.
Old 9 Oct 2010, 05:02 (Ref:2771782)   #756
Captain Spyro
Rookie

United States
West Virginia
Captain Spyro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ_N_09 View Post
Well....this year, RSR came VERY close to matching JLOC's (or who whoever ran under the banner name) pitiful 2009 performance....
Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe Autocon didn't even last as long as RSR.

Crap happens. Oh well.

But most of all, Flying Lizard Motorsports.
Old 9 Oct 2010, 09:02 (Ref:2771863)   #757
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

Not really. The Jag was seriously poor yes, but the 2009 JLOC performamce was way beyond poor. Thankfully for them, they at least partially redressed the balance this year.

As for Autocon - my impression was that they tried hard but were completely out of their depth.
Old 9 Oct 2010, 12:54 (Ref:2771953)   #758
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The RSR Jag may go down as one of GT2's rare failures.

It's amazing considering that Porsche, Ferrari, Chevrolet, BMW, Aston Martin, Panoz and (to a certain extent) Doran-Ford and Spyker have all built cars capable of running at the front of various ACO-sanctioned events.
Old 9 Oct 2010, 14:04 (Ref:2771978)   #759
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'd wite off RSR if they were missing every other race but they've shown real commitment to both the ALMS and ILMC, expanded to two cars and have a decent driver line-up.

In a PLM interview it sounded as if RSR needed the winter to iron out known issues with the engine.
Old 9 Oct 2010, 14:19 (Ref:2771981)   #760
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Would be a disgrace if they don't let the wayyy more deserving Robertson Doran Fords to enter 24 hours next year, but instead give this pitiful team 2 entries (now that they have both up and running)... unless RSR enters the ILMC, then I guess there's no excuse to complain.
Old 10 Oct 2010, 21:31 (Ref:2772792)   #761
Jaguarman1
Rookie

England
Warwickshire
Jaguarman1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by knighty View Post
To my knowledge (I think) this Jag engine is the AJ V8 engine produced in the Ford bridgend plant, its an alloy engine which is pressure die-cast aluminium, with "cast-in-place" iron liners........ on a race motor these liners are prone to coming loose and causing all sorts of horrid engine faliures due to differential thermal expansion, whereby the ali block expands more than the steel liners.........hence when Aston Martin used the same base engine for the V8 vantage raod car they completley re-designed it, particularly with pressed-in steel liners (for bigger capacity), not to mention new heads, block, dry sump and crank!!!!!!......so whats that telling you about the AJV8 base engine????.......its a POS.......but saying that I'm sure paul drayson would hardly sing the praises of the Aston GT2 engine which he campaigned in 2009 ALMS, it was baiscally an IED in race trim.

more info here

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jaguar_AJ-V8_engine

and here

http://www.jaguar-enthusiasts.org.uk/aj-v8-gen3.html
Sorry,
But your info on the AMV8 is inaccurate.
The engine in that car is based on the previous family AJV8 engine with port injection and while a very good engine, bears no resemblance to the AJ133 Direct Injection engine currently in production, entirely different beasts.

Last edited by Jaguarman1; 10 Oct 2010 at 21:38.
Old 12 Oct 2010, 20:04 (Ref:2773986)   #762
porscherules
Rookie

porscherules should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
roberton team deserves the 24 hours of le mans entry... i think jaguar need to send his cars to PRODRIVE or scott riley for full support because they haved shown only poor results while they have all the support that a 5 stars team have , good drivers , testing sessions , brand support , 24 le mans race ( reability and issues and competition test ) more than 12 races to show , 2 factory cars... sorry but gentilossi need to retire of these team
Old 13 Oct 2010, 08:50 (Ref:2774221)   #763
dj4monie
Veteran

United States
Reseda, California
dj4monie is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
I'm sure RSR reads the board...

So I expect the find the criticism a bit harsh but we as sports car fans and the purist among us like to see Jag do well.

I think they'll be okay, they have tested some, they found some more speed in the car and are not that far off the pace. Another off season of changes and testing which are all planned anyway and maybe a change to a better tire might start to bare fruit.

The engine woes seem to had been sorted until Petit, seems that's another back to the drawing broad issue, but I think they'll be fine in that area.

They'll be ready to rock and we'll all be looking forward too it.
Old 14 Oct 2010, 04:02 (Ref:2774671)   #764
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
I hope you're right...
Old 7 Nov 2010, 18:50 (Ref:2786572)   #765
johncho
Rookie

johncho should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I hope you're right...
anyone know what broke in Zhuhai? was is due to crash damage at all? too bad you didnt see RSR and the Lambo at the end...would have made it a better race to have some underdogs mixing it up.
Old 7 Nov 2010, 18:54 (Ref:2786577)   #766
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
they said it lost power .. so engine or transmission?

Ciao Marco
Old 7 Nov 2010, 22:00 (Ref:2786725)   #767
porsche91722
Veteran

Australia
S.E.Qld
porsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridporsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridporsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I've said it all along, I would love to see the Jaguar name up there being competitive again, but, unfortunately, it doesn't appear that the glory days are going to be repeated. They are wasting their time and money on this thing. It should have been in a reasonably competitive state, well before now, but is just an embarrassment to the once great Jaguar name. I would have thought that Jag themselves would have pulled the pin on whatever funding they are providing and got out of this sooner.
Old 8 Nov 2010, 09:01 (Ref:2786867)   #768
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche91722 View Post
I've said it all along, I would love to see the Jaguar name up there being competitive again, but, unfortunately, it doesn't appear that the glory days are going to be repeated. They are wasting their time and money on this thing. It should have been in a reasonably competitive state, well before now, but is just an embarrassment to the once great Jaguar name. I would have thought that Jag themselves would have pulled the pin on whatever funding they are providing and got out of this sooner.
Yep, another woeful performance. They must surely have run out of excuses by now. Sadly, I've completely given up hope of a resurgence of the marque in endurance racing, I wish they'd just end this shameful abuse of the Jaguar name.
Old 8 Nov 2010, 10:52 (Ref:2786936)   #769
old man
Veteran

England
UK
old man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
People keep telling me racing is irrelevant to brand image
Old 8 Nov 2010, 13:27 (Ref:2787020)   #770
jaguarista
Racer

Italy
Bari
jaguarista should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
very, very disappointed!
Old 8 Nov 2010, 15:26 (Ref:2787077)   #771
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
Yeah, considering that the GT2 version of the Lamborghini is almost completely untested, but is finishing races, this just makes RSR and Jaguar look even worse.
Old 8 Nov 2010, 15:30 (Ref:2787080)   #772
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Someone needs to put this program out of it's misery, or give it to a team that can get the job done.
Old 8 Nov 2010, 15:35 (Ref:2787084)   #773
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
^ I'm thinking the latter. However, this is a several year deal, as widely reported. How much worse will it get before the car gets better, I wonder?
Old 28 Nov 2010, 11:16 (Ref:2796718)   #774
jaguarista
Racer

Italy
Bari
jaguarista should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
news?! In my opinion, Jaguar has officially participate! You can no longer accept these humiliations on track