Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 11 Oct 2020, 10:14 (Ref:4009727)   #7926
AnnoyedMoose
Racer

AnnoyedMoose should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAnnoyedMoose should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pringles View Post
I'm guessing here he was contracted to drive for WSR this year but he decided to pull out. He doesn't like the fact he's not been made the centre of attention in a recent article and as such WSR have hit with some sort of gagging order and he doesn't like it. Speculation of course.
Depends which way you look at it and how much of the story is accurate from both sides. He pulled out because WSR/BMW changed the contract which put more financial pressure on him (something to do with damage repair costs I read somewhere). I guess he was told not to release details of what they changed fully perhaps and now they've had a spat he is threatening to?
Old 11 Oct 2020, 10:20 (Ref:4009729)   #7927
Pringles
Rookie

Pringles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnoyedMoose View Post
Depends which way you look at it and how much of the story is accurate from both sides. He pulled out because WSR/BMW changed the contract which put more financial pressure on him (something to do with damage repair costs I read somewhere). I guess he was told not to release details of what they changed fully perhaps and now they've had a spat he is threatening to?
Like I say speculation based on reading between the lines. Only him and WSR know what went on. But as I said spitting your dummy out in public makes him look more like a weasel in my opinion. Usually somewhere between the 2 the truth lies.
Old 11 Oct 2020, 11:34 (Ref:4009748)   #7928
Jon411
Racer

Guernsey
Jon411 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm wondering if the issue is between Andy Jordan and BMW UK rather than WSR directly as he was tagged WSR in a tweet about his races at Croft 2019 this morning.
Old 11 Oct 2020, 17:45 (Ref:4009911)   #7929
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Whatever, it's going to make any professional organisation think twice about employing his services.

Probably no way back now unless the Jordans form their own team again.
Old 11 Oct 2020, 18:19 (Ref:4009921)   #7930
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
Whatever, it's going to make any professional organisation think twice about employing his services.

Probably no way back now unless the Jordans form their own team again.
No professional organisation has ever employed his services. He brought a budget to pay for a seat. Always. Like pretty much everyone else.
Old 11 Oct 2020, 20:15 (Ref:4009963)   #7931
MotorsportMechanic86
Rookie

MotorsportMechanic86 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
Yes, exactly this! His historic stuff is amazing. Just needs to keep his mouth shut...
I hope you do realise that he doesn't build the cars himself, he and his dad have had some very good guys working for them past and present. I believe it is these guys that need the credit for how those Historic cars are turned out don't you??
Old 11 Oct 2020, 20:19 (Ref:4009965)   #7932
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotorsportMechanic86 View Post
I hope you do realise that he doesn't build the cars himself, he and his dad have had some very good guys working for them past and present. I believe it is these guys that need the credit for how those Historic cars are turned out don't you??
So are we saying Dick Bennets designs and personally builds the BMW’s and Steve Neal personally builds the Hondas?...
Old 11 Oct 2020, 20:25 (Ref:4009966)   #7933
MotorsportMechanic86
Rookie

MotorsportMechanic86 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
So are we saying Dick Bennets designs and personally builds the BMW’s and Steve Neal personally builds the Hondas?...
No, I haven't seen anyone saying that??
Old 11 Oct 2020, 20:39 (Ref:4009976)   #7934
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post
No professional organisation has ever employed his services. He brought a budget to pay for a seat. Always. Like pretty much everyone else.
I meant as in give a ride, not employ as in you do this work in exchange for money.

Very few people get paid money by race teams to race at national level in Europe.
Old 11 Oct 2020, 23:51 (Ref:4010019)   #7935
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
We will have to see if anyone will get that empty WSR seat now, shame we never saw AJ out in it. At least it’s got manufacturer backing.

Let’s see if anymore manufacturers start to come in next season
Old 12 Oct 2020, 00:12 (Ref:4010021)   #7936
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Looooooool you lot, just chill for a day.
Old 12 Oct 2020, 10:12 (Ref:4010105)   #7937
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
We need something to discuss, we are still waiting for the third WSR Beemer to race
Old 12 Oct 2020, 10:33 (Ref:4010112)   #7938
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
We need something to discuss, we are still waiting for the third WSR Beemer to race
There's always the RWD/FWD debate to discuss...

Old 12 Oct 2020, 12:28 (Ref:4010137)   #7939
EastonNeston
Veteran

EastonNeston should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
WSR incurred costs as a result of Jordan entering into a contract to drive their car for the season. As Jordan decided to terminate the contract early, it is quite right that WSR attempt to recover any funds due to them as specified in the early termination clause of the contract. Especially as Jordan benefited from their professional services for a full pre-season testing program.

It is very unprofessional to react to this situation is the way Jordan has in the public domain.
Old 12 Oct 2020, 12:38 (Ref:4010138)   #7940
S griffin
Veteran

It would have been great to see AJ in the car this season, shame it didn’t happen. He probably should have held out for a bit, rather than dropping it like that. It means WSR now have to rely on Turkington and Oliphant, so we have them to be thankful for. AJ had a contract and I understand things don’t always work out how they should, but the team had done quite a bit to get him in the car, so he’s let himself down here. I can understand his frustrations, but he should have worked with them to get him on the grid this year, he has really missed out as a result
Old 12 Oct 2020, 17:04 (Ref:4010181)   #7941
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
http://www.btcc.net/2020/10/12/jess-...at-snetterton/

Jess Hawkins to be the PMR Astranaut at Snetterton. She tested the car about a month ago so it was probably a question of why not if.
Old 12 Oct 2020, 17:23 (Ref:4010191)   #7942
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
...and why not. Certainly had a few drivers get an opportunity this year.

Wrong thread I know, but given JPs pull out was reportedly due to budget from hospitality (or rather the total lack thereof) I'm wondering if he'll be back next year? My brain says this covid shenanigans will still be a thing come next years season. Gloomy, me?
Old 12 Oct 2020, 17:25 (Ref:4010192)   #7943
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
nice, another lady driver for PMR, hopefully she won't be Neated

looking at standings what are the odds that BTC Hondas will help Cammish ? he is just 7 points behind Sutton, Tingram is the dark horse while Butcher is out of it

in interview with Paul O'neil Sutton said that with Turks his main rival at any track the BMW is good he will be good too and any track they are bad he might struggle too but now he has to deal with a FWD rival
Old 12 Oct 2020, 17:36 (Ref:4010195)   #7944
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
She tested the car about a month ago so it was probably a question of why not if.
I meant 'when not if', too late to edit.
Old 12 Oct 2020, 17:59 (Ref:4010198)   #7945
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
looking at standings what are the odds that BTC Hondas will help Cammish ?
I suspect very slim. The BTC drivers showed at Croft that they were willing to give the fight to Dynamics just as much as every other team.
Old 13 Oct 2020, 06:57 (Ref:4010289)   #7946
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
hopefully she won't be Neated
Neated, I think this needs to be added into the OED!
Old 13 Oct 2020, 07:10 (Ref:4010294)   #7947
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
Neated, I think this needs to be added into the OED!
Wasn't it a song by The Lighthouse Family?
Old 13 Oct 2020, 07:10 (Ref:4010295)   #7948
S griffin
Veteran

I don't think many would understand, as Neate has only just come back into the championship. He will be forgotten about in a few years apart from a few who remember all the drivers from past seasons
Old 13 Oct 2020, 08:08 (Ref:4010312)   #7949
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I don't know what to think about this. People on furlough, out of work, kids not getting fed properly and somebody wants us to crowd fund a racecar to get fixed? https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-bobb...-btcc-race-car
Old 13 Oct 2020, 08:11 (Ref:4010313)   #7950
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Probably a scam I thought there was pictures of the car being fixed