Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 18 Dec 2019, 15:05 (Ref:3947355)   #776
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Lovely jubbly;
Attached Thumbnails
untitled.png  
Old 18 Dec 2019, 15:12 (Ref:3947357)   #777
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Always appreciate those watches…
Old 18 Dec 2019, 15:16 (Ref:3947358)   #778
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
A bit more BTCC, keep Viva happy at least.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_9604.JPG   IMG_9607.JPG   IMG_9617.JPG  

IMG_9624.JPG   IMG_9619.JPG   IMG_9632.JPG  

Old 18 Dec 2019, 15:27 (Ref:3947360)   #779
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
In the Clubmans.... (I will do it by car # as opposed to pic #)

#4 is a Phantom. (looks like a P80?)
#75 looks like a Mk28 Mallock.
#79 looks like a Mk21
The early car looks like a Mk6 (The Mk 8 had front wing tabs)
The #51 is a B class car (FF engined) and to be honest is a bit of a bitsa... I think the car is a Mk20 but the nose is not .

Happy to be corrected on the Mk.#'s on the Mallocks, although I think I am pretty close.
Just noticed I forgot one.... the #58 (also a B class FF engined car) is I think a Mk 18.
Old 18 Dec 2019, 15:29 (Ref:3947361)   #780
bauble
Veteran

England
Enough. already! Let's hark back to my initial idea.
Attached Thumbnails
V1.JPG   V2.JPG   V3.JPG  

V4.JPG   V6.JPG   V5.JPG  

Old 18 Dec 2019, 16:00 (Ref:3947364)   #781
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
A bit more BTCC, keep Viva happy at least.
Must admit the pre 2000-10 cars do look very nice indeed
Old 18 Dec 2019, 16:38 (Ref:3947376)   #782
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Would loved to have seen the Maserati's in Post 775 in period. I thought the old clubmans car was Ian Bankhursts Mk8.
Old 18 Dec 2019, 18:17 (Ref:3947397)   #783
bauble
Veteran

England
Grand Prix cars of the 1950's;
Attached Thumbnails
JPEG Image (27044).jpg   1408.JPG   1410.JPG  

1415.JPG   1409.JPG   Maserati 1.JPG  

Old 19 Dec 2019, 11:30 (Ref:3947514)   #784
bauble
Veteran

England
Phot Links

Photo Album Links;

I trust that this will not contravene any rules, or cause problems of any kind, however, if I am amiss I will, of course, desist.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/7cvm5TdqF7xX5bKR7

Enjoy.
Old 19 Dec 2019, 12:21 (Ref:3947530)   #785
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Thread back open- absolutely no idea how it became locked, but it was not done intentionally!

And I’ve merged that new post / thread here to avoid confusion....

Last edited by Mike Bell; 19 Dec 2019 at 12:30.
Old 19 Dec 2019, 14:18 (Ref:3947553)   #786
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Hope this is not against any rule.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbs View Post
Would loved to have seen the Maserati's in Post 775 in period.
Strange you say that, rbs, one thing I'm always wondering about those is: how are they to drive? For real.
Bauble, banned or not, your last link is just a killer! What a wonderful living museum on wheels you offer. Nice Xmas gift. Be blessed. Merci beaucoup.
Old 19 Dec 2019, 15:25 (Ref:3947569)   #787
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Thread back open- absolutely no idea how it became locked, but it was not done intentionally!

And I’ve merged that new post / thread here to avoid confusion....
Quote:
Bob, you’re obviously not banned as you’re still able to post!
Mike, Sorry the word 'banned' was tongue in cheek, and I was not referring to myself.

Thank you to the hierarchy for sorting out the thread, and thank you everyone for your support. I'll get busy making up for lost time.
Old 19 Dec 2019, 15:26 (Ref:3947570)   #788
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
I’m just re-reading the 1960-69 period ‘Sports Car Racing In Camera’ book, and there’s some good pics of Maserati 151s in there. Remember first time I saw one at Goodwood thinking ‘what the heck is that’. It could only be a Drogo design! One of them got badly bent at the Revival one year, I seem to remember?
Old 19 Dec 2019, 16:54 (Ref:3947577)   #789
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Mike, Sorry the word 'banned' was tongue in cheek, and I was not referring to myself.

Thank you to the hierarchy for sorting out the thread, and thank you everyone for your support. I'll get busy making up for lost time.
When I saw the thread title I just thought you were answering the question: "What's that Salvation Army brass thing that's playing Carols outside Tesco?"
Old 19 Dec 2019, 17:33 (Ref:3947583)   #790
merak1974
Racer

Norway
Oslo
merak1974 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Hope this is not against any rule. Strange you say that, rbs, one thing I'm always wondering about those is: how are they to drive? For real.
Bauble, banned or not, your last link is just a killer! What a wonderful living museum on wheels you offer. Nice Xmas gift. Be blessed. Merci beaucoup.
Great video of Derek Hill driving a Maserati Tipo 151 at Laguna Seca: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPOzJK3YtdE
Old 19 Dec 2019, 17:42 (Ref:3947584)   #791
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
God aften, merak from Oslo! Thanks for the link. I can't imagine the feelings when driving a piece of history which must be rather brutal! Great link!
Old 19 Dec 2019, 18:21 (Ref:3947596)   #792
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
I’m just re-reading the 1960-69 period ‘Sports Car Racing In Camera’ book, and there’s some good pics of Maserati 151s in there. Remember first time I saw one at Goodwood thinking ‘what the heck is that’. It could only be a Drogo design! One of them got badly bent at the Revival one year, I seem to remember?
The one bent at Goodwood was th White car in Bob's pictures, Joe Colasacco was the driver.
Old 19 Dec 2019, 18:48 (Ref:3947605)   #793
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
The one bent at Goodwood was th White car in Bob's pictures, Joe Colasacco was the driver.
Yes, it’s all coming back to me now.....
Old 19 Dec 2019, 20:22 (Ref:3947618)   #794
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Co-driving with Derek Hill son of Phil Hill 1961 World Champion.
Old 19 Dec 2019, 21:12 (Ref:3947627)   #795
bauble
Veteran

England
Back in business, Thank you Mods.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1163.JPG   _MG_0013.jpg   _MG_0015.jpg  

_MG_0031.jpg   IMG_1166.JPG   IMG_1164.JPG  

Old 19 Dec 2019, 21:15 (Ref:3947628)   #796
bauble
Veteran

England
lot to catch up on, and it's nearly Christmas;
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_2565.JPG   IMG_2566.JPG   IMG_2569.JPG  

IMG_2573.JPG   IMG_2577.JPG   IMG_2578.JPG  

Old 19 Dec 2019, 22:10 (Ref:3947631)   #797
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
lot to catch up on, and it's nearly Christmas;
The first Chevron just looks lovely with the orange and blue.

Can remember Sandy also had a Jaguar E Type with the same colours. Not sure what happened to the car as hasn't races for a while but was for me the best looking E Type around at the time.

Lovely pics as usual Bob . Glad to see the thread is back up and running
Old 20 Dec 2019, 00:45 (Ref:3947646)   #798
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willmaz223 View Post

Lovely pics as usual Bob . Glad to see the thread is back up and running
Ditto from the antipodes too on that. Thanks mods for sorting. My daily playtime looking at car pics from yesteryear is back again.

I love the 'big' (confirms my lack of knowledge as to what) cars in post 795, although I suspect the last one is an Aston.
Old 20 Dec 2019, 02:24 (Ref:3947650)   #799
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Ditto from the antipodes too on that. Thanks mods for sorting. My daily playtime looking at car pics from yesteryear is back again.

I love the 'big' (confirms my lack of knowledge as to what) cars in post 795, although I suspect the last one is an Aston.
It is a Lagonda, although some may dispute that (?)
Old 20 Dec 2019, 03:02 (Ref:3947656)   #800
bauble
Veteran

England
Half a litre. More than enough.
Attached Thumbnails
_MG_0498.JPG   _MG_0506.JPG   _MG_0507.JPG  

_MG_0568.jpg   _MG_0573.jpg   _MG_0578.jpg