Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 3 Feb 2010, 23:05 (Ref:2626005)   #776
Captain Spyro
Rookie

United States
West Virginia
Captain Spyro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dxk1 View Post
Looks like the original entry list was right, no LAA in either GT1 or GT2! Is this true or am I missing something?

DK
It's probably best to wait for the race-by-race entry lists. They may or may not still be at the races. We'll see though.

But most of all, Flying Lizard Motorsports.
Old 3 Feb 2010, 23:08 (Ref:2626007)   #777
dxk1
Veteran

United States
Annapolis
dxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Spyro View Post
It's probably best to wait for the race-by-race entry lists. They may or may not still be at the races. We'll see though.
Sure hope you are right. LAA is a class act and they do such a nice job of running those Corvettes.

DK
Old 4 Feb 2010, 01:47 (Ref:2626075)   #778
pablocomics
Racer

Spain
Madrid
pablocomics should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe it´s a supidity of mine but..., how about a GT1 entry with the Vette before Le Mans and something different -like a BMW GT2- after Le Mans? It would be a good reason for a uncomplete season in LAA
Old 5 Feb 2010, 07:12 (Ref:2627064)   #779
mirkob
Veteran

Italy
Rome
mirkob should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looking at Le Mans Entry List, we should have at least 4 GT1 at Paul Ricard (plus the Saleens) :
1x Corvette
1x AM
1x Ford
1x Lambo

because the ACO said this when accepted the 2010 GT1s for the 24 hour
Old 8 Feb 2010, 10:07 (Ref:2629160)   #780
old man
Veteran

England
UK
old man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I see that the former KK Saleen S7R GT1 is to be enetered by a new name (but probably the old staff) in the LMS and it is always good to see these cars in action. Japanese F3 star Carlo van Dam is to drive and according to Autosport:

"Podium finishes are obligatory for we want to have a say in the championship," said Atlas spokesman Peter Levicek.

I like his style!
Old 9 Feb 2010, 00:03 (Ref:2629601)   #781
LeMans.pt
Veteran

Portugal
London, UK
LeMans.pt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by old man View Post

"Podium finishes are obligatory for we want to have a say in the championship," said Atlas spokesman Peter Levicek.

I like his style!
With only two entries in the class for the all season... its easy to demand podiums...
Old 9 Feb 2010, 14:12 (Ref:2629884)   #782
knighty
Veteran

England
Essex
knighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridknighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Interesting interview with Kai Kruse on Endurance Info.......ouch!

"Question: Why have you chosed the Judd engine over the Mazda?

Answer: We have had two difficult seasons with the Mazda Turbo. We had discussions but there wasnt the necessary confidence in terms of reliability. I think that aswell Oak and RML came to the same conclusion. Maybe the progress made in 2010 will be sufficient, but we cant take the risk of having another year like the two previous."

so finally it looks like 3 teams (4 cars) have seen through all the BS of blaming fuel spec when in reality its just not reliable, is anyone now running this Mazda engine in the LMS???.......looks like only Dyson in the ALMS now, but please feel free to correct me, looks like there are none on the LeMans entry list too....... Its a bit sad really, because despite AER's best intentions I think they just pushed their luck to far with it, hey ho.

I reckon its only a matter of time before someone blows the dust off the old normally aspirated Nissan V6 LMP675 engine........which is road car engine based, which is where LMP2 is headed.
Old 9 Feb 2010, 14:54 (Ref:2629916)   #783
courageous
Veteran

United Kingdom
Chatham, Kent
courageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcourageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
how to lose friends and alienate people 1.1

I don't doubt or disagree with a word of what that statement says, but mouthing off in public helps neither party or the industry as a whole.

People complain about non-profesional drivers but to my mind non-profesional team bosses are the ones who really cause problems.

Think to yourself, what would happen in your chosen proffesion if you blatently slagged of other companies.
Old 9 Feb 2010, 15:17 (Ref:2629928)   #784
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
I dont see any slagging off - just a factual statement explaining the basis of their decision.
Old 9 Feb 2010, 18:35 (Ref:2630066)   #785
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Rather surprised that no one was at Snetterton yesterday to take in the B10/60's maiden run and document it for posterity.

L.P.
Old 9 Feb 2010, 19:25 (Ref:2630104)   #786
knighty
Veteran

England
Essex
knighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridknighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
I dont see any slagging off - just a factual statement explaining the basis of their decision.
thanks, you saved me saying it
Old 9 Feb 2010, 22:58 (Ref:2630271)   #787
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
20 laps in sleet... I'm kind of glad I didn't trek out there!
Old 10 Feb 2010, 12:25 (Ref:2630553)   #788
ubrben
Veteran

United Kingdom
Birmingham
ubrben has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by courageous View Post
how to lose friends and alienate people 1.1

I don't doubt or disagree with a word of what that statement says, but mouthing off in public helps neither party or the industry as a whole.

People complain about non-profesional drivers but to my mind non-profesional team bosses are the ones who really cause problems.

Think to yourself, what would happen in your chosen proffesion if you blatently slagged of other companies.
I agree that very often team managers burn bridges in this situation. But Kai Kruse was totally factual in his statement and therefore shouldn't be criticised.

He has to explain to sponsors why he doesn't have a Le Mans entry and poor results in the past two years have contributed to that. The fire at Le Mans caused them to miss the remaining LMS races. ACO is focusing on teams that have done full seasons.

Ben
Old 10 Feb 2010, 13:18 (Ref:2630596)   #789
knighty
Veteran

England
Essex
there is also the matter of the money he spends on a yearly engine lease, I'm reliably told that weather its from Judd or AER, you are still looking at a seasons bill of £250,000 for a top end race motor.......I think the LMS season is 6 races?.......so about £42,000 per race, therefore he expects to recieve a certain degree of service from such a premium engine.........I think he has every right to publically say what he said.
Old 10 Feb 2010, 15:18 (Ref:2630671)   #790
pablocomics
Racer

Spain
Madrid
There are some rumours about a totally female driver selection for the Hache´s Lucchini. Nothing confirmed.
Old 10 Feb 2010, 16:09 (Ref:2630699)   #791
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ubrben View Post
I agree that very often team managers burn bridges in this situation. But Kai Kruse was totally factual in his statement and therefore shouldn't be criticised. Hogwash! The sponsors, if needing telling, should have been done privately.

He has to explain to sponsors why he doesn't have a Le Mans entry and poor results in the past two years have contributed to that. The fire at Le Mans caused them to miss the remaining LMS races. ACO is focusing on teams that have done full seasons.

Ben
While I agree there is/was an issue with the engine, it is bad mojo to burn your supplier in such a close group.

L.P.
Old 10 Feb 2010, 16:35 (Ref:2630712)   #792
pablocomics
Racer

Spain
Madrid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim the Grey View Post
20 laps in sleet... I'm kind of glad I didn't trek out there!
Rebellion will be on Portimao, the 17 and 18 of february and the 20 and 21 in Monteblanco
Old 11 Feb 2010, 00:49 (Ref:2631080)   #793
davehenrie
Racer

United States
Post Falls Idaho(up in the Skinny part)
davehenrie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddavehenrie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by pablocomics View Post
There are some rumours about a totally female driver selection for the Hache´s Lucchini. Nothing confirmed.
Lumberjack Axe hewing Women drivers.... Vunderval!!!
dh
Old 11 Feb 2010, 03:15 (Ref:2631134)   #794
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG View Post
While I agree there is/was an issue with the engine, it is bad mojo to burn your supplier in such a close group.

L.P.
The issues with the AER 'Mazda' were both obvious to any observer and well-discussed in the press by teams over the last two years. Kai did not say anything in that statement that has not been said many times already. I don't know why anyone is making an issue about this particular release. I think this statement is more for prospective drivers/sponsors as any team interested in running the engine in P2 would be damn foolish to not be aware of the issues already.
Old 11 Feb 2010, 11:57 (Ref:2631335)   #795
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmk View Post
The issues with the AER 'Mazda' were both obvious to any observer and well-discussed in the press by teams over the last two years. Kai did not say anything in that statement that has not been said many times already. I don't know why anyone is making an issue about this particular release. I think this statement is more for prospective drivers/sponsors as any team interested in running the engine in P2 would be damn foolish to not be aware of the issues already.
In terms of commenting on a supplier I've read much worse over the last few years. Kruse's comments were largely fair and did not imply any malpractice or incompetence on the part of Mazda/AER. To me this just looks like saying "we didn't have great reliability last year, a lot of that was down to the engine package we used. As a result of this we're trying something new this year, and have changed engine package."
Old 11 Feb 2010, 13:49 (Ref:2631408)   #796
Alfie72
Rookie

United Kingdom
Buckingham
Alfie72 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I find it interesting that people who do/did not work with/for either AER or Kai Kruse can make statements regarding the factual ccuracy or otherwise, of the Kai Kruse statement.

As with many decisions, there are significant shades of grey which contributed to the seasons experiences of KK, RML and Oak.

Remember also that the AER P41 engine programme is a North America project so any applications outside of N.A. must come with the blessing of Mazda N. America. This group of people do not always appreciate the need for speedy decision making outside their primary theatre of operations.
Old 11 Feb 2010, 20:03 (Ref:2631645)   #797
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pablocomics View Post
maybe Carmen Jorda again?
http://www.lemans-series.com/ml/imag...carmen_250.jpg
Old 11 Feb 2010, 22:39 (Ref:2631777)   #798
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'd like to have and all women line-up .. and for sure we'll all cheer for them won't we?

Ciao Marco
Old 12 Feb 2010, 02:21 (Ref:2631897)   #799
dxk1
Veteran

United States
Annapolis
dxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani Filth View Post
I'd like to have and all women line-up .. and for sure we'll all cheer for them won't we?
Well, if they were women that could compete yes. If it's just a publicity ploy, no! How about Vanina, Claudia and Danica (I know she's overexposed, in more ways than one, but she does have some skill). Now those three I could cheer for.

DK
Old 12 Feb 2010, 07:32 (Ref:2631979)   #800
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
the are plenty of slow males who like to race from time to time .. like Horst so why not some "slower than mcnish" women if those cars can race because of the sponsorship they get
Carmen that KA posted can get the job done

Ciao Marco