Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 22 May 2013, 11:19 (Ref:3251607)   #776
LC2guy
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
LC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridLC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I know this is a bit of a wild theory, but i was talking to a friend last night and we couldn't work out why the leading Works Ferrari car still hadn't announced its 3rd driver when every other spot on the grid was filled ( except Green GT ... ). Normally such a late announcement comes if there is to be big pomp and ceremony around it. One theory, and its probably well wide of the mark, is that someone quite special will be announced. And then i thought of Michael Schumacher. I know he has said in the past that he thinks Le Mans is dangerous, but stranger things have happened. Maybe he still " feels the need " to race something. I hope its someone like him, or Jean Alesi, but then again, this theory was only formulated after a fair number of beers ..........
Old 22 May 2013, 13:04 (Ref:3251646)   #777
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LC2guy View Post
I know this is a bit of a wild theory, but i was talking to a friend last night and we couldn't work out why the leading Works Ferrari car still hadn't announced its 3rd driver when every other spot on the grid was filled ( except Green GT ... ). Normally such a late announcement comes if there is to be big pomp and ceremony around it. One theory, and its probably well wide of the mark, is that someone quite special will be announced. And then i thought of Michael Schumacher. I know he has said in the past that he thinks Le Mans is dangerous, but stranger things have happened. Maybe he still " feels the need " to race something. I hope its someone like him, or Jean Alesi, but then again, this theory was only formulated after a fair number of beers ..........
At this point, I agree. The fact that JMW beat them to the driver lineup is rather mysterious to me. I don't think it's a wild theory.
Old 22 May 2013, 13:05 (Ref:3251647)   #778
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
The LMP2 class is very close but for some reason i now see an OAK close out of the podium.
Hmmm what reason would that be..... ;-)
Old 22 May 2013, 13:11 (Ref:3251649)   #779
kurski
Veteran

Finland
kurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by morningview66 View Post
Well who do AF Corse/Ferrari usually have in their stable of drivers to choose from.

Could be Beretta, Cioci, Salo.
Mika Salo said in the past Finnish media that drive AF Corse with Le Mans 24h this year.
Old 22 May 2013, 13:52 (Ref:3251670)   #780
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by kurski View Post
Mika Salo said in the past Finnish media that drive AF Corse with Le Mans 24h this year.
Looks realistically like that opportunity came and went. Didn't reports in Norway say Petter Solberg also had a seat for the race? Things fall through, or someone with more money comes along.
Old 22 May 2013, 14:05 (Ref:3251679)   #781
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Looks realistically like that opportunity came and went. Didn't reports in Norway say Petter Solberg also had a seat for the race? Things fall through, or someone with more money comes along.
Or perhaps someone with a higher profile
Old 22 May 2013, 14:39 (Ref:3251695)   #782
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Quite frankly anyone could take the seat now. I thought that the #51 Ferrari would be filled in a month ago, so I don't understand what the hold up is about. Maybe Philipp Peter is an idea?
Old 22 May 2013, 15:09 (Ref:3251709)   #783
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Jean Alesi, Luc Alphand, Adrian Newey, Rickard Rydell, Patrice Goueslard, Stephane Ortelli, Manuel Rodrigues, Tomas Enge, Eric Van De Poele.

All driven a Ferrari in the last 10 years. All real possibilities
Old 22 May 2013, 15:25 (Ref:3251718)   #784
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Quote:
Jean Alesi, Luc Alphand, Adrian Newey, Rickard Rydell, Patrice Goueslard, Stephane Ortelli, Manuel Rodrigues, Tomas Enge, Eric Van De Poele.

Adrian Newey - technical director of Red Bull
Manuel Rodrigues - already in the field with the #70
Tomas Enge - druggie
Luc Alphand - according to the Wiki article, retired from racing because of health reasons

Otherwise, sure!
Old 22 May 2013, 15:38 (Ref:3251722)   #785
Creep89
Veteran

Germany
Herne
Creep89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would like to see Ortelli back in Le Mans
Old 22 May 2013, 17:08 (Ref:3251754)   #786
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Mechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creep89 View Post
I would like to see Ortelli back in Le Mans
He was at LeMans with Luxury a couple years ago, wasn't he?
Old 22 May 2013, 17:31 (Ref:3251760)   #787
Mr Pink
Veteran

Sweden
Sweden
Mr Pink should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Well Rickard Rydell isn't doing anything, would love to have a swede in there!
Old 22 May 2013, 17:40 (Ref:3251763)   #788
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Peter Kox has also driven a Ferrari a couple of times at Le Mans but because of his Lambo job I don't see him back in the near future.
Old 22 May 2013, 17:43 (Ref:3251765)   #789
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
I think he drove for the Aston Martin (not so) Young Drivers team at Le Mans while he was driving the Lamborghini during the rest of the year, so I don't think that's a problem.
Old 22 May 2013, 18:05 (Ref:3251767)   #790
Creep89
Veteran

Germany
Herne
Creep89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechanic Z View Post
I think it was in 2011.
Old 22 May 2013, 20:44 (Ref:3251859)   #791
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechanic Z View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobster View Post
Peter Kox has also driven a Ferrari a couple of times at Le Mans but because of his Lambo job I don't see him back in the near future.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creep89 View Post
I think it was in 2011.
There's this wonderful thing called Google... you guys should try it, it's fun.

Ortelli drove for Luxury Racing with Jaime Melo and Dominik Farnbacher in 2011. Peter Kox last drove at Le Mans in 2010 for Young Driver AMR. In a Ferrari 550-GTS Maranello he drove in the 2003, 2004, and 2006 races.
Old 22 May 2013, 23:56 (Ref:3251916)   #792
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Mechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
There's this wonderful thing called Google... you guys should try it, it's fun.

Ortelli drove for Luxury Racing with Jaime Melo and Dominik Farnbacher in 2011.

I was pretty sure it was 2011. I knew it wasn't last year, so that sort of narrowed it down...
Old 23 May 2013, 00:53 (Ref:3251935)   #793
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
This.

I dont think this has anything to do with money, AF Corse would fill the seat in one of its PRO cars with the best driver they can get, that driver would not need to bring cash, (if they did bring a sponsor to AF Corse Im sure they'd be happy with that but I cant see it being a determining factor).

The Schumi theory doesnt look that far fetched right now...
Old 23 May 2013, 01:10 (Ref:3251941)   #794
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
The Schumi theory doesnt look that far fetched right now...
I think Schumacher has been off Ferrari's Christmas card list for a while...
Old 23 May 2013, 05:10 (Ref:3252018)   #795
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
You think TGF might bring cash.......... ?
Old 23 May 2013, 07:12 (Ref:3252040)   #796
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
You think TGF might bring cash.......... ?
May be not cash, but the publicity will generate exposure that money alone could not buy, so it is a possibility
Old 23 May 2013, 07:56 (Ref:3252060)   #797
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I was thinking more of him wanting cash......
Old 23 May 2013, 08:06 (Ref:3252068)   #798
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
I think he still has unfinished business with Le mans and he knows that although he is now to old for some of the minor race series he could still race in the premier league at le mans, a race with the AF corsa this year could progress to something else
Old 23 May 2013, 08:57 (Ref:3252089)   #799
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Throwing another hat into the ring concerning the third driver in the 51: what if it's actually nobody? What if Bruni and Fisi decided with the team that they might be brave enough to try and race the car on their own?
Old 23 May 2013, 09:07 (Ref:3252091)   #800
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
I don't think that's allowed?
OK after the McNish crash in 2004 Biela and Kaffer finished the race with just the two of them, but they didn't start the race with just 2 drivers.