Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 8 Mar 2024, 11:26 (Ref:4200468)   #801
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDTVKSS View Post
Sorry mate, cracking great headache and it’s Friday evening here. I need a beer lol. It can be recovered if you want under some circumstances. There is a limit tough, esp if you don’t want it recovered. If he was smart he would have taken a chat export before deleting it.

And tbh im thoroughly sick of the whole deal and its tabloid nature. It’s massively put me off the season as I’m over hearing the Sky team banging on about it or being front page on every site.
Indeed
Old 8 Mar 2024, 15:02 (Ref:4200489)   #802
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
Maybe time to shut this thread until the truth outs - it it ever does?….
It's slowly coming out, so can perhaps openly start to discuss it properly. I think she has now been publicly named and so, perhaps more importantly, has her more current love interest. A bit of a dodgy triangle to say the least.
Old 8 Mar 2024, 15:51 (Ref:4200496)   #803
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
have seen mention of the love triangle bit...if true obviously takes this to another level of tawdry!
Old 8 Mar 2024, 16:14 (Ref:4200500)   #804
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
have seen mention of the love triangle bit...if true obviously takes this to another level of tawdry!

Google is your friend!
Old 8 Mar 2024, 16:19 (Ref:4200501)   #805
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post

And unseemly.
Old 8 Mar 2024, 17:11 (Ref:4200510)   #806
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Austrian TV speculating that Marko is the source of the leaks; RB may fire him in Monday; Horner may be taken to court - all from https://www.motorsport-magazin.com/f...t-vor-gericht/

Chaos. Complete chaos.

And breaking just as qualifying starts. The media centre in Jeddah must be jumping!
Old 8 Mar 2024, 18:53 (Ref:4200520)   #807
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
And Marko has stated, perhaps as an inducement to Red Bull to not take any action against him, that Verstappen has a clause in his contract that in the event of Marko leaving, his is able to walk away from the team.
Old 8 Mar 2024, 19:39 (Ref:4200528)   #808
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
According to this Sports Illustrated article, Horner and Newey have a similar arrangement, with a mutual protection clause in their contracts.

https://www.si.com/fannation/racing/...ssue-escalates
Old 8 Mar 2024, 20:42 (Ref:4200537)   #809
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Who knew Marko was so technically savvy? Uploading files to Google Drive? Removing metadata from images, maybe using a TOR setup to hide source of file upload? I joke as it likely was multiple people working together on that.

And all of these contract clauses reads like some weird mutually assured destruction and/or serious game of "Rock Paper Scissors".

If Marko is out, is this going to be the first domino to fall and trigger more exits including Max and maybe Newey?

VERY frank comments from Max regarding Marko and potential exit of Marko...

https://twitter.com/SCUDERIAFEMBOY/s...96229208252706

Q: Maybe a difficult question, but does your future also depend on him (Marko)?
A: Amongst other things, yes

Richard
Old 9 Mar 2024, 03:32 (Ref:4200556)   #810
PanozDP01
Rookie

PanozDP01 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This all fits within what I think is the real story: Red Bull is divided into two camps, on one side Horner with backing from the Yoovidhya family, on the other side Red Bull Austria with Mintzlaff, Helmut Marko, Adrian Newey, and the Verstappens.

Horner wants control over Red Bull Racing, while Austria is trying to prevent this at all costs.

Horner has the majority shareholder on his side. I just don't see how this is profitable for Marko, Newey and the Verstappens. Horner did build the enterprise. Horner probably thinks he can manage without them. Obviously they'd take a driver downgrade. But this is what Horner is good at. This is why they had Newey to begin with. He'd find a way to get Lando Norris, Piastri or Leclerc.
Old 9 Mar 2024, 04:57 (Ref:4200558)   #811
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanozDP01 View Post
This all fits within what I think is the real story: Red Bull is divided into two camps, on one side Horner with backing from the Yoovidhya family, on the other side Red Bull Austria with Mintzlaff, Helmut Marko, Adrian Newey, and the Verstappens.

Horner wants control over Red Bull Racing, while Austria is trying to prevent this at all costs.

Horner has the majority shareholder on his side. I just don't see how this is profitable for Marko, Newey and the Verstappens. Horner did build the enterprise. Horner probably thinks he can manage without them. Obviously they'd take a driver downgrade. But this is what Horner is good at. This is why they had Newey to begin with. He'd find a way to get Lando Norris, Piastri or Leclerc.
It certainly feels like it might be something like that - the only thing I'd disagree with is where Newey is aligned. He's made the point before now that he has a break clause in his agreement if Horner isn't there.
Old 9 Mar 2024, 05:26 (Ref:4200559)   #812
PanozDP01
Rookie

PanozDP01 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
It certainly feels like it might be something like that - the only thing I'd disagree with is where Newey is aligned. He's made the point before now that he has a break clause in his agreement if Horner isn't there.
Yeah it would make more sense if Newey was on Horners side. But some of the tabloids are saying he's on Marko's side. He probably isn't. Something is lost in translation here.

I am a Max fan and Red Bull seems like a good fit for him. But if Horner can keep Newey around , Red Bull can move on without Marko and Max Verstappen. Any of the top tier drivers would be interested in that seat.
Old 9 Mar 2024, 05:42 (Ref:4200560)   #813
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Will Ford hang around with this instability in the golden goose?
Old 9 Mar 2024, 08:37 (Ref:4200572)   #814
P38 in workshop
Veteran

P38 in workshop has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Will Ford hang around with this instability in the golden goose?

They might be seeking some justification for departing as they have some quality issues to deal with https://www.motor1.com/news/705930/f...xplorers-trim/ .That will probably cost more than the association with a successful F1 team that is currently planned for 2026.Do they remain for glory by having their name on the cam covers or do they go to save some cash?
It has often been the case with Red Bull that they don't conform to placid behaviour and don't mind being seen as rebels and the amount of publicity the name has had through this situation has kept the name in the public eye.
I expect someone,somewhere will have traced the messages and established how they left the closely monitored world of F1 data.I don't know if many people are aware that it is far from unusual to find that none of the computers in a racing HQ feature USB sockets as it would be a way to leak data.Similarly,emails will be subject to monitoring and I would expect company issued phones to be subject to scrutiny as well.I would not be surprised if they also knew which users were using which particular software licences at any particular time.Whether this sort of information would ever be shared is another thing entirely.
Old 9 Mar 2024, 09:52 (Ref:4200576)   #815
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanozDP01 View Post

Newey has stated, some weeks ago, that if Horner is forced out, then he will leave as well. I have a feeling that he is well aware of what has really been going on - he has a very good relationship with Horner - and I don't think that he has any intention of staying around whilst Verstappen Snr is pulling the strings.

And the information that has surfaced in the last few days that, allegedly, Verstappen Snr is/was in a relationship with Horner's PA who is, allegedly, the female who has been suspended, gives an indication of what may have been going on.
Old 9 Mar 2024, 11:55 (Ref:4200583)   #816
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post

And the information that has surfaced in the last few days that, allegedly, Verstappen Snr is/was in a relationship with Horner's PA who is, allegedly, the female who has been suspended, gives an indication of what may have been going on.
That's certainly what I heard yesterday....
Old 9 Mar 2024, 19:25 (Ref:4200639)   #817
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Despite what's going on internally at Red Bull, it hasn't affected the teams performance.
Old 10 Mar 2024, 20:30 (Ref:4200739)   #818
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I know it's puerile and rather rude, but I bet neither Horner nor Verstappen Senior realised they were potentially screwing the entire Red Bull sports empire when they were doing whatever it was that they were doing.

Anyway: rumours abound that the Thai continent have lost confidence in Horner now.

What next?
Old 10 Mar 2024, 21:10 (Ref:4200745)   #819
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
*contingent. Obviously not a continent!
Old 10 Mar 2024, 21:49 (Ref:4200753)   #820
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
I think this is an excellent, though lengthy article from Andrew Benson on the current state of play.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/68525859
Old 10 Mar 2024, 22:27 (Ref:4200756)   #821
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
I think this is an excellent, though lengthy article from Andrew Benson on the current state of play.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/68525859
Agree it is a nice article. I think it covers a lot and says some things without explicitly or overtly saying them. For example the tip toeing around that the closure of the complaint may be unrelated to the findings of the KC report. That there is the potential that the fix was in (protection) for Horner from the start via the Thai family who appear to be making the big decisions. Explicitly saying this could have been viewed potentially libelous with respect to the Thai family? They place the dots and let you connect them.

Quote:
Post hoc ergo propter hoc, external is an informal fallacy that states that because an event followed another, it was caused by it. Correlation appears to suggest causality, but sometimes it's not the case.

In the Horner situation, the complaint was dismissed after the board received the KC's report. But that is not necessarily the same as the report being crucial in that decision.
Richard
Old 10 Mar 2024, 22:29 (Ref:4200757)   #822
Richard C
Veteran

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/h...team/10585874/

Horner and Marko publicly being shown to be buddies? I wonder if the word has come down... "Show a united front". Outside of the potential for the PA taking the complaint to court, might this be slowing down? That Red Bull seem to be digging in their heels on this?

Richard
Old 10 Mar 2024, 23:40 (Ref:4200760)   #823
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
Quite simply, someone made a complaint, it was investigated thoroughly (including interviews with 3rd parties) and dismissed - meaning that the investigation has found no evidence to support the complaint.
The complaint being dismissed does not mean there was no evidence to support the claim.

'Post hoc ergo propter hoc, is an informal fallacy that states that because an event followed another, it was caused by it. Correlation appears to suggest causality, but sometimes it's not the case.

In the Horner situation, the complaint was dismissed after the board received the KC's report. But that is not necessarily the same as the report being crucial in that decision.'
Old 10 Mar 2024, 23:47 (Ref:4200761)   #824
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Horner to be dumped before Australia… - f1 insider.com

Clickbait rubbish?
Old 10 Mar 2024, 23:56 (Ref:4200764)   #825
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
The main reason for dismissing Horner now anyway would be because the Irish rock band U2 is getting involved. This is because the brother of the woman at issue in the investigation is the brother-in-law of guitarist 'The Edge'. The band reportedly wants to release a song called: 'Don't be Horny, Be a Christian'. The band's pressure with this with their mega influence would have persuaded the Thai owner of Red Bull to fire Horner after all.