Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 22 Jun 2015, 04:31 (Ref:3552900)   #801
mikuni
Veteran

mikuni should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmikuni should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Honda Not Ready For Second F1 Team Supply

Arguably they arent ready for their first one
Haha, so true.

I hear Ferrari are happy to supply Red Bull in 2017, so I assume they have no issues with continuing to supply Manor into the future.
Old 22 Jun 2015, 15:09 (Ref:3553060)   #802
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
McLaren allowing Marussia to take the Honda engine would be about the only way to guarantee Marussia finished below McLaren in the WCC.
I'm not sure the Macca is all that much better a chassis than the Manor!!
Old 23 Jun 2015, 01:04 (Ref:3553202)   #803
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfhound View Post
If they were to go with Honda I would imagine that Honda would need to pay Manor to take the engine, considering its current performance, as opposed to Manor paying Honda
This is one tough crowd....
Old 6 Jul 2015, 00:21 (Ref:3556055)   #804
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
12th and 13th for the British GP.. best result for them this season... new branding from Flex Box for the rest of the season...

More finishing cars than McLaren, again....
“Although people make unpleasant comments when things I write do not come true, I am simply keeping readers up to speed of what is being discussed. If things turn out differently, it does not mean that these things were never discussed. Still, as I often say, you can take what I write or ignore it - and I really do not care. I’m simply trying to let you into the world of such discussions in F1.” - Joe Saward, Green Notebook from Saint-Doulchard
Old 8 Jul 2015, 17:03 (Ref:3556809)   #805
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
12th and 13th for the British GP.. best result for them this season... new branding from Flex Box for the rest of the season...

More finishing cars than McLaren, again....
Yes but last and next to last and how many laps done? Not sure a small sponsorship deal will even give them enough money to be around after this season
Old 8 Jul 2015, 17:07 (Ref:3556811)   #806
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
To finish first
Old 9 Jul 2015, 07:55 (Ref:3556932)   #807
karting
Racer

karting should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Yes but last and next to last and how many laps done? Not sure a small sponsorship deal will even give them enough money to be around after this season
No but the Millions from finishing 10th in this years championship will do.
Old 1 Oct 2015, 09:44 (Ref:3578547)   #808
karting
Racer

So Merc engines for next season then!

Onwards and Upwards! Will Lotus/Renault and Mclaren have to fear them next season?

Also what do you think the deal will include? Will they have to run Weirlen?

The Facebook Link, direct from their own page
Old 1 Oct 2015, 10:05 (Ref:3578549)   #809
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by karting View Post
So Merc engines for next season then!

Onwards and Upwards! Will Lotus/Renault and Mclaren have to fear them next season?

Also what do you think the deal will include? Will they have to run Weirlen?

The Facebook Link, direct from their own page
Double win, they can only hope!
Old 1 Oct 2015, 11:33 (Ref:3578571)   #810
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Great news for Manor. Which spec engine will they get?

According to Toto Wolff, there is no requirement for Manor to run one of their development drivers.
Old 1 Oct 2015, 13:40 (Ref:3578587)   #811
karting
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_r View Post
Great news for Manor. Which spec engine will they get?

According to Toto Wolff, there is no requirement for Manor to run one of their development drivers.
According to their Facebook post they will be running the 2016 spec engine
Old 1 Oct 2015, 14:42 (Ref:3578601)   #812
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
first of all good for Manor! this will surely help them.

second, is this a new supply of engines that Merc will build or will it be what they would have supplied to Lotus? and have Ferrari now freed up/have an extra an engine supply for next year?
Old 1 Oct 2015, 14:53 (Ref:3578606)   #813
GingerPixel
Racer

GingerPixel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGingerPixel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Manor is going to be even more of a handful with all that newfound power. Last place drifting slo-mo Manors FTW!
Old 1 Oct 2015, 16:33 (Ref:3578645)   #814
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Merhi will be back at Sochi? Or Russians would want to put Sirotkin/Aleshin at his place?
Old 1 Oct 2015, 21:16 (Ref:3578708)   #815
Alfaholic
Veteran

England
Felixstowe
Alfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAlfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GingerPixel View Post
The Manor is going to be even more of a handful with all that newfound power. Last place drifting slo-mo Manors FTW!
Not necessarily - they've entered into a deal with Williams for a supply of suspension and transmission components.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/121111
Old 1 Oct 2015, 21:20 (Ref:3578710)   #816
Pontlieue
Racer

Pontlieue should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPontlieue should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mekola View Post
Merhi will be back at Sochi? Or Russians would want to put Sirotkin/Aleshin at his place?
Merhi is scheduled to return at Sochi. Aleshin has no superlicense. I think Sirotkin would be possible in theory, but he's got GP2 as well.
Old 1 Oct 2015, 23:52 (Ref:3578730)   #817
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Sounds like Marussia are going to be given engines a generation ahead of the works team to test. Should be interesting to see what they can make of the windfall!
Old 6 Oct 2015, 08:22 (Ref:3579913)   #818
knighty
Veteran

England
Essex
knighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridknighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
When Renault take over Lotus I just cannnot see them giving the spare seat to Joylon Palmer, as I suspect they will want a higher profile more experienced driver like Magnussen or JEV, or perhaps even Alonso........ but I can imagine seeing Joylon Palmer sitting in the manor seat, I reckon next year the Manor will be a gem of a package, Bob Bell has been there plenty long enough to have heavy influence in the 2016 car, I think it will be a strong package, and everyone knows Palmer has a budget that daddy can provide to help the team along.
Old 6 Oct 2015, 10:40 (Ref:3579926)   #819
wnut
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by knighty View Post
When Renault take over Lotus I just cannnot see them giving the spare seat to Joylon Palmer, as I suspect they will want a higher profile more experienced driver like Magnussen or JEV, or perhaps even Alonso........ but I can imagine seeing Joylon Palmer sitting in the manor seat, I reckon next year the Manor will be a gem of a package, Bob Bell has been there plenty long enough to have heavy influence in the 2016 car, I think it will be a strong package, and everyone knows Palmer has a budget that daddy can provide to help the team along.
Renault generally like French guys so JEV would be at the top of this list I think, then go down the list of eligible French drivers.
Really surprising they let RoGro go.
Old 6 Oct 2015, 11:40 (Ref:3579940)   #820
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I suspect they hadn't paid his wages so had no chance of holding him. And we don't know the deal will actually go through until the money is in the bank.
Old 6 Oct 2015, 17:03 (Ref:3580013)   #821
cds_uk
Veteran

England
Kesgrave, Suffolk, UK
cds_uk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Can Dr Jon stump up more than Mr Stevens though, that is the question? On driver ability Jolyon is in a completely different league, i really hope he can get a seat next year, i won't hold my breath though.
Old 6 Oct 2015, 17:25 (Ref:3580021)   #822
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Renault generally like French guys so JEV would be at the top of this list I think, then go down the list of eligible French drivers.
Really surprising they let RoGro go.
They like French guys, except for when it comes to employing them as F1 drivers over the past 2 decades.
Only Frenchman was Grosjean if I remember rightly.
Old 6 Oct 2015, 20:19 (Ref:3580070)   #823
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
in their defence, there wasn't a great deal of serious french talent around for a while after alesi, and before grosjean.

and it took grosjean a second go at it to grow up and have the right attitude. and even then he needed to be character assassinated for his driving standards to become the man he is now.
Old 6 Oct 2015, 23:54 (Ref:3580113)   #824
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Sounds like Marussia are going to be given engines a generation ahead of the works team to test. Should be interesting to see what they can make of the windfall!
Not much.
Old 6 Oct 2015, 23:58 (Ref:3580114)   #825
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
When Renault take over Lotus
You meant to write IF they take over?? This has been dragged out for so long it is obvious that what Renault wants is not what Renault has been offered and a stalemate has been reached.