Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 12 Dec 2007, 06:26 (Ref:2087008)   #801
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
well he is an aseton the testing/data side of a team just not as qhuick as he used to be.
Old 12 Dec 2007, 11:51 (Ref:2087158)   #802
mjstallard
Veteran

England
London
mjstallard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headline...12100901.shtml

Filippi to Super Aguri? I hope not, I want Ant in F1 next year!
Old 12 Dec 2007, 12:03 (Ref:2087164)   #803
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
maybe Ant to Macca (or Toyota bumping Trulli depending on where Heikki goes) or maybe even back to Honda bumping Rubens.
Old 12 Dec 2007, 12:05 (Ref:2087167)   #804
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Six Jolly Fellowship Porters
Last2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by f1-live.com
Super Aguri is known to be struggling financially at present, and Blick claims that 22-year-old Filippi could bring around 10 million euros to the team in the form of personal backing.
Nothing against Luca, but holy jumpin' Jehosaphat, what is the world coming to?
Old 12 Dec 2007, 14:43 (Ref:2087252)   #805
alonso11
Veteran

Hungary
Budapest
alonso11 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Last2LiftOff
Nothing against Luca, but holy jumpin' Jehosaphat, what is the world coming to?
We have seen worse surely. Filippi is not a pay-driver in the classical sense, he just happens to be bloody rich (his family is the richest in their region, having made a fortune in the truck business)

Davidson did little to prove that he has a definate place in F1, except if having been outraced by Sato and outqualifying him 9 to 8 after 6 years of intensive testing makes you the world's top22 driver

Filippi on the other hand is an exciting option, the pace he sometimes shown in GP2 was nearly unexplainable, also, if you care to follow the series, you'll agree he is a heluva racer. He stood out in recent F1 testings too, so why not, Im convienced he is good enough for F1 (plus his money can be appearently good enough the keep the 11th team on the grid)
Old 12 Dec 2007, 17:16 (Ref:2087344)   #806
Chiefy
Veteran

Germany
Cottbus, Germany.
Chiefy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Alonso11 - the word isn't "unexplainable", it's "inexplicable". But I agree with what you're saying so I won't rub that in. Davidson was okay but hardly breathtaking to watch. I think there was a race near the end of the season when his quali pace looked impressive. Alas, it faded to mediocrity pretty quickly.

Replacing anybody anywhere doesn't seem appropriate, given that he's not exactly set the world alight in 2007. Another run with Aguri would be fine - but if they can get Filippi and take a chance on success, then why shouldn't they?
Old 12 Dec 2007, 18:01 (Ref:2087375)   #807
alonso11
Veteran

Hungary
Budapest
alonso11 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
unexplainable actually means inexplicable and our "come up with a synonym and say it" thread closed long time ago, it wasnt a massive success
Old 12 Dec 2007, 18:53 (Ref:2087397)   #808
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I noticed that Ant was testing with Honda at Jerez as well as Super Aguri. Wonder if he is settling back in or just raking up some miles?
Old 12 Dec 2007, 19:50 (Ref:2087432)   #809
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Kovy says he has two offers.

http://f1.gpupdate.net/en/news/2007/...as-two-offers/
Old 12 Dec 2007, 20:11 (Ref:2087449)   #810
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Haug hints at drivers.

http://www.crash.net/motorsport/f1/n...andidates.html
Old 12 Dec 2007, 20:25 (Ref:2087459)   #811
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Kovalainen would be a bit of a coup for Toyota. I would be sad to see Jarno go, but it appears that Toyota is well and truly still on the hunt for another driver.

I reckon Kovalainen and Glock would be a very nice line-up.

Last edited by mac; 12 Dec 2007 at 20:30.
Old 13 Dec 2007, 09:01 (Ref:2087743)   #812
Kai
Racer

United States
San Francisco
Kai has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
http://www.f1technical.net/news/7822

Filippi to Super Aguri?
Old 13 Dec 2007, 10:15 (Ref:2087797)   #813
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Six Jolly Fellowship Porters
Last2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by alonso11
We have seen worse surely. Filippi is not a pay-driver in the classical sense, he just happens to be bloody rich (his family is the richest in their region, having made a fortune in the truck business)

Filippi on the other hand is an exciting option, the pace he sometimes shown in GP2 was nearly unexplainable, also, if you care to follow the series, you'll agree he is a heluva racer. He stood out in recent F1 testings too, so why not, Im convienced he is good enough for F1 (plus his money can be appearently good enough the keep the 11th team on the grid)
I welcome new drivers Alonso with glee, including Luca. Just not sure how, in the scheme of things, another team financially struggling (already?) helps make that happen. Seems to be going the wrong way as it were. But that's another thread.

Last edited by Last2LiftOff; 13 Dec 2007 at 10:19.
Old 18 Dec 2007, 05:31 (Ref:2091047)   #814
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Looks like it is all sorted then - except for Super Aguri perhaps...

1) Ferrari - Kimi Raikkonen
2) Ferrari - Felipe Massa
3) BMW Sauber - Nick Heidfeld
4) BMW Sauber - Robert Kubica
5) Renault - Fernando Alonso
6) Renault - Nelson Piquet Jr
7) Williams Toyota - Nico Rosberg
8) Williams Toyota - Kazuki Nakajima
9) Red Bull Renault - David Coulthard
10) Red Bull Renault - Mark Webber
11) Toyota - Jarno Trulli
12) Toyota - Timo Glock
14) Toro Rosso Ferrari - Sebastien Vettel
15) Toro Rosso Ferrari - Sebastien Bourdais
16) Honda - Jenson Button
17) Honda - Rubens Barrichello
18) Super Aguri Honda - Takuma Sato
19) Super Aguri Honda - Anthony Davidson
20) Force India Ferrari - Giancarlo Fisichella
21) Force India Ferrari - Adrian Sutil
22) McLaren Mercedes - Lewis Hamilton
23) McLaren Mercedes - Heikki Kovalainen
Old 18 Dec 2007, 15:28 (Ref:2091338)   #815
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
And Force India.
Old 18 Dec 2007, 16:07 (Ref:2091360)   #816
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
Don't they still have 112 drivers to choose from?
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'
Old 18 Dec 2007, 16:21 (Ref:2091364)   #817
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There are sites that report that GF has already signed for Force India.
Old 18 Dec 2007, 16:24 (Ref:2091368)   #818
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralf's Girl
Don't they still have 112 drivers to choose from?
They've not finished evaluating drivers yet.

My test is at 3:55pm on Jan 8th, followed by Tom Chilton at 4pm, Eddie "The Eagle" Edwards at 4:05pm, Zsolt Baumgartner at 4:10pm and Maureen from Driving School at 4:15.
Old 18 Dec 2007, 16:36 (Ref:2091374)   #819
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Sorry to disappoint you Hans but i have already signed a multi year deal with Force India.
Old 18 Dec 2007, 17:25 (Ref:2091405)   #820
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Does your deal include some kind of special dispensation that means you still have the contract when someone different buys the team in under a year's time?
Old 18 Dec 2007, 18:19 (Ref:2091432)   #821
Leighton Irwin
Veteran

Canada
Victoria Harbour (on Georgian Bay)
Leighton Irwin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

It will be John and Ashley Force. First father and daughter team once John recovers from his crash. They already know how to accelerate and go fast. They just need to learn how to turn.
Old 18 Dec 2007, 18:40 (Ref:2091442)   #822
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!
This just proves how wildly inaccurate internet speculation can be. It can now be reveled by my management team that, based on the strength of my 1980 Regional Championship in Showroom Stock, JohnSSC will be the #1 driver at Force India.

It is with great satisfaction that I note that I have been given the status of #1 driver, which means I get to use the loo first before the start of the race and that Adrian Sutil must carry my suitcases, let me have the window seat during all flights and take on my fitness programme for me. Adrian must "cover my six" to ensure that I am not overtaken by my own ego or the Safety Car.

Arrive and drive!
"He's still a young guy and I always think, slightly morbidly, the last thing you learn is how to die and at the end of the day everybody learns every single day." - The Ever-Cheerfull Ron Dennis on Lewis Hamilton.
Old 18 Dec 2007, 19:07 (Ref:2091456)   #823
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
I was told that I would be having a test on December 25th at Silverstone.I've been told to "hang around cos we might be late".
Old 18 Dec 2007, 20:32 (Ref:2091505)   #824
Red Bulldog
Racer

Canada
Beaver Bank, NS
Red Bulldog should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralf fan
Sorry to disappoint you Hans but i have already signed a multi year deal with Force India.
Will you have to change your name?
Old 19 Dec 2007, 19:58 (Ref:2092190)   #825
Kai
Racer

United States
San Francisco
Kai has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve nielsen
There are sites that report that GF has already signed for Force India.
True, but none of them are really reputable. The ones that are reputable just report it as something that was claimed by AutoMoto365 which hasn't been confirmed by either party.