Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 1 Jun 2013, 14:53 (Ref:3256429)   #851
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
In 14, I'll be on the ferry on my way......
Old 1 Jun 2013, 16:03 (Ref:3256453)   #852
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
And not that long to the test day
Old 1 Jun 2013, 16:17 (Ref:3256458)   #853
lemansfan
Veteran

Germany
westernmost District of Germany
lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
And not that long to the test day
Yes , we will be there next Week at this time
Old 1 Jun 2013, 16:52 (Ref:3256464)   #854
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemansfan View Post
Yes , we will be there next Week at this time
Waiting for you
Old 1 Jun 2013, 17:33 (Ref:3256474)   #855
lemansfan
Veteran

Germany
westernmost District of Germany
lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by batmobile View Post
Waiting for you

Eric, only a few Days until our Meeting .
Old 1 Jun 2013, 17:47 (Ref:3256479)   #856
frostie
Ten-Tenths Photo Of The Year Winner 2013
Racer

Ireland
Dundalk
frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!
18 days for my group to travel and with the Catalan GP in the mean time with Assen MotoGP and Silverstone F1 to finish off the month. I think its fair to say that June is probably going to be the best month ever for me!
Old 1 Jun 2013, 17:57 (Ref:3256480)   #857
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllonFS View Post
I think it's time to sadly call it a day on this year's Le Mans. With nothing planned and my stamina still on the low side, it realistically isn't going to happen, unless I get an offer of full Audi hospitality! I would have loved to have gone and said a heartfelt thanks personally to all of you who have been so kind and supportive over the last year. I'll just have to wait until 2014 when I will certainly be there. Missing 3 years on the trot is grim, but in the great scheme of things, not the end of the world. And I do have Goodwood FoS to look forward to and hopefully a drive round the Nurburgring in the Autumn.

I'll be there in spirit and hopefully this year can enjoy the race online without pesky last minute hospital admissions getting in the way!

If anyone can set up Skype for the ten-tenths meeting then hopefully I can still raise a glass with you .

Have a great time
Allon
I'm not sure we will be able to use Skype at the meeting but we will send you several PM.
See you next year in your best shape.
Old 1 Jun 2013, 22:42 (Ref:3256556)   #858
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by frostie View Post
18 days for my group to travel and with the Catalan GP in the mean time with Assen MotoGP and Silverstone F1 to finish off the month. I think its fair to say that June is probably going to be the best month ever for me!
That truely is jam packed with petrolhead walhallah's ! Enjoy it.
Old 2 Jun 2013, 08:50 (Ref:3256629)   #859
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
Nice, yesterday we finally had our tickets send to us. 18 GE's and 12 Houx annexe tickets, all nice and crisp.

Now begins the warmly awaited ritual of people coming by to collect their tickets. This mostly accompanied by a beer or a nice wine, talking about the final camp details and ofcourse the race.
Old 2 Jun 2013, 10:34 (Ref:3256654)   #860
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Indeed so. Although I'm not a 'Tourist' any more, my old buddies will be back in greater numbers this year and I had lunch with some of them and the Chief Tourist on Friday. It was lovely to sit out in the sun at the restaurant talking about all things Le Mans!
Old 2 Jun 2013, 11:51 (Ref:3256681)   #861
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Sent it out the 18th of May. Arrived at buyer's yesterday. Very "speedy" delivery.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincegail View Post
I have in my possession a spare Tertre Rouge campsite ticket.
I'll sell it for 85 euros (82 facevalue + 3 euros of the part of the shippingcosts the unfortunate homestayer had paid).
I can either:
-hand it over to the buyer in person at Tertre Rouge (I'll arrive tuesday afternoon) ----> no extra shipping
-mail it to whichever country the buyer lives in (don't know the costs of that yet)
With no takers within the forseeable future, I'll be forced to do a Ebenezer Scrooge to maximize my drinking money box and put them on fleabay

PM me if interested!
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincegail View Post
Sold to GT6's mate with a Skyline
Old 2 Jun 2013, 12:58 (Ref:3256698)   #862
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Glad that is sorted Vince, will see you on the wednesday and introduce Vernon when he arrives on thursday.
Old 2 Jun 2013, 18:12 (Ref:3256769)   #863
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTfour View Post
Nice, yesterday we finally had our tickets send to us. 18 GE's and 12 Houx annexe tickets, all nice and crisp.
Where did you buy your tickets, I thought mine arrived late, it seems now some send them even later. I would have been very nervous. BTW it looks like you are a touragency. From recent years I know you are not, just a petrolhead with a lot of international friends.
Old 2 Jun 2013, 18:42 (Ref:3256778)   #864
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
just a petrolhead with a lot of international friends.
I think that just sums up most of us on here

Last edited by Aysedasi; 2 Jun 2013 at 18:57.
Old 2 Jun 2013, 19:11 (Ref:3256793)   #865
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitemr2 View Post
Where did you buy your tickets, I thought mine arrived late, it seems now some send them even later. I would have been very nervous. BTW it looks like you are a touragency. From recent years I know you are not, just a petrolhead with a lot of international friends.
Our badge of tickets was still 'on a hold' due to one or two being late with their payments. No problems, for the agency knew all would be payed in full in the end and so just had our wad of tickets stashed away for us. I've stopped paying for othermen's tickets long ago due to bad experiences.
For the rest, I'd say I'm what Ayse calls a 'Chief tourist' for It's me rounding up all the ticket orders, placing the ticketbuy, organising who brings what and how, etc., etc. By the way, this year it was dutch motorsport ticketseller 'Ticket & Travel' who provided us and showed us quite some patience...
Old 2 Jun 2013, 19:20 (Ref:3256796)   #866
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
I think that just sums up most of us on here
Fully agree
Old 2 Jun 2013, 19:35 (Ref:3256799)   #867
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTfour View Post
I've stopped paying for othermen's tickets long ago due to bad experiences.
For the rest, I'd say I'm what Ayse calls a 'Chief tourist' for It's me rounding up all the ticket orders, placing the ticketbuy, organising who brings what and how, etc., etc.
I've set the limit of pitches and people to 3 pitches and 6 people for my gang. More is not feasible imho. Well, for me it isn't. Obviously it works pretty well for other groups, but I like to keep things 'cosy' And the people I invite usually are true to their word and I have no problems with dropouts. This year was an exception due to Force Majeur and won't happen again, probably.

I think you'd call me a 'Chief Tourist' too, with the exception that I have all the equipment so nobody else has to bring stuff. I'm a bit OCD in that department, like to arrange things myself, so I know it gets done.
Old 2 Jun 2013, 20:12 (Ref:3256812)   #868
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
@ vincegail, love your text : is it june het, YES IT IS
In two weeks time I'll be sitting in front of my tent
Old 2 Jun 2013, 21:17 (Ref:3256846)   #869
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
This is the first year I have had problems, ordered the usual 4 camping and 6 race tickets and some people have messed me around a little so might only order 3 camping tickets next year, been a good run of organising things but some times you have to tell people they could order the tickets themselves.
Old 3 Jun 2013, 01:03 (Ref:3256911)   #870
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
I was prepared tp miss this year. then Mal offrered Maison Blanche, and I was back in... Time to sort the ferries!
Old 3 Jun 2013, 05:47 (Ref:3256946)   #871
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
All this sorting going on - love it!!!
Old 3 Jun 2013, 06:21 (Ref:3256951)   #872
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Still got a few things to sort out, Euro breakdown for the car, insurance for Helen (so I can sample the odd glass of wine) and some euro's, Odd supllies still to be purchased. NOT LONG NOW
Old 3 Jun 2013, 07:16 (Ref:3256971)   #873
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
This year my friends were not sure if they would come with me to LM, so when I ordered tickets last november I took a chance and bougt them HA tickets. Now they finally decided NOT to go. So I've got one spare HA ticket, its my self to blame. Think I'll just hold on to it and use it as a exclusive/expencive carpark, unless someone here is in great need.
Old 3 Jun 2013, 07:19 (Ref:3256974)   #874
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
It is getting late to sell extra tickets, but put a post on Club arnarge, beermountain and pistonheads
Old 3 Jun 2013, 08:35 (Ref:3257004)   #875
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
I already decided not to advertise. Like I wrote if someone is in great need. I'll sell it here.