Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 18 Feb 2010, 21:57 (Ref:2635889)   #851
Porsche917K
Racer

United States
Napa, CA
Porsche917K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I really hope JMW can bring the best out of that Aston. It's a good driver pairing and man do I love the sound of that car, but I always have the memory of a GT2 Vantage driving by itself in ALMS races.
Old 18 Feb 2010, 22:26 (Ref:2635904)   #852
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Porsche917K View Post
I really hope JMW can bring the best out of that Aston. It's a good driver pairing and man do I love the sound of that car, but I always have the memory of a GT2 Vantage driving by itself in ALMS races.
The car has come on a long way since then, it had good results and showed massive speed last year in the few FIA GT races it competed in.
Old 18 Feb 2010, 23:53 (Ref:2635948)   #853
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
Certainly Fred Makawaka seemed to have it sussed. Not forgetting Drayson ran theirs for 22 1/2 hours at The Great Race, too...
Old 19 Feb 2010, 04:15 (Ref:2636026)   #854
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightStalk3r View Post
The car has come on a long way since then, it had good results and showed massive speed last year in the few FIA GT races it competed in.
Who's building the engines?
Old 19 Feb 2010, 05:38 (Ref:2636042)   #855
davehenrie
Racer

United States
Post Falls Idaho(up in the Skinny part)
davehenrie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddavehenrie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Loved the video of the Rebellion. That is how a race car should sound, if nothing else these diesels should have large speakers mounted with tapes of petrol engines playing....

Also the trackside microphones picked up the engine and backfires and gear changes. Why can't they mix a TV broadcast with that kind of clarity? We get the announcers yelling and only the faintest hint of a backfire popping comes through. Put the announcers on some sort of Closed Caption where I can read their comments while I 'hear' the Judds and Acuras and various grumbling American V8's.
dh
Old 19 Feb 2010, 08:40 (Ref:2636081)   #856
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
airbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridairbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
Who's building the engines?
Prodrive.

Tom.
Old 19 Feb 2010, 14:47 (Ref:2636314)   #857
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by airbusA346 View Post
Prodrive.

Tom.
Well then they have no chance unfortunately.
Old 19 Feb 2010, 16:16 (Ref:2636388)   #858
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
End-Info doing a piece on Drayson and their new B10 ..... I wasnt aware thet they were getting a new B10 .

Whose got the old chassis ?

It will be very interesting to hear exactly what Pirro has to say about the chassis and engine combo .

http://www.endurance-info.com/versio...ance-3593.html
Old 19 Feb 2010, 16:37 (Ref:2636404)   #859
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
airbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridairbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Well then they have no chance unfortunately.
Why?

Tom.
Old 19 Feb 2010, 16:55 (Ref:2636414)   #860
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
End-Info doing a piece on Drayson and their new B10 ..... I wasnt aware thet they were getting a new B10 .

It will be very interesting to hear exactly what Pirro has to say about the chassis and engine combo .

Drayson chassis was updated.

L.P.
Old 19 Feb 2010, 22:36 (Ref:2636649)   #861
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
Quote:
Originally Posted by airbusA346 View Post
Why?

Tom.
The engine was the downfall of that program IMO . I believe Drayson went through 13 engines in one season. I can't remember if it was Sebring or PLM, but they went through 3 engines in the same weekend. Kablamo! It's a cool car while it's running though.
Old 20 Feb 2010, 02:01 (Ref:2636729)   #862
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
The engine was the downfall of that program IMO . I believe Drayson went through 13 engines in one season. I can't remember if it was Sebring or PLM, but they went through 3 engines in the same weekend. Kablamo! It's a cool car while it's running though.
That was 2008, engine is far stronger now, no failures in any of its FIA GT appearances last year and ran for 22 hours at Le Mans last year.
Old 20 Feb 2010, 02:40 (Ref:2636749)   #863
WMUCarGuy
Veteran

United States
WMUCarGuy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post

Just a bit of non-descriptive writing. Their 09 car has been updated to '10 spec.
Old 20 Feb 2010, 20:21 (Ref:2637248)   #864
pablocomics
Racer

Spain
Madrid
pablocomics should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Some photos of the golden Rebellion P1 in Monteblanco circuit on the daily-endurance wesite

http://www.daily-endurance.com/galer...nes.html?id=11
Old 21 Feb 2010, 15:03 (Ref:2637700)   #865
Jamesy-18
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire
Jamesy-18 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nice, that livery is starting to grow on me now. I think it may change though seeing as there are no sponsor's decals on the car as yet.
Old 21 Feb 2010, 15:28 (Ref:2637711)   #866
davehenrie
Racer

United States
Post Falls Idaho(up in the Skinny part)
davehenrie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddavehenrie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMUCarGuy View Post
Just a bit of non-descriptive writing. Their 09 car has been updated to '10 spec.
I believe I have read that just about any B05 based Lola can be upgraded to latest coupes. But I'm guessing that the cost of updating the oldest chassis' is probably prohibitive. Otherwise Kai Kruse would have a roof on his Lola by now. With Drayson's chassis only being one year old, it was a fairly easy step to the 2010 spec.

dh
Old 21 Feb 2010, 15:51 (Ref:2637724)   #867
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by davehenrie View Post
I believe I have read that just about any B05 based Lola can be upgraded to latest coupes. But I'm guessing that the cost of updating the oldest chassis' is probably prohibitive. Otherwise Kai Kruse would have a roof on his Lola by now. With Drayson's chassis only being one year old, it was a fairly easy step to the 2010 spec.

dh
A Cabriot/Spyder can not be upgraded to a coupe, they are different tubs!

L.P.
Old 21 Feb 2010, 16:16 (Ref:2637734)   #868
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG View Post
A Cabriot/Spyder can not be upgraded to a coupe, they are different tubs!

L.P.
Different tubs, yes, but I seem to remember RML describing their change to a coupe as an upgrade and that as much as 75% of the EX265 was carried over to the EX265C. One would have to assume the same carry over would be possible for any existing open Lola chassis (of recent vintage, of course)?

Still a very expensive upgrade though.
Old 21 Feb 2010, 16:33 (Ref:2637739)   #869
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
I guess we will go through this once again. The tub is where the Mfg. number plate that contains the VIN# is permanantly attached (can not be removed). This plate is what makes the car, well, a car! To replace it is to change cars. Yes you can cannibalize the previous car of all its ancillary parts to build up the new tub into a complete car, but it is a NEW car.

As explained, coincidentally, in an article at DSC today (RSR piece)
Quote:
.” And, as Mike Newton testified, this hadn’t been a small task; “The car had been cannibalised to a large extent when we first created the EX265C CoupĂ©,

L.P.

Last edited by HORNDAWG; 21 Feb 2010 at 16:36. Reason: spelling
Old 21 Feb 2010, 17:22 (Ref:2637756)   #870
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG View Post
I guess we will go through this once again.

L.P.
Oh no, not again!

I think we're all well aware that new tub = new car. If you're determined to be 'technically' correct, and 'technically' correct others who post 'technically' incorrectly, then fine. But in doing so, on this occasion, I think you missed the correct, but 'technically' incorrect, point davehenrie was making.

I felt it was only right to reassure davehenrie, further to your 'technically' correct post, that he was correct, despite the fact he was 'technically' incorrect.
Old 21 Feb 2010, 17:27 (Ref:2637758)   #871
pdxracefan
Racer

United States
Oregon
pdxracefan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by davehenrie View Post
Loved the video of the Rebellion. That is how a race car should sound, if nothing else these diesels should have large speakers mounted with tapes of petrol engines playing....

Also the trackside microphones picked up the engine and backfires and gear changes. Why can't they mix a TV broadcast with that kind of clarity? We get the announcers yelling and only the faintest hint of a backfire popping comes through. Put the announcers on some sort of Closed Caption where I can read their comments while I 'hear' the Judds and Acuras and various grumbling American V8's.
dh
Hear Hear!

Couldn't agree more. The problem is, at least here in the states, that the networks that broadcast racing have the mindset that the broadcast crew are what makes the race, not the race or the certainly not the sounds of the race.
Old 21 Feb 2010, 17:54 (Ref:2637775)   #872
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
Oh no, not again!

I think we're all well aware that new tub = new car. If you're determined to be 'technically' correct, and 'technically' correct others who post 'technically' incorrectly, then fine. But in doing so, on this occasion, I think you missed the correct, but 'technically' incorrect, point davehenrie was making.

I felt it was only right to reassure davehenrie, further to your 'technically' correct post, that he was correct, despite the fact he was 'technically' incorrect.

Hmm, are we talking about switching from a Spyder to a Coupe or upgrading a B05/40 with the '10 aero kit? As I understand it Spyder parts and complete new (B10/10) cars are still being made available from Lola.

You know, just one of those boring technicallities!!

L.P.
Old 21 Feb 2010, 17:56 (Ref:2637778)   #873
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
I guess it depends on the commentary team!

Personally there are some I'd happily mute but in sportscar racing in particular the additional info that they bring, particularly about things you can't see, is well woth listening to - Perhaps a happy medium would be a slot or two within the race where they just leave the effects mikes up - 30 seconds or so of that might be nice once in a while.

Also shouldn't be beyond the wit of man to offer that option on a digital platform
Old 22 Feb 2010, 03:12 (Ref:2638031)   #874
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham Goodwin View Post
I guess it depends on the commentary team!

Personally there are some I'd happily mute but in sportscar racing in particular the additional info that they bring, particularly about things you can't see, is well woth listening to - Perhaps a happy medium would be a slot or two within the race where they just leave the effects mikes up - 30 seconds or so of that might be nice once in a while.

Also shouldn't be beyond the wit of man to offer that option on a digital platform
That's why it's better to be there. Part of the atmosphere is hearing Hindy and some guy named Graham in the background. Even if you can't hear what their saying the inflection in the voices lets you know if something is going on. It's secondary to the cars until you put the earbuds in.
Old 22 Feb 2010, 18:49 (Ref:2638471)   #875
Jamesy-18
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire
Jamesy-18 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxracefan View Post
Hear Hear!

Couldn't agree more. The problem is, at least here in the states, that the networks that broadcast racing have the mindset that the broadcast crew are what makes the race, not the race or the certainly not the sounds of the race.
I'm sorry, did I miss something? A video of a nice sounding race car? Where?! :P