Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 16 Jun 2021, 17:08 (Ref:4056696)   #876
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
At the very last minute they write something I understand, Just An hour before that I asked for a refund, let's see how that will work out. I really don't need all the tickets and camping I had in my voucher. Hitting the refund button made me feel extremely sad. No Le Mans this year......... Working on a solution though.

Last edited by whitemr2; 16 Jun 2021 at 17:22.
Old 16 Jun 2021, 17:17 (Ref:4056698)   #877
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
i had the same email, not sure what to do tomorrow, do i just hang on and wait for the letter or try and log in and ? or just email the aco and tell them what i want
Old 16 Jun 2021, 17:24 (Ref:4056699)   #878
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Finally some late emailed confirmation from the ACO for those with credit notes:

YOU ARE HOLDING A 2020 LE MANS 24 HOURS CREDIT NOTE?
Your voucher remains valid and your 2021 booking will be handled by the Ticketing Service on the basis of your 2020 Credit Note. Your tickets are already booked, your letter is on its way.

What's in that letter - I've no idea. I'd rather have a personalised emailed response telling me what I've got. Will be interesting to see if the camping tickets go on sale tomorrow.
Yep, couldn't believe my ears when I was told the ticket allocations for credit note holders were being sent out by snail mail. They are predicted to arrive through our letterboxes some time next week.

The letter will offer you as close as possible the equivalent tickets to the 2020 ticket order it relates to. If your campsite is not operating this year, you will be offered an alternative (outside the circuit camping only). There will be a free 7,000 space car park outside the circuit (which I assume is the one on the airfield) + Parking Rouge + Parking Blanc. There will be no camping passes or separate car park tickets for Arnage/Indianapolis or Mulsanne.

Your ticket allocation is yours to accept in full, or amend as necessary. If you need to amend your ticket order you must contact the ticket office by email or phone to advise them of the changes you need to make. Any remaining balance on the credit note once you've made the amendments will then be refunded. I was asked to kindly wait until a few days after ticketing was opened up to the general public before contacting them to amend my booking because their inbox and telephone lines would be frantically busy.

Hope that makes things a little bit clearer...
Old 16 Jun 2021, 17:26 (Ref:4056700)   #879
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Yep, it is still confusing, but more understandable compared to the previous mails.
The log in check doesn't work.
Old 16 Jun 2021, 17:40 (Ref:4056701)   #880
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
It is getting annoying, found this on a different site (you know wich one).
Looks like there is another mail send wich I did not get.

It makes me mad, how hard is it to give proper information.

...You are holding a 2020 LE MANS 24 HOURS Credit Note and want to attend the race in August

· Your voucher remains valid and your 2021 booking will be handled by the Ticketing Service on the basis of your 2020 Credit Note. Your tickets are already reserved. A new booking form will be mailed by post in the next days, and your Credit Note will be used as a payment. New tickets will be sent afterwards.

NB : In order to respect the sanitary measures in effect, only parking and camping areas outside the circuit are open. If your booking included a ticket in a parking or camping zone inside the circuit, the Ticketing Service will modify it.

· You booked grandstand, parking or camping tickets but no entry tickets: the Ticketing Service will automatically give you one entry ticket per each grandstand ticket, two entry tickets per each parking or grandstand ticket.

· If you need less tickets, you will have to contact the Ticketing Service once you receive your 2021 booking form to amend your booking. Then, you will be able to ask for a partial refund.

· If you need more tickets, you will have to make a new booking by contacting the Ticketing Service by phone at +33 (0)2.43.40.8000 or by email at serviceclients@lemans.org.

· Regarding the free access for children under 16, Student or disabled price, request must be made by phone or mail with the Ticketing Service.

You wish to get a refund on your 2020 LE MANS 24 HOURS Credit Note

You must registered to the following online form: please click here. Once registered, a full procedure will be sent to you by email later on in which you will have to provide your IBAN (International Bank Account Number) for a refund through wire transfer.
Old 16 Jun 2021, 17:58 (Ref:4056703)   #881
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
Yep, couldn't believe my ears when I was told the ticket allocations for credit note holders were being sent out by snail mail. They are predicted to arrive through our letterboxes some time next week.

The letter will offer you as close as possible the equivalent tickets to the 2020 ticket order it relates to. If your campsite is not operating this year, you will be offered an alternative (outside the circuit camping only). There will be a free 7,000 space car park outside the circuit (which I assume is the one on the airfield) + Parking Rouge + Parking Blanc. There will be no camping passes or separate car park tickets for Arnage/Indianapolis or Mulsanne.

Your ticket allocation is yours to accept in full, or amend as necessary. If you need to amend your ticket order you must contact the ticket office by email or phone to advise them of the changes you need to make. Any remaining balance on the credit note once you've made the amendments will then be refunded. I was asked to kindly wait until a few days after ticketing was opened up to the general public before contacting them to amend my booking because their inbox and telephone lines would be frantically busy.

Hope that makes things a little bit clearer...
Thanks James. Good info. So we get a list of what we are entitled to in the post - then we can argue the toss later.

Looks like all I need to do tomorrow is try and bag a camping pass then.
Old 16 Jun 2021, 18:18 (Ref:4056708)   #882
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I just can't believe things are being sent out by post...... extraordinary.
Old 16 Jun 2021, 18:36 (Ref:4056710)   #883
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'm trying to work out in my mind how the ACO will know what tickets they can actually put on sale tomorrow.... They must anticipate that a sizeable number of those who have credit notes will not now want to buy all of the tickets they originally ordered. So are they only putting on sale tomorrow those tickets that aren't accounted for in the credit notes? Or taking a flyer on what they reckon will be turned down - next week.....?
Old 16 Jun 2021, 18:39 (Ref:4056711)   #884
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I just can't believe things are being sent out by post...... extraordinary.
The application for the refund of my credit voucher was via a Google sheet, which sounds modern but...isn't. I then got an email with a link to a very basic page where I had to put in my IBAN for a refund. The process seems to work, but it feels very primitive and hastily cobbled-together (and indeed not very secure).

I guess credit where it is due for managing a very complex challenge, but on the other hand I have had a very large number of cancellation / refund / voucher / rebooking experiences in the last 15 months and they have all been smoother and more user-friendly than the ACO's.
Old 16 Jun 2021, 18:50 (Ref:4056717)   #885
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
It's the haphazard nature of the whole thing that gets me. With only 50k tickets available, you can't help but feel that something is going to go wrong somewhere. There are going to be people who think they have bought tickets tomorrow who may find that there are actually none left. I assume that those with credit notes will be reasonably secure as the ACO need to honour the bookings they've already made, but it smacks of something that is almost bound to fall over.... And I would have thought that people who try to buy tickets on the 21st when they go on general sale will have a snowball's chance in hell of getting hold of anything - much.....
Old 16 Jun 2021, 18:55 (Ref:4056718)   #886
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I wonder how many paid up members of the ACO there are? That aren't on the freebie tickets/VIP list.
Old 16 Jun 2021, 19:06 (Ref:4056721)   #887
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
I'm trying to work out in my mind how the ACO will know what tickets they can actually put on sale tomorrow.... They must anticipate that a sizeable number of those who have credit notes will not now want to buy all of the tickets they originally ordered. So are they only putting on sale tomorrow those tickets that aren't accounted for in the credit notes? Or taking a flyer on what they reckon will be turned down - next week.....?
i reckon they're going to be taking a flyer. only way they can do it, isn't it?

humble opinion is that they should have done something really unpopular a month or so ago and limited it to french residents. it'd have sorted their goalposts right out and given them a far greater degree of clarity. then again i suppose being shafted for tickets is a part of the annual le mans experience, why start changing that now...
Old 16 Jun 2021, 19:34 (Ref:4056729)   #888
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
I'm trying to work out in my mind how the ACO will know what tickets they can actually put on sale tomorrow....
They will do what they did back in the day before online sales, just take everyone's order and then sometime later announce what you have been given and put you on the waiting list for whatever you didn't get.
Old 16 Jun 2021, 19:43 (Ref:4056731)   #889
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Finally some late emailed confirmation from the ACO for those with credit notes:

YOU ARE HOLDING A 2020 LE MANS 24 HOURS CREDIT NOTE?
Your voucher remains valid and your 2021 booking will be handled by the Ticketing Service on the basis of your 2020 Credit Note. Your tickets are already booked, your letter is on its way.

What's in that letter - I've no idea. I'd rather have a personalised emailed response telling me what I've got. Will be interesting to see if the camping tickets go on sale tomorrow.
Your booking confirmation

Envoyé de mon SM-A600FN en utilisant Tapatalk
Old 16 Jun 2021, 19:44 (Ref:4056732)   #890
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitemr2 View Post
At the very last minute they write something I understand, Just An hour before that I asked for a refund, let's see how that will work out. I really don't need all the tickets and camping I had in my voucher. Hitting the refund button made me feel extremely sad. No Le Mans this year......... Working on a solution though.
You'll get a refund of the tickets you don't need if asked.

Old 16 Jun 2021, 19:50 (Ref:4056733)   #891
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
Oups I am a bit late. So we can expect to meet some of you !!!!

Old 16 Jun 2021, 21:15 (Ref:4056745)   #892
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
I wonder how many paid up members of the ACO there are? That aren't on the freebie tickets/VIP list.
I suspect a lot more than you might think.....
Old 17 Jun 2021, 08:41 (Ref:4056787)   #893
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Well as expected this is a fun process. Site fell over pretty quickly and now on the front end they seem to have taken them off sale again? Not really sure.
Old 17 Jun 2021, 09:00 (Ref:4056790)   #894
24hrmans
Rookie

24hrmans should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Was in, could only book camping. Ony T17, 18 are bookable, but hangs on reservation. And being kicked out.
Old 17 Jun 2021, 09:02 (Ref:4056792)   #895
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Well as expected this is a fun process. Site fell over pretty quickly and now on the front end they seem to have taken them off sale again? Not really sure.
I wonder how many people were trying this morning? The booking online has been pretty troublesome in the past, let alone when they only have a fraction of the tickets available.
Old 17 Jun 2021, 09:05 (Ref:4056793)   #896
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
The site says "momentarily unavailable" but reading all the guff it appears if i do nothing i will automatically get a camping ticket and 2 GE tickets, obviously there will be a difference in cost as the camping i get will be substantially less than the quality one i had before. But need to renew aco membershp so extra cash needed anyway
Old 17 Jun 2021, 09:08 (Ref:4056794)   #897
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by 24hrmans View Post
Was in, could only book camping. Ony T17, 18 are bookable, but hangs on reservation. And being kicked out.
I got as far as putting in my address for a camping pitch. Then worryingly when I changed my country to GB it didn't seem to like that.

Only been able to get back onto the site once since. I could add GE tickets to the basket but not camping. So makes me wonder whether the camp sites have already gone. There's only three currently - with Houx Annexe seemingly added.
Old 17 Jun 2021, 09:09 (Ref:4056795)   #898
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I've just tried. Can't even load the ticketing page.

I can see the camping spots selling out within minutes. I still don't see how they can organise ticketing today when the whole credit note allocation can't be determined until next week as and when postie arrives....
Old 17 Jun 2021, 09:23 (Ref:4056797)   #899
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wonder how it works with ticket agencies? I just don't see how, like Ayse says, given the credit note situation, how any camping or tribune tickets can go on sale.

Surely there are way more credit notes than availability.
Old 17 Jun 2021, 09:35 (Ref:4056800)   #900
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I've heard nothing at all from 1st Tickets (I still act as 'broker' for my old Tourist pals and their tickets), however as they made the decision to roll over to 2022 some weeks ago, I guess there's no reason for Brian to contact me. There's no update on their site. I just hope that someone at the ACO has their finger on the pulse, otherwise this is going to turn out to be a car crash before a car has turned it's wheels at the circuit.....