Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 3 Sep 2002, 06:59 (Ref:371838)   #876
Hobson
Veteran

England
Notts, UK
Hobson should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHobson should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I tested an RC Lab a while back and thats how I found it to be - precise with loads of corner speed.
I have Robinson Racing gears, I think they go up to 100 tooth 48dp.
Old 5 Sep 2002, 02:09 (Ref:373497)   #877
Herminator
Racer

Herminator should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The gears go over 105 teeth, I'm amazed they make them in one tooth increases, makes it more tunable than most would be able to tell. I'll be needing some big pinions, I have a 33 but will need 30,31,32 hope the TiR guy has them this weekend so I can gear my 12turn properly for the huge Benarty track. Will get to see how the car works with mod motors, it's definetly a good stock motor car and works better than most on low grip tracks. Looking at the RC Lab forum people have been trying lay down shocks at the rear and getting huse amounts of grip, although sometimes it means there isn't enough steering so they make brackets to allow laydown shock at the front aswell, hopefully a kit with the parts needed will be released soon, will be interesting to try.
How's the Mission going? I've not heard anything spectacular about it, only ever seen one race, by the son of the owner of Tay Racers at RRCi events.
Old 6 Sep 2002, 06:46 (Ref:374232)   #878
Hobson
Veteran

England
Notts, UK
Hobson should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHobson should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
My Mission is fine, I'm still surprised by the rocket-like acceleration...........sometimes it catches me out! Not broken anything, but I have plenty of spares. I'm thinking of getting rid of my Axis2 as it just sits in my consevatory doing nothing, looking lonely and bored.....maybe I'll give a beginner a chance with a fast(ish) car.

That Benarty track is in this months RRCI, the HPI Challenge went there. Looks good!
Old 6 Sep 2002, 12:46 (Ref:374505)   #879
Herminator
Racer

Don't sell the Axis 2, you'll probably sell it then need it a week later, plus you can probably use it for temperary spares. If you ever race outdoors and it rains you'd be best running the axis 2, saves having to rebuild the good car and the extra wear on the diffs. I'm going to be taking the penguin chassis off my Pro 3 and putting the stock one on, there is a good chance of rain this sunday so I want to use the Pro 3 and it's inner body.

It's easy to tell Benarty is a nitro track, quite big and the main striaght is huge, time for a good scratch of an itch if you're running electric. It's nice to have a permanent track but there is an awful lot of gritt there, tyres come away covered in a layer of dirt at the end of a race and the whole car gets it trapped in it, not good for diffs.
Old 8 Sep 2002, 17:05 (Ref:375827)   #880
Hobson
Veteran

England
Notts, UK
There, you said it - I needed the Axis2 today! we put on a display at a Steam Rally..........and completely shot the diff balls in my XXX.

I didn't want to use my touring car as the area we raced on was uneven, dirty/damp and very tight.

The Mission was put aside and got the XXX ready, but as I said, I broke it and used the Axis2.
Old 9 Sep 2002, 00:24 (Ref:376001)   #881
Herminator
Racer

LMAO, my mystical powers are getting better.
Benarty didn't have very good weather, thunder and lightning, so it was a wet track, although the sun cameout at the end and the track was drying during the finals, which meant less grip and some bad setups.
I finished 5th in the B final, after qualifying 8th. I pulled out near the end though coz I was having major handling problems due to the removed sheilds on the bearings that the diffs sit it, they literally ground to a halt and my diffs were actingmore like solid axles racing tomorrow night so I've already stripped the car and rebuilt one diff, will do the other tomorrow.
The grit was unbelievable, wheels came back with a 2mm layer of grit inside them and the rest of the car was covered in 1mm of grit, they must have dumped a few sand pits on the track. Yet again CS22's work well in the wet, who needs treaded tyres
Old 9 Sep 2002, 06:44 (Ref:376099)   #882
Hobson
Veteran

England
Notts, UK
CS-22's?
I have used Sorex 28R's before in the wet and they have been good. I end up using D20 narrow's usually now.

Sounds like it was more like gravel racing than tarmac racing!
Old 9 Sep 2002, 13:43 (Ref:376450)   #883
Herminator
Racer

Well it looks like tarmac but it's thekind thats very flat with small holes in it, which must hold a lot of grit. It's not the best surface on tyres either, in the dry they come off kinda scuffed, not over heated just lines accross them in white, from the stones in the tarmac.
People were using D20 narrows too, they seemed to work very well, I like the take off range of tyres, when it's dry and reasonably warm I use CS27's. They wear well and give good grip, I've seen Sorex tyres give more grip but they wear a lot quicker and often upset handling.
Car is ready to be put back together, I hope to finaly have a trouble free night of racing, I doubt I will though, something always goes wrong.
Old 9 Sep 2002, 15:06 (Ref:376530)   #884
Hobson
Veteran

England
Notts, UK
I'm just dreading the repair bill for the XXX. I haven't taken it apart yet to see whats wrong...............I'm too scared!
Old 9 Sep 2002, 15:34 (Ref:376549)   #885
Herminator
Racer

lol, be afraid, be very afraid
Old 10 Sep 2002, 06:37 (Ref:377093)   #886
Hobson
Veteran

England
Notts, UK
I haven't even got any imperial tools to take it apart if I wanted to!
Old 12 Sep 2002, 19:19 (Ref:378999)   #887
Herminator
Racer

the dreaded Americans stuck in their ways.
It's time they started using metric tools like the rest of the world, although m.p.h. is still good.
As for my trouble free night of racing, HA, I wish. The car was downright dangerous to drive. I was using new mini pins instead and grip was terrible, the setup seemed weird too, I couldn't get the car to go in a straight line, it was oversteering like mad, and I couldn't seem to get the trim centered so every time I applied the throttle it would go off to either side. There wasn't enough time between heats for any big changes so I ended up giving up. I think some of the problem was dry bearings, the prevvious owner took out all the sheilds for some stupid reason, after removing all the grit I had to oil them and I didn;t have oil so I waited till I got to the hall and borrowed some oil, but couldn't get to all the bearings properly. Now I've done it properly I should go a little better on Monday, plus I've made a few other changes, next step I think is sanding the pins on the tyres down a little.
Old 16 Sep 2002, 06:25 (Ref:381256)   #888
Hobson
Veteran

England
Notts, UK
I went to the Bedworth round of the Schumacher BTCC and had a reasonable day, quailifed 9th in the stock C final. I couldn't get the balance between speed and acceleration. I won the final though and got a Novak XXL receiver as a prize. Then guess what........I won the Mission kit!

As I walked away, I said to my Dad:
"What am I gonna do with this?"

Then a guy overheard this and offered to swap this Mission for his spare car, a Losi XXXS. Unopened at well! Deal done!

Now I have to decide wether the sell the Axis2, or keep it as an indoor car, and the Mission as an outdoor car and XXXS as a wet weather car.
Old 16 Sep 2002, 08:06 (Ref:381312)   #889
Herminator
Racer

you lucky SOB, I wish we got prizes like that for winning finals. Thats some raffle prize too, I would of prefered the Losi, it'll make a good rain car once you get the inner body.
no reason you can't sell the Axis2 now, make yourself some cash to spend on either of the other two.
If you win another reciever you can always sell it to me cheap
Old 16 Sep 2002, 16:49 (Ref:381693)   #890
Hobson
Veteran

England
Notts, UK
You bet!

I've managed to get a Losi team driver to build it, and heres the body I'm going to run on it. Painted by Dean Osbourne, a Schumacher B-Team driver.
Old 16 Sep 2002, 16:51 (Ref:381694)   #891
Hobson
Veteran

England
Notts, UK
ProtoForm Stratus:
Attached Thumbnails
zstrat[1].jpg  
Old 16 Sep 2002, 16:53 (Ref:381696)   #892
Hobson
Veteran

England
Notts, UK
I need a new digicam, bloody quality!
Old 16 Sep 2002, 21:20 (Ref:381908)   #893
Herminator
Racer

LoL, build it yourself you lazy sod, it's best to know how it goes together incase of any fixes you need. How come you got a painted body
Old 16 Sep 2002, 21:40 (Ref:381930)   #894
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Nice prize! Kinda lost touch with this sport since April odd time, but Herminator keeps pestering me, so I doubt I'll forget quickly! I PROMISE I'LL BE BACK!
Old 17 Sep 2002, 06:34 (Ref:382129)   #895
Hobson
Veteran

England
Notts, UK
I haven't got any time to build it, I get maybe one free night a week. I bought the body a while back and gave it to Dean to paint. I wanted like his, and his are GOOD!
Old 18 Sep 2002, 02:20 (Ref:383020)   #896
Herminator
Racer

You're a busy fella then, this summer I've had too much time on my hands.
Getting the RC Lab tuned in a bit better, still needs more rear end grip so I'm going to try laydown shocks at the rear, a handy option that comes from using the same bits front and rear. I only managed the B final since I was tuning my car and in the last qualifer I ran my slow cells, boy they are bad, I'm never using them in a race again, cost me an improved time which would of put me in the A. I managed to improve my time in the final by 2 laps, almost got another one in too, the time woulf of put me well into the A and in the final I'd have been about 5th. Thats with it being undergeared My lap times were satisfyingly consistant in the final, slowest was 12.62 and the fastest 11.39, average being 12.07, I normally have atleast one lap where I crash and loose a couple seconds but the most I had was problems lapping this annoying kid who can't control his car since it's too fast for him, yet he thinks he's good and does well in the **** class coz he has so much speed. Every time I lapped him I got hit or hit him, don't think my car touched anyone elses all race, I must of scared them out of my way with my speed
Old 18 Sep 2002, 06:27 (Ref:383091)   #897
Hobson
Veteran

England
Notts, UK
Old 18 Sep 2002, 10:24 (Ref:383219)   #898
Maisie
Veteran

Maisie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Herminator
I normally have atleast one lap where I crash and loose a couple seconds but the most I had was problems lapping this annoying kid who can't control his car since it's too fast for him, yet he thinks he's good and does well in the **** class coz he has so much speed. Every time I lapped him I got hit or hit him, don't think my car touched anyone elses all race, I must of scared them out of my way with my speed
That sounds SO familiar. I used to get so fed up with kids whose rich parents bought them the fastest cars to start with, and who had NO idea of how to control them, and took themselves and everyone out every lap.

Remember folks, power is nothing without control
Old 18 Sep 2002, 20:50 (Ref:383687)   #899
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Yep got an idea what types of folks you're on about Herminator...without being big headed, I was so much faster than some folks last year. Yet I felt so sorry when I was lapping them as in the "pits" they'd be getting a row from their dads for not doing well, not the sort of attitude you should be getting from your old folks. And these folks seemed to be spending so much too.
Old 18 Sep 2002, 22:35 (Ref:383761)   #900
Herminator
Racer

His dad isn't really bothered, the kid just thinks he's fast coz his car is and he doesn't move for anyone, and takes a hell of a lot of other kids out, who have slower cars but can control them. He also hasn't spent that much, he has a pretty standard Pro 3, just a fast motor and I suppose the rest of his electrics are pretty good but not the best, the car seems jerky, it's kinda turn sharp then blast the throttle until you get in the general area of the next corner. Not to say there aren't dads who get to angry for nothing, especially at marshals who don't see his kids cars within a tenth of a second.