Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 7 May 2011, 19:15 (Ref:2876410)   #901
sssssssss
Veteran

sssssssss should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridsssssssss should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
and even if audi ran lower df than peugeot, ultimately, they did so last year too with the r15 and the lap time difference was about the same.
Old 7 May 2011, 19:22 (Ref:2876413)   #902
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
So, Audi's car debut winning streak comes to an end, and Peugeot win at Spa for the fifth consecutive time...
Old 7 May 2011, 20:14 (Ref:2876442)   #903
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Also, please Patrick Peter do not split the Le Mans series with the ILMC. With Pescarolo and possibly the second Rebellion car planning to run the ILMC next year, it would be nice if we could see 60 or so cars at a race instead of 30.
Old 7 May 2011, 20:19 (Ref:2876445)   #904
LML
Rookie

France
Clermont-Ferrand
LML should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Congralutations to Peugeot for this amazing win...
Watch the spa highlights http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHcuun_cI9A
Audi will take its revanche at Le Mans in six weeks?
Old 7 May 2011, 20:35 (Ref:2876451)   #905
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Just back at the hotel after a very long day at Spa - from a trackside perspective was a very good race with a healthy attendance. Relative pace of Audi and Peugeot looks very close, which bodes incredibly well for next month.

Now for the task of unpicking what actually went on out of eyesight - for all Spa is a great track to visit, picking up commentary trackside was beyond the skills of my radio and there could do with being one or two more big screens.

Still - probably worse things to do than sit with a Belgian beer (Chimay Blue in this case) and go through how the afternoon evolved.
Old 7 May 2011, 21:16 (Ref:2876471)   #906
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Porsche------groan.........................................
Old 7 May 2011, 21:32 (Ref:2876478)   #907
lemansfan
Veteran

Germany
westernmost District of Germany
lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!
Back from Spa and sorted out my Pics . It was a fantastic Day . Very good Race , a lot of Spectators , the only Thing what was chaotic was the Parking Situation .

The Lotus look's very good in BRG .

http://s1.directupload.net/file/d/2517/3rdxa248_jpg
Old 7 May 2011, 22:04 (Ref:2876491)   #908
marcosgt
Racer

England
UK
marcosgt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmarcosgt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kudos to Eurosport for providing top notch coverage (later part even in HD!).

An interesting, if not that thrilling, race. Who'd have expected the Peugeots to beat the Audis so convincingly.

Of course, Spa's 6 hours of Spa and Le Mans is 24 Hours of Le Mans, so I don't discount Audi's chances of sweeping up at la Sarthe.

M.
Old 7 May 2011, 22:57 (Ref:2876507)   #909
Accident
Veteran

Accident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAccident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAccident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Next time any race is streamed on race-rally, I hope they have it sorted out; don't know if it was me and my computers, but it was dreadful.
Was the same for me, and I generally don't have any problems with streaming stuff. Was constantly buffering, very low quality, and had many graphical errors and color problems.

Luckily I found a justin.tv for the Eurosport or whatever it was coverage.

I really wish the ACO would get something figured out like SRO has with the streamed and archived races.
Old 7 May 2011, 23:13 (Ref:2876510)   #910
Mike_Wooshy
Veteran

England
Birmingham
Mike_Wooshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMike_Wooshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Peugeot stream worked a treat for me, Luckily I knew some basic French to understand what was happening with the live feed. After a while used RLM with on-board cars feeds from Peugeot. Ok couldn't see the GT2 action but Hindy and Co kept me well upto date on that front. Along with the Michelin live timing I was pretty satisfied. I didnt wanna take the risk with Eurosport player, after sometimes not showing and cutting off to show other sports. Also props to the Peugeot stream in that it never lagged behind like the ALMS/Sebring stream did.
Old 7 May 2011, 23:22 (Ref:2876511)   #911
Dunlop Corner
Racer

Dunlop Corner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Peugoout stream was great. Shows ALMS and others how it should be done.
I would however prefer to see the real coverage, since at some stages interesting things do happen that are not connected to a Peugeout. Unfortunately in Denmark Eurosport 2 was showing the Bundesliga all day, so we only got the final two hours on the main channel. But boy did it look great in HD. How i would have loved to see that for the entire race instead of the crappy race-rally stream.

But if the first part of the race had been on Eurosport 2 i would have loved the coverage. If that were to happen, the media package for this series is beginning to take form. Much much better than the crappy stream that was all we had for Sebring.
Old 8 May 2011, 02:04 (Ref:2876533)   #912
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Watching the Pug feed was great. Stinks the windshield was in poor shape, but did little to take away from that experience.

I should've tried to get another feed other than race-rally, but I had my hands full all day today. Luckily, RLM kept me up to date and I was able to enjoy the great race.

And what a race it was! Makes me extremely excited to see what we have in store for the first of June! Can't wait.
Old 8 May 2011, 06:29 (Ref:2876574)   #913
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Watching the Pug feed was great. Stinks the windshield was in poor shape, but did little to take away from that experience.

I should've tried to get another feed other than race-rally, but I had my hands full all day today. Luckily, RLM kept me up to date and I was able to enjoy the great race.

And what a race it was! Makes me extremely excited to see what we have in store for the first of June! Can't wait.

FIRST of June???

Have I missed something?
Old 8 May 2011, 07:13 (Ref:2876582)   #914
lemansfan
Veteran

Germany
westernmost District of Germany
lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!
Some Pics from Spa .

http://s1.directupload.net/file/d/2518/rqz8dmc8_jpg
http://s1.directupload.net/file/d/2518/zir7tue3_jpg
http://s1.directupload.net/file/d/2518/2rk3dmge_jpg
http://s1.directupload.net/file/d/2518/tg4dv29l_jpg
http://s1.directupload.net/file/d/2518/mygyc942_jpg

Just learning to understand my new Camera
Old 8 May 2011, 07:17 (Ref:2876583)   #915
henk4
Veteran

Netherlands
Rozenburg, Holland
henk4 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridhenk4 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senna-F1God View Post
Pug is still hiding some Horses before the Big Race...

Watch the STAR PAGENAUD: 2:03.699

they might have shot themselves in the foot there, as this is over 5 seconds quicker than the fastest petrol lap done by a Rebellion. ACO has the right to adjust the power balance if laps time differences are more than 2%. We are now talking of 5 seconds on a 125 seconds lap........
ACO has issued a communication that they will review the current situation based on the results of this race.
Old 8 May 2011, 07:18 (Ref:2876584)   #916
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Well , thats put an end to any chance Felbermayr had of retaining their championship .

What exactly did happen ?
Old 8 May 2011, 07:21 (Ref:2876585)   #917
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
Well , thats put an end to any chance Felbermayr had of retaining their championship .

What exactly did happen ?
Simply punted off into the gravel by Fisichella in the 51 Ferrari, hit hard enough to do suspension damage.

I'd rather think that AF Corse have their drivers on a "seek-and-destroy" mission whenever Lieb is in the 77 Porsche.
Old 8 May 2011, 07:32 (Ref:2876586)   #918
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
No need for that crap in a 100kms race , at all .
Old 8 May 2011, 07:33 (Ref:2876587)   #919
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemansfan View Post
Back from Spa and sorted out my Pics . It was a fantastic Day . Very good Race , a lot of Spectators , the only Thing what was chaotic was the Parking Situation .

The Lotus look's very good in BRG .

http://s1.directupload.net/file/d/2517/3rdxa248_jpg
Hallo Werner,

Where did you park, I could drive straight to the entrance near Eau Rouge and park there for free, I arrived just as the F3 race started and it was only a 2 minute walk to the entry of the track.

Lotus look good indeed, shame one of the cars only lasted an hour or so ( lots of smoke when he entered the pits ) and the other is listed in PRO class with two drivers who I never heard of before and one was coming from my country ( Slingerland ).
Old 8 May 2011, 07:52 (Ref:2876598)   #920
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobster View Post
Hallo Werner,
Try Walter.........

Old 8 May 2011, 11:16 (Ref:2876691)   #921
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
arakis has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
Simply punted off into the gravel by Fisichella in the 51 Ferrari, hit hard enough to do suspension damage.

I'd rather think that AF Corse have their drivers on a "seek-and-destroy" mission whenever Lieb is in the 77 Porsche.
From what i saw in the replay fisi went on the inside a little too carelessly but marc should have seen that the ferrari was comited and shouldnt have cut over the front of fisi under bracking (expecialy not in the first lap) and thus hit himself and fisi
To launch a new FIA GT2 category based on strict technical rules, with limited wavers and ‘balance of performance' limited to success ballast. A category where GT manufacturers will prove through competition they can produce the best road going GT car.
Old 8 May 2011, 13:11 (Ref:2876751)   #922
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Guardian report.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2011...al-le-mans-cup
Old 8 May 2011, 13:53 (Ref:2876768)   #923
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
Considering Formula 1 got 51,000 last year for the Belgian Grand Prix, 35,000 is a really solid number.
Old 8 May 2011, 14:03 (Ref:2876782)   #924
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCosworthPanoz View Post
Considering Formula 1 got 51,000 last year for the Belgian Grand Prix, 35,000 is a really solid number.
But comparing with a Classic race running in Aarhus next weekend with 10,000 presold tickets. It's not that high.
Old 8 May 2011, 14:30 (Ref:2876827)   #925
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
This is why the series needs to plan for the next five to ten years, with a stable calender and media package, all centred around the 24hrs.