Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 22 Sep 2009, 21:11 (Ref:2546284)   #901
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
Flav to seek compensation from FIA.

http://www.crash.net/f1/news/152553/..._from_fia.html

This isn't finished yet.Not by a long way!
Flav shot himself in the foot by not attending the Hearing. Quote from Joe Saward:
Quote:
The FIA dossier has revealed that Flavio Briatore was invited to attend the meeting of the World Motor Sport Council but declined to do so, arguing in a letter from his lawyer that “he is not a licence holder and is not required to account to the FIA”.

The FIA also said that Briatore “repeatedly insisted that he had no knowledge of the affair” but the evidence of Piquet, Symonds and Witness X meant that the WMSC “cannot accept the account that Mr Briatore has offered” and ruled that Briatore was directly involved in the conspiracy.
Old 22 Sep 2009, 21:15 (Ref:2546286)   #902
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jab View Post
Wait...there is another...

An interesting development. Don't know what it'll lead to but interesting to note nonetheless

More info here, including the recordings and documentations

I reckon Witness X is Teflonso - he grassed up the boys at Woking, whats to say he didnt do it here too?
Old 22 Sep 2009, 21:22 (Ref:2546291)   #903
bdwoody
Veteran

United Kingdom
redbridge southampton
bdwoody should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i ageee ^^^^^^^^ and then he left to go to another team ......waiting .....ferrari here he comes .
Old 22 Sep 2009, 21:28 (Ref:2546292)   #904
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
jab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghinzani View Post
I reckon Witness X is Teflonso - he grassed up the boys at Woking, whats to say he didnt do it here too?
I reckon he might be. Whoever he was, he agreed with Symonds' account (that it was NPJ's idea), objected to the plan and didn't know they were going ahead with it until after it happened. And Mosley knows who he is

The one thing against this is that it says Witness X came forward having seemingly not been interviewed before. This probably rules out Alonso, Bob Bell, Steve Nielsen and others, but not Alan Permane

Old 23 Sep 2009, 10:18 (Ref:2546515)   #905
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!
Symonds still states that Piquet suggested it to being with then?
Old 23 Sep 2009, 10:27 (Ref:2546522)   #906
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
This is all very confusing. Piquet says that it was Briatore and Symonds. Symonds and 'Witness X' say it was Piquet. Briatore says nothing ever happened. Who are we to believe (not Briatore, of course)?
Old 23 Sep 2009, 10:41 (Ref:2546528)   #907
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Pat Symonds responds

I've just read this on the Autosport website:
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/78798
My opinion of this guy has not changed, if anything, reading his reply makes me believe even more strongly that he was the most innocent party in the whole affair.
He gracefully accepts responsibility for his actions, and I totally believe that he shows the remorse that he claims.
An honest and true Gentleman I believe, and 'The Sport' will miss him (and people like him).
I do notice however that any comments from Mr Briatore since the hearing have not shown the same sentiments...
Old 23 Sep 2009, 11:19 (Ref:2546552)   #908
joe rossi
Veteran

United Kingdom
uk
joe rossi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjoe rossi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't believe Piquet Jr has the intelligence to think through the possible outcomes of strategy, crashes and fuel loads to be able to suggest the plan to Symonds and Briatore.

Alonso however....

Much as I like Symonds I still think he is being economical with the truth about whose idea it was in the first place..
Old 23 Sep 2009, 12:22 (Ref:2546595)   #909
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
jab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Renault will continue in F1

Guess that rules out the DR takeover. And they've also withdrawn the case against the Piquets
Old 23 Sep 2009, 12:42 (Ref:2546607)   #910
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Down F0rce View Post
This is all very confusing. Piquet says that it was Briatore and Symonds. Symonds and 'Witness X' say it was Piquet. Briatore says nothing ever happened. Who are we to believe (not Briatore, of course)?
I would imagine the idea for this originated from Briatore. Maybe he had an off-record discussion with Piquet on the matter within the context of his contract renewal. Piquet then went ahead and put the suggestion to Symonds at their meeting. Along with most people here, I think its highly unlikely Pat Symonds would have contrived something like this... and even more unlikely that Piquet would volunteer to go kamikaze unprompted.
Old 23 Sep 2009, 12:43 (Ref:2546610)   #911
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jab View Post
Renault will continue in F1

Guess that rules out the DR takeover. And they've also withdrawn the case against the Piquets
To be honest, I always considered the 'action against the Piquets' to be more a Flavio decision and not a Renault one.
As for the announcement ruling out a takeover of the team the cynic in me is not so sure. Generally, the stronger something is denied, the more likely it is that it's going to happen. Putting on a brave face and using phrases like 'wanting to put the whole affair behind us' and 'continue to make an important contribution to the sport' doesn't mean that they'll not be selling up.
They could 'continue to make an important contribution to the sport' as an engine supplier without the financial drain (and potential embarassment) of running a complete F1 team.
Old 23 Sep 2009, 12:50 (Ref:2546615)   #912
foreversideways
Veteran

England
Bramhall
foreversideways should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridforeversideways should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I am pretty convinced that in the fullness of time Renault will revert to being an engine supplier and the team will be moved into some sort of private ownership. After all Renault did pretty well as an engine suppler. I still see those Renault Williams poster in Renault garages.
Old 23 Sep 2009, 12:53 (Ref:2546617)   #913
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
To be honest, I always considered the 'action against the Piquets' to be more a Flavio decision and not a Renault one.
As for the announcement ruling out a takeover of the team the cynic in me is not so sure. Generally, the stronger something is denied, the more likely it is that it's going to happen. Putting on a brave face and using phrases like 'wanting to put the whole affair behind us' and 'continue to make an important contribution to the sport' doesn't mean that they'll not be selling up.
They could 'continue to make an important contribution to the sport' as an engine supplier without the financial drain (and potential embarassment) of running a complete F1 team.
Wait a moment! nowhere in that post do YOU deny being involved in the takeover either. Do we take it from that you will soon be sliding into Flavs voluminous chair at Enstone? Hot and Cold running Supermodels the deal clincher for you? Can I have a sweeping up job at the factory please mister?
Old 23 Sep 2009, 12:55 (Ref:2546620)   #914
foreversideways
Veteran

England
Bramhall
foreversideways should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridforeversideways should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Wait a moment! nowhere in that post do YOU deny being involved in the takeover either. Do we take it from that you will soon be sliding into Flavs voluminous chair at Enstone? Hot and Cold running Supermodels the deal clincher for you? Can I have a sweeping up job at the factory please mister?
No not him me, please please please bring on those supermodels !!
Old 23 Sep 2009, 14:15 (Ref:2546657)   #915
old man
Veteran

England
UK
old man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by foreversideways View Post
I am pretty convinced that in the fullness of time Renault will revert to being an engine supplier and the team will be moved into some sort of private ownership. After all Renault did pretty well as an engine suppler. I still see those Renault Williams poster in Renault garages.
Can I have the agency for the engines please? The last guy to have it did OK, well for a while anyway
Old 23 Sep 2009, 14:29 (Ref:2546661)   #916
MrTTraces
Veteran

Zimbabwe
A place where the coffee is cold!
MrTTraces should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm suprised Max Clifford hasn't stroked his ego and talked about this scandal from his 'PR' point of view. Normally when a big scandal breaks or some numpty from nowhere wins a talent contest, he's usually the first to speak up about it.

His silence is refreshing
Old 23 Sep 2009, 16:08 (Ref:2546719)   #917
Rgms320
Racer

United States
Seattle
Rgms320 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by davyboy View Post
Who, hand on heart, really believes that Fernando Alonso had nothing whatsoever to do with this.
I really, really, honestly believe that Alonso has learned not to text anything shady to De La Rossa any more.

Old 23 Sep 2009, 16:12 (Ref:2546724)   #918
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by foreversideways View Post
No not him me, please please please bring on those supermodels !!
Quote:
Originally Posted by old man View Post
Can I have the agency for the engines please? The last guy to have it did OK, well for a while anyway
Hmm, caught out there...
Initially Ghinz had got the job, but then, re-reading his post I took offence to the fact that he thought I needed a voluminous chair. So FS, as soon as I get fully installed (and have obviously taken my pick of the Supermodels), consider the job yours. (You can bring your own dustpan and brush can't you? the budget's going to a little tight).
Old 23 Sep 2009, 17:50 (Ref:2546799)   #919
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Alonso is expecting a podium...just so that we shouldn't be too surprised if it happens.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/78791
Old 23 Sep 2009, 18:58 (Ref:2546857)   #920
icemachine
Veteran

Canada
Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada
icemachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridicemachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
Alonso is expecting a podium...just so that we shouldn't be too surprised if it happens.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/78791
Way to put the pressure on any miscue by Grosjean
Old 23 Sep 2009, 19:41 (Ref:2546897)   #921
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think I know who Witness X is.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/78807
Old 24 Sep 2009, 10:53 (Ref:2547264)   #922
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
Webber to do all negotiations with Renault (and others) himself

Good on him for that. Managers and agents can just get in the way sometimes as in football. Don't know whether it'll work or not but good on him
Old 24 Sep 2009, 11:05 (Ref:2547271)   #923
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
Bernie sticks his oar in!

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/78809
Old 24 Sep 2009, 12:25 (Ref:2547306)   #924
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

Well he would say that, would'nt he?
Old 24 Sep 2009, 13:07 (Ref:2547324)   #925
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
Every question from the floor today in the press conference was on last year, apart from one - predictably, a question to Kimi about his future