Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 2 Apr 2012, 20:35 (Ref:3052509)   #901
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purist View Post
I want to slug Ratel for dropping Potrero de los Funes,
While I absolutely love the PdlF-track it has to make financial sense for the teams to go there... i.e. if the promoter is not willing to help out with travel costs it becomes a lot less attractive for the series to go there.
Old 2 Apr 2012, 20:41 (Ref:3052513)   #902
kurski
Veteran

Finland
kurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think Potrero de los Funes race was the best competition in GT1, and a shame that it fell off the calendar. It is an injustice that South America is not being driven this year. Hopefully the new Moscow circuit is good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by helgi View Post
Oh, yes!!! Aleksei Vasiliev in FIA GT again!!! Brilliant news!!!
So, good news and teampartner is Pizzonia. Pizzonia is competing this year, also Brasil Stock Car.
Old 2 Apr 2012, 20:42 (Ref:3052516)   #903
Gil Abobeleira
Veteran

Gil Abobeleira should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewF31 View Post
...as Marcel suggests, 'my' Portuguese round in Portimão, will be 'transported' figuratively speaking to Morocco. Oh, wow, it's an 'African' race.
You should know that Morocco is right below the Douro river
Old 2 Apr 2012, 21:38 (Ref:3052554)   #904
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
AndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gil Abobeleira View Post
Indeed that Moroccon wine is the best
Old 2 Apr 2012, 21:47 (Ref:3052562)   #905
urdragon
Veteran

Spain
Barcelona
urdragon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridurdragon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gil Abobeleira View Post
Don't joke with that:

Quote wikipedia:

For the historical Muslim-era region, see Al-Garb Al-Andalus.

We want JJOO at Morocco 2020 Support Madrid!!!
Old 3 Apr 2012, 00:48 (Ref:3052639)   #906
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
So, who's smuggling these guys out of Nogaro and down to Marrakech the following weekend to join WTCC?

Seriously though, Marrakech is the sole, active Moroccan circuit I'm aware of, or at least the only one that could meet the requirements of FIA GT. And as to those requirements, I don't know how they can conclude that Beijing Goldenport is up to snuff. I could understand it being a fallback for one season because they couldn't get the Olympic Park street circuit ready in time, but at this point, either get the street circuit sorted for the championship round, or find another circuit (Zhuhai, Shanghai, or Chengdu).
Old 3 Apr 2012, 10:07 (Ref:3052772)   #907
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
No San Luis? What the hell is this crap?

Sad to hear about the loss of Zandvoort too.

Well at least they're still going to Zolder and Portimao (waits for them to be replaced)
Old 3 Apr 2012, 13:18 (Ref:3052875)   #908
Monkey Head
Veteran

Hong Kong
Hong Kong
Monkey Head should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Stephen Ratel should find another option for Korean Round,I believe it won't be happen
Old 3 Apr 2012, 13:23 (Ref:3052877)   #909
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
No San Luis? What the hell is this crap?
Money makes the world go round... if the local promoter doesn't pay, the series can't go there.
Old 3 Apr 2012, 13:44 (Ref:3052889)   #910
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
That joke of a calendar is a freaking disgrace, I didn't belive they could make things any worse but it would appear that they just did. And for god's sake it doesn't even qualify as a world championship anymore as there are only two continents!!!

Boring cars and frustrating politics behind the curtains, mediocre drivers, unimaginative format and mostly dull circuits
Old 3 Apr 2012, 13:49 (Ref:3052892)   #911
urdragon
Veteran

Spain
Barcelona
urdragon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridurdragon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purist View Post
I don't know how they can conclude that Beijing Goldenport is up to snuff.
Agree, Goldenport is crap, they were lucky last year rain appeared cause this so small circuit, is very boring (Repetitive).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
Boring cars and frustrating politics behind the curtains, mediocre drivers, unimaginative format and mostly dull circuits
Boring cars?? Down't know a world Champ with more amusing GTcars.. Drivers are average, the only crappy here is Calendar by far..

Last edited by urdragon; 3 Apr 2012 at 13:55.
Old 3 Apr 2012, 14:51 (Ref:3052926)   #912
merlot brougham
Racer

United States
Chapel Hill
merlot brougham should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmerlot brougham should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Did anyone know if there were at least plans top really "open up" the GT3 cars that were competing in this series? In my opinion that is one of the only ways they could maintain some credibility by adopting GT3 cars and still calling it a GT1 world championship.

Regarding the rest, you guys have said it all...Ratel is taking the cars where the $$ is regardless of issues with the Argentinian gov't. World championship indeed....
Old 3 Apr 2012, 16:04 (Ref:3052955)   #913
Dead-Eye
Veteran

Estonia
Dead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by merlot brougham View Post
Did anyone know if there were at least plans top really "open up" the GT3 cars that were competing in this series? In my opinion that is one of the only ways they could maintain some credibility by adopting GT3 cars and still calling it a GT1 world championship.
There are plans to do that over the next few seasons. This year (and probably the next) will be pure GT3.
Old 3 Apr 2012, 16:28 (Ref:3052970)   #914
urdragon
Veteran

Spain
Barcelona
Quote:
Originally Posted by merlot brougham View Post
Regarding the rest, you guys have said it all...Ratel is taking the cars where the $$ is regardless of issues with the Argentinian gov't. World championship indeed....
Well, then we may better go racing to Cayman islands and company, thanks to Cameron & friends... Well, It's better to not get inside politics...
Old 4 Apr 2012, 01:53 (Ref:3053242)   #915
urdragon
Veteran

Spain
Barcelona
What i wanted to say is we are changing the best/one of the fia gt racing place (San Luis) for the crappyest (Korea) of F1 (What's there?, a kind of Swampy place surrounded by low quality motels is all i can hear about tv journalists.. ). Also San Luis represented american continent (Ratel is saying to them, he is not interested cause U're poor or (Don't tell me why Ratel doesn't go to EEUU)by now as daggy's & co say... All international rounds in GT1 and European are quite poor.

Cars and drivers in Fia GT are quite interesting, but the calendar is crappy comparing to BES or WEC.

I have a mixed feeling about this (Crappy calendar) and the poor BES PRO drivers (cup) with the best calendar in Europe in blancpain series. And the crappy (Cars) grid (Neither Mclaren, neither audi,neither bmw, neither ford, neither lambo....) of WEC GTE..
Old 4 Apr 2012, 06:19 (Ref:3053272)   #916
GTKers
Racer

Italy
Italy
GTKers should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
this could be the year of the I GT Open renaissance...

only top tracks, larger restrictors on Gt2 cars, official teams and works drivers on gt2, tv live on more than 100 countries, lots of gt3 with ex formula drivers as zampieri and company...

they said that there are for shure more than 24 cars all season with 12 gt2 spec 2012! and a 40 grid on 1st race @ portimao

sounds way better than GT1world WEC or Fiagt3....
Old 4 Apr 2012, 10:21 (Ref:3053350)   #917
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
Money makes the world go round... if the local promoter doesn't pay, the series can't go there.
I know I know (mine was more a retorical question borne of anger).

I think the championship is still somewhat healthy, the tracks might be average except for Portimao and Zolder but there are some highly professional teams with some top drivers in there (not as many pros as last couple of years) and which GT fan can not be excited by those machines lined up for this year.

I would like to see the two classes and three hour race format return but times have changed.
Old 4 Apr 2012, 11:50 (Ref:3053387)   #918
JackN
Racer

United Kingdom
Norrrrrfolk
JackN should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There's certainly a bit of over reaction here. Clearly things haven't fallen into place exactly how everyone would have liked, but there's still 9good teams out there, and there may not be many big name GT drivers but there's a lot of young quick single seated racers, who are possibly going to be the new GT stars.

All that we really need is good racing. We'll find out this weekend!
Old 4 Apr 2012, 11:59 (Ref:3053392)   #919
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTKers View Post
this could be the year of the I GT Open renaissance...
they said that there are for shure more than 24 cars all season with 12 gt2 spec 2012! and a 40 grid on 1st race @ portimao
They combine their races in Spain and Portugal with the national GT series don't they? In the rest of Europe we saw something like 20-22 cars on average the last couple of years. Good, but nothing spectaculair.
Old 4 Apr 2012, 13:59 (Ref:3053463)   #920
morningview66
Racer

morningview66 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmorningview66 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
To be fair i agree with the majority:
Poor Calender
Average Driver Lineup
Great Cars and Teams

But the thing that GT1 and theese 1hr sprints have been great at theese past few years is some of the best racing around. Something that longer endurance event just dosent force. So i for one will be hoping and looking forward to that happening again this year...
Old 4 Apr 2012, 14:06 (Ref:3053464)   #921
kurski
Veteran

Finland
kurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Endurance-Info.com Interview with Stephane Ratel, but the French language.
Old 4 Apr 2012, 16:18 (Ref:3053527)   #922
GTKers
Racer

Italy
Italy
and Viper returns to GT but..... with a GTE !!!!
Old 4 Apr 2012, 17:23 (Ref:3053558)   #923
morningview66
Racer

morningview66 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmorningview66 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
New GT1 website launched: http://gt1world.com/

Now there is something SRO do know how to do well, websites and videos. There media side is pretty well sorted even if they struggle to get the cars/drivers.
Old 4 Apr 2012, 18:36 (Ref:3053621)   #924
GTKers
Racer

Italy
Italy
but they have put a GT2 ferrari on their website!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

aiaiaiaiaiii Ratel!!!!
Old 4 Apr 2012, 18:50 (Ref:3053638)   #925
kurski
Veteran

Finland
GT1 LIFE - Drivers share their Pre Season Thoughts.