Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 10 Mar 2010, 15:03 (Ref:2648946)   #926
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeMans.pt View Post
He is working on it... but nothing very solid by now.
The idea is to be on Le Mans... but... is not being easy to get an minimum competitive drive.
Nice to see him in one of those Pescarolo's again .
Old 10 Mar 2010, 15:42 (Ref:2648965)   #927
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
Does Joao Barbosa have a drive for LM yet?
could he be doing something with Jaguar?
Old 10 Mar 2010, 19:51 (Ref:2649132)   #928
LeMans.pt
Veteran

Portugal
London, UK
LeMans.pt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
Nice to see him in one of those Pescarolo's again .
Yes it would... but not without paying big cash, and that is a problem.
Old 12 Mar 2010, 17:51 (Ref:2650481)   #929
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Some mainstream coverage.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...-F1-stars.html

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...-go-large.html
Old 13 Mar 2010, 18:46 (Ref:2651172)   #930
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nigel Mansell gave the ACO, Le Mans and the Le Mans Series a good plug on the BBC F1 Qualifying Coverage today.
Old 13 Mar 2010, 19:00 (Ref:2651184)   #931
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
^ Bernie won't be very satisfied if he finds out about that.
Old 13 Mar 2010, 19:51 (Ref:2651212)   #932
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
Do you think Bernie and Nigel are best buds anyway? I mean, Nigel jumps to CART immediately after having secured the 1992 F1 title.
Old 13 Mar 2010, 19:53 (Ref:2651214)   #933
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
He won't be satisfied because one of the F1 champions is plugging the LMS on the broadcast of his dearest toy, that's the issue.
Old 13 Mar 2010, 19:55 (Ref:2651219)   #934
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
i know that, but I was just pointing out that I'm not sure there is much loyalty or anything binding between the two, so Nigel didn't really feel inhibited about making that plug for the other series.
Old 13 Mar 2010, 23:22 (Ref:2651366)   #935
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Leaving Nigel and his relationship with Bernie aside I noticed the BBC Radio 5 commentary team gave a mild namecheck to Le Mans when apologising for Anthony Davidson's absence. It all lent a lot of credibility to Le Mans and sportscar racing in general.
Old 14 Mar 2010, 21:34 (Ref:2652154)   #936
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Speaking of such references and adverts, I see Peugeot are displaying the 908 a bit lately. An advertising hoarding here in Lincoln has a picture of the car and it appeared in a Peugeot ad screened in cinemas lately too. Was a subtle but welcome touch.
Old 14 Mar 2010, 23:16 (Ref:2652235)   #937
davehenrie
Racer

United States
Post Falls Idaho(up in the Skinny part)
davehenrie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddavehenrie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNewBob View Post
Speaking of such references and adverts, I see Peugeot are displaying the 908 a bit lately. An advertising hoarding here in Lincoln has a picture of the car and it appeared in a Peugeot ad screened in cinemas lately too. Was a subtle but welcome touch.
Porsche had an add here in America a few months back that featured almost all the racing heritage cars they have produced. Many of the cars were obviously CGI but they did have the Flying Lizard 911 and a Penske RS Spyder. Neither was featured very prominently. I think the add was for the Panamera, but I wasn't paying attention to the focus of the add, I was trying to identify as many cars as possible. (Which isn't easy when you basically only know the Gulf 917s and a very few others since then)

d(porsche challenged)h
Old 15 Mar 2010, 08:03 (Ref:2652414)   #938
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Martin Brundle also mentioned Le Mans several times during the TV commentary yesterday - when talking about the ability to drive around problems with the car
Old 15 Mar 2010, 10:50 (Ref:2652507)   #939
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
I noticed this, on more than one occasion. Is he angling for a drive???
Old 15 Mar 2010, 11:09 (Ref:2652518)   #940
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
I think he's only reminiscing from his days driving for Jaguar in the WSC.
Old 15 Mar 2010, 19:27 (Ref:2652898)   #941
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
From EI "In addition to the Richard Westbrook and Marco Holzer car, occasionally a second ProSpeed Competition Porsche 911 GT3 RSR will be entered in the LMS."
Old 16 Mar 2010, 16:52 (Ref:2653593)   #942
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim the Grey View Post
I noticed this, on more than one occasion. Is he angling for a drive???
He's onto a good thing with the F1 commentary, but I wouldn't be suprised to see him back at Le Mans with his own team.

In an ideal world it would be with Jaguar.
Old 16 Mar 2010, 17:45 (Ref:2653628)   #943
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
I don't see it meself. Tata don't want Le Mans Prototypes, too much dosh.
Mr.B. could maybe swing a deal with Toyota, though, being an ex works boy? Or was that Peugeot???
During the F1 LMP days when I lost the faith completely!
Old 16 Mar 2010, 17:52 (Ref:2653634)   #944
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
He's onto a good thing with the F1 commentary, but I wouldn't be suprised to see him back at Le Mans with his own team.

In an ideal world it would be with Jaguar.
You must be kidding mate !!!

Very few drivers delve into their own pocket . He hasnt driven a proto since Toyota .

Nice thought , but I cant see it ever happening .
Old 16 Mar 2010, 21:03 (Ref:2653738)   #945
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
dj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I some how dont think we will see Brundle back at Le Mans, especially in a LMP, think Brundle has decided not too bother any more. If he does decide to come back to Le Mans, then its a good thing.
Old 17 Mar 2010, 00:00 (Ref:2653855)   #946
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
You must be kidding mate !!!

Very few drivers delve into their own pocket . He hasnt driven a proto since Toyota .

Nice thought , but I cant see it ever happening .
Actually it was a Bentley!

The point is accurate though, I do not think that we will see Brundle back in the cockpit at Le Mans, no matter how fond is memories of it are. I would actually guess that, if anything, he would appear in a more managerial role.
Old 17 Mar 2010, 00:06 (Ref:2653859)   #947
davehenrie
Racer

United States
davehenrie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddavehenrie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmk View Post
Actually it was a Bentley!

The point is accurate though, I do not think that we will see Brundle back in the cockpit at Le Mans, no matter how fond is memories of it are. I would actually guess that, if anything, he would appear in a more managerial role.
Wasn't it really an Audi/Dome(Toyota) called a Bent?
Old 17 Mar 2010, 00:23 (Ref:2653866)   #948
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by davehenrie View Post
Careful!

Old 17 Mar 2010, 03:03 (Ref:2653914)   #949
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by davehenrie View Post
You could argue the Audi point as true, as we know what that engine actually was! As for the Toyota though, I don't really see the parallel between the Andre de Cortanze-penned TS020 and the Peter Elleray-penned Bentley, nor do I even see where Dome comes in at all; the Bentley tubs were built by RTN and the Toyota ones by Dallara! Ironically, of course, it was Dallara who also built the Audis...save for the R8C, which was built by RTN.
Old 17 Mar 2010, 03:52 (Ref:2653932)   #950
davehenrie
Racer

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmk View Post
You could argue the Audi point as true, as we know what that engine actually was! As for the Toyota though, I don't really see the parallel between the Andre de Cortanze-penned TS020 and the Peter Elleray-penned Bentley, nor do I even see where Dome comes in at all; the Bentley tubs were built by RTN and the Toyota ones by Dallara! Ironically, of course, it was Dallara who also built the Audis...save for the R8C, which was built by RTN.
ok, one out of three. lol! (who the heck is RTN?)
dh