Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 1 Jun 2013, 00:25 (Ref:3256224)   #926
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
Is the Art Oak car an older spec car? The newer cars have the bulbous headlights, whilst the pictures one doesn't. Maybe it's just a spare chassis for the photo shoot?
You're right... perhaps it's just a really good digital render?

Then again, they wouldn't use an old car for that...
Old 1 Jun 2013, 00:40 (Ref:3256229)   #927
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Mechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
The OAK art car has broken cover! Very striking and much more in the spirit of Le Mans art cars.

That's very unusual and really cool!!!
Old 1 Jun 2013, 08:19 (Ref:3256286)   #928
jsTrecu
Veteran

jsTrecu should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjsTrecu should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Not sure if it has been posted yet, no Green GT...

http://www.endurance-info.com/versio...nce-18537.html

Quote:
Yeah I saw that too. I just hope they haven't temped fate there and don't run out of juice at Porsche Curves!
The logo should glow more or less according to the actual fuel level of the car, that could be fun
Old 1 Jun 2013, 08:21 (Ref:3256287)   #929
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Turns out no news was bad news after all. GreenGT pull their G56 entry.

http://www.endurance-info.com/versio...nce-18537.html

Big question is what happens now? Signatech-Alpine and Prospeed will both be there at the test day with reserve entries. No precedent - they should flip a coin for it.
Old 1 Jun 2013, 08:26 (Ref:3256293)   #930
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
A shame but to be honest I think we all knew it would happen after all the silence over the last few weeks, now any news on something to fill the empty garage
Old 1 Jun 2013, 08:31 (Ref:3256296)   #931
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
This is not my surprised face... and Garage 56 is supposed to have its own separate reserve list, which was empty this year, so I suspect we'll be stuck with 55 cars.
Old 1 Jun 2013, 08:45 (Ref:3256306)   #932
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
This is not my surprised face... and Garage 56 is supposed to have its own separate reserve list, which was empty this year, so I suspect we'll be stuck with 55 cars.
I'd like to see the ACO explain that to the two teams who are there banging on their door at test day. Surely it's in their interests to run the full 56 rather than further expose how ropey the G56 initiative is.

As I said there's no precedent for a G56 pulling out. If the P2 reserve list ran dry that doesn't mean they'd just leave the garages empty does it?
Old 1 Jun 2013, 08:51 (Ref:3256309)   #933
jsTrecu
Veteran

jsTrecu should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjsTrecu should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If one of the regular reserves is going to pick that place, IMO it should be Prospeed. We have too many P2 already for my personal taste, and most of them are powered by Nissan too.
Old 1 Jun 2013, 08:52 (Ref:3256310)   #934
Accident
Veteran

Accident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAccident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAccident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincegail View Post
Is 'Art' an excuse for using an ugly livery nowadays? Can't Art be pretty? Or am I just a big ignoramus?
I thought the same thing with the atrocious BMW livery a few years ago, and there were a few others I remember not liking much but that Koons car kinda eclipsed them so I can't think of them off-hand.

This OAK car is alright though, as it at least follows a theme with the road signs and such that makes it somewhat cohesive.

"Art" cars have always been a source of confusion for me. Some of them I sort of get but others baffle me. Using the Koons BMW as an example, I have a feeling that if I had produced the same livery on an M3 in Forza and shown it off, people would say it looks like something a child made or that it was garish and distasteful. BMW gets a somewhat famous artist to plaster it on their car and it's brilliant.
Old 1 Jun 2013, 09:03 (Ref:3256313)   #935
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Just announced by the ACO, Prospeed Competition will be allowed into the race to complete the 56-car entry. http://www.endurance-info.com/versio...nce-18540.html
Old 1 Jun 2013, 09:06 (Ref:3256314)   #936
jsTrecu
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
Just announced by the ACO, Prospeed Competition will be allowed into the race to complete the 56-car entry. http://www.endurance-info.com/versio...nce-18540.html
I just read it, good news
Old 1 Jun 2013, 09:17 (Ref:3256317)   #937
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Yep good to see sense has prevailed there. Prospeed was the correct decision with the entry there, filled with three drivers and competing in the ELMS during the season.

In terms of pace (Collard aside) it certainly isn't the quickest but I agree with jsTrecu in that it's good to get another GT in the mix.

Of course as it stands that also means there is just that one elusive gap on the driver list...
Old 1 Jun 2013, 09:36 (Ref:3256322)   #938
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Yes good news indeed
Old 1 Jun 2013, 09:44 (Ref:3256333)   #939
SpikerJack
Racer

Italy
SpikerJack should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe af corse won't give the announcement this weekend in respect of the tragedy that happened yesterday at Nurburgring.
http://www.italiaracing.net/notizia.asp?id=40071&cat=48
Old 1 Jun 2013, 10:21 (Ref:3256344)   #940
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpikerJack View Post
Maybe af corse won't give the announcement this weekend in respect of the tragedy that happened yesterday at Nurburgring.
http://www.italiaracing.net/notizia.asp?id=40071&cat=48
Sad news indeed.
Old 1 Jun 2013, 11:07 (Ref:3256357)   #941
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
10 former winners // 43 rookies by my count.
Old 1 Jun 2013, 11:34 (Ref:3256364)   #942
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
[QUOTE=Simmi;3256107]The OAK art car has broken cover! Very striking and much more in the spirit of Le Mans art cars.]

Good luck with that, Andy Blackmore!
Old 1 Jun 2013, 11:35 (Ref:3256366)   #943
Mike E
Veteran

Quote:
10 former winners // 43 rookies by my count.
43 sounds like a lot. Is it?
Old 1 Jun 2013, 11:43 (Ref:3256368)   #944
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Yes, Green GT pulling comes as no surprise whatsoever- Compared to DeltaWing last year, there's been little or no news of the car running any realistic testing, and to be honest, I suspect all we've missed out on is the spectacle of the team struggling to get it running more than a handful of laps at a time during the test weekend, before putting it back in the truck never to be seen again in a performance reminiscent of the MIG M100, Paul Canary's Eagle, (or the Norma-MGN that never even turned a wheel all week) in the early 90's...

Quote:
I'd like to see the ACO explain that to the two teams who are there banging on their door at test day. Surely it's in their interests to run the full 56 rather than further expose how ropey the G56 initiative is.

As I said there's no precedent for a G56 pulling out. If the P2 reserve list ran dry that doesn't mean they'd just leave the garages empty does it?
Given that the whole point of the G56 idea is to provide a showcase for new technology currently not covered by the rules, and therefore always at a risk of not being ready to race, maybe they need to tighten up the entry criteria to avoid a repeat of what's happened this year?

Maybe they should insist that any prospective G56 entries be up and running by the start of the season, and make the entry offer conditional on participating in the first ELMS race of the season. If you're not ready in time for that, tough, come back next year and the 56th garage can go to the first 'conventional' car on the reserve list.

Last edited by KA; 1 Jun 2013 at 11:49.
Old 1 Jun 2013, 13:38 (Ref:3256395)   #945
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Malucelli!

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/107812
Old 1 Jun 2013, 13:38 (Ref:3256396)   #946
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by KA View Post

Given that the whole point of the G56 idea is to provide a showcase for new technology currently not covered by the rules, and therefore always at a risk of not being ready to race, maybe they need to tighten up the entry criteria to avoid a repeat of what's happened this year?

Maybe they should insist that any prospective G56 entries be up and running by the start of the season, and make the entry offer conditional on participating in the first ELMS race of the season. If you're not ready in time for that, tough, come back next year and the 56th garage can go to the first 'conventional' car on the reserve list.
Sounds sensible to me...... It was obvious that the GreenGt wasn't going to make it weeks ago....
Old 1 Jun 2013, 13:44 (Ref:3256399)   #947
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The problem is with Garage 56 is that most teams only get a year to develop what will often be very complex and untested technology. Perhaps it might have been better to announce G56 2 or 3 years in advance. Maybe Green GT would have been able to get the car on the grid by next year.
Old 1 Jun 2013, 13:58 (Ref:3256405)   #948
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Quote:
Well that took them a bloody long time.
Old 1 Jun 2013, 14:05 (Ref:3256410)   #949
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
And not exactly the big name we were all hoping for, another big build up that then turns into a bit of a disapointment
Old 1 Jun 2013, 14:10 (Ref:3256412)   #950
SpikerJack
Racer

Italy
SpikerJack should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe they tried to engage a big name but they failed and Malucelli is some kind of a "reserve"..