Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 2 Jun 2008, 10:41 (Ref:2217688)   #951
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Sorry, well, Spain is close to France........
Old 2 Jun 2008, 16:19 (Ref:2217919)   #952
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj choc ice
im not sure on neiman's form to be honest but i know hes not on the pace of bergmeister but if he is consistent and doesnt stick the lizard porker in the wall then its going to be an epic battle
Agreed, he is not on the pace of the hot shoes, but is a good driver. If he is used at proper times during the race, I'm sure he will be safe and consistent. Also look how good Krohn did last year and Tracy Krohn is just awful.
Old 3 Jun 2008, 06:58 (Ref:2218349)   #953
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi
Sorry, well, Spain is close to France........
True ..... But America & Canada are close together too , but they use the same telephone prefix , 001 .... so they "must" be the same !!! lol
Old 3 Jun 2008, 11:04 (Ref:2218560)   #954
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
[QUOTE=Aysedasi]I still want to know who is going to drop out to make way.

the aco website says that the risi ferrari of Tracy Krohn might not be ready for the race after being extensively damaged by Krohn's crash last sunday...
Old 3 Jun 2008, 11:12 (Ref:2218566)   #955
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Cant they get a lone unit ..... Its not like there isnt many of the damn things about !!!
Old 3 Jun 2008, 11:16 (Ref:2218572)   #956
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Even if the Ferrari isn't ready, the rules don't allow for it to be replaced by another team..... so they still have to find a way around the rules.....
Old 3 Jun 2008, 11:21 (Ref:2218577)   #957
The Badger
Veteran

But they can change chassis numbers between test weekend and qualifying I was led to believe .

New livery for Speedy Lola ..... nice improvement I think !!!
http://www.endurance-info.com/articl...d=5732&thold=0
Old 3 Jun 2008, 17:23 (Ref:2218925)   #958
WMUCarGuy
Veteran

United States
WMUCarGuy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I really don't see the ACO allowing a 2nd Epsilon at any point right now. The time period for allowing reserves is over, and that's all there should be to it. End of story.

That being said, they're French, so who knows what the hell is going through their heads...
Old 3 Jun 2008, 17:25 (Ref:2218927)   #959
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Vancouver (I escaped from UK)
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
The Ten-Tenths, RLM (and others!) Le Mans Spotters Guide will be avaialble towards the end of Monday June 9th. It will be on two sheets, due to the number of cars and has been designed for A3 printing (nothing stopping you printing smaller or larger) and available as a JPG or PDF.

Seperate thread once its released.

Damm- finished the speedy car earlier, oh well, only a small update

Last edited by andy_b; 3 Jun 2008 at 17:31.
Old 3 Jun 2008, 17:46 (Ref:2218937)   #960
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think that the Ferrari chassis can be changed if and when they apply for special dispensation from the ACO to do so - that is certainly what Peugeot believes they must do in order to replace the #7 car's tub after Gene's scary accident on Sunday afternoon.

If for some reason the Risi/Krohn team is not allowed to do so, that would be a shame. Even though Tracy Krohn is a pylon, the other 2 drivers are not and the car can perform if he stays away from it as much as possible. Furthermore, I try to avoid the usual French-bashing that goes on during the LM period but if Peugeot is given special treatment, just as IMSA was a few years back when Dumas or Riccitelli (I forget which) binned the car during race week, and Risi is denied, then there is no other explanation save favouritism available.
Old 3 Jun 2008, 18:58 (Ref:2218993)   #961
dxk1
Veteran

United States
Annapolis
dxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
[quote=nobster]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi
I still want to know who is going to drop out to make way.

the aco website says that the risi ferrari of Tracy Krohn might not be ready for the race after being extensively damaged by Krohn's crash last sunday...
According to the ALMS site, both Risi and Krohn are confident that the car will be ready for scrutinering next Tuesday. The direct quote from Mr. Risi is: "the team will pull together to have the car repaired and ready for presentation at scrutineering on Tuesday, June 10." For details see:

http://www.americanlemans.com/news/Article.aspx?ID=4321

DK
Old 3 Jun 2008, 19:52 (Ref:2219039)   #962
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Just read an exciting piece of news on Endurance-Info.com, Gunnar Jeannette returns to Le Mans this year to complete the Bruichladdich Radical driver line-up alongside Marc Rostan and Ben Devlin!
Old 3 Jun 2008, 20:01 (Ref:2219052)   #963
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Now that is a good signing, I have been a fan of Gunnar Jeannette since his battle with Courage at the end of the 2003 race.
Old 3 Jun 2008, 20:05 (Ref:2219062)   #964
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdjones
Now that is a good signing, I have been a fan of Gunnar Jeannette since his battle with Courage at the end of the 2003 race.
Likewise, that was a genuinely gripping encounter!
Old 3 Jun 2008, 22:22 (Ref:2219182)   #965
WMUCarGuy
Veteran

United States
Is there video of this Gunnar/Courage battle somewhere?
Old 3 Jun 2008, 23:31 (Ref:2219209)   #966
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dxk1

According to the ALMS site, both Risi and Krohn are confident that the car will be ready for scrutinering next Tuesday. The direct quote from Mr. Risi is: "the team will pull together to have the car repaired and ready for presentation at scrutineering on Tuesday, June 10." For details see:

DK
Also from elsewhere is (secondhand but should know); that both Peugeot and Risi have applied and been granted special dispensation and will be allowed to replace their chassis.

L.P.

Last edited by HORNDAWG; 3 Jun 2008 at 23:34.
Old 4 Jun 2008, 00:59 (Ref:2219249)   #967
CarolK
Racer

United States
Texas
CarolK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[quote=dxk1]
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobster

DK
I saw a photo of the car being loaded into a transporter. One would think it would go to the factory or to Michelotto for repair - from the photo the back end was kinda smushed in. They could always test their repairs at Fiorano. It seems due to the cubic dollar cost of participating in the event, it would pay to fix it and get back in the game. I wish Guiseppe good luck with the repairs and look for him back in contention with this car.

Carol
Old 4 Jun 2008, 02:36 (Ref:2219278)   #968
WMUCarGuy
Veteran

United States
So will we now be seeing Risi's car designated 2438c, as that car had already been wrecked once before and given the 2438b designation.
Old 4 Jun 2008, 02:49 (Ref:2219282)   #969
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'm sure Tracy will pay for it to be fixed, not Giuseppe.
Old 4 Jun 2008, 06:10 (Ref:2219332)   #970
The Badger
Veteran

After reading quite a lot of opinions on Verstappen ..... although I wasnt exactly delighted on seeing him race in sportscars , he has done nothing but great stuff since he showed up . A few minor screw up regarding stop & go's , but they all have them .

He is bloody good really , and ya cant take that away from him , regardless of personal opinions ..... and Van Merksteijn is really surprising me for a Gentleman !!!

With the addition of Bleekamolen , that car should be brilliant .
Old 4 Jun 2008, 06:11 (Ref:2219333)   #971
The Badger
Veteran

I cant help feeling that Jeanette is wasting his time in the Radical ..... its never done much at all , let alone at Le Mans !!!
Old 4 Jun 2008, 07:30 (Ref:2219368)   #972
gucom
Racer

gucom should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah I've also been surprised by how little Verstappen has done wrong and how much he has done right... and indeed Van Merksteijn is doing a great job as well, and Bleekemolen can also be expected to do well... I think if the Porsche holds up for the entire 24 hours, they're the clear favourites in LMP2 (although some1 at Essex joked the VM team are too fast for a 24 hour race )
Old 4 Jun 2008, 07:56 (Ref:2219396)   #973
Ultimo
Veteran

Ultimo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridUltimo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Who do you guys figure is the best driver in the two RS Spyders?

My guess would be Massen, or one of the two VM LMS drivers.
Old 4 Jun 2008, 08:36 (Ref:2219436)   #974
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Maasen knows the Spyder Like few others do.
He may not be as fast as Verstappen, but he is no slouch either.
Old 4 Jun 2008, 08:49 (Ref:2219450)   #975
Sarthe82
Racer

United Kingdom
Surrey
Sarthe82 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimo
Who do you guys figure is the best driver in the two RS Spyders?

My guess would be Massen, or one of the two VM LMS drivers.
I would pick Massen, as I've done in Ayse's prediction thread in placing the #31 third. I just feel that he's got a load of (winning) experience with that car and he's backed up by two safe and reliable co-drivers who can certainly get the job done as well.
Saying that the drivers in the other Spyder are hardly shabby, Verstappen especially has always been underrated IMO, with all the other quality entries this is going to be the best battle yet in LMP2 without a doubt, are we there yet?