Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 26 Apr 2008, 13:32 (Ref:2187427)   #76
RaiseYourFist
Veteran

United States
USA
RaiseYourFist has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Ack the McLarens behind Kubica yet again.....an amazing lap from Alonso though, even if hes a bit lighter.
Old 26 Apr 2008, 14:09 (Ref:2187446)   #77
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
The best pre race battle so far this year..Welcome back to Europe F1!
Old 26 Apr 2008, 14:32 (Ref:2187456)   #78
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
There are some exciting prospects, aren't there? It's very competitive between a lot of teams.
Old 26 Apr 2008, 14:57 (Ref:2187476)   #79
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The mix of manufacturers could well screw things up in a way.

The ideal situation would be for Alonso to make a blazing start and get ahead of Kimi. To keep things bottled up.

If Kimi gets away out front and Alonso retains second place, it will be Kimi followed by the Alonso train!
Old 26 Apr 2008, 15:04 (Ref:2187485)   #80
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I hope Kimi gets ahead with Alonso behind.... With one car running away, hopefully it'd spur Massa and Lewis to find away around Alonso to get on terms with Kimi... that should give us some fireworks
Old 26 Apr 2008, 15:16 (Ref:2187495)   #81
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
I would like to see Alonso get a jump at the start, with Kimi and Felipe all over his gearbox..The McLaren's and the BMW's completing the fight...
Old 26 Apr 2008, 15:44 (Ref:2187507)   #82
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy
If Kimi gets away out front and Alonso retains second place, it will be Kimi followed by the Alonso train!
Well, only for the first two laps, before Alonso pulls in.

Old 26 Apr 2008, 15:54 (Ref:2187511)   #83
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Alonso going light... just to show up for his fans.
Old 26 Apr 2008, 15:57 (Ref:2187513)   #84
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I thought that too.
Old 26 Apr 2008, 16:07 (Ref:2187519)   #85
J-C
Racer

England
Northants, UK
J-C should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't think Renault are "that" light - they've been pretty quick all weekend, and there's only so much you can do with fuel loads. Obviously the ideal result tomorrow is for Alonso to jump Kimi off the line which should at least make the early stages entertaining...this race does still have Ferrari 1-2 written all over it but maybe the slightly jumbled grid will give us some excitement.
Old 26 Apr 2008, 16:23 (Ref:2187533)   #86
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
I don't think Renault are light, but I think Alonso is. Pat Symonds pretty much gave the game away when he said after qualifying that the two drivers are on "different" strategies. I'd be very surprised if Alonso actually comes into play for the win. Renault have definitely found some pace, though - I certainly wasn't expecting to see Piquet in the top 10.

Good qualifying by Webber, not so great for the McLarens though. I think they've got their work cut out for them trying to get on the podium. Looking at the grid, it might just turn out to be a more interesting race than I was expecting.
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'
Old 26 Apr 2008, 16:32 (Ref:2187537)   #87
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
Did anyone else notice how intimate this track feels? I am not sure if it the work of the director or what to be honest..The crowd looks closer to the action at Barcerlona, even the shots inside the garages were great...
Old 26 Apr 2008, 18:04 (Ref:2187570)   #88
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Should be a great race as long as the first few corners don't screw things up!

Feel sorry for Coulthard,trying to be clever on the wrong tyres!

Excellent qually for Alonso,but there's no doubt that he's well lighter than Piquet,which is probably closer to where Renault really are despite Alonso's 'six-tenths'.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/66904
Old 26 Apr 2008, 21:01 (Ref:2187671)   #89
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameTeretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameTeretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameTeretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameTeretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameTeretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameTeretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameTeretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
There is very littel in it at all on the times amongst the top six or seven.
Fuel loads will play a huge part and the other factor is simply aerodynamic interference. The preceding car will always have a bigger advantage in racing as opposed to qualifying because of the turbulance.

There is .091 sec between Kimi amd Alonso. At 180mph that is 24.024 feet.... or 7.32 metres, and thatvis not from the rear of one car to the nose of the next one but from transponder to transponder. (presumably they are all located in a similar place)
Webber in 7th would be (if they cross the timing strip at 160mph) about 144feet, (or 44 metres) behind Kimi on the qualifying lap.
Old 26 Apr 2008, 22:41 (Ref:2187718)   #90
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
If Alonso can drive as fast as the Spanish commentators can speak, then he will win by a mile
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 27 Apr 2008, 07:55 (Ref:2187845)   #91
Icebaby
Veteran

Icebaby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good to see Alonso up there even if he's light, about time some teams took more of a risk on this basis. Alonso has nothing to lose as he's not in the championship so will be the danger man.

A tip for Hamilton though, if your going to have contact with Alonso..here is not the place my friend.
Old 27 Apr 2008, 07:55 (Ref:2187846)   #92
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Autosport website has rain showers forecast for today!
Old 27 Apr 2008, 09:01 (Ref:2187878)   #93
BRK
Rookie

Poland
Kraków-Cracow
BRK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by martyn bott
Autosport website has rain showers forecast for today!
Yeah, If this weather will be checked Alonso has big chances for high place

Kubica wos very strong yesterday in Q2 and Q3. I think he is heaviest in front.
RK should fight for first victory
Old 27 Apr 2008, 09:21 (Ref:2187889)   #94
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRK
Yeah, If this weather will be checked Alonso has big chances for high place
Yes, if the rain shower coincides with his pit stop then he would have a great chance. Rain for six minutes into the race then...
Old 27 Apr 2008, 09:36 (Ref:2187899)   #95
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!
I doubt it will rain.

The GP2 race this morning was sun, sun and more sun.
Old 27 Apr 2008, 10:21 (Ref:2187942)   #96
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Autosport website now has no showers forecast for today!
Old 27 Apr 2008, 11:36 (Ref:2188019)   #97
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Keep looking Martyn
Old 27 Apr 2008, 12:06 (Ref:2188036)   #98
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!
I bet ITV dont make it back in time for the restart.
Old 27 Apr 2008, 12:07 (Ref:2188039)   #99
maximus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Yorkshire
maximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmaximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Poor Vettel, once again it isn't his fault!
Old 27 Apr 2008, 12:36 (Ref:2188053)   #100
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Big ouch for Heikki.