Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 30 Apr 2002, 20:35 (Ref:274812)   #76
powermite
Rookie

powermite should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
mgilvy,
Yes this book has been available here in the UK for some months now.
Thanks anyway
PM
Old 30 Apr 2002, 22:08 (Ref:274907)   #77
FG1
Veteran

FG1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by mgilvey
I don't know if you guys have seen it but there's another book out there just call Le Mans 24 Hours. It's a historical ref. It's brand new.

http://shop.store.yahoo.com/motolit/leman24houri.html
The Brian Laban book. It's been out a while in Europe.

It's good, lots of pics!

FG
Old 1 May 2002, 12:23 (Ref:275512)   #78
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by powermite
I ve been waiting for months for my copy from Mill House books.Each time I ring,they tell me its on its way from the states.All I hope is that the poor pidgeon doesnt die before it gets here.
PM
Should have gone to Smiths, PM - I had mine within a week of walking in there.

On the red flag at Le Mans front, Fab is right, I'm sure (we've had this question somewhere before), we don't believe that Le Mans had ever been stopped due to accident/weather etc. (War - yes, but nothing else!).

Swapping cars TVRfan? Not sure. It has happened in the relatively recent past. When Martin Brundle won in Jag 3 in 1990, he swapped from another car, but only two drivers had driven the car he swapped into. TWR operated a policy of keeping a seat "warm" in a couple of their cars (i.e. not using the scheduled 3rd drivers (Salazar and Perez Sala, if I recall correctly), enabling Brundle to switch after his car expired.

Of course, back in the 70's, Le Mans was a two-driver race anyway. The swap from one car to another is probably still legal, provided that one of the scheduled drivers hasn't driven. Just a guess, I don't actually know for sure without consulting the detailed regs.

If no-one else knows, I'll see if I can find out.
Old 1 May 2002, 13:09 (Ref:275576)   #79
Big Stu
Rookie

Big Stu should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm fairly certain it was made illegal a few years back, when Mercedes arrived. After Shneider won the FIA GT's by moving from the slower car to the quicker car every race..... And I'm sure I heard on RLM that Brundle couldn't switch cars after he lost his GT-One.
On the red flag front it did happen in Pre-qualifying a little while back, when the driver, who's name has sadly escaped me, lost his WR and was killed. But I haven't got a clue for during the race itself..... I'd be suprised.

Last edited by Big Stu; 1 May 2002 at 13:10.
Old 1 May 2002, 18:33 (Ref:275788)   #80
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by Big Stu
I
On the red flag front it did happen in Pre-qualifying a little while back, when the driver, who's name has sadly escaped me, lost his WR and was killed.
Sebastien Enjolras
Old 2 May 2002, 06:17 (Ref:276134)   #81
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
True.

For the red flag, I though about the race. For PQ and qualfying, they used it last year if I can remember (debrits on the track), because there's no interrest to have a safety car...
Old 2 May 2002, 08:41 (Ref:276211)   #82
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
When Van de Poele's throttle stuck open in the Nissan LMP at Tertre Rouge in qualifying in 2000, they stopped the session.
Old 2 May 2002, 12:50 (Ref:276387)   #83
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally posted by Guy Humpage
When Van de Poele's throttle stuck open in the Nissan LMP at Tertre Rouge in qualifying in 2000, they stopped the session.
Yes, forgot that one. I guess that practice sessions have probably been stopped a few times over the years, but serious accidents and even those involving fatalities in the race proper as in, e.g. 1955 and 1986 have never, to my knowledge, caused the race to be stopped, as opposed to being run under the safety cars.
Old 9 Nov 2002, 14:59 (Ref:425136)   #84
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Just been looking through ebay and the movie is advertised for sale - take a look at http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...tem=1578377657
Old 9 Nov 2002, 15:27 (Ref:425141)   #85
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
They cut the version that was on channel five bady (missing ou the bit where the acrs race with music playing) and the sound was rogered.
Old 9 Nov 2002, 16:29 (Ref:425155)   #86
mgilvey
Rookie

mgilvey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does anyone know if they've released it on DVD yet?
Old 9 Nov 2002, 19:06 (Ref:425231)   #87
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by mgilvey
Does anyone know if they've released it on DVD yet?
No, not yet but when it does I will be at the front of the que..........
Old 9 Nov 2002, 22:45 (Ref:425302)   #88
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally posted by rdjones
No, not yet but when it does I will be at the front of the que..........

Get back Rob, I've been queuing for years.......
Old 9 Nov 2002, 23:05 (Ref:425315)   #89
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi
Get back Rob, I've been queuing for years.......
Oh Pretty please I want this film.................

Now...........

I wish they would hurry up an relase it...........
Old 10 Nov 2002, 14:56 (Ref:425742)   #90
SL
Veteran

SL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I brought a copy at Goodwood Revival for £17.50, it is the full version but on US format. However it does play on modern (less than 3 year old) UK machines. However quality is not good as a tape on the UK format.

See the EBay bid is currently at £51.00....any offers for my copy ???

Simon
Old 11 Nov 2002, 09:15 (Ref:426225)   #91
dr.minardo
Rookie

dr.minardo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
if anyone's prepared to risk buying from America, there are ususally loads of copies available on Ebay, ususally less than $10 a time....

even with shipping it's less than you might get charged locally, just searc available to the UK, rather than just in .....
Old 11 Nov 2002, 13:41 (Ref:426386)   #92
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Regarding DVD, if you go to amazon.com, and search for it, they say it's not yet available, but they'll notify you when it does become available. They also say that by registering for email notification, you'll be counted in the number of us who want it, and Amazon will forward that to the publisher to tell them what demand there is for the DVD.

So go do it!
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 11 Nov 2002, 14:08 (Ref:426401)   #93
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria
cybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi
Sebastien Enjolras
Poor kid.
http://www.enjolras.free.fr
Old 11 Nov 2002, 18:20 (Ref:426534)   #94
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally posted by cybersdorf
Poor kid.
http://www.enjolras.free.fr

Indeed so, Cy. We mustn't forget the lad.
Old 11 Nov 2002, 18:27 (Ref:426537)   #95
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria
cybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As long as Gerard Welter has cars with that one piece bodywork running, it's awfully hard to forget. I don't think they are safe.
Old 11 Nov 2002, 22:58 (Ref:426697)   #96
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally posted by cybersdorf
As long as Gerard Welter has cars with that one piece bodywork running, it's awfully hard to forget. I don't think they are safe.
Absolutely. Don't forget Patrick Gonin who damaged his ribs when he ended up upside down in a WR in the early (very wet) stages of the '95 Le Mans. If I remember rightly, his injuries were the result of being crushed against that bodywork.
Old 12 Nov 2002, 12:39 (Ref:426995)   #97
275 GTB-4
Veteran

Australia
South of Sydney NSW, Australie
275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Criticised for being overly long...

Quote:
Originally posted by ss_collins
They cut the version that was on channel five bady (missing ou the bit where the acrs race with music playing) and the sound was rogered.
I would love to edit all the lovey dovey **** out of the film and see what you had left over!! I think you would have one hell of an action movie there son!!

I love the film - but cringe at the staring duels between the main players!
Old 12 Nov 2002, 14:09 (Ref:427058)   #98
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by ss_collins
They cut the version that was on channel five bady (missing ou the bit where the cars race with music playing) and the sound was rogered.
Why show a racing movie and cut the part where the cars race? :confused: Isn't that like televising a hockey game only during the intermissions?
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 12 Nov 2002, 21:45 (Ref:427329)   #99
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
Its up to £60 and the aution closes in 17 hours time..........
Old 12 Nov 2002, 21:59 (Ref:427339)   #100
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
If it's standard VHS, don't do it.

Go to amazon.com (not amazon.co.uk). Get it for $10 US new.

<http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...video&n=507846>

Heck, at the Canadian HMV, it's $12 Canadian (less than $8 US)!

-Bill James