Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 8 Mar 2010, 15:18 (Ref:2647493)   #76
JayBMS
Racer

Italy
JayBMS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Darren Turner joins JMW
Old 8 Mar 2010, 15:23 (Ref:2647497)   #77
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Does that mean the P1 Aston is a driver short ?
Old 8 Mar 2010, 15:24 (Ref:2647498)   #78
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
Primat, Mucke, Fernandez is plenty.
Old 8 Mar 2010, 16:00 (Ref:2647514)   #79
old man
Veteran

England
UK
old man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The PR in that link talks about the 5 LMS races, the 24 hours is not mentioned
Old 8 Mar 2010, 16:05 (Ref:2647517)   #80
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by arakis View Post
is this from planetlemans? because there is something strange about their report it mentions af corse and hancook on top of gt2, but when i looked at the times the prospeed was the fastest?

I've been relaxing for almost 5 months now, it's time for racing, and i am anxius..
I got it from DSC
Old 8 Mar 2010, 16:29 (Ref:2647532)   #81
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
Are we sure about which spec all the GT1s are running at for this test? I suspect the Ford GTs could have taken off some ballast and gotten larger restrictors for this test, especially if they're testing for some LMS outings or LM itself.

I would assume the Saleens are running to ACO spec, and not FIA trim.
Old 8 Mar 2010, 17:14 (Ref:2647561)   #82
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purist View Post
Are we sure about which spec all the GT1s are running at for this test? I suspect the Ford GTs could have taken off some ballast and gotten larger restrictors for this test, especially if they're testing for some LMS outings or LM itself.

I would assume the Saleens are running to ACO spec, and not FIA trim.
FIA trim IS ACO trim as far as I am aware for this year.
Old 8 Mar 2010, 17:33 (Ref:2647568)   #83
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yes, by all accounts, they are the same base spec this year.

L.P.
Old 8 Mar 2010, 18:26 (Ref:2647605)   #84
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
arakis has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
For all interested, all the Times are up on lemans-series.com
including all the laptimes not only the fastest laps
To launch a new FIA GT2 category based on strict technical rules, with limited wavers and ‘balance of performance' limited to success ballast. A category where GT manufacturers will prove through competition they can produce the best road going GT car.
Old 8 Mar 2010, 18:36 (Ref:2647615)   #85
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightStalk3r View Post
Primat, Mucke, Fernandez is plenty.
AMR have 2 entries for Le Mans , so they need another 3 drivers .

Davidson is gone to Pug , Turner to JMW , Enge and Kox to Fischer .

Whos left ?

How about Wendlinger and Herbert ?

Last edited by The Badger; 8 Mar 2010 at 18:48.
Old 8 Mar 2010, 18:40 (Ref:2647618)   #86
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
For all interested, all the Times are up on lemans-series.com
including all the laptimes not only the fastest laps
Link to the pdf files is here.
Old 8 Mar 2010, 18:42 (Ref:2647621)   #87
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
No.

L.P.
Old 8 Mar 2010, 19:01 (Ref:2647631)   #88
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Top two in each category appear to be as follows, for the whole tests.

LMP1

6 - Oreca - Oreca AIM - 1:42.963
4 - Oreca - Peugeot 908 - 1:43.756

LMP2

Strakka - HPD ARX-01 - 1:46.174
Quifel ASM - Ginetta Zytek - 1:46.584

GT1

Young Driver AMR - Aston DBR9 - 1:57.390
Marc VDS - Ford GT - 1:57.711

GT2

Prospeed - Porsche 911 - 1:59.213
CRS - Ferrari 430 - 1:59.272

------------------

Also an interesting little side note, pertaining to the discussions about how the Acura/HPD engine isn't as strong as many others, and might suffer at LM. I know that I've stated elsewhere that there are people who believed it to be the best LMP2 engine... but... here are the three highest top speeds in LMP2.

RML - 281.984 km/h
Quifel ASM - 279.793 km/h
and drumroll please
Strakka - 288.770 km/h

So, the HPD ARX-01 easily has the legs on the competition for top speed.

Last edited by Fogelhund; 8 Mar 2010 at 19:13.
Old 8 Mar 2010, 19:08 (Ref:2647639)   #89
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund View Post
Top two in each category appear to be as follows, for the whole tests.

LMP1

6 - Oreca - Oreca AIM - 1:42.963
4 - Oreca - Peugeot 908 - 1:43.756

LMP2

Strakka - HPD ARX-01 - 1:46.174
Quifel ASM - Ginetta Zytek - 1:46.584

GT1

Young Driver AMR - Aston DBR9 - 1:57.390
Marc VDS - Ford GT - 1:57.711

GT2

Prospeed - Porsche 911 - 1:59.213
CRS - Ferrari 430 - 1:59.272
there was a typo on prospeeds time its not .113 but .213
To launch a new FIA GT2 category based on strict technical rules, with limited wavers and ‘balance of performance' limited to success ballast. A category where GT manufacturers will prove through competition they can produce the best road going GT car.
Old 8 Mar 2010, 19:13 (Ref:2647640)   #90
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Thanks.. fixed
Old 8 Mar 2010, 20:00 (Ref:2647677)   #91
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Also an interesting little side note, pertaining to the discussions about how the Acura/HPD engine isn't as strong as many others, and might suffer at LM. I know that I've stated elsewhere that there are people who believed it to be the best LMP2 engine... but... here are the three highest top speeds in LMP2.

RML - 281.984 km/h
and drumroll please
Strakka - 288.770 km/h

I may be wrong, but I thought the doubts surrounded the P1 engine rather than the P2? Regardless, those are mighty impressive figures and I'm sure those with an interest at Highcroft Racing will be delighted. Shame we didn't have a Spyder present to compare them to.
Old 8 Mar 2010, 20:02 (Ref:2647679)   #92
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
AndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Was I dreaming or did Radio Le Mans have a review of the Paul Ricard test tonight at 8 GMT? There's some race on from ALMS and the website no longer publicizes it.
Old 8 Mar 2010, 20:04 (Ref:2647681)   #93
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewF31 View Post
Was I dreaming or did Radio Le Mans have a review of the Paul Ricard test tonight at 8 GMT? There's some race on from ALMS and the website no longer publicizes it.
Maybe on Midweek Motorsport (Wednesday)?
Old 8 Mar 2010, 20:28 (Ref:2647695)   #94
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
.....here are the three highest top speeds in LMP2.

RML - 281.984 km/h
and drumroll please
Strakka - 288.770 km/h

You missed RML's 291.105 km/h on the Sunday morning........same engine though.
Old 8 Mar 2010, 20:32 (Ref:2647697)   #95
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
AndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
Maybe on Midweek Motorsport (Wednesday)?
It was in the schedule part last night but that section is now different (tomorrow F1, Wed. Midweek and Thurs. IRL). Guess it was a glitch.
Nothing on the Facebook page.

The first photos of the Oreca Peugeot looked weird with the black part but the car from other angles looks interesting. The color looks metallic.

The Peugeot has not been as quick as the AIM but I guess this me be the drivers aclimatizing themselves to the beast?

GT2 in LMS won't be much behind GT2 in ALMS.
Schnitzer didn't start out that well. I sure hope they get their acts into it or else ACO and BMW will be a bit embarrassed that the 'new' team poked out Rahal and then couldn't handle it. Early jitters though. I think they'll eventually get there. Do we know if the Schnitzer BMW and Rahal's BMW are based on the same cars? I'd guess both are tweaked differently by each team, also taking into account the type of circuits in each championship.
Old 8 Mar 2010, 20:35 (Ref:2647700)   #96
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewF31 View Post
The Peugeot has not been as quick as the AIM but I guess this me be the drivers aclimatizing themselves to the beast?
Or sandbagging........

Old 8 Mar 2010, 20:41 (Ref:2647712)   #97
Félix
Veteran

MagnetON
Québec
Félix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFélix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So what do we make of the pace of the P1 cars? The Oreca was very fast; in a perfect world the tests' results would be enough to interest drivers in the parked second car. The Peugeot lapped quite a bit (less than the Oreca?) but never pushed for ultimate pace it seems. Its laptimes look consistently closer to ultimate pace. The top speed figure and the fact that the other tracks on which they will race will have slower corners out of which the diesel's torque will make a bigger difference probably means that it should still walk over the "normal" P1s. Still, the gap is smaller than some were expecting. The Signature Aston was fast and that bodes well for them, although they probably couldn't figure out what their Dunlops were worth with the extremely low temps. AMR never went for ultimate lap times or never had them in store it seems; I wonder what their program was and whether last years' dominant team will only have midfield pace this year. Good to see Speedy up there too; I'm just curious as to how different their Rebellion Judd V10 is. It will be interesting to see who can squeeze more pace out and who will have good enough reliability to score after a thousand kilometers. It looks close, so long as nobody runs away from the pack and takes away the spotlight.
Old 8 Mar 2010, 20:49 (Ref:2647722)   #98
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
I take it from those top speeds in LMP2 that they were NOT using the chicane on the Mistral?

BTW, what were the top speeds for the other classes?

And don't forget, the first LMS race is 8 hours at Paul Ricard in roughly a month.
Old 8 Mar 2010, 21:10 (Ref:2647737)   #99
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
about the BMW's,

what restrictors are bmw runing this year in ALMS, and LMS,

last year they were performance ballanced to almost not having any, but that was IMSA, are those performance balances transfered to the new season or are they revoked?

Oh and I can't say I am suprised at BMW's engine problems, even last time when they ran ALMS (2001 I think) they were fast, but always rubish at long distance
Old 8 Mar 2010, 22:45 (Ref:2647796)   #100
Félix
Veteran

MagnetON
Québec
Félix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFélix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Oh and I can't say I am suprised at BMW's engine problems, even last time when they ran ALMS (2001 I think) they were fast, but always rubish at long distance
They mentioned a long distance test at Sebring that had gone well, before the Winter Test. Maybe RLR will get it right. The M3 GTR went on to win the Ring 24h (after a disastrous 1st attempt...).

But that problem means BMW is still pushing engine development (to compensate for the restrictor break that's probably gone); something you don't see in seasoned efforts from Porsche and Ferrari. Doesn't bode well for a championship bid.