Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Indycar Series

Old 20 May 2023, 21:46 (Ref:4157054)   #76
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
2 more guys to run most likely, both outside the top 30

Robb and then Lundgaard
Old 20 May 2023, 21:48 (Ref:4157057)   #77
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Holy crap. All 4 RLL cars are about to be fighting to see who is missing the show, along with Sting Ray.

Lundgaard getting the last chance.
Old 20 May 2023, 21:50 (Ref:4157058)   #78
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Up 1 as in going from 16th to 17th
I went by their radio call of up one, guessing they meant backwards one

Kat sitting in the car but no chance to go out, Lundgaard will end it with only 3 min to go for his attempt so the cannon will sound before his lap ends

Just feels like Graham is going home unless one of the 4 wrecks tomorrow

Kat is in, no way to make that up and she's ready to celebrate it
Old 20 May 2023, 21:52 (Ref:4157059)   #79
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
If Graham doesn't, United Rentals there's an empty car up there in the teens you could jump on the sidepods of

Congrats to Peacock for commercial free when it wasn't on NBC. Well done and took me a minute to notice I didn't see any. And reasonable talk without too much fluff
Old 20 May 2023, 21:59 (Ref:4157063)   #80
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
I'm confused. The timing website says that Lundgaard is 30th and Legge is out. IndyCar Radio says that Legge is in the.top 30. What's going on?
Old 20 May 2023, 22:20 (Ref:4157069)   #81
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
I'm confused. The timing website says that Lundgaard is 30th and Legge is out. IndyCar Radio says that Legge is in the.top 30. What's going on?
I saw that too but think it was an error? Or was it because she was in her car in lane 1?

Sent from my Pixel 7a using Tapatalk
Old 20 May 2023, 22:36 (Ref:4157070)   #82
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Bad day for RLL, not great day for Penske and Andretti

Great day for McLaren and AJR, good for Ganassi

Rosenqvist 4th fastest lap average ever, tomorrow will be warmer so that might stand all weekend as fastest.
Old 20 May 2023, 22:37 (Ref:4157071)   #83
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
I saw that too but think it was an error? Or was it because she was in her car in lane 1?

She wasn't in Lane 1 but ready to transfer to Lane 1 if Lundgaard was faster. He wasn't even close
Old 20 May 2023, 23:22 (Ref:4157072)   #84
v8supes
Veteran

v8supes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
All hands on deck down at RLL. It looks like Lundgaard is having a chassis change or they are taking the engine from his spare car for the race car. Either way they are working on two #45 cars in the RLL garage. https://ibb.co/m5NsXM9

Harveys car is having a complete new gearbox and rear suspension assembly.

Last edited by v8supes; 20 May 2023 at 23:29.
Old 21 May 2023, 00:36 (Ref:4157077)   #85
v8supes
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by v8supes View Post
All hands on deck down at RLL. It looks like Lundgaard is having a chassis change or they are taking the engine from his spare car for the race car. Either way they are working on two #45 cars in the RLL garage. https://ibb.co/m5NsXM9

Harveys car is having a complete new gearbox and rear suspension assembly.
From the streams it appears all RLL bar Legge received new rear gearbox and suspension assemblies. No engine or chassis as mentioned above, they just took the Gearbox from Lundgaards backup and swapped it with the gearbox used today.
Old 21 May 2023, 02:05 (Ref:4157082)   #86
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
I think I just realized I haven't seen a commercial yet on Peacock for the entirety of qualifying. Guessing that's gonna change when NBC joins at 230.
That’s exactly what happened! I watched on Peacock later in the day and you can see where the commercial are, all in the NBC window.
Old 21 May 2023, 02:09 (Ref:4157084)   #87
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Holy crap. All 4 RLL cars are about to be fighting to see who is missing the show, along with Sting Ray.

Lundgaard getting the last chance.
Legge sorted it, but how can this team be go weak!?

Quote:
Sting Ray on track

But that's not good to start
And it didn’t get any better, but he’s competitive and probably just wanted to have another go tomorrow or something

Last edited by Adam43; 21 May 2023 at 02:42.
Old 21 May 2023, 04:09 (Ref:4157091)   #88
mstets
Racer

mstets should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
She knows what full throttle means? She's at least 1 mph average faster with supposedly same setup

Looks like Enerson is in the race and not LCQ tomorrow

Pretty sure all three of the other RLL cars made totally flat throttle runs during the day. I don't think that the drivers are the problem The cars are simply off pace. I doubt that we (and possibly not the team) will ever know what they need to reach competitive lap times.

Hinchcliffe kept bringing up the possibility of mechanical drag being the problem. When I built uprights for Indy cars we didn't do anything different for Indy/Michigan/Pocono vs. any other race. I never built the gearbox but I don't remember any mention of any special preparation for the big ovals. These days the mechanical bits always get mentioned as being specially prepped for Indy but I have never heard any reference to what exactly is done, or how much benefit the extra treatment results in. Seems it must be labor intensive for minimal improvement or everyone would go to the effort for every race.
Old 21 May 2023, 11:55 (Ref:4157125)   #89
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Qualifying Result for Day 1
Attached Thumbnails
indycar-results-quals-day1-1.jpg   indycar-results-quals-day1-2.jpg  
Old 21 May 2023, 11:55 (Ref:4157126)   #90
v8supes
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstets View Post
Pretty sure all three of the other RLL cars made totally flat throttle runs during the day. I don't think that the drivers are the problem The cars are simply off pace. I doubt that we (and possibly not the team) will ever know what they need to reach competitive lap times.

Hinchcliffe kept bringing up the possibility of mechanical drag being the problem. When I built uprights for Indy cars we didn't do anything different for Indy/Michigan/Pocono vs. any other race. I never built the gearbox but I don't remember any mention of any special preparation for the big ovals. These days the mechanical bits always get mentioned as being specially prepped for Indy but I have never heard any reference to what exactly is done, or how much benefit the extra treatment results in. Seems it must be labor intensive for minimal improvement or everyone would go to the effort for every race.
Yeah. I noticed this too. I thought all of the parts were the same spec? Yet they talk about how teams do all this work to their cars for Indy. Most noticeably last year when Herta crashed.
Old 21 May 2023, 11:57 (Ref:4157127)   #91
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
This was IndyCar's prediction for Top 12 Qualifying, compared to the actual Top 12.
Attached Thumbnails
FwlA2XFX0AgBxAL.jpg   348489195_5996627600434877_8075481524694739694_n.jpg  

Last edited by bjohnsonsmith; 21 May 2023 at 12:05.
Old 21 May 2023, 16:26 (Ref:4157206)   #92
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by v8supes View Post
Yeah. I noticed this too. I thought all of the parts were the same spec? Yet they talk about how teams do all this work to their cars for Indy. Most noticeably last year when Herta crashed.
It's more about making sure everything is perfect and matched. Any of the team interviews mention everything being massaged and checked and rechecked at an entirely different level. Or maybe they're just talking to make sure everyone else wastes time chasing that

And not everything is exactly same, the dampers are fairly open and heavily tested and pursued for every advantage. Multiple times AJR had been in the back foot on road courses without the premier package
Old 21 May 2023, 16:27 (Ref:4157207)   #93
mstets
Racer

Several 235 mph laps in morning practice. Interesting that TK didn't run, but evidently he has no worries. Foyt cars looking stout.
Attached Thumbnails
Fast 12 practice 5-21-23.png  
Old 21 May 2023, 16:34 (Ref:4157210)   #94
mstets
Racer

Quote:
It's more about making sure everything is perfect and matched. Any of the team interviews mention everything being massaged and checked and rechecked at an entirely different level. Or maybe they're just talking to make sure everyone else wastes time chasing that

And not everything is exactly same, the dampers are fairly open and heavily tested and pursued for every advantage. Multiple times AJR had been in the back foot on road courses without the premier package

I can see a lot of time spent massaging the body fit. I imagine the Dallara's body fit is a lot better than March ever had, but the gaps and seams could add quite a bit of drag at 240 mph.
Old 21 May 2023, 16:40 (Ref:4157212)   #95
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
History could be in the making today. If Dixon takes pole, he will equal Rick Mears 6 and he also would become the first driver to win three Indy poles in a row.
Old 21 May 2023, 17:10 (Ref:4157223)   #96
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
History could be in the making today. If Dixon takes pole, he will equal Rick Mears 6 and he also would become the first driver to win three Indy poles in a row.
Being pretty much the best American series open wheeler in my generation, I'd prefer him to take the win a week from today than equal the pole record, but a record and history, indeed, sir. Thx for pointing that out!
Old 21 May 2023, 17:19 (Ref:4157226)   #97
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstets View Post
Several 235 mph laps in morning practice. Interesting that TK didn't run, but evidently he has no worries. Foyt cars looking stout.
Bottom 4 are pretty close with Luundgard the only one over a 230

Old 21 May 2023, 17:25 (Ref:4157228)   #98
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Being pretty much the best American series open wheeler in my generation, I'd prefer him to take the win a week from today than equal the pole record, but a record and history, indeed, sir. Thx for pointing that out!

I like stats and trivia. If he wins next weekend that will be his second Indy 500, as his only win so far was in 2008.
Old 21 May 2023, 17:39 (Ref:4157232)   #99
mstets
Racer

Quote:
Bottom 4 are pretty close with Luundgard the only one over a 230

Lundgaard had the fastest lap and the fastest 4 lap run in the practice session - followed by Rahal, Robb, and Harvey. All so close though that any sort of problem during their run could put one out.
Attached Thumbnails
Row 11 practice 5-21-23.png  
Old 21 May 2023, 17:43 (Ref:4157233)   #100
mstets
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post

McLaughlin volunteered the information during his commentary that Mears is not rooting for Dixon to take pole. But Mario was all smiles when Power broke his all time pole record and I would expect the same from Mears if Dixon wins pole today.