Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Closed Thread

Old 10 Jul 2006, 02:02 (Ref:1651834)   #76
Aquarius
Racer

Aquarius should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Whilst I don't believe there is a need to have this sort of stuff on the net, it certainly opens your eyes up to how quickly it can all turn to sh*t!
Old 10 Jul 2006, 11:21 (Ref:1652149)   #77
PVDA
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
PVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

I too have driven various vehicles at various times (I'm not Uncle Cranker but our CV's in motorsport are similar) and I've found the biggest problem is that the people driving course vehicles confuse chase cars for race cars and drive accordingly.

Course vehicles have been used to give rides (I'm lead to believe from my sources the Darwin moment was an unofficial ride) and sometimes the person chosen to drive is chosen not on ability but the club they belong to and a being a race driver doesn't mean they make a good chase driver.

A great man once told me his theory on FIV driving which I subscribe to as well "It's not much good if once you arrive at the scene your medical crew are falling out of the car throwing up"

And dmcl the biggest problem is the same suspects are not just stuffing up once but twice or three or more times and still allowed to drive
Old 10 Jul 2006, 11:44 (Ref:1652164)   #78
Uncle Cranker
Veteran

Australia
Victoria; Australia
Uncle Cranker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by PVDA
I too have driven various vehicles at various times (I'm not Uncle Cranker but our CV's in motorsport are similar) and I've found the biggest problem is that the people driving course vehicles confuse chase cars for race cars and drive accordingly.

A great man once told me his theory on FIV driving which I subscribe to as well "It's not much good if once you arrive at the scene your medical crew are falling out of the car throwing up"

Barley Charlie, especially the CV's bit....... I never waved a coloured stick, hang on there was this one time; at Sandown..... i digress.

Now, about having a member of a medical team throw-up !

He was as hung over as i've ever been, so my driving was not the root cause.

At least he took his teeth out before-hand.

I must admit, he looked as lonely as an orphaned badicoot on a burnt out ridge on the drive back to the Hotel where we were staying .........

But he got over it.

Move along people nothing to see here, The Darwin Awards of 2007 await........
Old 10 Jul 2006, 12:02 (Ref:1652179)   #79
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
i cant rember if it was the clipsal or winton (probably clipsal) but i am sure the chase car was racing the back markers, probably in the historics.
Old 10 Jul 2006, 19:59 (Ref:1652787)   #80
RayF
Rookie

RayF should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Course vehicles have been used to give rides (I'm lead to believe from my sources the Darwin moment was an unofficial ride) and sometimes the person chosen to drive is chosen not on ability but the club they belong to and a being a race driver doesn't mean they make a good chase driver.

And dmcl the biggest problem is the same suspects are not just stuffing up once but twice or three or more times and still allowed to drive
PVDA
Exactly. It's been a concern of mine for many years that some drivers, (not all of them by any means), believe that driving an FIV or a chase car (not necessarily a medical chase car) or any other circuit car, is their chance to go for a "fang" on a real race track, even when on a real scramble.

Last edited by RayF; 10 Jul 2006 at 20:03.
Old 10 Jul 2006, 20:35 (Ref:1652832)   #81
Aquarius
Racer

Aquarius should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayF
PVDA
Exactly. It's been a concern of mine for many years that some drivers, (not all of them by any means), believe that driving an FIV or a chase car (not necessarily a medical chase car) or any other circuit car, is their chance to go for a "fang" on a real race track, even when on a real scramble.
How true!
Old 19 Jul 2006, 04:17 (Ref:1659671)   #82
V8 Supercars
Racer

Australia
Gold Coast
V8 Supercars should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
But if you want to work at the Sandown 500 you will need to produce your valid CAMS Officials Licence to collect your credentials, or at least that's what my invitation to apply to work at it letter said.
Not that they ever ask to see it in my experience. When you fill out your form many months before the event surely they promoter would check the validity of your licence before accepting you into the fold. At least this year anyway I would have thought.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRabbit
anyone remember the safety car pulling in and the cars having to dodge the tilt-tray that was still on the main straight a year or 2 ago?
2003 actually. How times goes by so quickly.
Old 19 Jul 2006, 06:11 (Ref:1659699)   #83
hml2777
Racer

Cuba
Guantanamo Bay
hml2777 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Supercars
Not that they ever ask to see it in my experience. When you fill out your form many months before the event surely they promoter would check the validity of your licence before accepting you into the fold. At least this year anyway I would have thought.
So are they going to knock back experienced officials who have decided to not have a CAMS licence?