Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Closed Thread

Old 2 Nov 2009, 17:03 (Ref:2574258)   #76
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Marcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMarcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
I'd laugh me cock off at that !!!
How's life without ?
Old 3 Nov 2009, 07:02 (Ref:2574688)   #77
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG View Post
Hmm, so please explain how the opinion expressed in post #61 is more valid than mine in #62?!!!

L.P.
It isn't. This has nothing to do with the validity of the opinions being expressed, but has everything to do with the manner in which they are being expressed.
Old 3 Nov 2009, 08:02 (Ref:2574720)   #78
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
How's life without ?
Yeah , well , its a very strange feeling !!!
Old 3 Nov 2009, 08:37 (Ref:2574741)   #79
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Horndawg, your points of view are of course very welcome here and although you may never have been to Le mans your love of sportscar racing is well understood by all in this forum. It is always interesting to read what other true fans of this type of racing think and although my and other opinions my differ from yours, I always look forward to this type of discussion.

We will see next year what actually happens in the GT classes and the only thing we can say for certain is that all the teams will try to get around any regulations and give themselves the advantage, history tells us that the more the authorities try the more the competitors come up with developments that get around those regulations. That is what motor racing is about and it is those developments that drive the sport on. They are often given as the true benefit of motor racing. Long may it continue.

I hope one day either you make it to Europe for one of our races or I make it to one of your races, we can then have a enjoyable debate about sportscar racing over a nice cold beer or two.

Last edited by GT6; 3 Nov 2009 at 08:39. Reason: spelling mistake
Old 3 Nov 2009, 16:04 (Ref:2574976)   #80
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

L.P.
Old 5 Nov 2009, 05:25 (Ref:2576112)   #81
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
How's life without ?
I came into this thread to ask this very question!
Old 5 Nov 2009, 12:49 (Ref:2576340)   #82
prototype
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, Georgia
prototype should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wonder is Corvette will race the GT2 or the GT1's at Le Mans next year. I am sure they wont race both.
Old 5 Nov 2009, 13:18 (Ref:2576368)   #83
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by prototype View Post
I wonder is Corvette will race the GT2 or the GT1's at Le Mans next year. I am sure they wont race both.
I think private teams will race in both classes next year but a Factory team is less likely, GM are not exactly cash rich at the moment and have a few other problems to content with at the moment.
Old 5 Nov 2009, 15:56 (Ref:2576439)   #84
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
GT-2, is where I expect Corvette Racing willl be on the grid.

L.P.
Old 5 Nov 2009, 16:10 (Ref:2576446)   #85
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
I think private teams will race in both classes next year but a Factory team is less likely, GM are not exactly cash rich at the moment and have a few other problems to content with at the moment.
I think the idea of no Corvette Racing at Le Mans in 2010 is incorrect! As demonstrated by the program's continued life to this point.

L.P.
Old 6 Nov 2009, 03:35 (Ref:2576788)   #86
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
I'm sure GT2... I wonder if they (P&M) are rethinking the conversion kits? Doubtful they'll want a faster vette there.
Old 6 Nov 2009, 06:15 (Ref:2576825)   #87
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by baszero View Post
Follow updates regarding the entry list of 24h of Le Mans 2010 here:

or check out the new cars announced for the 2010 season in general:

Thanks for the info, but promotion of your own website isn't permitted here. Moved to Cool Sites.
Old 7 Nov 2009, 12:14 (Ref:2577569)   #88
baszero
Rookie

Switzerland
Switzerland
baszero should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
I'm sure GT2... I wonder if they (P&M) are rethinking the conversion kits? Doubtful they'll want a faster vette there.
Are you really sure about the GT 2? I know that auto-invitations for a certain class can not be used for another class, e.g. Corvette Racing is not allowed to use the GT1 invitations as GT2 invitations.

Does anybody have infos of how ACO treats this in 2010 ?
Old 7 Nov 2009, 12:31 (Ref:2577583)   #89
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
simply put .. if P&M wants to race at LeMans in 2010 in GT2 class all they have to do is ask

Ciao Marco
Old 7 Nov 2009, 12:32 (Ref:2577584)   #90
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
As far as I know , thats still the rule .

I can see P&M in GT2 and 2 fully grown C6R in GT1 by LAA or possibily one from PK Sport .

However , we were staying in the same hotel as P&M at Le Mans (1 night) last year . And one their crew said that it was possible that they would return in 2010 in GT1 class .

So , believe it when you see it .
Old 18 Nov 2009, 01:20 (Ref:2583902)   #91
Félix
Veteran

MagnetON
Québec
Félix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFélix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sounds like Kimi Raikonnen is out of F1 for next year, and quoted saying "Rallies and Le Mans" http://translate.google.com/translat...&sl=auto&tl=en

Now, looking for an idea on where he might turn up, we could ask: a) is his agent -Robertson- close to any structure potentially involved in next year's race? b) wouldn't the fact that he's still under contract for Ferrari mean that he would have to drive for them or Maserati? c) Couldn't he be looking for a custom deal where a manufacturer would support him in his rallying and want him on their team at Le Mans (Peugeot 207 + 908)??
Old 18 Nov 2009, 11:45 (Ref:2584086)   #92
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
There is no quote in that article but the reporter (somewhat trusted F1 journalist) wrote "Next year Raikkonen will drive at least in some rallies and possibly in 24LM race" and that "winning it [24LM] interests a lot".

And other sources are saying Citroen is talking with Raikkonen, full season, in a 3rd car.

Important: June is completely free in WRC '10 calendar. (That means Loeb could be also available unlike this year...)

Peugeot has money and seems to value ex-F1 drivers...

-

Last edited by deggis; 18 Nov 2009 at 12:02.
Old 18 Nov 2009, 13:32 (Ref:2584190)   #93
Pilgrimage
Veteran

England
Kent, England
Pilgrimage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Whilst I would wholly welcome Raikkonen next year I wonder how he will cope with the camaraderie and openness of the event.
He has always come across as a bit of a reserved kind of guy to me.
Old 18 Nov 2009, 14:27 (Ref:2584243)   #94
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilgrimage View Post
Whilst I would wholly welcome Raikkonen next year I wonder how he will cope with the camaraderie and openness of the event.
He has always come across as a bit of a reserved kind of guy to me.
Sharing the driving is always harder for Ex F1 stars, they are not used to watching someone else in their car, and if that person is slower than them they let everyone know, but worst still if that person is faster than them!
Old 18 Nov 2009, 15:38 (Ref:2584289)   #95
baszero
Rookie

Switzerland
Switzerland
baszero should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Murcielago R-SV GT1

Reiter Engineering has announced the successor of the rather unsuccessful Murciélago R-GT introduced in 2003.
As only the FIA GT has been confirmed by Reiter Engineering, did anybody hear anything about a possible engagement for Le Mans?

According to a mail answer by Reiter to me personally, they are not aware of any plans to do so, but that's the official statement... behind the scenes there is maybe something cooking?

Link to Reiter's Page about the car:
http://www.reiter-engineering.com/en...-r-sv-gt1.html
Old 19 Nov 2009, 14:09 (Ref:2585095)   #96
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Maybe if he doesn't find a suitable F1 drive he would drive for Fiat in rallies and Maserati at Le Mans - that may be in his release contract??
Old 19 Nov 2009, 16:52 (Ref:2585182)   #97
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG View Post
The ALMS auto-invites may be moot, as they are not running to the new ACO spec. That was mentioned at the beginning of the season when it was announced that the ALMS would not be enforcing the ACO aero rules.

This indeed is the case! The ACO's list of invites is out. Here

2009 24 HEURES DU MANS
The first two in each category are automatically selected.
LM P1 : PEUGEOT SPORT TOTAL (Peugeot 908 HDI-FAP)
LM P1 : TEAM PEUGEOT TOTAL (Peugeot 908 HDI-FAP)
LM P2 : TEAM ESSEX (Porsche RS Spyder)
LM P2 : SPEEDY RACING SEBAH (Lola Judd)
LM GT1 : CORVETTE RACING (Corvette C6-R)
LM GT1 : LUC ALPHAND AVENTURES (Corvette C6-R)
LM GT2 : RISI COMPETIZIONE (Ferrari F 430 GT)
LM GT2 : BMS SCUDERIA ITALIA (Ferrari F 430 GT)

2009 PETIT LE MANS
The winner of each category at the end of the race is automatically selected. However, there is no selection in LM P2 as the Dyson-Smith Lola B/09 Mazda that finished first had a wide 2008-type rear wing depriving it of an official selection. No entries in LM GT1 hence no selection.
LM P1 : PEUGEOT SPORT TOTAL (Peugeot 908 HDI-FAP)
LM GT2 : RISI COMPETIZIONE (Ferrari F 430 GT)

2009 AMERICAN LE MANS SERIES
The winner of each category is automatically selected. Corvette, victorious in LM GT1, is not eligible as the make failed to meet the required number of participations because the C6.Rs raced in only two (Sebring, Long Beach) out of 10 events.
LM P1 : PATRÓN HIGHCROFT RACING (Acura ARX-02a)
LM P2 : LOWE’S FERNANDEZ RACING (Acura ARX-01b)
LM GT2 : FLYING LIZARD MOTORSPORTS (Porsche 911 GT3 RSR)

2009 LE MANS SERIES
The first two in each category are automatically selected. Only one entrant has been selected in LM GT1 as the Larbre Competition Saleen did not race in the whole series.
LM P1 : ASTON MARTIN RACING (Lola-Aston Martin B 09/60)
LM P1 : PESCAROLO SPORT (Pescarolo-Judd)
LM P2 : QUIFEL ASM TEAM (Ginetta-Zytek)
LM P2 : SPEEDY RACING TEAM SEBAH (Lola Judd)
LM GT1 : LUC ALPHAND AVENTURES (Corvette C6-R)
LM GT2 : TEAM FELBERMAYER-PROTON (Porsche 911 GT3 RSR)
LM GT2 : JMW MOTORSPORT (Ferrari F 430 GT)

2009 FIA-GT Championship
The first two in each category are automatically selected.
FIA GT1 : VITAPHONE RACING TEAM (Maserati MC 12)
FIA GT1 : PEKA RACING (Corvette Z06)
FIA GT2 : AF CORSE (Ferrari F 430 GT)
FIA GT2 : PROSPEED COMPETITION (Porsche 911 GT3 RSR)

2009 MICHELIN GREEN X CHALLENGE
The winner of the Challenge over the whole of the 2009 Le Mans Series is automatically selected.
LM P2 : SPEEDY RACING TEAM SEBAH (Lola-Judd)

2009 ASIAN LE MANS SERIES
The winner of each of the 4 Le Mans categories is automatically selected.
LM P1 : SORA RACING (Pescarolo-Judd)
LM P2 : OAK RACING (Pescarolo-Mazda)
LM GT1 : JLOC (Lamborghini Murcielago)
LM GT2 : HANKOOK TEAM FARNBACHER (Ferrari F 430 GT)

L.P.
Old 19 Nov 2009, 17:06 (Ref:2585192)   #98
naughtymutt
Racer

naughtymutt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
LMAO @ LM GT1 : JLOC (Lamborghini Murcielago)

How many years since Audi hasn't had an auto entry to LM24
Old 23 Nov 2009, 14:19 (Ref:2587820)   #99
Pilgrimage
Veteran

England
Kent, England
Pilgrimage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So we could have a Maser!
Old 23 Nov 2009, 20:53 (Ref:2588051)   #100
Osella
Veteran

Osella should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid