Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Indycar Series

Old 18 Apr 2009, 21:40 (Ref:2444071)   #76
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
Well, Danica has spun on the exit of turn 10, crunching her front wing off of the wall, before spinning to a stall in the middle of turn 11.

She has not yet set a time, and brought out the FCC.

Well, that is the end of group 2, round one.

Provided I am reading the timing correctly: Conway finished 8th in this group, whilst Danica was 11th in this group.

It would seem DanicaFan's assertion of future fact that Danica would outqualify Mike this weekend has been disproven. I have to admit - I am not surprised at all in anyway.

The second of DanicaFan's assertions of future fact for this weekend was that Danica will finish ahead of Mike this weekend in the race. He didn't specify if this was on the both finishing without problems terms only, or if he just meant simply ahead in the classification no matter what.

Last edited by Dutton; 18 Apr 2009 at 22:02.
Old 19 Apr 2009, 00:52 (Ref:2444181)   #77
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Here is a link to the starting grid: http://tentenths.com/forum/showpost....2&postcount=34

Mike Conway has outqualified Danica. I simply cannot believe this, she must have had some sort of problem? Was there a car issue?
Old 19 Apr 2009, 01:45 (Ref:2444221)   #78
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
Well, there was a car issue in the sense it didn't get around the track fast enough.
Old 19 Apr 2009, 04:10 (Ref:2444286)   #79
DanicaFan
Veteran

United States
Stuckeyville
DanicaFan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Danica will go around Stanton easily at the start of the race.
Old 19 Apr 2009, 04:22 (Ref:2444292)   #80
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
A bit off-topic, that, isn't it?
Old 19 Apr 2009, 05:50 (Ref:2444319)   #81
Peat
Veteran

United Kingdom
Dahn Sahf
Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanicaFan View Post
I should funking well hope so too!
Old 19 Apr 2009, 06:32 (Ref:2444333)   #82
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Danica is going OK, she is just behind her team-mate Marco...
Old 19 Apr 2009, 06:37 (Ref:2444337)   #83
the.cosmic.pope
Veteran

Scotland
Arbroath
the.cosmic.pope should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthe.cosmic.pope should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomick View Post
Danica is going OK, she is just behind her team-mate Marco...
Marco isn't exactly doing well, lol. The only AGR driver worth talking about is Tony Kanaan tbh.
Old 19 Apr 2009, 06:37 (Ref:2444338)   #84
the.cosmic.pope
Veteran

Scotland
Arbroath
the.cosmic.pope should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthe.cosmic.pope should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Shouldn't be behind him in the first place.
Old 19 Apr 2009, 06:48 (Ref:2444342)   #85
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
I could pass Stanton in a Yugo on bicycle tires at the start of the race...

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 19 Apr 2009, 17:33 (Ref:2444847)   #86
DanicaFan
Veteran

United States
Stuckeyville
Quote:
Originally Posted by the.cosmic.pope View Post
Shouldn't be behind him in the first place.
The only reason she is, is because of the minor crash she had. If she didnt have that, she would of been much further up the grid.
Old 19 Apr 2009, 17:46 (Ref:2444854)   #87
johntt
Veteran

England
England
johntt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutton View Post
Well, there was a car issue in the sense it didn't get around the track fast enough.
That about explains it
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit.' And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." -Ayrton Senna
Old 19 Apr 2009, 17:53 (Ref:2444858)   #88
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Quote:
The only reason she is, is because of the minor crash she had. If she didnt have that, she would of been much further up the grid.
So she would've been further up the grid had she not lost it, crunched her front-wing, then spun to a stall in the next corner?

She did set some fast laps. She had every chance to set a better time. Also, any setback she did face was completely her own fault. You cannot just remove the mistakes she makes as though they did not happen. Mistakes are one of the factors that determine speed and times in qualifying and races.

You have basically said Danica would've been further up the grid had she set a time fast enough to finish further up the grid. A technically true, but totally pointless, statement.

Danica set her qualy time on lap 7 of 9. She set a thoroughly normal number of laps. It is possible that she has got the speed of the back-end of the grid.

In terms of a Danica vs Mike update, I notice, in final practice, Conway was second place, 0.05s off first, whilstDanica was 20th with a time one second behind Conway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by indycar.com
1 Raphael Matos (2) 1:10.9733

2 Mike Conway (24) 1:11.0014

20 Danica Patrick (7) 1:12.0882

23 Stanton Barrett (98) 1:14.1171
Danica did set two fewer laps than Conway, though. I am sure that explains the difference. That and it is only practice, so it doesn't count (just as Danica's qualifying time does not count because she spun and stalled, damaging her car, before she set a time).

I do believe it is 5-0 to Conway, so far, this weekend.

Are you starting to wonder if your audacious prediction is looking like falling this weekend? Nah.........you're picking Danica for the win, I take it?

Last edited by Dutton; 19 Apr 2009 at 18:18.
Old 19 Apr 2009, 18:32 (Ref:2444883)   #89
DanicaFan
Veteran

United States
Stuckeyville
Danica will finish higher than Conway because she will win this thing with a good pit strategy.
Old 19 Apr 2009, 18:41 (Ref:2444892)   #90
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Danica will finish higher than Conway because she will win this thing with a good pit strategy.
It'll have to be the most cunning piece of pit strategy ever seen from AGR ever.

So cunning, not even Baldric could have come with it...so cunning it'll even be better than when the Abt Audi squad worked out they could change the tyres the mandatory two times during the same pitstop under the rules in DTM those few years ago.
Old 19 Apr 2009, 18:48 (Ref:2444897)   #91
DanicaFan
Veteran

United States
Stuckeyville
Ok, just for the sake of argument, if she doesnt win for some reason, she will still finish higher than Conway.
Old 19 Apr 2009, 20:44 (Ref:2444960)   #92
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Mike hits the wall - this could be the break Danica needs...
Old 19 Apr 2009, 21:00 (Ref:2444968)   #93
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It looks like Danica is going to achieve the goal - to beat Mike.
Old 19 Apr 2009, 21:12 (Ref:2444979)   #94
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
Danica in P2 after 34 laps - great pit strategy....
Old 19 Apr 2009, 21:38 (Ref:2444991)   #95
the.cosmic.pope
Veteran

Scotland
Arbroath
haha. So Mike n00bs it. But under Danica fans changed rules of both having to finish, Danica doesn't win this round.
Old 19 Apr 2009, 21:42 (Ref:2444993)   #96
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Mark this one up to Danica
Old 19 Apr 2009, 21:45 (Ref:2444995)   #97
Peat
Veteran

United Kingdom
Dahn Sahf
Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!
Sh*t! Im out of the ingredients for my humble pie.......
Old 19 Apr 2009, 21:46 (Ref:2444996)   #98
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
Its obvious that Mike couldnt handle Danica's track position & the pressure was to much for him - rookie

2-0 for Danica - ovals next week
Old 19 Apr 2009, 22:01 (Ref:2445003)   #99
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Danica pastes Mike in the race. She's had excellent pit strategy combined with running remarkably well once up front. Full credit due. I'm rooting for Danica for you DanicaFan, in this race, now, as I know it would make you rather happy if she wins.

Mike made mince meat of Danica prior to the race, but has been a spanner in the race.

Danica is 2-0 up on race classification, but only 1-0 up on race performance (I really think St. Pete has to be a 0-0).

DanicaFan is 1 of 2 with his race weekend predictions. Mike beat Danica in qualifying, but Danica has obviously finished ahead of Mike in the race.

As for the over-arching Incredibly Audacious Statement of Future Fact, well, that is still 100% in the air.

Indycar's most epic rivalry gets its chance to stretch its legs on the ovals next. Bring it on!
Old 19 Apr 2009, 22:41 (Ref:2445025)   #100
DanicaFan
Veteran

United States
Stuckeyville
Dont doubt my Danica....

Sorry guys, Conway sucks...

Couldnt keep it on the track.