Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 19 Jul 2023, 15:10 (Ref:4169082)   #76
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I had to look it up. Tom is a massive 4" taller than Yuki!

Richard
Old 19 Jul 2023, 15:49 (Ref:4169087)   #77
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
He couldn't reach the pedals........

Fantastic. This has to be the funniest post on Tenths this year.
Old 22 Jul 2023, 16:43 (Ref:4169455)   #78
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Still looking for appropriate pair of racing boots:https://thejudge13.com/2023/07/16/br...e-shut-down-2/
Old 22 Jul 2023, 20:14 (Ref:4169480)   #79
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Still looking for appropriate pair of racing boots:https://thejudge13.com/2023/07/16/br...e-shut-down-2/
That article is just clickbait. The reasons for the shutdown are very very well known: the actor's guild is on strike, as are the writers.
Old 22 Jul 2023, 23:41 (Ref:4169488)   #80
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
That article is just clickbait. The reasons for the shutdown are very very well known: the actor's guild is on strike, as are the writers.
Yes. I used to look at that site for rumors but eventually realized it wasn't worth the time.

Richard
Old 23 Jul 2023, 07:17 (Ref:4169501)   #81
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
They were doing some filming yesterday. Two drivers did some overtaking on each other and ran after FP3 and qualifying. I decided to cheer at the side in my Aston Martin cap in case I got in the film, but they'll probably have better crowd shots than one lone guy standing at the fence going nuts, while everyone else can be seen walking off to get the shuttle.
Old 23 Jul 2023, 08:05 (Ref:4169505)   #82
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
You never know......

Last year at Le Mans, the film crew came and shot us in the grandstand during the week, got us all together and filmed for quite a while. I even bought the DVD in case we were on it.... Were we on it? No.
Old 23 Jul 2023, 22:07 (Ref:4169626)   #83
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
You never know......

Last year at Le Mans, the film crew came and shot us in the grandstand during the week, got us all together and filmed for quite a while. I even bought the DVD in case we were on it.... Were we on it? No.
Bit extreme of them to fire at you first! Just asking your pernission would've been ok?
Old 24 Jul 2023, 08:11 (Ref:4169654)   #84
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Old 24 Jul 2023, 09:56 (Ref:4169678)   #85
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
Bit extreme of them to fire at you first! Just asking your pernission would've been ok?
Yeah, fortunately they missed!
Old 25 Jul 2023, 15:42 (Ref:4169905)   #86
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
You should ask for a refund of the DVD. Next time, make a copy and buy it only if you find yourself and friends on it.
Old 25 Jul 2023, 16:24 (Ref:4169911)   #87
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
More filming planned @ Sillystone in the near future.
Old 25 Jul 2023, 18:09 (Ref:4169921)   #88
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xctVMW-abE
Old 28 Jul 2023, 11:45 (Ref:4170235)   #89
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Having read most of this, plus a couple of other articles I'm confidently predicting it will be fairly awful, pandering to the American market with a fairly predictable storyline.

Or to put it another way, an accurate representation of F1 at the moment...

Happily it's going to be on Apple which I don't have so no risk of me being tempted to watch it and being disappointed by it.
Old 28 Jul 2023, 13:10 (Ref:4170244)   #90
Tom Harris
Rookie

Tom Harris should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I see no reason to watch a fictional Hollywood version of F1 with made-up wannabe F1 cars. The real F1 races, available either live or on-demand, offer an authentic and thrilling experience that surpasses any fictional depiction. It's more enjoyable to witness the actual F1 action from the comfort of my living room without any doubt.
Old 28 Jul 2023, 13:34 (Ref:4170252)   #91
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Welcome to Ten Tenths, Tom.

I would agree with you, except for the fact that I love it live and would love it in the cinema too, except I don't hold out hope for the film.
Old 28 Jul 2023, 13:50 (Ref:4170257)   #92
Richard C
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Harris View Post
I see no reason to watch a fictional Hollywood version of F1 with made-up wannabe F1 cars. The real F1 races, available either live or on-demand, offer an authentic and thrilling experience that surpasses any fictional depiction. It's more enjoyable to witness the actual F1 action from the comfort of my living room without any doubt.
I get your point, but a fictional story about a subject and the subject itself are two different things and can be enjoyed in different ways. I would say the Le Mans movie maybe come closes to violating that rule. It has a very different feel (more track action, not much dialog) but that also makes it less appealing to a broader audience.

I sure hope people are not expecting that watching the movie will be like watching an F1 race, or a documentary! It will primarily be a fictional storyline that focuses on the drama between characters, but is set within the F1 universe. You could probably drop the plot into any number of other motorsports or racing series.

Richard

PS: Welcome to the forum!
Old 28 Jul 2023, 14:42 (Ref:4170265)   #93
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Richard, that applies to all fictional films; they usually bear no relation to what happens in real life whatever the genre.Top gun is nothing like the real thing any more than Red October was lifelike about a Russian submarine.
Old 28 Jul 2023, 15:10 (Ref:4170272)   #94
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
true story!

Old 28 Jul 2023, 15:10 (Ref:4170273)   #95
Richard C
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
Richard, that applies to all fictional films; they usually bear no relation to what happens in real life whatever the genre.Top gun is nothing like the real thing any more than Red October was lifelike about a Russian submarine.
Right. I agree. I was just keeping it focused on the F1 side. And really mainly making the point (on this production). Watching the movie should not be comparable to watching a race. Just as something like Drive To Survive... while about F1, is not like watching a race (even if it shows some racing).

Richard
Old 28 Jul 2023, 15:27 (Ref:4170276)   #96
Tel 911S
Veteran

Tel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Funnily enough the story of RED OCTOBER was based on something that really happened , but in the Pacific , not Atlantic .
But it was kept very quiet about it .
Old 28 Jul 2023, 15:37 (Ref:4170278)   #97
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tel 911S View Post
Funnily enough the story of RED OCTOBER was based on something that really happened , but in the Pacific , not Atlantic .
But it was kept very quiet about it .

I didn't know that, however, I was more referring to the action on what was supposed to be happening on the studio's submarine.
Old 28 Jul 2023, 15:44 (Ref:4170280)   #98
Tel 911S
Veteran

Tel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I didn't know that, however, I was more referring to the action on what was supposed to be happening on the studio's submarine.
It was the height of the cold war , some of what actually happened could have had serious consequences , so it was all kept very quiet .

But totally agree with you about how films show something just for entertainment rather than reality .
Old 28 Jul 2023, 20:56 (Ref:4170307)   #99
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well it appears this will now just be a speculative how bad could it be thread, movie is DONE and dusted. They say for now as there's no new material written and they've run out of prescheduled shots and things that don't require actors. There were allowances of shots and set pieces done and arranged prior to strike be allowed but that's all used up.

Chances of movie coming back after this strikex2 works through, especially as this is one of the projects the strike would massively change?? Zero, it's not gonna be a quick turnaround and signing of new deals.

Oh, and maybe dial back the American audience stuff. England did better per person with tickets for Driven than US did and that movie was GARBAGE. There are stupid people who stream to watch bad movies everywhere, this weekend proved that x2. And a couple weeks ago with yet ANOTHER mission impossible
Old 28 Jul 2023, 21:12 (Ref:4170311)   #100
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I have a confession. I went to the cinema to watch Driven.