Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 4 Jun 2005, 00:53 (Ref:1319622)   #76
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Placebo
Not what I've heard GTR.
I was under the impression that as soon as TL clarifies his sponsorship position, that the TEGA rubber stamp will bring about the transfer of the second licence and an iminent move to Queensland for the new 2 car team under his control.
The only hurdle I can see is the sponsorship.
Do you know something about that?
The sponsorship being negotiated is for the #45 car... once that is locked in.. then discussions move to the #44 car, which is also in its own, independent sponsorship negotiations with other people.

The franchise being sold is only the #45 one.. the #44 one is staying where it is...

As for the team moving... well that would probably make it very convenient for Mr Longhurst, but to do something like that midseason, and losing just about all the current crew... doesnt make sense to me... to restaff from nothing midseason would see the cars go backwards bigtime....

The issues around this team are not as dire as the motorsport press would have you believe...
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 4 Jun 2005, 06:29 (Ref:1319711)   #77
Archer
Veteran

Archer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The move for Longhurst Racing to Queensland will take place when TL has control over #44 and #45 at seasons end (until then it will remain as is). This will include the entire TD inventory and staff. The driving line up for Longhurst Racing in 06 will be...

Wills & Wilson or Dumbrell
Longhurst & Wilson or Dumbrell
Wills & Longhurst or Dumbrell

Garry Dumbrell may also buy into this team if worst comes to worst with Paul's employment situation (this team or Rod Nash Racing).
I support (V8): Holden, Holden Racing Team, Perkins Motorsport, #888, #2, #22, #11, #7, #3, #34, #51, #55, #33, #88, #18, #4, #5 & #1. I support (F1): Williams Toyota, Red Bull Renault, #15, #16, #23, #9 & #10.

RIP Peter Brock and Mark Porter
Old 4 Jun 2005, 06:37 (Ref:1319714)   #78
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archer
The move for Longhurst Racing to Queensland will take place when TL has control over #44 and #45 at seasons end (until then it will remain as is). This will include the entire TD inventory and staff. The driving line up for Longhurst Racing in 06 will be...

Wills & Wilson or Dumbrell
Longhurst & Wilson or Dumbrell
Wills & Longhurst or Dumbrell

Garry Dumbrell may also buy into this team if worst comes to worst with Paul's employment situation (this team or Rod Nash Racing).
Someone should tell the key players of this move, as its not what they seem to believe....
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 4 Jun 2005, 08:29 (Ref:1319764)   #79
pete55
Veteran

pete55 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have been told that there are 6, maybe 1 or 2 more drivers with either different seats for next year or are concerned about where they will be next year. There are apparently a few drivers currently talking to other teams and in a couple of cases talking to more than one team. In amongst these drivers there are a couple of them that apparently want to stay with their current team but are not being given any answers to their questions and certainly no confirmation that they will be there next year. On top of that there are apparently a few engineering types looking at their options as well.
Old 4 Jun 2005, 08:44 (Ref:1319779)   #80
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Take a look at who is out of deal at season's end

Red: Mr T.Kelly, Mr Dumbrell, Mr Wilson,
Blue: Mr Ingall, Mr Bargwanna, Mr Winterbottom, Mr Ellery,

And those off to other places:
Blue: Mr Ambrose

... while there are a number of others with deals they would likely prefer they could get out of....

Its gonna get a bit messy soon....
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 4 Jun 2005, 09:09 (Ref:1319791)   #81
pete55
Veteran

pete55 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I thought Jason Bargwanna signed a long term contract at the beginning of the year.
Old 4 Jun 2005, 09:58 (Ref:1319816)   #82
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Me too. I think that GTR is wrong on at least 2 or 3 of those counts
Old 4 Jun 2005, 10:00 (Ref:1319817)   #83
Rowdy
Racer

Australia
The Shire
Rowdy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think you are right Pete. Might even of been last year but his contract was extended.

Larko, We miss you.
Old 4 Jun 2005, 11:36 (Ref:1319870)   #84
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete55
I thought Jason Bargwanna signed a long term contract at the beginning of the year.
I think you might find there are extension options, as with a couple of others on the list....
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 4 Jun 2005, 13:46 (Ref:1319940)   #85
Rombles1
Veteran

Australia
Facebook
Rombles1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If Ingall is out of contract, and doesn't win the championship this year, (and say, for example, Craig Lowndes does) would he consider moving to Triple 8?
Old 4 Jun 2005, 22:34 (Ref:1320214)   #86
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rombles1
If Ingall is out of contract, and doesn't win the championship this year, (and say, for example, Craig Lowndes does) would he consider moving to Triple 8?
I think SBR is taking an interesting risk in not signing SirRustALot right now!
#CANCERSUCKS