Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 28 Apr 2012, 17:55 (Ref:3066637)   #76
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Wow, that's great !
Old 28 Apr 2012, 23:36 (Ref:3066734)   #77
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
I started watching the video but was then distracted and didn't see it all.

However, I have seen it before and in the interests of accuracy (!) think I should mention it was Dave Morgan who Hunt punched, not Tony Trimmer. As I remember they tried to go around the very last corner side-by-side and collided.
Old 29 Apr 2012, 03:21 (Ref:3066754)   #78
BobHWS
Veteran

United States
Winston-Salem, NC
BobHWS should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBobHWS should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Director Ron Howard continues to post lots of photos from the filming of Rush on his Twitter feed.

Old 29 Apr 2012, 06:31 (Ref:3066768)   #79
olliewakey
Rookie

olliewakey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
All I have heard about this film sounds great, really looking forward to its release.
Old 30 Apr 2012, 12:00 (Ref:3067406)   #80
Andrew Kitson
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
5 minutes from Snetterton
Andrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Yes as stated..filming at Snetterton tomorrow 9am - 4pm..and Wednesday too probably. Spectators welcome, but you'll be restricted to the outside of the circuit by the Esses / Bombhole area, not allowed over the bridge into the centre. 13-14 F1 cars, half real, others mock-up fakes. Go on...get those flared jeans out!
Old 30 Apr 2012, 12:03 (Ref:3067410)   #81
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
Ahhhh i'd love to take a day off and visit! That'd be so cool!

Selby
Old 30 Apr 2012, 12:30 (Ref:3067432)   #82
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Those pics are surely rhe real ones.
Old 30 Apr 2012, 14:32 (Ref:3067474)   #83
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I have to say I'm gutted I didn't see that F3 line up at Crystal Palace
Old 1 May 2012, 09:54 (Ref:3067796)   #84
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
Gutted i'm not at Snett today..

Selby
Old 1 May 2012, 17:10 (Ref:3067948)   #85
BobHWS
Veteran

United States
Winston-Salem, NC
BobHWS should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBobHWS should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Filming in the rain Tuesday at Snetterton:

Video of 1970s F1 cars at Snetterton as part of Ron Howard film ‘Rush’
Tuesday, May 1, 2012
5:46 PM
Norwich Evening News

...Today’s scenes, which will continue tomorrow, saw historic F1 cars take to the track, recreating scenes from the 1976 season.

Many found out about the filming from Howard’s Twitter account on which he wrote: “Historic F1 cars will be running Tuesday at Snetterton. Come watch the filming/racing and get in the spirit, dress 70s.”

Old 1 May 2012, 20:53 (Ref:3068085)   #86
BobHWS
Veteran

United States
Winston-Salem, NC
Assuming that this happened during Tuesday's filming, maybe it was not such a good idea to film in the rain.

Who Crashed A $3.4 Million Ferrari On The Set Of Rush?

Racing cars are meant to race, not sit in garages and rot away. But racing means crashing, and this picture of a broken Ferrari 312T — a Formula One car from the late 70s — on the set of Ron Howard's Rush is one sad reminder of the fact...

Old 2 May 2012, 08:55 (Ref:3068208)   #87
Andrew Kitson
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Andrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Some of my photos from Snetterton on Tuesday:

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...1&l=52e1637439
Old 2 May 2012, 09:18 (Ref:3068212)   #88
nicanary
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Newtownards Co.Down
nicanary has a real shot at the podium!nicanary has a real shot at the podium!nicanary has a real shot at the podium!nicanary has a real shot at the podium!
All the remarks in the "Great British Moan" thread about the weather of late are now made redundant! (By the way, it's almost dry in Ulster!)

Now THAT is like Fuji '76, especially if they successfully CGI the background. I think the rain at the time was probably worse than that, but it'll do.

Those who read my posts will know that I always moan about the weather at Snetterton, but it has occurred to me that most British circuits were/are like that, since they were formed from old airfield perimeter roads - airfields of necessity were constructed in areas with little or no surrounding woodland, and thus were exposed to the elements.

Can't wait to see this film - Ron Howard dosn't usually disappoint.
Old 2 May 2012, 09:30 (Ref:3068215)   #89
Andrew Kitson
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Snett has always had a bad press regarding the weather, unfairly. In the early 60s it was nicknamed 'The Blasted Heath'. People always complain that it is windy.....it's an old airfield, it needed open spaces and wind!

Plus the fact the major events in the 1960s, when the world's journalists would turn up to write about it..the Lombank Trophy F1 race (and Easter Internationals) were always held early in the year when winter was sometimes not fully gone. Then the Autosport 3-hour race was always late Setember...likewise the winter 'cold' could visit early.

Many will tell you they have been baking hot at Snetterton in the summer..no trees, no shade and sometimes unbearable and dusty. Look at the HSCC meeting..usually great weather every year in June. This April past has certainly been different to last year. There was a gap from mid February until May when not a single drop of rain fell on Snetterton..
Old 2 May 2012, 09:49 (Ref:3068221)   #90
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Who are the lucky drivers?
Old 2 May 2012, 10:00 (Ref:3068224)   #91
johngee
#WhatAreHashTags
Veteran

johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!
I quote the late Peter Swinger (Author of 'Motor Racing Circuits of England - Then and Now') who was a long term competitor and senior official at Snetterton.
"There are only two trees between Snetterton and Siberia ..... and one of those has blown down"
Seriously, it's a great circuit - always was and, with the recent improvements, will continue to be so. I don't think the weather is any worse than any other circuit - which we all know have 'micro climates' all of their own.
Old 2 May 2012, 10:25 (Ref:3068227)   #92
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Well, filming conditions look an ideal replica for the Fuji final anyway...
Old 2 May 2012, 10:31 (Ref:3068228)   #93
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Down F0rce View Post
Who are the lucky drivers?
I believe Rob Austin has been doing some of it as some of the cars belong to his father. He certainly did some of the driving at the 'Ring a few weeks ago.
Old 2 May 2012, 13:19 (Ref:3068288)   #94
BobHWS
Veteran

United States
Winston-Salem, NC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Kitson View Post
Some of my photos from Snetterton on Tuesday:

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...1&l=52e1637439
Andrew, those are great shots, the best we've seen yet of the filming--thanks!

BTW, I own a copy of your print, "The 2000 Eleven."

Old 10 May 2012, 01:52 (Ref:3072017)   #95
BobHWS
Veteran

United States
Winston-Salem, NC
A story from a local newspaper about this week's filming:

Hollywood director Ron Howard filming F1 blockbuster Rush at Cadwell Park

A HOLLYWOOD film director is currently shooting scenes for his new blockbuster at a Wolds race track.

Oscar-winning director Ron Howard, started filming at Cadwell Park on Monday for his new film, Rush...

Filming continues today [Wed.] and tomorrow [Thu.] from 9am to 5pm.

Old 10 May 2012, 16:14 (Ref:3072304)   #96
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
All I can say is, thank goodness Michael Bay isn't making this movie.
Old 10 May 2012, 16:23 (Ref:3072308)   #97
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobHWS View Post
Filming in the rain Tuesday at Snetterton:

Video of 1970s F1 cars at Snetterton as part of Ron Howard film ‘Rush’
Tuesday, May 1, 2012
5:46 PM

Thanks for the link. It was wonderful to hear the sound of a DFV again, brought back loads of memories.

The variety of car designs was something else back then. I always found the '70s a fantastic era in F1. What we have now pales by comparison as far as I'm concerned.
Old 10 May 2012, 20:11 (Ref:3072404)   #98
Wendy Wool
Rookie

Wendy Wool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
When does filming continue at Brands?
Old 10 May 2012, 20:48 (Ref:3072413)   #99
Absolute Control
Rookie

Absolute Control should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thats Jim from Absolute Control Signs and Graphics Ltd in the picture (my other half) He's in Cadwell Park doing a lot of the graphics for the film. He wrapped the Orange March 761 you have in the other picture too. Updates and pics being posted on twitter if anyone wants to follow https://twitter.com/#!/absolutesigns

Ron Howard is also posting updates @RealRonHoward.

Jims having a great time on set, I'm sooo jealous

Louise xxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobHWS View Post
A story from a local newspaper about this week's filming:

Hollywood director Ron Howard filming F1 blockbuster Rush at Cadwell Park

A HOLLYWOOD film director is currently shooting scenes for his new blockbuster at a Wolds race track.

Oscar-winning director Ron Howard, started filming at Cadwell Park on Monday for his new film, Rush...

Filming continues today [Wed.] and tomorrow [Thu.] from 9am to 5pm.

Old 10 May 2012, 23:49 (Ref:3072476)   #100
BobHWS
Veteran

United States
Winston-Salem, NC
Rush got the Hollywood PR treatment when it was featured on tonight's edition of the US daily entertainment show, Entertainment Tonight. The ET video is worth watching. Chris Hemsworth really looks a lot like James Hunt.

I'm hoping that the movie is successful as both a realistic racing movie and a good story. With Ron Howard as director, it has a good chance to be just that.

Chris Hemsworth Feels the 'Rush'
By DAVID WEINER
etonline.com
May 10, 2012

...So, first and foremost, is Chris an adrenalin junkie? "I read something about the guys who do things like this and why, and it's a need to kind of feel like they're in the moment," explains the Aussie star. "When you're kind of flirting with death like that, you can't be anywhere else but in that position, and there's something very satisfying about it. … I think we all have elements of that. That's why we bungee jump or do stupid things..."

"I don't think anyone's ever made a good racing movie like this, says Olivia. "I mean, this is introducing people who don't know about Formula 1 to the sport in a way that will make you hooked. … You're basically sitting in a little bomb and flying around a track at 170 miles per hour. It's intense."

Set against the sexy, glamorous and spectacular golden age of Formula 1 racing, Rush finds Hemsworth as the charismatic English playboy Hunt, while Inglourious Basterds star Brühl plays the methodical Austrian perfectionist Lauda -- two men whose clashes on the Grand Prix racetrack epitomized the contrast between their extraordinary personalities and pushed them to the physical and psychological breaking point.