Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > IRL Indycar Series

Old 11 May 2005, 18:17 (Ref:1298519)   #76
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
In Tuesday's Indy Star, Penske's team Tim Cindric commented on the pssibility of running a third car this month...

His Quote: "Not a Chance"

The 34 that I am counting up there includes the 3rd Foyt car.

So if you think AJ will do it only to fill the field, we have Beck...with no money to run his car unless a driver comes to him with a package...

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 11 May 2005, 21:33 (Ref:1298720)   #77
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
GP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Northcutt

at least as it stands right now...and I haven't heard any word yet about who might be wandering in Gasoline Alley with a helmet in hnad to try to land a seat....
I heard Jenson Button and Takuma Sato have been wandering around the paddock looking for work...

Danica Patrick
Old 12 May 2005, 06:58 (Ref:1298909)   #78
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Given that they will be racing in the European GP at the Nurburgring the same day the Indy 500 is held, that joke falls down a bit
Old 12 May 2005, 08:13 (Ref:1298948)   #79
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kicking-back
Given that they will be racing in the European GP at the Nurburgring the same day the Indy 500 is held, that joke falls down a bit
Hm, I didn't know F-1 would race again just one week after Monaco. Going to be one heckuva motorsport marathon that Sunday: Nurburgring GP - Indy 500 - Coca-Cola 600. Can't wait
Old 14 May 2005, 02:40 (Ref:1300489)   #80
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Now that Paul Dana is out of the Indy 500 due to a spinal fracture, the question comes up yet again...

Who will hemelgarn get to replace him?

Did the ethanol $$$ come to that team because of Dana's involvement?

Will this impact Hemelgarn's ability to race the rest of the year?

I don't know the answers to any of these questions...just asking

Old 14 May 2005, 03:48 (Ref:1300506)   #81
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
thats been confirmed then has it Tim ?

a huge shame for Dana and my best wishes go out to him.

I know he has come under some scrutiny here and im sure right around many forums on the net but no matter what you think he didnt deserve that kind of injury and I just hope he can return to full fitness.

Obviously I dont know the full extent of his injuries but i wish him well.
Old 14 May 2005, 07:34 (Ref:1300536)   #82
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcus
thats been confirmed then has it Tim ?
As I posted in the practice thread last night, Dr. Bock was quoted as ruling out Dana from the race.
Old 14 May 2005, 08:54 (Ref:1300571)   #83
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Amazingly, as it stands were are down to 31 solid entries - only 2 Penskes, only 2 Foyts right now, no Beck yet, no Hemelgarn driver right now, and PDM not running in their own right. I really hope some guys will come forward with a wallet in one hand and an ROP passs in the other, as in the past.

Bad news for Dana, I hope he will return in due course.
Old 14 May 2005, 09:01 (Ref:1300573)   #84
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Very sad for Dana. It's just not been his season thus far, has it?
Old 14 May 2005, 09:18 (Ref:1300580)   #85
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
anybody know any links to a video of the crash besides the crappy ESPN one ?
Old 14 May 2005, 12:30 (Ref:1300667)   #86
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Quote:

Try a local station hee in Indianapolis...They aired footage last night, but I don't know if they have it on their site...

www.wishtv.com

Old 14 May 2005, 14:15 (Ref:1300744)   #87
jondownunder
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
jondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
They have a couple of downloadable videos of the accident (along with Rice & Manning clips) at http://www.crashin.nu/forum (you'll have to register, then go to "Crashin Forums - Crash Related" --> Videos --> Indy practice 2005.

Sorry if that's long-winded, but I don't think they'd appreciate me reposting the direct links in another forum.
Old 15 May 2005, 14:55 (Ref:1301497)   #88
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
The Indy Star reports this morning that Hemelgarn has not announced a replacement for Paul Dana yet, but either Roberto Moreno or Jimmy Kite is expected to be the replacement driver.

Old 15 May 2005, 17:11 (Ref:1301582)   #89
jondownunder
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
jondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Shame about the circumstances, but it would be great to see Moreno back if he gets the drive
Old 15 May 2005, 17:34 (Ref:1301594)   #90
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Agreed - Roberto's one of the nicest guys you could hope to meet, and could add a lot to a smaller team. I'm not sure if he's still got it though, he struggled in his nlast ChampCar season.
Old 16 May 2005, 08:36 (Ref:1301962)   #91
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
I love Roberto , he has to be one of my all time favorite drivers , so I hope he can get a run , Jimmy Kite , I like him too but can be a bit crashy if you know what I mean and hasnt really shone in his few Truck races this year .

either way Im happy but Im hoping Pupo can get the ride
Old 16 May 2005, 12:15 (Ref:1302137)   #92
N I Tram
Veteran

N I Tram should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd prefer it to go to Moreno as well - although ideally I'd love to see both those guys on the grid.
Old 16 May 2005, 13:27 (Ref:1302193)   #93
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Beck Motorsports apparently will have Arie Luyendyk, Jr. in their car when practice resumes on Wednesday...

Old 16 May 2005, 14:32 (Ref:1302248)   #94
N I Tram
Veteran

N I Tram should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great news there Tim - he's got the potential to do really well. A shame it's a late deal, but at least they should be able to qualify.
Old 16 May 2005, 14:33 (Ref:1302253)   #95
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
BTW...the Beck news was in today's Indy Star....

Old 16 May 2005, 15:18 (Ref:1302287)   #96
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
GP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good to see Greg Ray doing some commentating in the ESPN booth yesterday. Nice to know he's alive and well! He was actually pretty good to. He couldn't secure sponsorship and financing for his team this season which is a shame.

He told the IndyStar, "I wouldn't have agreed to the TV stuff if there was something imminent."

Danica Patrick
Old 16 May 2005, 15:25 (Ref:1302292)   #97
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Good news for Arie and Beck
Old 17 May 2005, 08:31 (Ref:1302822)   #98
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
have seen much of Arie Jnr , is he any good , I mean surely he's no Arie snr right ?

Just curious as to what people think of him and how he will go ?
Old 17 May 2005, 20:44 (Ref:1303233)   #99
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
Quote:
have seen much of Arie Jnr , is he any good , I mean surely he's no Arie snr right ?

Just curious as to what people think of him and how he will go ?
I think he has real possibilities. He is one of the four young drivers that I think can really do well, and be very good for this series at the same time. Along with Al Unser, Marco Andretti, and the Foyts, they really represent the future of IndyCar racing IMO.

Arie has raced twice this year, and has a 4th and 5th place finish. Last year, he finished third in points, in 03, seventh, and in 02 he came in second. He is also the only driver to have started in all 31 IPS races, so he has been around and know the tracks to.

IMO, if he doesn't overdrive, he can do reasonably well at Indy, and with a 2 time winner like his father, the sky's the limit!

Danica Patrick
Old 17 May 2005, 20:52 (Ref:1303236)   #100
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
It's a tough challenge for anyone to come in at this stage, but I agree that Arie Jr doing well and proving to be a chip off the old block could be good news for the series.

Referring to your signature GP, have you got any real news about Jeff? Do you think it's possibel that he is the rumoured IRL figure who is headed for ChampCars? I agree that its a shame he hasn't had a chance this year.