Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 5 Jun 2006, 13:42 (Ref:1627598)   #76
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Nope! I'll wait and see what others say!
Old 5 Jun 2006, 15:58 (Ref:1627690)   #77
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by PascaLM
I'm afraid that the Champagne or the Grand Marnier stands have disappeared. I think that they will be moved.
For the meeting, don't worry, there will be enough to drink (I will bring Gewurtztraminer).
Bernard and I found a place near a big tree, at the entrance of the new village. Bernard is going to publish photos in order to direct us.

Now, which schedule do we choose : 12h00 or 13h00 ?
Noooooo!! I wanted champagne!!
Old 5 Jun 2006, 16:22 (Ref:1627705)   #78
rejones2004
Rookie

United Kingdom
Leeds, UK
rejones2004 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi, I'm a newbie to this site and also to Le Mans this year. Any advice on what (or not) to take in terms of kit, etc?
Also, anyone out there staying on the Porsche site or know if there's a good vantage point from the Porsche Curves?
Any advice greatfully received.
BTW I'm well impressed with the enthusiasm on this site - even more excited about going now!!
Cheers,
-rej
Old 5 Jun 2006, 16:31 (Ref:1627712)   #79
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rejones2004
Hi, I'm a newbie to this site and also to Le Mans this year. Any advice on what (or not) to take in terms of kit, etc?
Also, anyone out there staying on the Porsche site or know if there's a good vantage point from the Porsche Curves?
Any advice greatfully received.
BTW I'm well impressed with the enthusiasm on this site - even more excited about going now!!
Cheers,
-rej
welcome here ! I hope you'll come and meet us TT members during the "official" meeting

to answer you're question, basically, all you need to take is your credit card
seriously, wasn't there a site listing the essential equipment to take to Le Mans? can't remember where I saw this ...
Old 5 Jun 2006, 16:57 (Ref:1627727)   #80
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!
I found the thread about this in the trackside forum

http://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=83832

plenty of usefull links there
Old 5 Jun 2006, 17:16 (Ref:1627746)   #81
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suze
Noooooo!! I wanted champagne!!

Don't worry, there's bound to be champagne there still - and GM crepes too.......

Thanks for the pics Bernard. The old place is gonna look pretty strange - more history obliterated........

I'm happy any time - but I guess 12.30 or 1.00 pm makes sense.
Old 5 Jun 2006, 17:50 (Ref:1627767)   #82
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
the new village is not that bad; in facts it's pretty well done (when finished)

it's just not the old-fashioned village we used to know (and love) anymore
Old 5 Jun 2006, 18:14 (Ref:1627784)   #83
Suze
Veteran

England
That's what I'm after Ayse... Well, and croissant too will do!

How far is the meeting place from, say, the pit grandstand area?
Old 5 Jun 2006, 18:44 (Ref:1627815)   #84
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!

I'll miss you too, mates

Old 5 Jun 2006, 18:52 (Ref:1627827)   #85
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
We will drink to your health, Fab !
Old 5 Jun 2006, 19:12 (Ref:1627840)   #86
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
you know you'll always be the spirit of these meetings, Fab
Old 5 Jun 2006, 19:16 (Ref:1627842)   #87
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
Quote:
That's what I'm after Ayse... Well, and croissant too will do!

How far is the meeting place from, say, the pit grandstand area?
it's less than 5 minutes walk from main entrance, same time from paddock area
and about 10-15 minutes from grandstands opposite the pits
Old 5 Jun 2006, 19:17 (Ref:1627844)   #88
Suze
Veteran

England
Hms ok....
Old 5 Jun 2006, 22:02 (Ref:1627994)   #89
Erw
Racer

Netherlands
Amersfoort, Holland
Erw should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi,

Can anybody tell me if i can reach the Porsche curves from inside the track on foot?

Thnx
Old 6 Jun 2006, 05:06 (Ref:1628144)   #90
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fab
I'll miss you too, mates.........
See you in 2007 then, Fab!
Old 6 Jun 2006, 07:59 (Ref:1628240)   #91
AllonFS
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bristol, UK
AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fab

I'll miss you too, mates

Really sorry you won't be there mon ami, see you in 2007.
Old 6 Jun 2006, 11:04 (Ref:1628377)   #92
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fab

I'll miss you too, mates

Its going to seem really strange without you this year....... Hope to see you back in 07.
Old 6 Jun 2006, 11:25 (Ref:1628401)   #93
Kpy
Veteran

Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erw
Hi,

Can anybody tell me if i can reach the Porsche curves from inside the track on foot?

Thnx
Not legally
Old 6 Jun 2006, 11:34 (Ref:1628411)   #94
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erw
Hi,

Thnx
Just nip outside and walk it from there.......
Old 6 Jun 2006, 17:16 (Ref:1628652)   #95
Asp
Race Official
Veteran

England
Cumbria, UK
Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!
Any news on the potential gathering on Friday?
I'm afraid I need to back in Paris by Saturday , but whilst being in the appropriate country I wasn't not going to head down at all, so will be making a brief appearance as a 'taster'!
Old 6 Jun 2006, 17:26 (Ref:1628658)   #96
Suze
Veteran

England
Then next year the whole hog?! Gonna be fun!
Old 6 Jun 2006, 18:00 (Ref:1628674)   #97
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asp
Any news on the potential gathering on Friday?
we used to meet at 3pm on the pit lane wall facing Pescarolo's garage
it's quite good for those arriving late and for those leaving early for the parade
Old 6 Jun 2006, 18:08 (Ref:1628678)   #98
Suze
Veteran

England
I'll follow Asp....!
Old 6 Jun 2006, 19:19 (Ref:1628733)   #99
Asp
Race Official
Veteran

England
Cumbria, UK
Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
I'll follow Asp....!
Oh heck, I appear to have found a groupie...
Old 6 Jun 2006, 20:31 (Ref:1628779)   #100
Suze
Veteran

England
In your dreams my dear

I was hoping you might have more knowledge of where to go than me!