Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 5 Dec 2002, 15:46 (Ref:443408)   #76
SFonseca
Veteran

Portugal
Canelas, Portugal
SFonseca should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How about the new Japanese Star team?? Suzuki/Kondo and Katayama!!

Japanese Power!!!
Old 5 Dec 2002, 15:55 (Ref:443412)   #77
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by SFonseca
How about the new Japanese Star team?? Suzuki/Kondo and Katayama!!

Japanese Power!!!
But with a nicer paint than the 2002' Kondo R8...
Old 6 Dec 2002, 13:14 (Ref:444151)   #78
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
anything would be a nicer paintjob that the 2002 kondo

btw...did anyone else see the tiny rumour that bentley may approach edmund irvine?
Old 6 Dec 2002, 13:32 (Ref:444169)   #79
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yes, I saw that.

What on earth for?

Just bring back Andy Wallace. In a sportscar, I know who I'd choose.

Am I the only person who thinks said Edmund is hugely overrated?
Old 6 Dec 2002, 14:44 (Ref:444247)   #80
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
not sure if he's overrated or not....dreadful bloke though!
Old 7 Dec 2002, 19:34 (Ref:445196)   #81
Russfeld
Veteran

Russfeld should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He'd be more than fast enough for Le Mans though
Old 8 Dec 2002, 09:07 (Ref:445448)   #82
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
But would La Sarthe be big enough to contain his ego?
Old 8 Dec 2002, 19:49 (Ref:445759)   #83
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi
Yes, I saw that.

What on earth for?

Just bring back Andy Wallace. In a sportscar, I know who I'd choose.

Am I the only person who thinks said Edmund is hugely overrated?
No I would second that...............
Old 8 Dec 2002, 20:51 (Ref:445785)   #84
Russfeld
Veteran

Russfeld should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
only within F1 terms though, and lets be fair whilst there is great drivers outside of F1, an F1 driver is more than capable of doing Le Mans.

This wouldnt be Irvine's first trip around the place either remember.
Old 8 Dec 2002, 23:49 (Ref:445917)   #85
SL
Veteran

SL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Darn well near won it in 93 was it ? with Jeff Krosnoff and Martini.

Toyota was running well and I think leading when a clonk just passing the pits meant a broken gear linkage. Krosnoff driving managed to cobble a repair and limp around a full lap for repairs. I think it was Irvine who got in and raced around to finish just 2nd 1 or 2 laps behind

Simon
Old 9 Dec 2002, 17:04 (Ref:446406)   #86
Nordic
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Nordic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by SL
Darn well near won it in 93 was it ? with Jeff Krosnoff and Martini.

Toyota was running well and I think leading when a clonk just passing the pits meant a broken gear linkage. Krosnoff driving managed to cobble a repair and limp around a full lap for repairs. I think it was Irvine who got in and raced around to finish just 2nd 1 or 2 laps behind

Simon
Thats right, did't he barge his through past Boutsen in the dying minutes?

On a less imprssive note he also hit the Simpson Ferrari 348 on the warm up lap and stopped it from stating.

Personally I think there are better options open to Bentley, driver wise than Irvine.
Old 10 Dec 2002, 08:23 (Ref:446799)   #87
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally posted by Nordic

On a less imprssive note he also hit the Simpson Ferrari 348 on the warm up lap and stopped it from stating.
Yep - put the driver in hospital and ended Simpson's 24 Hours. Didn't even have the good grace to apologise either (from what I heard at the time).

The guy was very fast. He certainly made the last few minutes of the 94 Le Mans (not '93) pretty exciting, barging his way past Boutsen for 2nd place.

I don't necessary agree with the idea that because you're an F1 driver you'll automatically cut the mustard at Le Mans. Its a completely different game.
Old 10 Dec 2002, 13:40 (Ref:446962)   #88
Brant
Rookie

Brant should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I agree, not all drivers have the mechanical sympathy suited to endurance racing.
Old 10 Dec 2002, 13:51 (Ref:446971)   #89
kdr
Veteran

the grundian reports that edmund has been offered a drive by bentley at next years race...but eddie is still waiting to see if he secures a drive with jordan.
Old 10 Dec 2002, 18:16 (Ref:447170)   #90
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally posted by kdr
the grundian reports that edmund has been offered a drive by bentley at next years race...but eddie is still waiting to see if he secures a drive with jordan.
So if Eddie (Jordan, that is) has any sense, Irvine will be racing at Le Mans then?

If Irvine effectively has a Bentley seat promised him over Wallace (yes, I know I go on.....), the powers that be at Bentley are extremely short-sighted. IMO
Old 11 Dec 2002, 14:27 (Ref:447634)   #91
Brant
Rookie

Brant should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anyone know what Oreca's up to this year? Sounds like the Dallara program is over. Last I heard of was talk of a CART entry.
Old 11 Dec 2002, 15:34 (Ref:447697)   #92
E46
Veteran

Spain
Zaragoza, Reino de Aragón
E46 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No Oreca program published yet, I believe.
Old 11 Dec 2002, 17:12 (Ref:447738)   #93
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Looking for customers for the Dallara
Old 11 Dec 2002, 17:40 (Ref:447756)   #94
lowieracing
Racer

lowieracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i believe that bentley are aiming to sign many of the audi drivers from last years audi factory squad?
Old 11 Dec 2002, 17:52 (Ref:447765)   #95
E46
Veteran

Spain
Finally no, Joest next year will have the same drivers that this year. No Audi star drivers for Bentley. : ) : )
Old 11 Dec 2002, 18:37 (Ref:447789)   #96
SFonseca
Veteran

Portugal
Canelas, Portugal
SFonseca should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tom and Dindo are likely to join to Bentley dream team. Yes, Graham is right, Oreca is looking for customers for the Dallara!! The CART program seems to be death and Oreca have an agreement to run Renault S1600 in French Rally Championship.
Old 11 Dec 2002, 19:03 (Ref:447800)   #97
E46
Veteran

Spain
Oreca in rally??? This isn´t the Hughes de Chaunac that I have known:confused:
Old 11 Dec 2002, 19:38 (Ref:447812)   #98
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by E46
Finally no, Joest next year will have the same drivers that this year. No Audi star drivers for Bentley. : ) : )
Somehow I think that we may see 1 or 2 of Audi's start drivers, in a Bentley next year.
Old 11 Dec 2002, 20:14 (Ref:447831)   #99
E46
Veteran

Spain
Quote:
Somehow I think that we may see 1 or 2 of Audi´s start drivers, in a Bentley next year.
I have to read more the info of your web.
Old 13 Dec 2002, 15:40 (Ref:449116)   #100
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by E46
Oreca in rally??? This isn´t the Hughes de Chaunac that I have known:confused:
Lack of Oreca on the starting grid is THE real bad news for the 2003 race... they could challenge ! Remember the 2002 PQ sunday in the middle of the afternoon... best lap time !

Last edited by Fab; 13 Dec 2002 at 15:41.