Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 24 Oct 2008, 16:33 (Ref:2320082)   #76
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Whatever floats your boat!

As it happens I know that one member of Ron's team posts here under a real name. You lot just don't take notice!

As to benchmarks.

On another thread I looked at some old results sheets from Spa and although we were dog slow we beat a number of cars that now (even though my car is faster) I can't get near! Go figure.
Old 24 Oct 2008, 18:05 (Ref:2320148)   #77
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They have spent a lot more money ?
Old 24 Oct 2008, 18:17 (Ref:2320158)   #78
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I've spent a (****ing) lot more money. Just that you can only spend so much inside the regs.
Old 24 Oct 2008, 18:25 (Ref:2320166)   #79
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And the key word is? Thats right,its "Inside".
Old 25 Oct 2008, 07:05 (Ref:2320386)   #80
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Why don't someone start a thread her 'Cheating in Historics' and get on with it because every thread seems to end up oing down this line so youmay as well start one and stay on topic. As for two scrutineering sections one for elligibiliy and one for safety, well thats exactly what happens at CTCRC rounds and the cars are checked. I have heard rumour of this elusive capacity checker, is this just that, rumour or does such a device exist and is it being used because i tell you what if it did exist it would put an end to 90% of the allegations.
Old 25 Oct 2008, 07:39 (Ref:2320395)   #81
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Perhaps not a bad idea,a "Whistle Blowers Section".We all know about MGBs and the 1950/2100 engines,4synchro Gear Boxe's,V8 Brake Discs/Calipers.Carbon Fibre Hardtops,Batteries being BulkHead Mounted[this did not happen till late 66 early67,GTS "C".]Lose's a little weight with short batterie cable.
Lotus Cortinas using 2 Ltr engines,Suspension Pick Ups being moved.
E/Types running 5Ltr,5 Speed Dog Boxe's.
Cobras using 8Ltr plus engines,possibly applies to many V8s.
Electronic,mapable ignition systems on V8s.
Nah,cant see it working Al.
Old 25 Oct 2008, 08:13 (Ref:2320402)   #82
rogerwills
Veteran

New Zealand
London
rogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Is there a way a thread can be created where posts are anonymous?

Could be interesting!
Old 25 Oct 2008, 08:21 (Ref:2320406)   #83
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
But could all of the post's be belived,some might find it funny to put up things that ARE just fabrications.
There are quite a few posters who are anonymous already Roger,is it possible to take them seriously?

Last edited by terence; 25 Oct 2008 at 08:24.
Old 25 Oct 2008, 08:26 (Ref:2320410)   #84
rogerwills
Veteran

New Zealand
London
rogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
You scared??
Old 25 Oct 2008, 08:42 (Ref:2320412)   #85
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Bending the rules seems to continue to be endemic in all forms of Historic racing.
With the monetary problems in the world and the probable reduction in numbers racing there will be even less interest in pushing the cheats out by organisers
The subject has been discussed many,many times on this forum and things don't improve.Back to thread !
Old 25 Oct 2008, 08:52 (Ref:2320413)   #86
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerwills
You scared??
Certainly not,I have always played by the book,why should'nt the rest.I'm not one for fooling myself when it comes to racing,just cant see the point! Sid asked for some cars to be put up for scrutiny,he has at least one!

Last edited by terence; 25 Oct 2008 at 08:55.
Old 25 Oct 2008, 09:18 (Ref:2320425)   #87
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Terry,Why worry about it.Your favorite race ,6HR,I would be surprised if more than 30% of cars were actually legal
Old 25 Oct 2008, 09:38 (Ref:2320437)   #88
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Your right John,it is my favorite but hopefully not the only time I'll be out next year in the B.I dont lose sleep over it,I just hate cheats! As has been said many times over,get rid of most of them and the grids would improve,the racing would also improve with the cars being more evenly matched,then its down to the driver and NOT the car.
Do you not think your estimate of 30% is a little on the conservative side.
Another fact from Spa,it was the slowest B out the 13/14 that was first home of them all,what does that tell us,and yes,it was also one of the few that were legal,it did not get anywhere near a 3.06 though!

Last edited by terence; 25 Oct 2008 at 09:44.
Old 26 Oct 2008, 20:00 (Ref:2321258)   #89
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by john ruston
Terry,Why worry about it.Your favorite race ,6HR,I would be surprised if more than 30% of cars were actually legal
you flatter to decieve dear boy