Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 29 Jun 2023, 19:53 (Ref:4165877)   #76
356sc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Camberley
356sc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Scrutineering. Are you sure you're talking about LMC here? Since when this scrutibidulemachin?
I know - we are as surprised as you are!!!
60s endurance 1965 356sc #49
Mag 7's #60
Old 29 Jun 2023, 20:29 (Ref:4165883)   #77
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
C'est une grande fête, celle de la vraie automobile de sport, des véritables gentlemen et du sport*. And its no secret that some are more than encouraged to reach an acceptable speed in the straights. Safety first! So, if a 4CV Renault (750 in your country?) tries a dare devil overtaking when you're doing 220 kph don't be surprised!
La godasse, Marcel, la godasse de plomb!*
* In French because recently Adam said that he had to Google a phrase I wrote. It took a while before I realize that he had to Google a pigeon english phrase to have it translated in proper English! From an English living in the US, I guess its a compliment… Really!

Last edited by Gerard C; 29 Jun 2023 at 20:30. Reason: If you're asked…
Old 29 Jun 2023, 20:36 (Ref:4165885)   #78
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Our Scrutineer went and got a photo of a 40 DCOE. Just to make sure ours were correct . Checked we had points , checked the lights and we were done . That still took half an hour . Actually we weren’t done only got provisional ticket . Our Dr Bob had only put the roundals on one side of tha car . Had to que again today for another hour . Happy days in France . Anyway this is nothing compared to Scrutineering at Monaco . That’s for another day
Old 29 Jun 2023, 22:15 (Ref:4165894)   #79
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Our Scrutineer went and got a photo of a 40 DCOE.
Lookin for a Jenvey I suppose… Those scrutineers, when they have fun, they have fun! The "best" I saw was when following one of my poor jokes, they asked to a Brit competitor to strip the bonnet of a GT40 just to check the bulbs, when the 100 W lamps were forbidden.

Go to the commentator and ask for a wandering doctor carrying a roundel, always good fun!
Old 30 Jun 2023, 13:55 (Ref:4165950)   #80
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Plateau 1Q: Alfa 6C, Talbot (JR stable?) and another Alfa 6C. Best speeds Talbot/Talbot 193 kp/h. In another grid the best lorry is only 166 kp/h.

Will? Schneller!!
Old 30 Jun 2023, 15:13 (Ref:4165973)   #81
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Plateau 4, track declared wet. Hum…
Old 30 Jun 2023, 16:50 (Ref:4165981)   #82
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Elite 6'05", 356 5'59", track was wet I suppose. Many SZ's, YF and even a red flag stopping the plateau 4. Tomorrow is another day.
Old 30 Jun 2023, 16:54 (Ref:4165982)   #83
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Edit myself: Alfas in Plateau 1 are 8 C's not 6. Sorry John. Godasse!
Old 30 Jun 2023, 17:31 (Ref:4165983)   #84
356sc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Camberley
356sc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Different car, different engine, different carburettors and we are having fuel problems again!!!

Needle valve was sticking slightly so engine was getting flooded, and would not pull in top gear! We think it is now fixed but will need to run it in night quali to make sure - fingers crossed!
60s endurance 1965 356sc #49
Mag 7's #60
Old 30 Jun 2023, 17:37 (Ref:4165984)   #85
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Yes fingers crossed as you say. With so many changes leading to the same issue, wouldn't the suspect be the fuel and/or additive used? Just a thought. Seems the speed trap was not working during your session. Dont tell me……… THE squirrel? Again!
Old 30 Jun 2023, 17:59 (Ref:4165987)   #86
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Just out of my curiosity, do you have lead bars inside the main tank? it was common on the war planes during WW2.
I hope that you're ow sorted because the fresh air of the night might well hide the real engine mixture… Allez, les pt'its gars, on y croit, ça va watter fort. Godasse!
Old 30 Jun 2023, 19:24 (Ref:4166002)   #87
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
So Bob and Iain, are U doin'? Hope you don't find the straights too long for your Elite. One word: godasse!!!
Old 30 Jun 2023, 20:44 (Ref:4166008)   #88
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
All good thanks . Think they are an hour behind now . Elite going well and just very happy to be here . Spent done time with Will Bill and Anita . Lots of laughter . ?.Special place this ?
Old 1 Jul 2023, 00:22 (Ref:4166022)   #89
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
2.15 am and we are having pasta . Living the dream .?
Old 1 Jul 2023, 01:40 (Ref:4166028)   #90
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looking at the times it was great to see a 917 LH doing well in night practice. I don't know the history of that car and wether it's an original or not? I'd be surprised if it was?

Quali sessions looked very action packed.

The ERL grid is simply sublime, impossible to pick a favourite.

Be interested to know what spectator access is like this year.
Old 1 Jul 2023, 02:12 (Ref:4166032)   #91
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Good news, Iain, have fun . This track is for big boys leaving a kid's dream.

Surprised to see Tavares aka Dangerous Carlos on the entry list I thought he was banned for ever from any PA event. When it comes to be forgiven a daily income like his helps…
Old 1 Jul 2023, 06:46 (Ref:4166048)   #92
drbob
Racer

drbob should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rain during the night practice session last night. Very difficult conditions. Even though visibility was not good it was an absolutely famtastic experience being on the Mulsanne Straight at night in the rain. The session was red flagged not long after delta’s stint began. He was probably quite relieved at that.
Old 1 Jul 2023, 08:11 (Ref:4166054)   #93
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Good to read, Robert. Did you fix the heating windscreen issue you had some months ago? Yes its an experience if not the experience. Not surprised to read Mulsanne straight, which is now the correct word, but I think that before plateau 6 we should read Hunaudières… And now, GODASSE*!
* "Godasse" ou "mettre la godasse" could be translated as: just say floor!

Will, carb issues cleared? Can your Viton needles stand the modern fuel for a while? You too, GODASSE!
Old 1 Jul 2023, 08:20 (Ref:4166057)   #94
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Chris, does this work even in your down under area? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIDgA2TJqWA If not turn your screen!
Old 1 Jul 2023, 09:55 (Ref:4166059)   #95
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Chris, does this work even in your down under area? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIDgA2TJqWA If not turn your screen!
Works for me, thanks
Old 1 Jul 2023, 11:36 (Ref:4166073)   #96
drbob
Racer

drbob should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bonjour Gerard. The visibility problems have been cured by delta. I wouldn’t mind a longer wiper blade though haha. But the fogging problem on the screen is no longer an issue. delta has been busy changing the diff this morning so I made myself scarce. Something about ratios.
Old 1 Jul 2023, 12:48 (Ref:4166080)   #97
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Bonjour, Robert. Glad to hear you at last found you eye glasses, haha. Adjusting the ratio is very pro and between the chicanes and the showers and given the trafic it must be quite a challenge to make any accurate calculation. One word: GODASSE!
Old 1 Jul 2023, 14:10 (Ref:4166083)   #98
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I assume the current Bentley race has been put on especially for JR.

Good luck all.
Old 1 Jul 2023, 15:24 (Ref:4166100)   #99
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
I assume the current Bentley race has been put on especially for JR.
I did not dare this one! Weather report gives improvements…

Last edited by Gerard C; 1 Jul 2023 at 15:27. Reason: If you're asked…
Old 1 Jul 2023, 15:51 (Ref:4166102)   #100
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Talking about dear JR, I wonder how anyone can explain that a simple BMW 328 roadster can match the speed of a Talbot 105 in the straight…

Last edited by Gerard C; 1 Jul 2023 at 16:04.