Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 30 Jun 2004, 13:09 (Ref:1021415)   #76
spider
Veteran

England
London
spider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridspider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Cos - where's that info from matey?
Old 30 Jun 2004, 13:10 (Ref:1021417)   #77
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Up there.
Old 30 Jun 2004, 13:12 (Ref:1021419)   #78
spider
Veteran

England
London
spider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridspider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A reply goes up there before the question - how good is that...?!? My coat? I'm getting it...
Old 30 Jun 2004, 14:53 (Ref:1021541)   #79
f1truestory
Racer

f1truestory has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Any idea where is the best place to stand?

I reckon at the end of the long straight down near oxford street?
Old 30 Jun 2004, 19:22 (Ref:1021772)   #80
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The nearest pub with a tv is my suggestion.
Old 1 Jul 2004, 10:01 (Ref:1022253)   #81
PenelopePitstop
Racer

European Union
PenelopePitstop should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
maybe a silly question..... do we need to obtain tickets for this event, or can we just stand at the end of Oxford Street?
Old 1 Jul 2004, 10:03 (Ref:1022255)   #82
spider
Veteran

England
London
It's a PR event, so there won't be a ticket system. It'll be just a case of turn up early and grab a good spot!
Old 1 Jul 2004, 11:34 (Ref:1022364)   #83
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Rob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quotes from todays Autosport(editorial);
Q;Will I be able to get access to the pit area to see the cars and meet the drivers? A;NO
Q; Will I be able to get autographs of the racing teams taking part? A;NO
So no more customer friendly than Silverstone then?

Last edited by Rob29; 1 Jul 2004 at 11:36.
Old 1 Jul 2004, 11:40 (Ref:1022371)   #84
spider
Veteran

England
London
From F1's point of view, another opportunity missed then...

Is there going to be some kind of paddock area? Where will that go?
Old 1 Jul 2004, 12:59 (Ref:1022485)   #85
Super Tourer
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
Super Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Here is the 'running order' for the event, of which LG Electronics are to be the 'title sponsor'

http://www.pitpass.com/fes_php/pitpa...s_art_id=21521

Last edited by Super Tourer; 1 Jul 2004 at 13:04.
Old 1 Jul 2004, 13:52 (Ref:1022544)   #86
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Whilst its good to see the likes of Nigel mansell and Martin Brundle in the line up, it would be good to also see the drivers of "today". Shame that Michaels not in the Ferrari too.
Old 1 Jul 2004, 13:55 (Ref:1022546)   #87
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Rob29
Q;Will I be able to get access to the pit area to see the cars and meet the drivers? A;NO
What's the point of a demonstration then?? :confused:

Well, at least at Hangover Gardens you can buy F1 team merchandise, WOW! Merchandise!!

Last edited by ASCII Man; 1 Jul 2004 at 13:57.
Old 1 Jul 2004, 14:12 (Ref:1022562)   #88
spider
Veteran

England
London
I think it perfectly demo’s just how far attached F1 is from its fans!

There’s no good reason why all the teams can’t put out one of their racers! Michael would have drawn far more people than Luca Badoer…
Old 1 Jul 2004, 14:37 (Ref:1022590)   #89
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally posted by spider
I think it perfectly demo’s just how far attached F1 is from its fans!

There’s no good reason why all the teams can’t put out one of their racers! Michael would have drawn far more people than Luca Badoer…
Surely you mean detached?

Lets be honest here, when the cars go by you will only see a helmet top so does it really matter who is driving the car? I think the whole idea is to give people a taste of the speed and noise of a Formula 1 car in the hope it may attract new spectators or possibly the odd sponsor.

Maybe as motorsport fans we should applaud the idea of Formula 1 being showcased in London rather than knock the efforts of those who have managed to stage the event?
Old 1 Jul 2004, 14:41 (Ref:1022599)   #90
spider
Veteran

England
London
Detached would be what I meant, yup...I know where the door is...!

I think it's a good idea and TV really doesn't get across the acceleration, speed, or noise of an F1 car, but I honestly can't see why Michael isn't going?

But hey, if this is a HUGE success, you never know, it could come a regular attraction before the British GP? What will be going on though, is it just a case of one car at a time Goodwood-style, with the drivers showing off? If so, could be a good laugh! Never thought I'd see an F1 car drive down Regent Street...!?!
Old 1 Jul 2004, 14:56 (Ref:1022610)   #91
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
I believe its one after another.
Old 1 Jul 2004, 15:46 (Ref:1022642)   #92
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally posted by Rob29
According to pitpass the Jordan drivers will be there and signing autographs at various points during the day.

I also think it's a great idea for teams like Jordan and Jaguar to put a British ex F1 driver into their cars for the demo run - who are the British fans more likely to come and watch - Nick Heidfeld or Nigel Mansell? At the end of the day this event is a PR stunt promoting the sport so why not use well known British drivers.
Old 1 Jul 2004, 15:55 (Ref:1022654)   #93
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Exactly.

And DC and JB are both in it too.
Old 2 Jul 2004, 22:43 (Ref:1024168)   #94
mjolnir
Racer

Australia
Sydney
mjolnir should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Parade will culminate with all of the cars driving together in a procession along Regent Street, the sound of their collective 3-litre F1 engines contributing to what will be an awe-inspiring experience.

http://www.motorsport.com/news/artic...D=158779&FS=F1

hmm... procession... does that mean they'll actually be racing thru the streets?

Last edited by mjolnir; 2 Jul 2004 at 22:44.
Old 3 Jul 2004, 21:44 (Ref:1025212)   #95
Logrence
Veteran

Wales
Logrence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They're just trying to capture the true spirit of F1...

As far as I'm aware there will be entertainers in fancy dress there - corporate sponsors stuffing money down drains.
Old 3 Jul 2004, 21:48 (Ref:1025216)   #96
Tweed
Veteran

Wales
North Wales
Tweed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sounds like a Mardi Gras parade or something!
Old 4 Jul 2004, 01:52 (Ref:1025302)   #97
mjolnir
Racer

Australia
Sydney
mjolnir should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i meant it as a dig at the current state of f1 races... never mind...
Old 4 Jul 2004, 08:51 (Ref:1025505)   #98
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
er, I think everyone got that and Logrence replied as such!

Whatever its only a bit of fun.
Old 4 Jul 2004, 14:13 (Ref:1025807)   #99
fast95pony
Veteran

Canada
Calgary,Alberta,Canada
fast95pony should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe Sly Stalone will show up in a CART car and get mad at Kimi and....oh yeah,that was just a movie........

Old 4 Jul 2004, 14:57 (Ref:1025831)   #100
chezza
Veteran

England
Shrewton, Wiltshire
chezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Looking forward to going...think I'll go up early in the day and go shopping for a bit!! Hehe!!