Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 23 Nov 2012, 04:19 (Ref:3170077)   #76
Chris - Melb
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Chris - Melb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridChris - Melb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[QUOTE=Downoz;3170049]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris - Melb View Post
You said that he finished last of the full time drivers...
I said at the bottom. I really meant to say towards the bottom, my apologies.

I agree it's good having an Australian in the series. I would never have taken any notice of NASCAR without him being in there. I think that's a good thing, maybe.

I've almost given up watching the telecasts now because he doesn't have a chance of winning on ovals. The fast forward button gets a hard work over.

Now I'd much rather see him race here in V8 Supercar with a chance of winning, as long as it is in a Ford!
Old 23 Nov 2012, 04:30 (Ref:3170078)   #77
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Now I'd much rather see him race here in V8 Supercar with a chance of winning, as long as it is in a Ford!
FPR: Frequently fast but will blunder on strategy and cost him plenty of results, and he won't have the temper for it!

or

DJR: Run around in the 20s with the rest of the wallies.

Sounds great!
Old 23 Nov 2012, 04:43 (Ref:3170080)   #78
F J Nedos
Veteran

Australia
Canberra
F J Nedos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think FPR are pretty good with their balaclavas though...
Old 23 Nov 2012, 04:48 (Ref:3170083)   #79
Chris - Melb
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Chris - Melb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridChris - Melb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ford Performance Racing would not be tempted to go with risky strategy because Marcos would be way out in front!
Old 23 Nov 2012, 06:32 (Ref:3170097)   #80
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Ford Performance Racing would not be tempted to go with risky strategy because Marcos would be way out in front!
Until they didn't put enough fuel in his car...

There is one benefit though, if the #55 was ever in front, you could guarantee they'd 'strategise' it out of the way....
Old 23 Nov 2012, 06:44 (Ref:3170100)   #81
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
Until they didn't put enough fuel in his car...

There is one benefit though, if the #55 was ever in front, you could guarantee they'd 'strategise' it out of the way....
Hmm, FPR are the only ones at present that go anywhere near challenging T8..........if your opinion of FPR is so low I hate to think what your opinion of HRT is.........nothing personal, just saying.
Old 23 Nov 2012, 06:56 (Ref:3170102)   #82
Mixer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesport View Post
Hmm, FPR are the only ones at present that go anywhere near challenging T8..........if your opinion of FPR is so low I hate to think what your opinion of HRT is.........nothing personal, just saying.
HRT's car speed is ****, they have very little potential at the moment and GT sometimes maximises the potential.

FPR is a story of squandered potential week in week out.

1/4 of the way through the season Will was going great! But Will and Frosty were both fighting Jamie for the championship, and neither was consistent enough.
Old 23 Nov 2012, 07:02 (Ref:3170105)   #83
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
HRT's car speed is ****, they have very little potential at the moment and GT sometimes maximises the potential.

FPR is a story of squandered potential week in week out.

1/4 of the way through the season Will was going great! But Will and Frosty were both fighting Jamie for the championship, and neither was consistent enough.
But who is "consistent enough?"...........I'm wondering if any team will challenge T8 for the forseeable future.
Old 23 Nov 2012, 07:04 (Ref:3170107)   #84
Mixer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesport View Post
But who is "consistent enough?"...........I'm wondering if any team will challenge T8 for the forseeable future.
FPR should be looking to become more consistent, whether its strategy, reliability, economy, tyre wear or driver skill, they were shocking in parts of this year. Its an opportunity gone begging.

If you hav ea guy that wins half the time, and comes 2nd or 3rd the rest, he's impossible to beat if you win, then come 24th.
Old 23 Nov 2012, 07:09 (Ref:3170109)   #85
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
FPR should be looking to become more consistent, whether its strategy, reliability, economy, tyre wear or driver skill, they were shocking in parts of this year. Its an opportunity gone begging.

If you hav ea guy that wins half the time, and comes 2nd or 3rd the rest, he's impossible to beat if you win, then come 24th.
But havent they become more consistant this year. I'm doubtful there are too many rounds where they did not have a car on the podium. (just the enduros really)

yes i agree there is more work to do, but surely we would say there season was better than last year
Old 23 Nov 2012, 11:36 (Ref:3170178)   #86
Mixer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
yes i agree there is more work to do, but surely we would say there season was better than last year
For Frosty a little better but look at finishing position vs quali position for Will Davo.

They still let Frosty down too many times.
Old 24 Nov 2012, 02:00 (Ref:3170407)   #87
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
For Frosty a little better but look at finishing position vs quali position for Will Davo.

They still let Frosty down too many times.
In an ideal world... the new pilot of #9 for 2013 & beyond should probably be Mr Winterbottom...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 24 Nov 2012, 09:49 (Ref:3170478)   #88
Micklegend
Veteran

Australia
Canberra
Micklegend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMicklegend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
In an ideal world... the new pilot of #9 for 2013 & beyond should probably be Mr Winterbottom...
Whats in it for Frosty to pilot the #9?
Old 24 Nov 2012, 10:23 (Ref:3170494)   #89
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Micklegend View Post
Whats in it for Frosty to pilot the #9?
Besides not being at FPR?
Old 24 Nov 2012, 10:43 (Ref:3170503)   #90
Mixer
Veteran

Quote:
Sideways move. Been a long time since an SBR car has been a genuine front runner.
Old 25 Nov 2012, 08:04 (Ref:3170800)   #91
Micklegend
Veteran

Australia
Canberra
Micklegend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMicklegend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
The way I figure it is that there are only 2 better seats out there, and they are both taken. At this stage of the game you would think staying somewhere stable would be better than moving for the sake of moving.
Old 25 Nov 2012, 08:23 (Ref:3170802)   #92
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Micklegend View Post
The way I figure it is that there are only 2 better seats out there, and they are both taken. At this stage of the game you would think staying somewhere stable would be better than moving for the sake of moving.
Except one of the first signs of insanity is doing things you have always done and expecting a different result

Drivers switch teams for many reasons, a new challenge often one of them.
Old 26 Nov 2012, 09:45 (Ref:3171601)   #93
Micklegend
Veteran

Australia
Canberra
Quote:
Except one of the first signs of insanity is doing things you have always done and expecting a different result

Drivers switch teams for many reasons, a new challenge often one of them.
A decent reason I suppose GTR, however could also be a case (as far as teams with the intro of the COTF are concerned) that its better the devil you know? Especially when it comes to your engineer, support staff and the front office operations.

Plenty here are critical of FPR and the calls they have made for both cars at this different times, but they are proven to be the only ones to take up the fight to 888. Id suggest SBR arent fools with their engineering, but their lack of speed and setup at times has been surprising. I guess no more surprising to that of HRT this year....so as with most sports, if the front office aint right, the rest of the organisation and performance is a shambles.

Im putting my money on Erebus quoting "this is a rebuidling year" more than once (and Id suggest a few more teams doing the same to excuse poor results under COTF). the only exception being 888.

More of the same is my tip....however I'd love to see some different faces on the podium, as most fans would.
Old 27 Nov 2012, 01:41 (Ref:3171984)   #94
F J Nedos
Veteran

Australia
Canberra
F J Nedos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I can't see Frosty leaving ford...

Kind of eliminates SBR.

A real challenge for him would be to play with one of Dick's beasts.
Old 27 Nov 2012, 04:29 (Ref:3172018)   #95
kittle
Veteran

kittle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So with this story going around what awaits The Giz in 2014.

SBR ultimately granted his wish, but with a rumored one-year non-compete clause in place, it looks like van Gisbergen chose to sit out of next year’s championship - to hit the proverbial pause button - and wait to see what opportunities exist afterwards.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/motor-sp...#ixzz2DOU22l7I
Old 27 Nov 2012, 09:48 (Ref:3172101)   #96
glenn_a
Racer

Australia
not far from the paddocks of Oran Park
glenn_a should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by kittle View Post
So with this story going around what awaits The Giz in 2014.

SBR ultimately granted his wish, but with a rumored one-year non-compete clause in place, it looks like van Gisbergen chose to sit out of next year’s championship - to hit the proverbial pause button - and wait to see what opportunities exist afterwards.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/motor-sp...#ixzz2DOU22l7I

So could one read more into it, Stones don't want The Giz to race for anyone else next year whilst they still have a team. Come 2014 Stones go fishing no more V8 involvement and we don't really care who the Giz races for.
Old 27 Nov 2012, 09:56 (Ref:3172105)   #97
Mixer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenn_a View Post
So could one read more into it, Stones don't want The Giz to race for anyone else next year whilst they still have a team. Come 2014 Stones go fishing no more V8 involvement and we don't really care who the Giz races for.
If the guy is genuinely burnt out, despite the fact that he has a 3 year contract, how hard do you want to punish him?

I'm in 2 minds, if this is just a ruse to get out of his contract, he's a dog. If not, no harm done to the Stones, and I think they come out of this pretty well.
Old 27 Nov 2012, 10:13 (Ref:3172117)   #98
glenn_a
Racer

Australia
Quote:
If the guy is genuinely burnt out, despite the fact that he has a 3 year contract, how hard do you want to punish him?

I'm in 2 minds, if this is just a ruse to get out of his contract, he's a dog. If not, no harm done to the Stones, and I think they come out of this pretty well.
Without knowing the real reasons we are all just guessing, but it's interesting that once Ryan Maddison makes himself an office at SBR and relocates there on a permant basis, rumours surfaced about SVG and Holdsworth wanting out. One has turned out to be true. I have to wonder if he was burnt out or didn't like the change that was happening and the direction the ship is now heading.
Old 27 Nov 2012, 10:19 (Ref:3172121)   #99
glenn_a
Racer

Australia
Oops double post

Last edited by glenn_a; 27 Nov 2012 at 10:21. Reason: Double post
Old 27 Nov 2012, 11:10 (Ref:3172155)   #100
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenn_a View Post
Without knowing the real reasons we are all just guessing, but it's interesting that once Ryan Maddison makes himself an office at SBR and relocates there on a permant basis, rumours surfaced about SVG and Holdsworth wanting out. One has turned out to be true. I have to wonder if he was burnt out or didn't like the change that was happening and the direction the ship is now heading.
That sounds like the truth.........the Giz didn't want to work with the new people coming in..........they weren't there when he signed his last contract.