Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 20 Mar 2021, 19:57 (Ref:4041816)   #76
WyldStallion
Veteran

WyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
At this stage looks like cars are just circulating completing laps. Running real hard of course. I like this part of Sebring a lot if it stays green flag of course. Great time to just watch cars and listen to the engines.
Old 20 Mar 2021, 20:04 (Ref:4041818)   #77
WyldStallion
Veteran

WyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by belt driven View Post
Yes! Legge just did best lap in 88.

edit: And again!
Still considering how well the #16 and #9 Porsches are going. The #88 in the same car should be higher perhaps? I think Legge/Nielsen is one lap down. I don't know if something extra put them back though. Maybe someone here knows.
Old 20 Mar 2021, 20:08 (Ref:4041820)   #78
WyldStallion
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by belt driven View Post
Incar varies by car. 48 car has crashed (figuratively)
Timing says the #48 is on the lead lap in 5th. Looks like they are still in it. Not sure how much seat time Johnson has had though. Hope he gets more. Simon Pagenaud looks like is getting most of it so far. Saving Kamui for night time I guess.

Cooper MacNeil in the #79 Posche right now. About half a lap behind the #3 Corvette, goal for him is to get ouf of car on lead lap.
Old 20 Mar 2021, 20:10 (Ref:4041822)   #79
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
My day is the same. We’ve got a pinewood derby race again! Last one was during Daytona 24.

Cloudy and in the 70s during the afternoon. A small chance of rain.

Corvettes looking quick...
Yes! I was at Sebring one year and missed regional Pinewood Derby for both kids (their last ever, so I kinda regret it). But grandpa went and had to fix my illegal car and younger one took 2nd and was quicker than my setup. The old man still has it!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
The opening post has been updated with some linky items.
Yes!! I'm back home, in a chair with cold snacks

Last edited by fieldodreams79; 20 Mar 2021 at 20:17.
Old 20 Mar 2021, 20:13 (Ref:4041823)   #80
WyldStallion
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Yes! I was at Sebring one year and missed regional Pinewood Derby for both kids (their last ever, so I kinda regret it). But grandpa went and had to fix my illegal car and younger one took 2nd and was quicker than my setup. The old man still has it!!Yes!! I'm back home, in a chair with cold snakes
Me and my kid failed in our pinewood last week miseably. Wheels were way to woobly.
Old 20 Mar 2021, 20:13 (Ref:4041825)   #81
belt driven
Veteran

United States
NE exurban ATL
belt driven has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by WyldStallion View Post
Timing says the #48 is on the lead lap in 5th. Looks like they are still in it. Not sure how much seat time Johnson has had though. Hope he gets more. Simon Pagenaud looks like is getting most of it so far. Saving Kamui for night time I guess...
You don't pay attention to detail. I was referring to IMSA TV in car cameras. 48 cam has crashed permanently
Old 20 Mar 2021, 20:16 (Ref:4041826)   #82
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by WyldStallion View Post
Me and my kid failed in our pinewood last week miseably. Wheels were way to woobly.
Ha! I remember the pack leader at one saying "we're all here to have fun! Winning doesn't matter". I turned to someone and said "naw, playa"! We came for blood!!
Old 20 Mar 2021, 20:41 (Ref:4041831)   #83
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Yes! I was at Sebring one year and missed regional Pinewood Derby for both kids (their last ever, so I kinda regret it). But grandpa went and had to fix my illegal car and younger one took 2nd and was quicker than my setup. The old man still has it!!Yes!! I'm back home, in a chair with cold snacks
4th for my boy. He was gutted to miss out on a podium - “next year we go for the win!”. We won the pack, today was districts, so he’s only known wining! Not bad for first proper go (last year we entered a car, but were in England).

I have joined you in a chair with cold beer. Going to get snacks soon too...
Attached Thumbnails
52A34F0F-A106-4825-8091-C96618707FE0.jpeg  
Old 20 Mar 2021, 20:43 (Ref:4041832)   #84
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Ha! I remember the pack leader at one saying "we're all here to have fun! Winning doesn't matter". I turned to someone and said "naw, playa"! We came for blood!!
That is true until the cars are on track, then I’m glad we are watching on zoom!
Old 20 Mar 2021, 20:46 (Ref:4041834)   #85
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
It's IMSAs side, nothing any of us can do.
It’s been quite good for the last half hour or so. I’ve also put the radio on separately so that when it buffers the race kind of goes on. Not perfectly synced, but hey.
Old 20 Mar 2021, 21:05 (Ref:4041837)   #86
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
4th for my boy. He was gutted to miss out on a podium - “next year we go for the win!”. We won the pack, today was districts, so he’s only known wining! Not bad for first proper go (last year we entered a car, but were in England).

I have joined you in a chair with cold beer. Going to get snacks soon too...
District is what my kids did!! Not region.

4th is respectable but yeah; no hardware.

And what a coincidence!! A bit breezy and cool but a gorgeous day!! More cold snacks and a stogie!

Think the wife is gonna do some homemade wings....
Old 20 Mar 2021, 21:07 (Ref:4041839)   #87
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Mrs43 has just told me off for not having the timing screen up. I don’t deserve wings.
Old 20 Mar 2021, 21:09 (Ref:4041840)   #88
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
48 in trouble?
Old 20 Mar 2021, 21:12 (Ref:4041842)   #89
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Random (unimportant) thought. If you care about the comedy endurance points you get at the 4 hour and the 8 hour mark, what happens if someone gets an advantage by doing something naughty just before, grabs the points, but then serves the penalty just after?

(It was a long yellow and my mind wandered)
Old 20 Mar 2021, 21:22 (Ref:4041844)   #90
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Mrs43 has just told me off for not having the timing screen up. I don’t deserve wings.
gotta step it up!!

We're picking up wings, instead.
Old 20 Mar 2021, 21:44 (Ref:4041849)   #91
belt driven
Veteran

United States
NE exurban ATL
belt driven has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Looks curtains for AXR

edit: not as bad as it looked.

Last edited by belt driven; 20 Mar 2021 at 21:49.
Old 20 Mar 2021, 21:44 (Ref:4041850)   #92
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Wow. That's a mistake from Nasr. Not sure how they both escaped that is much as they did!
Old 20 Mar 2021, 21:52 (Ref:4041851)   #93
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Well, not sure that's a penalty for the #31....
Old 20 Mar 2021, 21:53 (Ref:4041852)   #94
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Stupid call to hand them a penalty IMO
Old 20 Mar 2021, 22:00 (Ref:4041853)   #95
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
District is what my kids did!! Not region.

4th is respectable but yeah; no hardware.

And what a coincidence!! A bit breezy and cool but a gorgeous day!! More cold snacks and a stogie!

Think the wife is gonna do some homemade wings....
Cold beer started at noon, Guinness on sale week so drink em like it's water.
Tried to post a picture of the day but tapatalk said no sir. Double stogie working in the yard day, new trellis 8' high for the beans and peas listening to Hindy for a bit.

Will NOT make it to the end of the race today. Yup, in bed before 10 on a Saturday because I'm old
Old 20 Mar 2021, 22:20 (Ref:4041859)   #96
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Super super close at the front.

Kebab (kebob as it’s known round here), bhajis and other lovely stuff for tea. No wings, so I still fail.
Old 20 Mar 2021, 22:28 (Ref:4041861)   #97
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Will they let the #10 get away with that?
It is an Acura after all ... Cue last season ...
Old 20 Mar 2021, 22:28 (Ref:4041862)   #98
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Hindy getting giddy!
Old 20 Mar 2021, 22:37 (Ref:4041863)   #99
JoeW04
Veteran

JoeW04 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJoeW04 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
An overly long imsa caution
Old 20 Mar 2021, 22:38 (Ref:4041865)   #100
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
I like the brake disc rolling on the pit lane