Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Closed Thread

Old 30 Oct 2006, 01:13 (Ref:1753187)   #76
kmchow
Veteran

kmchow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfa Fan
I don't think there's any real doubt that we'll have insufficient S2000 cars.

Looks as if we "should" have at least;

2/3x WSR (Chevrolet?)
1x Kartworld (Chevrolet?)
On another websote, Maurer Motorspot was quoted as saying they will have to continue with their '05 cars in '07 as no '06 spec cars are available? Does that mean WSR and/or Kartworld have already snapped up 3 primary+1 backup '06 spec cars? More strength to that rumor then??
Old 30 Oct 2006, 12:18 (Ref:1753526)   #77
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmchow
On another websote, Maurer Motorspot was quoted as saying they will have to continue with their '05 cars in '07 as no '06 spec cars are available? Does that mean WSR and/or Kartworld have already snapped up 3 primary+1 backup '06 spec cars? More strength to that rumor then??
Also a Danish team has planned to enter 2 or even 3 cars in DTC.
Old 30 Oct 2006, 14:15 (Ref:1753603)   #78
N I Tram
Veteran

N I Tram should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I guess Dynamics built theirs in the hope of winning races, and VXR built theirs in the hope of selling more cars. It's always nice when the former philosophy comes out on top.

Some Chevvies are overdue in the BTCC, I really hope that comes off.
Old 30 Oct 2006, 17:26 (Ref:1753717)   #79
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
None available.
Old 30 Oct 2006, 18:12 (Ref:1753749)   #80
Ranald
Racer

England
Oxford
Ranald should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My pal at Team Dynamics told me there has been some talk of building S2000 Honda Civics. But he also says that the team would rather buy cars as it is much cheaper than building.
Old 30 Oct 2006, 18:57 (Ref:1753780)   #81
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranald
My pal at Team Dynamics told me there has been some talk of building S2000 Honda Civics. But he also says that the team would rather buy cars as it is much cheaper than building.
Honda might be tempted to pay for some development themselves. The new Civic Type-R is launched in March. Considering they didn't support the JAS programme, maybe a TD led venture isn't impossible.

http://www.redh.co.uk

Though being two door again, would only be eligible for local homologation if they allow it.
Old 30 Oct 2006, 19:14 (Ref:1753792)   #82
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Saw pics on the net the other day of a new model Type R in silver heading somewhere (in the UK). Only interior parts it had were the dash and the driver's seat. Got me wondering if it was heading to a BTCC team, as it's a bit odd to see one going about already.
Old 30 Oct 2006, 19:17 (Ref:1753794)   #83
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I was talking to a BTCC Team Owner at Knockhill who told to run 2 S2000 cars, you will need to buy 3 cars.
Old 1 Nov 2006, 11:06 (Ref:1755161)   #84
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I see from today Motorsport News that Arena are trying to get there hands on 2 ex-Schnitzer BMW's.
Old 1 Nov 2006, 14:15 (Ref:1755327)   #85
Alfa Fan
Veteran

Alfa Fan has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
lol - the title is "Priaulx's BMW is bound for British action"

How did it become the Schnitzer cars? Arena are hoping to purchase both the 320is E90s that RBM have run in the WTCC this year for Andy Priaulx and Duncan Huisman
Old 1 Nov 2006, 17:36 (Ref:1755473)   #86
tin-top fan
Rookie

England
tin-top fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
as far as I know schnitzer build all of the bmw works cars, so i suppose these could be called schnitzer cars
Old 1 Nov 2006, 18:04 (Ref:1755497)   #87
Alfa Fan
Veteran

Suppose.
Old 1 Nov 2006, 19:19 (Ref:1755548)   #88
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfa Fan
lol - the title is "Priaulx's BMW is bound for British action"

How did it become the Schnitzer cars? Arena are hoping to purchase both the 320is E90s that RBM have run in the WTCC this year for Andy Priaulx and Duncan Huisman
I'm confused. They've only run Priaulx's car as far as I can remember. Huisman has been racing for ROAL Italy-Spain. And from what I read, Jan Magnussen will be racing his own Danish championship car at Macau under the RBM banner.
Old 1 Nov 2006, 22:01 (Ref:1755686)   #89
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Is there a consensus on how the 320si E90 would manage on British tracks ? Hope it's more competitive than it's predecessor.
Old 3 Nov 2006, 13:18 (Ref:1757121)   #90
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
It looks like the WSR MG's are up for sale:- http://www.motorsportads.co.uk/race-...cars/6842.html

I wonder what that means for WSR/Team RAC in 2007 ?
Old 3 Nov 2006, 14:58 (Ref:1757166)   #91
Alfa Fan
Veteran

They were never going to run MGs in 07 with the switch to S2000, so seeing them for sale is not unexpected.
Old 3 Nov 2006, 16:12 (Ref:1757207)   #92
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazard
Honda might be tempted to pay for some development themselves. The new Civic Type-R is launched in March. Considering they didn't support the JAS programme, maybe a TD led venture isn't impossible.

http://www.redh.co.uk

Though being two door again, would only be eligible for local homologation if they allow it.
Something like this
Old 3 Nov 2006, 16:16 (Ref:1757211)   #93
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craner Curves
I'm confused. They've only run Priaulx's car as far as I can remember. Huisman has been racing for ROAL Italy-Spain. And from what I read, Jan Magnussen will be racing his own Danish championship car at Macau under the RBM banner.
Duncan Huisman indeed racing for ROAL.

Last year at Macau Huisman drove a RBM BMW but in reality this car and engineers/mechanics were from Schnitzer.
Old 3 Nov 2006, 17:55 (Ref:1757266)   #94
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
As I recall the MGs were up for sale last year as well, but that didn't stop WSR running them this year after failing to find a buyer.

It's all up to sponsorship budgets of course but I would be more than a little surprised if they weren't looking at a S2000 replacement for 2007.
Old 3 Nov 2006, 19:51 (Ref:1757327)   #95
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
They were for sale last year by Maurer and WSR bought them back.
Old 6 Nov 2006, 08:28 (Ref:1758750)   #96
Jimmy Magnusson
Veteran

Sweden
Jimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As Seat is going down from six to four drivers (good move), I suppose that it's Rydell and Thompson hanging loose. It does get me thinking, what if we get a three-car Seat lineup in BTCC next season with Plato, Thompson and Rydell? Rickard back in Britain would make many people happy.
Old 6 Nov 2006, 08:37 (Ref:1758761)   #97
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
It would indeed, but I get the feeling Seat will sign up one of the drivers from the SCC. I would rather they kept Darren Turner in for a full season though.
Old 6 Nov 2006, 08:41 (Ref:1758765)   #98
Tibbett
Rookie

Tibbett should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Magnusson
As Seat is going down from six to four drivers (good move), I suppose that it's Rydell and Thompson hanging loose. It does get me thinking, what if we get a three-car Seat lineup in BTCC next season with Plato, Thompson and Rydell? Rickard back in Britain would make many people happy.
But would it make Rydell happy?

I wish it could go back to two car-teams.
Old 6 Nov 2006, 12:54 (Ref:1758971)   #99
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Two car teams in the BTCC?
Old 6 Nov 2006, 15:21 (Ref:1759093)   #100
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Teams running 3 cars is fine by me - only 2 get points in the teams' and manufacturers' standings anyway. And it'd be good to have a few more international drivers back in the field. Rickard was a great guy for the series back in the Super Touring days, and I'd say he's still got it.
Closed Thread