Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Overdrive BTCC Diecast Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Armchair Enthusiast

Old 10 Aug 2007, 20:22 (Ref:1985759)   #76
NAC
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
NAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well because this has turned into post any movie about motorsport thread I'll throw this one in that I posted on the IRL thread.

Milka Duno to film a Warner Bros live-action film "Speed Racer". From the creators of "The Matrix" trilogy. From what the story goes she will play the role of "Gearbox" in the film (draw your own conclusions on that one).

http://www.indycar.com/news/story.php?story_id=9676
Old 25 Oct 2007, 04:10 (Ref:2050813)   #77
eelboi
Rookie

Australia
south east queensland
eelboi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
sorry to dig this one back up again, it had probably run its course, but i'm sitting here,day off work, crook as a chook , so what do i do ??? pull out le mans and watch it again [tragic, i know], but [acting aside] its a great watch. i went and saw it at the flicks when it first came out. the cook thinks i'm seriously needing some therapy.
Old 25 Oct 2007, 11:00 (Ref:2050998)   #78
NAC
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
NAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yep. It has to be the best motorsport movie ever made and possibly ever likley to be made.
Some of the plot looses it's way but the racing footage is simply superb
Old 25 Oct 2007, 11:39 (Ref:2051035)   #79
johngee
#WhatAreHashTags
Veteran

johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!
Agree with that. A book called 'A French Kiss with Death' details the making of the film plus a decent biography of Steve McQueen. A bit pricey but well worth getting a copy.
Old 26 Oct 2007, 21:48 (Ref:2052395)   #80
NAC
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
Well I dont think this will be classed as the best motorsport movie ever but I am looking forward to it and it's is coming to a theatre near you from 9 May 2008.

http://speedracerthemovie.warnerbros.com/
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0811080/
Old 10 Nov 2007, 16:21 (Ref:2064438)   #81
futuretiger9
Rookie

United Kingdom
Leeds, UK
futuretiger9 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by eelboi
sorry to dig this one back up again, it had probably run its course, but i'm sitting here,day off work, crook as a chook , so what do i do ??? pull out le mans and watch it again [tragic, i know], but [acting aside] its a great watch. i went and saw it at the flicks when it first came out. the cook thinks i'm seriously needing some therapy.
Le Mans you could probaby class as a racing movie from a driver's perspective. McQueen of course was no mean racer himself, and so brought his own experiences to bear. At times, the plot and the visuals are a little pretentious, but overall it is a classy and laudable effort. Added to which it was made during the golden age of sportscar racing (Porsche v Ferrari etc).

Grand Prix, on the other hand, is good escapist fun, concentrating on the glamour and the pageantry. It occasionally descends into cliche territory, but there are some fine performances (Yves Montand, James Garner, Jessica Walter etc), and some phenomenal racing footage (when you consider it was made in 1966).