Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 4 Aug 2011, 11:47 (Ref:2935767)   #76
Hepatic
Veteran

United Kingdom
Preston-ish
Hepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
all but 1 driver were in the roadster at lime rock. that has 5 gears where the cup has 6, which maybe a significant factor too. didn't help that raptr still have not fixed the issue where using their IM/game tracking software kills the G25 FFB in game. forgot about that, ran some test sessions afterwards without raptr and suddenly realised how the car should have felt. got a bunch of stuff to do tonight but might give LR another blast later with the other car and see if i fare better.
Old 4 Aug 2011, 13:13 (Ref:2935789)   #77
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
Spudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I haven't got into 5th gear with the roadster yet. At Lime Rock I don't get that far! The fixed setup for the series is cool since you know you are on a level playing field.
Old 4 Aug 2011, 22:42 (Ref:2935991)   #78
Hepatic
Veteran

United Kingdom
Preston-ish
Hepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
roadster only needs 4th, it just about tops out at the end of the straight. i can't get close to the cornering speeds of these aliens tho, i'm still 2s off their pace :/

lost loads of pts in races tonight, mostly the odd mistake from me but in the ford spec racer i lost 22 in one race due to the usual 1st lap cocks and odd issues when changing to 3rd on a certain turn. everytime, no matter how low the revs in 4th, the rear locked and threw me to the wall. would have been a good race and easy 2nd finish had it not been for doing that 3 times...
Old 5 Aug 2011, 00:08 (Ref:2936006)   #79
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
Spudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
a 0:59.6 is my fastest so far. Haven't done a race yet though. I couldn't get below the minute mark until I changed my line on the left hand turn 2 to use a wider entry. Still a second off the quick guys though.
Old 5 Aug 2011, 16:56 (Ref:2936183)   #80
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I remember this

You MUST try and qualify if you can, that at least gets you up near the guys who are not pillocks!

I rather preferred Laguna, it's a much better track to race on and a bit wider for passes.

Spec Racer Ford is an utterly flawed car, check out the Iracer forums, leave well alone!!
Old 6 Aug 2011, 07:10 (Ref:2936366)   #81
Andy Roberts
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
Andy Roberts should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
On the basic package I think the MX5 at Okayama in the NVidia cup is probably the best combo out there. Awesome close/clean racing with big grids!
Old 6 Aug 2011, 08:37 (Ref:2936375)   #82
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
To be perfectly honest, I actually enjoyed racing the Legends more than anything, I was pretty damn quick and nearly always started near the front, was actually great fun at the start!

I do think though that there sohould be more "fun" races, instead of everything always being a race that counts towards your licence. i got up to B in a month and started to lsoe interest as I couldn't justify paying for all the extra cars sadly.

I was handy in a Skippy, won a few races, good in a Legend, again plenty of wins, but awful in Speccie, Pontiac, good in Street Stock, thats a fun car with flawed handling though! But racing at Charlottoe shorttrack was insane, you simply cant avoid going off tracka nd having contact, stupid idea really.
Old 6 Aug 2011, 10:58 (Ref:2936403)   #83
Andy Roberts
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
Yeah I agree to about more fun races. The Carb Cup is always good fun on the oval side, should be even more so with the new tyre model at Dega
Old 16 Aug 2011, 11:53 (Ref:2941708)   #84
Hepatic
Veteran

United Kingdom
Preston-ish
My SR has taken a beating over the last few days :/ Always getting caught in other peoples incidents or in last nights case being docked for hitting someone that i never hit! Had 2 miserable races in the skippy at Road Atlanta so far, again always being stuffed by other people. Last night i got caught out by a dude that qualified with a much faster time but decided to crawl thru the T2 chicane - the people around him had nowhere to go, i hit him then another guy rode over top of my rear wing. 2 laps of repairs, then with about 8 to go i was bored on my own, lost concentration and ended up in the wall with over 12 mins of repair time to fix it.

Hoping for better luck next time i'm out there...
Old 18 Aug 2011, 11:56 (Ref:2942475)   #85
Hepatic
Veteran

United Kingdom
Preston-ish
Just like to say;

HOW GOOD ARE THE AUSSIE V8s?!!

Wow they are fun. Feel real weighty on the wheel, have to be very careful on the throttle & i tend to drive it in exactly the same way the onboard shots of drivers feet do. Not run any races yet, i expect carnage, but the time trial at Watkins is immense fun anyway. Sure my times suck tho, i think my best so far is 1.15 with a few setup tweaks.
Old 18 Aug 2011, 20:54 (Ref:2942692)   #86
PabloTeK
Racer

United Kingdom
Err... Can I have a sports question?
PabloTeK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Being that I only turn left on iRacing I've been involved with "revenge" wrecks recently... when I've simply watched an accident unfold in front of me! Lovely SR now.

Best example was when the Street Stocks were at Charlotte, 2 guys spun in front of me (I was about 20 yards behind) so I dived between them and the outside chap who had backed off, made it through fine (we know what iRacing is like for picking up phantom contact) and got blamed for wrecking when I'd simply overtaken them spinning?

He was about 12 years old mind.
Old 19 Aug 2011, 11:04 (Ref:2942885)   #87
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Surprised to see there are still no Ford, Dodge and Toyota stockcars. Except for license reasons I see no reason why they are not included.
Old 19 Aug 2011, 12:01 (Ref:2942906)   #88
Hepatic
Veteran

United Kingdom
Preston-ish
Same with the Holden in the V8s, bet the Aussie Holden supporters are spitting feathers over that one!
Old 19 Aug 2011, 18:02 (Ref:2943049)   #89
Gil Abobeleira
Veteran

Gil Abobeleira should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
Surprised to see there are still no Ford, Dodge and Toyota stockcars. Except for license reasons I see no reason why they are not included.

Given that the cars look almost exactly like the Chevys, and run exactly the same, there's nothing really missing mind you

However, in relation to the Holden, I wouldn't mind racing it instead of the Falcon
Old 19 Aug 2011, 20:03 (Ref:2943101)   #90
Andy Roberts
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
Quote:
I guess it's because it would just dilute the field too much. Wth the multi class u have to own all the cars in the race, not just the class your in, so would mean you,d have to buy 2 pretty identical cars for the v8s and 3 identical cars for NASCAR just to race. Would certainly turn me of that would

That's the reason I don't do the gts. I only want the Honda but I have to buy the ford and chevy just to race and I ain't doing that.
Old 19 Aug 2011, 20:12 (Ref:2943108)   #91
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
So the rivalry between Chevrolet/Holden vs Ford doesn't result in people don't buying the V8SC and NASCAR cars?
Old 20 Aug 2011, 06:29 (Ref:2943232)   #92
Andy Roberts
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
Quote:
So the rivalry between Chevrolet/Holden vs Ford doesn't result in people don't buying the V8SC and NASCAR cars?
no but personally I wouldn't want to buy 3 basically identical $14 cars to do a NASCAR race or 2 near identical $14 cars for v8sc races. Iracing is expensive enough already without having to double/triple up on cars to race in one series.
Old 20 Aug 2011, 10:40 (Ref:2943282)   #93
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
I understand completely but why not buy one car and get invisible the other cars (not able to race with them) so you can race against them?
Old 20 Aug 2011, 16:58 (Ref:2943359)   #94
marcel82
Veteran

European Union
Beersel, Belgium
marcel82 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
invisible cars to race against? does that really sound like a good idea for a sim that focuses heavily on safety rating and realism?
Old 20 Aug 2011, 18:03 (Ref:2943368)   #95
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Of course they are visible on track. With invisible I mean you get all the cars when you buy one but can't use it. From what I understand in multi class racing you need all the cars which are taking part.
Old 20 Aug 2011, 20:24 (Ref:2943434)   #96
Andy Roberts
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
Quote:
Of course they are visible on track. With invisible I mean you get all the cars when you buy one but can't use it. From what I understand in multi class racing you need all the cars which are taking part.
Yeah that's one of the problems I mean too. I sent a feature request to iracing last year for exactly wha you describe above because of that. I wanted to race the Riley but had to buy the mustang as well which I just can't get on with

Shouldn't be too hard for them to implement I guess either?
Old 21 Aug 2011, 11:52 (Ref:2943645)   #97
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
City of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I guess if you want the Ford and Holden there would be a ''V8 Supercar'' option, which gives you both cars, as well as a ''NASCAR Sprint Cup'' option which gives you all the Cup cars, rather than paying for each individual car?
Old 21 Aug 2011, 12:45 (Ref:2943659)   #98
Gil Abobeleira
Veteran

Gil Abobeleira should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickyf1 View Post
I guess if you want the Ford and Holden there would be a ''V8 Supercar'' option...
They weren't able to obtain the license for the Holden, mind you
Old 21 Aug 2011, 15:18 (Ref:2943698)   #99
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
City of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I find that odd seeing as the Stock Car divisions are dominated by GM products (Chevrolet's), and Holden is GM's Australian arm.
Old 22 Aug 2011, 12:03 (Ref:2944085)   #100
Hepatic
Veteran

United Kingdom
Preston-ish
GTs is more difficult but for nascar & v8s they could have easily allowed users to buy the series, rather than one make of the cars (licensing issues aside). if they do introduce the others at a later date & charge then it really smacks of profiteering. guess its more of an issue down under than anywhere else