Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 29 Aug 2002, 20:09 (Ref:368585)   #76
Bluebottle
Veteran

United Kingdom
High Wycombe
Bluebottle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBluebottle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm coming too! Thinking about driving the Hurricane over if I can find more about the club area!
Old 30 Aug 2002, 11:03 (Ref:368971)   #77
stefan
Racer

United Kingdom
nr bristol, uk
stefan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridstefan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll be going in a porsche, I imagine there'll be a few others there - what's a hurricane?

I'm also wondering wether it's worth the £60 to drive around the circuit twice. Could be fun.
Old 1 Sep 2002, 08:04 (Ref:370284)   #78
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well, Stoffer and I have now discussed plans, and, well basically, we haven't got any!

Actually, we have a contact who is going over and involved in the racing, and the plan is to tag along with him if at all possible. We're both happy to kip down as and where, provided that we can get some decent meals along the way!

For Stoffer and I, the food is far more important than sleep!

Last edited by Aysedasi; 1 Sep 2002 at 08:05.
Old 2 Sep 2002, 05:16 (Ref:370976)   #79
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!

Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi
For Stoffer and I, the food is far more important than sleep!
As long as it's not more important than the race...

Good news, anyway !
Old 2 Sep 2002, 09:10 (Ref:371054)   #80
josvandeperre
Veteran

England
Central London
josvandeperre should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
for details about the Club Area - look at the website - essentially if your club endorses your booking and you have an interesting car you get to park in the paddock and wear a tie (or dress)
Old 2 Sep 2002, 22:02 (Ref:371638)   #81
Bluebottle
Veteran

United Kingdom
High Wycombe
Bluebottle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBluebottle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I sent an E-mail to the Triumph Sports Six Club, no reply yet so I'll have to blag my way into the club area!
Just booked in to the F1 at Alencon- £14.04 per night- not bad!
Old 2 Sep 2002, 22:19 (Ref:371657)   #82
Bluebottle
Veteran

United Kingdom
High Wycombe
(Stefan, have a look at www.vincenthurricane.co.uk)
Old 3 Sep 2002, 09:17 (Ref:371917)   #83
stefan
Racer

United Kingdom
nr bristol, uk
stefan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridstefan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Aha, that's a nice looking car, never seen one before - I think it'd look a bit better with plexiglass faired in panels over the headlights though. From the back I would have said it was a TVR.
Old 10 Sep 2002, 21:37 (Ref:377676)   #84
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
OK, time for another tally.

Bearing in mind that Stoffer and I are currently hopeful of being there, this is the list I've made from the posts so far.....

TimD
Stoffer Green
Aysedasi
Fab
Guy Humpage
FG1
Bluebottle
Rcutler
Mal
Kpy
stefan

Some others mentioned the possibility but haven't confirmed.

Now, how are we all going to spot each other when we get there?
Old 11 Sep 2002, 09:58 (Ref:377816)   #85
Rcutler
Rookie

Rcutler should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It will be easy to spot us as we will all be wearing jackets that don't fit us!!

Club Arnage Forum has a few more people going, lots going on the Friday night party cruise from Portsmouth to Cherbourg 12 hour **** up so I gather!! Then most have the 2315 sailing back on Sunday. Hope they are in fast cars!!

I am on Maison Blanche in a M Reg VW Camper and will probably be the youngest enthousiast around (21)
Old 11 Sep 2002, 15:46 (Ref:378057)   #86
stefan
Racer

United Kingdom
nr bristol, uk
It would be good to meet up - does anyone know of a good spot? We could have some beers on Saturday night maybe?

Also, I still have a space free if anybody wants a lift on thursday night. I'm going from Bristol, via Poole and Cherbourg.
Old 11 Sep 2002, 17:05 (Ref:378095)   #87
Stoffer Green
Rookie

Stoffer Green should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Aysedasi and I are quietly confident that we will be there somehow - but we are hoping to have a "working" role and the details have not been finalised yet. It looks as though we shall need an interpreter, so are you ready Fab?
Old 11 Sep 2002, 19:26 (Ref:378192)   #88
SL
Veteran

SL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I shall be flying back from America on the Saturday early AM. I will do what I can to get the pilot to fly over Le Mans. So if you see a 747 looping the loop at 30,000 ft it is me !!!!

Hope you all have a great time, here's to next year. !!!!!

Simon

PS I work for the airline, I am not going to hijack it or anything silly.
Old 11 Sep 2002, 19:32 (Ref:378198)   #89
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally posted by Stoffer Green
Aysedasi and I are quietly confident that we will be there somehow - but we are hoping to have a "working" role and the details have not been finalised yet. It looks as though we shall need an interpreter, so are you ready Fab?

Yes, if the plans come off we could well have an interesting weekend, eh Stoffer?!

Look out for an e-mail from me M. Fab!!
Old 11 Sep 2002, 20:18 (Ref:378244)   #90
Bluebottle
Veteran

United Kingdom
High Wycombe
Looks like you need tickets as well as a posh frock to get in to the paddock, and paddock tickets are advance order only, darn!
Old 11 Sep 2002, 20:29 (Ref:378254)   #91
SL
Veteran

SL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Or bring a baby...............................

(Only going from baby bottle's popularity at Goodwood)
Old 11 Sep 2002, 21:15 (Ref:378296)   #92
Bluebottle
Veteran

United Kingdom
High Wycombe
She's coming with us- hope to get a few mor pics of her with drivers (She;s probably going to grow up to be an anti-car activist...)
Old 12 Sep 2002, 06:02 (Ref:378490)   #93
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Stoffer Green
Stoffer, Ayse, I'm your man !!!
Old 12 Sep 2002, 06:05 (Ref:378492)   #94
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi
Look out for an e-mail from me M. Fab!!
You bet I'm looking out my mail box ! I'm actually trying to hypnotizing it !
Old 12 Sep 2002, 06:09 (Ref:378494)   #95
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Well, Le Mans Racing (french paper about what you know) says that there will be no beer and sandwich plot, only champagne and posh stuff...

The main meeting spot should be the Champoo Bar, but we could try any place around : ACO café in the Durand grandstand, pits grandstands...

Bluebottle : are you sure for the paddock tickets ? I didn't see that elsewhere...
Old 12 Sep 2002, 06:14 (Ref:378498)   #96
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally posted by Fab
......only champagne and posh stuff...

Oh damn, what a terrible shame.

Last edited by Aysedasi; 12 Sep 2002 at 06:15.
Old 12 Sep 2002, 08:22 (Ref:378549)   #97
Rcutler
Rookie

Rcutler should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bad news about the paddock guys I recieved "Paddock Tickets" with the grandstand and camping and general admission. I would phone up whoever you got your tickets from as they do have that gratuit look to them.

On the champagne point has anyone here yet registered www.champagnemountain.com!!
Old 12 Sep 2002, 09:35 (Ref:378586)   #98
stefan
Racer

United Kingdom
nr bristol, uk
I'm so jealous of you (Aysedasi and Stoffer) - are you sure they don't need a photographer too - or an artist in residence maybe?
Old 12 Sep 2002, 11:31 (Ref:378667)   #99
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally posted by stefan
I'm so jealous of you (Aysedasi and Stoffer) - are you sure they don't need a photographer too - or an artist in residence maybe?

Well, we're not there yet stefan, but I am hoping to swap the spanners for my camera anyway!
Old 12 Sep 2002, 17:01 (Ref:378920)   #100
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Just picked this up from Autosport.com

Quote:
Classic Le Mans live on autosport.com

Listen in as the classics of yesteryear race once more

Haymarket Publishing Ltd has been awarded event radio rights for the new Classic Le Mans race meeting to be held at the famous Le Mans circuit in France.

The inaugural event on September 21/22 features over 300 of the world's great sports cars. Legendary marques such as Alfa Romeo, Aston Martin, Bentley, Jaguar and Lotus will contest races during the weekend.

The Classic Le Mans event, which includes entries from a wide range of classic sports cars including former Le Mans competitors, is organised by promoter Patrick Peter. The meeting will be held every two years, with this year's radio broadcast via the world-wide web on autosport.com. Broadcasts in future years will be made on an FM frequency as well as on the web.

"We're delighted to provide official English-speaking radio coverage for this event," said Haymarket's director of special projects John Chambers. "Our involvement in the Classic Le Mans event is based on Haymarket's heritage in providing the original Radio Le Mans over the last 13 years. Audiences of over 70,000 English-speaking visitors trackside, and millions more around the world, tune into Radio le Mans for its highly informed and entertaining coverage of the world's most famous motor race.

"By providing similar coverage of the Classic Le Mans meeting we can ensure that historic car enthusiasts, as well as motor sport fans from around the world, can be fully involved in this unique new event. We are delighted to be working together with Patrick Peter and his organisation and we are confident that Classic Le Mans will be a huge success and a key date in the diary for years to come."

Classic Le Mans Radio will broadcast from midday on Friday September 20 through to 18.00 on Sunday September 22 via autosport.com.
This is fantastic news, shame I am going to be at Donninton on the Sunday, but I WILL tuned in on the Saturday