Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 1 Oct 2009, 07:06 (Ref:2551690)   #76
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
It is wake up time people, as from today we can book directly at the ACO for next years race. Can't find a link but just in case made my request by email and fax around 00.00 hours and 1 second this morning. Wouldn't want to miss out on our regular places just because they have a new booking system.
Old 1 Oct 2009, 07:36 (Ref:2551703)   #77
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
http://ticket.lemans.org/vente2/index.php?id_univers=1
so date is kinda official

but nothing on the site of yet

Ciao Marco
Old 1 Oct 2009, 07:44 (Ref:2551710)   #78
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
The link does not bring much up but the dates are confirmed as 12th/13th of June 2010

Think I will rely on my usual source for tickets.
Old 1 Oct 2009, 07:55 (Ref:2551718)   #79
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
update
tickets and parking are online ..
waiting for tribunes and camping
http://ticket.lemans.org/vente2/visu...id_rubrique=85
http://ticket.lemans.org/vente2/visu...ue=87&id_ev=31

Ciao Marco
Old 1 Oct 2009, 08:18 (Ref:2551724)   #80
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Think I will rely on my usual source for tickets.

and you are keeping that to yourself!! lol
Old 1 Oct 2009, 08:59 (Ref:2551744)   #81
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaireSmith View Post
and you are keeping that to yourself!! lol
I have used the tourist office in le mans for many years, Nadine is always very helpful.
Old 1 Oct 2009, 12:40 (Ref:2551883)   #82
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'm still trying to work out what I'm going to do next year!
Old 1 Oct 2009, 12:45 (Ref:2551891)   #83
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani Filth View Post
update
tickets and parking are online ..
waiting for tribunes and camping
http://ticket.lemans.org/vente2/visu...id_rubrique=85
http://ticket.lemans.org/vente2/visu...ue=87&id_ev=31

Strange that tickets for Grandstands and campsites are still not in the air.
Old 1 Oct 2009, 12:54 (Ref:2551898)   #84
Jennifer_ni
Clears incidents with the POWER OF HER MIND!
Racer

Ireland
Co-Kildare
Jennifer_ni should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJennifer_ni should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I have used the tourist office in le mans for many years, Nadine is always very helpful.
I agree, i booked there last year and it all went smoothly. I booked with her earlier in the week so hopefully i have got what i requested.
Old 1 Oct 2009, 18:53 (Ref:2552166)   #85
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
You can book your places on a free request by fax or mail.
Old 1 Oct 2009, 18:56 (Ref:2552172)   #86
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
And you'll come in Le Mans on June 12TH AND 13TH
Old 2 Oct 2009, 07:30 (Ref:2552480)   #87
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I'm still trying to work out what I'm going to do next year!
Well looking at by crystal ball i would make a guess that around the 11th of June you will be in a place called "LE MANS" I hope I win the predictions compitition with that one.
Old 3 Oct 2009, 18:55 (Ref:2553411)   #88
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Well looking at by crystal ball i would make a guess that around the 11th of June you will be in a place called "LE MANS" I hope I win the predictions compitition with that one.

Well, I certainly hope to be there by then, that's for sure!
Old 4 Oct 2009, 06:52 (Ref:2553627)   #89
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Well, I certainly hope to be there by then, that's for sure!

Likewise....roll on June thats what I say
Old 7 Nov 2009, 23:28 (Ref:2577894)   #90
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Looks like I'm booked on Blue Nord for 2010. Nice.
Old 7 Nov 2009, 23:35 (Ref:2577898)   #91
Danny_GT2
Veteran

Ireland
Lucan, Ireland
Danny_GT2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Would like to! I'm guessing it costs half as much as an F1 GP seeing as its a sportscar event!
Old 8 Nov 2009, 10:16 (Ref:2578139)   #92
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny_GT2 View Post
Would like to! I'm guessing it costs half as much as an F1 GP seeing as its a sportscar event!
The tickets are cheaper but other costs are the same, however unlike F1 where you have to spend large sums of money occupying yourself whilst waiting for the race, you have 24 hours of non stop racing. Value for money with tickets costing 60 euro's thats just over 2 euro's an hour. Also the tickets cover you from the Wednesday before the race.
Old 8 Nov 2009, 12:50 (Ref:2578241)   #93
Danny_GT2
Veteran

Ireland
Lucan, Ireland
Quote:
The tickets are cheaper but other costs are the same, however unlike F1 where you have to spend large sums of money occupying yourself whilst waiting for the race, you have 24 hours of non stop racing. Value for money with tickets costing 60 euro's thats just over 2 euro's an hour. Also the tickets cover you from the Wednesday before the race.
€60??? That's half as much as when I went to Monza!!!
Old 8 Nov 2009, 13:26 (Ref:2578253)   #94
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Your €60 will not only get you general admission for the whole event, you can get into the pit lane walkabout on the Friday, and into the grandstands for Wednesday and Thursday practice (but not for qualifying...?) There are also autograph sessions all over the place (met all 9 Audi drivers last year!). Le Mans is awesome value for money. Every petrolhead must go, at least once.
Old 9 Nov 2009, 00:24 (Ref:2578553)   #95
Danny_GT2
Veteran

Ireland
Lucan, Ireland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Down F0rce View Post
Your €60 will not only get you general admission for the whole event, you can get into the pit lane walkabout on the Friday, and into the grandstands for Wednesday and Thursday practice (but not for qualifying...?) There are also autograph sessions all over the place (met all 9 Audi drivers last year!). Le Mans is awesome value for money. Every petrolhead must go, at least once.
It's a pilgrimage! I looked @ a few websites & to sit in a grandstand costs between €75-€120 depending on where you wanna sit, is that just for seats or for the whole package (pitwalk, autograph sessions, etc.)??
Old 9 Nov 2009, 10:29 (Ref:2578795)   #96
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny_GT2 View Post
It's a pilgrimage! I looked @ a few websites & to sit in a grandstand costs between €75-€120 depending on where you wanna sit, is that just for seats or for the whole package (pitwalk, autograph sessions, etc.)??
Your entry ticket (65 euros in 2010) gives you access to all the public spectator enclosures during race week (basically Wednesday to Sunday inclusive). In addition, it gives you free access to most of the grandstands until Friday (Tribunes 17 and 18 are exempt, you'll need ACO membership to access these stands), this includes all practice and qualifying sessions. In addition, your ticket gives you access to the pitlane which is open for periods on Wednesday and Thursday prior to any on track practice and qualifying sessions, and for most of Friday (no track activities on Friday).

If you purchase a grandstand ticket, you will have a numbered seat which is yours from Saturday morning until the end of the race. A general entry ticket will not give you access to any of the grandstands on these days. The grandstand ticket price is in addition to the price of the general entry ticket.
Old 9 Nov 2009, 12:16 (Ref:2578864)   #97
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
I have never bothered with a Grandstand ticket in 25 years, the circuit is very large and although seats mean you can watch the start without being surrounded by people, thats about the only advantage I know, assuming it is dry that is . If it rains then perhaps a seat in a dry grandstand might be nice, but from that far back you will only see a load of spray anyway.

Le mans is about walking around the circuit seeing the race from hundreds of different places, stopping at one place or another perhaps near a big screen or perhaps near food stall or bar, there is so much to do during the race that you will spend very little of it on a hard plastic seat in the grandstand.

Spend the money on something else, a better campsite closer to the action or more beer.
Old 11 Nov 2009, 15:39 (Ref:2580173)   #98
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
Today received my allocation from the ACO, got exactly what I asked for, Houx & tribune Stands. only difference now is that we have got one month to pay for the tickets instead of the two weeks that were normal before.
Preparations for next year can begin!
Old 12 Nov 2009, 01:37 (Ref:2580519)   #99
Burnsie
Official Timekeeper!
Veteran

Burnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBurnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBurnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Hoping to make 2010 my first visit to Le Mans
Old 13 Nov 2009, 18:34 (Ref:2581517)   #100
Steve Tarrant
Veteran

England
Poole, UK
Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnsie View Post
Hoping to make 2010 my first visit to Le Mans
Go for it, you'll love it!!!!! And never want to miss another ever again!

I'm planning to do both LM events next year, the classic for the first time, the 24H as a marshal for the 6th time in 7 years (missed 2005 as was in hospital saving my remaining leg!).