Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 17 Dec 2005, 22:36 (Ref:1485893)   #76
jondownunder
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
jondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
That would be interesting to see... but will Carlin be able to compete with the Mercedes teams?
Old 17 Dec 2005, 23:35 (Ref:1485911)   #77
shambles
Veteran

England
Soton, UK
shambles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridshambles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I tell you what guys, I have a feeling BIF3 2006 is going to be one of the best season's we've seen in years, even without Knockhill.

Getting Merc involved is a massive coup for the series IMO.

PAUL
Old 18 Dec 2005, 00:00 (Ref:1485917)   #78
Go_For_Pole
Veteran

Greece
Athens, Greece
Go_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGo_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
A coup?!! Mercedes is looking for customers for their engines, hardly getting involved.

Actually now that I think of it, getting Mercedes "involved" is historically the fastest way of killing a championship.
Old 18 Dec 2005, 14:45 (Ref:1486098)   #79
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
the thing is, nbe's engine was dominant to the same degree in 05 and to a degree 04, but nobody was hailing that to be the end of the championship were they?

while i appreciate the budgets available to the different companies are a little... well, different, i think the introduction of a competitive alternative should do nothing but encourage competition and move engineering forward a couple of steps.

how "old" is this version of the mercedes engine in comparison to the new mugen?
Old 18 Dec 2005, 15:42 (Ref:1486116)   #80
jondownunder
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
jondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Anyway, correct me if I'm wrong, but there should be 9 Mercedes-engined cars next year (3 each for RRR, Fortec and Hitech)? So even if the Mercedes did prove dominant, there's plenty of scope for a competitive championship. If it was just one top team with Mercedes engines I'd be more worried about the championship's future.
Old 18 Dec 2005, 16:13 (Ref:1486124)   #81
Go_For_Pole
Veteran

Greece
Athens, Greece
Go_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGo_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
That's one way of seeing things, the other is that an NBE engine is available to any team while Mercedes has chosen a limited number of teams. So if Mercedes does prove dominant, there will be a situation very similar to that in Euroseries: In other words "get a Mercedes car or don't bother".
Old 18 Dec 2005, 16:45 (Ref:1486128)   #82
littleman
Veteran

littleman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridlittleman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If you look at the performance of the latest Mugen-Honda at both Silverstone and Macau, then I don't think Mercedes are going to have it all their own way.Clearly Carlin are going to receive special attention from NBE, so I wouldn't be at all surprised to see a Honda powered car take the title again.Apart from possibly Conway at RR, I don't particularly rate any of the Merc drivers thus far signed. Merc need to help Fortec put a top line driver in one of their cars or they may well get beaten!
Old 18 Dec 2005, 16:59 (Ref:1486130)   #83
EuroF3
Rookie

EuroF3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well said littleman. I think thats why Kane is with Carlin, Go for it NBE do the Germans!
Old 18 Dec 2005, 17:25 (Ref:1486145)   #84
littleman
Veteran

littleman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridlittleman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
IF i was Mercedes and IF they are available,I'd put someone like Carbone,Watts or Dahlgren in a Fortec car.On his own, Conway will struggle against the likes of Kane,Kimball and Bakkerud driving probably the best sorted Dallara's on the grid.
Old 18 Dec 2005, 20:06 (Ref:1486199)   #85
Go_For_Pole
Veteran

Greece
Athens, Greece
It is not very Mercedes-like to leave their teams without excellent drivers, is it?
Old 18 Dec 2005, 21:11 (Ref:1486230)   #86
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
well everyone's just a customer of mercedes aren't they...
Old 18 Dec 2005, 22:07 (Ref:1486255)   #87
Go_For_Pole
Veteran

Greece
Athens, Greece
Hehehe ok, point taken

(then again the cynic in me can imagine Haug loving the idea of RR winning the title)
Old 18 Dec 2005, 22:08 (Ref:1486256)   #88
Pink_penguin
Rookie

Pink_penguin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
rumour is Craig Dolby might be making a move to f3...
Old 19 Dec 2005, 13:28 (Ref:1486678)   #89
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
A few random facts.

Carlin Motorsport have supplied the title-winning BF3 driver in 2001, 2003 and this year.

None of the teams to have Merc engines next season have ever won the title. That's a little unfair on Raikkonen Robertson Racing, who only started this season with a couple of rookie drivers, but Hitech have been around a few years now, with decent drivers like Watts, Salignon etc., whilst Fortec have been trying much longer without success, despite having had drivers like Montoya, Smith, Kovalainen, Carbone and Rossiter, to name only a handful.

NBE have upped their game and I certainly wouldn't write off Carlin's chances next year.
Old 19 Dec 2005, 13:48 (Ref:1486691)   #90
Freddie
Racer

Freddie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Littleman, why would Mercedes want to help Fortec over any other team? Surely they just want a mercedes to win the title. Do you know something we don't??
Old 19 Dec 2005, 18:12 (Ref:1486842)   #91
littleman
Veteran

No, not at all. It's just that all available seats at RR have already been taken and Fortec have consistently supplied an excellent F3 car for many seasons.Their only weakness, up until now, has probably been their choice of engine.
Old 20 Dec 2005, 19:57 (Ref:1487582)   #92
powerflowmotors
Rookie

powerflowmotors should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've heard that tim bridgeman might be returning for another year, although i doubt he would be with hitech!
Old 20 Dec 2005, 21:20 (Ref:1487633)   #93
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Marcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMarcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I thought he was aiming for a ride in the Champ Car Atlantics?
Old 21 Dec 2005, 10:53 (Ref:1487937)   #94
Mr Jinxx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Isle of Man
Mr Jinxx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He did an Atlantic test recently
Sit in a chair, lift your right leg off the ground, point your toes forward and draw CLOCKWISE circles in the air with your foot. Then raise your right hand and draw the number 6 in the air with your index finger. Your foot will change direction. If you can't even do this simple coordination task, how could you drive a racing car?
Old 23 Dec 2005, 18:34 (Ref:1489414)   #95
jondownunder
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
I see Italian FRenault and Renault World Series driver Davide Rigon has tested for Carlin.
Old 28 Dec 2005, 14:41 (Ref:1490982)   #96
Emma
Racer

England
Shropshire, UK
Emma should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger
I thought he was aiming for a ride in the Champ Car Atlantics?
He is. Or BTCC.
Old 1 Jan 2006, 17:59 (Ref:1492928)   #97
bernard_lyon
Rookie

France
Lyon
bernard_lyon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hello, I heard that the British F3 will have a race in Pau in 2006. Do somebody has confirmation of that?
Thanks
Old 1 Jan 2006, 20:00 (Ref:1492973)   #98
jondownunder
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
It's certainly on the last calendar I saw, for June 4th (no F3 Euro Series there this year). Not sure if that's been made official yet.
Old 1 Jan 2006, 20:27 (Ref:1492987)   #99
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
i think it's as official as these things get.
Old 1 Jan 2006, 21:45 (Ref:1493018)   #100
Mygale
Racer

Mygale should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thats very good news , Pau is a fantastic circuit .