Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 24 Apr 2007, 11:06 (Ref:1899225)   #76
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by C9/89
Sorry Tim but the weather on long range looks wet for the weekend! Typical British bank holiday weather I'm afraid. I'm marshalling there and would normally camp but I've taken the precaution of booking a hotel room for the Saturday night! Just hope I'm and my forecast site are wrong!
Not sure which forecast you're looking at, but this one is currently a little more optimistic!

Last edited by Bentley03; 24 Apr 2007 at 11:10. Reason: Wrong forecast, oops......
Old 24 Apr 2007, 11:53 (Ref:1899261)   #77
AstonGeoff
Veteran

England
Witney
AstonGeoff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I doubt that anyone can predict the British weather that far out! Anyway Silverstone has it's own micro-climate and is often very different to even the local area, so it has to be a turn-up and see sort of forecast!

I've been going to Silverstone for years and have got used to taking just about every option on clothing, over a weekend there is a good chance you could need it all!
Old 24 Apr 2007, 11:57 (Ref:1899264)   #78
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by AstonGeoff
I doubt that anyone can predict the British weather that far out! Anyway Silverstone has it's own micro-climate and is often very different to even the local area, so it has to be a turn-up and see sort of forecast!

I've been going to Silverstone for years and have got used to taking just about every option on clothing, over a weekend there is a good chance you could need it all!
You are, of course, absolutely correct. Wise words!
Old 24 Apr 2007, 12:05 (Ref:1899277)   #79
MikeH
Racer

Scotland
Perth
MikeH should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It would appear I'll feel right at home given that Knockhill is identical to that type of weather microsystem!
#68 - 2009 SMRC Scottish Legends Championship.
Old 24 Apr 2007, 13:35 (Ref:1899330)   #80
MikeH
Racer

Scotland
Perth
MikeH should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The FIA GT website indicates a six car entry in the Citation class of the main Championship for Silverstone - 2 MC12s, a corvette, a Viper GTS-R, Ferrari 550 and Ferrari 575... nice to add some more different cars to the mix.
#68 - 2009 SMRC Scottish Legends Championship.
Old 24 Apr 2007, 15:17 (Ref:1899395)   #81
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
(Apologies if it was mentioned already) DSC have reported that Barwell are entering one of their Astons in the Citation Cup, and are shamelessly getting Learjet sponsorship (a business rival of Citation)
Old 24 Apr 2007, 15:36 (Ref:1899408)   #82
Bramzel
Veteran

Netherlands
Apeldoorn, The Netherlands
Bramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
With Johnny Cocker as a driver. When you let fast drivers like him drive in the Citation Cup, what's the point of the whole concept? I thought the Citation Cup was for gentlemen drivers and not for talented young guns? No offense to Johnny Cocker, I rate him highly and consider him to be a very talented driver. I just don't think that he should be allowed in the Citation Cup.
Old 24 Apr 2007, 17:19 (Ref:1899463)   #83
Justin Moran
Veteran

UK-ROI
St Helens
Justin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJustin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AstonGeoff

Just remebering the LMES 2 years ago! Absolute downpour for three hours of a 6 hour race and the forecast site I use (metcheck) was spot on for the times!
I too hope they are wrong and Bentley's forecasters are the right ones!
I'll have all the necessary clothing cos I'm on the bank but I still feel justified in going for a hotel and not camping at this one.
Old 24 Apr 2007, 17:29 (Ref:1899473)   #84
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bramzel
With Johnny Cocker as a driver. When you let fast drivers like him drive in the Citation Cup, what's the point of the whole concept? I thought the Citation Cup was for gentlemen drivers and not for talented young guns? No offense to Johnny Cocker, I rate him highly and consider him to be a very talented driver. I just don't think that he should be allowed in the Citation Cup.
No your probably right but is this the car he shared with Jonny Kane in Zuhai or an altogether separate entry?
Old 24 Apr 2007, 17:40 (Ref:1899481)   #85
Bramzel
Veteran

Netherlands
Bramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Same entry except for the fact that Piers Johnson will be partnering him now instead of Jonny Kane.
Old 24 Apr 2007, 17:42 (Ref:1899484)   #86
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Oh??!! That's a shame would've been nice to see Jonny Kane racing! And would've been nice to see another entry rather than them simply moving the car into a different class.

Still no news of any Saleens, even in Citation?
Old 24 Apr 2007, 18:44 (Ref:1899530)   #87
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Dont know if this has been mentioned before but for those of us who receive Men and Motors not only will they be covering the race live but they are also covering qualifying live too! http://www.fiagt.com/television.php Great to see the series getting such good mainstream coverage, Men and Motors is available I beleive via Freeview, Satellite and cable? More than can be said for what we had last year with Bravo.
Old 24 Apr 2007, 19:06 (Ref:1899543)   #88
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
dj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Just remebering the LMES 2 years ago! Absolute downpour for three hours of a 6 hour race and the forecast site I use (metcheck) was spot on for the times!
I'll have all the necessary clothing cos I'm on the bank but I still feel justified in going for a hotel and not camping at this one.
i hope it doesnt rain, as for suitable clothing a mate suggested running onto the grid in the borat thong , a pleasent surprise for any ladies speaking of the change the grid girl thing in parc ferme
Old 24 Apr 2007, 21:58 (Ref:1899690)   #89
Geva-Nelson
Racer

Netherlands
Geva-Nelson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
After reading some comments on the FIA GT site, this is the entrylist how i see it. Citation Cup entries are in bold. Looks pretty decent aye

1. Phoenix Carsport Chevrolet Corvette C6.R
2. Vitaphone Racing Maserati MC12
3. Vitaphone Racing Maserati MC12
4. All-Ink.Com Lamborghini Murcielago R-GT
5. All-Ink.Com Lamborghini Murcielago R-GT
6. Scuderia Playteam Maserati MC12
7. Scuderia Playteam Maserati MC12
8. GLPK Carsport Chevrolet Corvette C5-R
9. Loris Kessel Racing Ferrari 575 GTC
10. BMS Scuderia Italia Aston Martin DBR9
11. BMS Scuderia Italia Aston Martin DBR9
12. JMB Racing Maserati MC12
13. JMB Racing Maserati MC12
14. PSI Motorsport Chevrolet Corvette C6.R
15. Barwell Motorsport Aston Martin DBR9
16. Jet-Alliance Aston Martin DBR9
17. Jet-Alliance Aston Martin DBR9
18. Selleslagh Racing Team Chevrolet Corvette C5-R
19. Sollution F Ferrari 550 GTS
20. Red Racing Chrysler Viper GTS-R

21. AF Corse Ferrari 430 GT2
22. AF Corse Ferrari 430 GT2
23. Scuderia Ecosse Ferrari 430 GT2
24. Scuderia Ecosse Ferrari 430 GT2
25. Team Felbermayr-Proton Porsche 996 GT3 RSR
26. Ebimotors Porsche 997 GT3 RSR
27. BMS Scuderia Italia Porsche 997 GT3 RSR
28. Tech 9 Racing Porsche 997 GT3 RSR
29. Edil Cris Racing Ferrari 430 GT2
30. Edil Cris Racing Ferrari 430 GT2
31. Belgian Racing Gillet Vertigo
Old 24 Apr 2007, 23:39 (Ref:1899739)   #90
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yes it looks to be a very strong entry list, dont forget though that the Viper is running to G2 regulations. Effectively GT2.
Old 25 Apr 2007, 06:07 (Ref:1899832)   #91
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Not effectively GT2 - Just for some reason not fully GT1 compliant
Old 25 Apr 2007, 06:34 (Ref:1899841)   #92
mirkob
Veteran

Italy
Rome
mirkob should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes, the Viper should have the FFSA configuration for weight, rear wing (2004) and restrictors
Old 25 Apr 2007, 07:13 (Ref:1899851)   #93
Bramzel
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by SALEEN S7R
Yes it looks to be a very strong entry list, dont forget though that the Viper is running to G2 regulations. Effectively GT2.
G2 can not be compared to GT2. G2 is just a collective class for cars that don't fit GT1 or GT2 regulations. Remember Spa 24h 2003 when the Zakspeed Viper and Selleslagh Corvette also drove in G2, and those were 'normal' GT1's.
Old 25 Apr 2007, 08:14 (Ref:1899906)   #94
Justin Moran
Veteran

UK-ROI
St Helens
Justin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJustin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj choc ice
i hope it doesnt rain, as for suitable clothing a mate suggested running onto the grid in the borat thong , a pleasent surprise for any ladies speaking of the change the grid girl thing in parc ferme
Just cant imagine me marshalling in a Borat thong! Those that know me would heartily agree!
Oh! And it looks like my initial forecast was thankfully wrong, its now looking dry but decidedly chilly!
Old 25 Apr 2007, 08:16 (Ref:1899908)   #95
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Yes a good list but perhaps not as big as I imagined it would be.

One would've thought Citation Cup would've mustered at least 10 cars considering how many several year old Vipers and 550's and Listers are knocking around not doing a lot. Expensive enough to run though I guess...

Also disappointed that a couple of Saleen's haven't materialised as yet. I imagine Mr Ratel is working hard in the background on that?

Don't get me wrong 30 entries is impressive however, I went through the possible entries in my head whilst trying to sleep last night and thought that we might have got between 35-40 entries for this one.
Old 25 Apr 2007, 10:38 (Ref:1899973)   #96
Sean Edwards
Racer

United Kingdom
Monaco
Sean Edwards should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I for one look forward to driving against Nigel Mansell! It should be quite interesting to see how fast he really is still. I heard he did not go so well at the Knockhill test with Ecosse...

It should bring good publicity to GT2 though and the FIA GT event in general, so that has got to be good!

The citation cup having so many entries is good for GT1, but not so good for GT2. As some of the drivers are slow enough to interfere with GT2 battles and it is very annoying to have a car you are not competing against among you, disturbing things. Look at the JMB Maserati in China for an example...

I hope the citation drivers are faster than the GT2 cars at Silverstone...

Hopefully we have no wheel nut problems this time and we can actually get a decent result I am confident we can get a good result here, as I love the track and have done enough laps of it to be able to drive it blind haha.

Hope you all have fun at the weekend and come by and say hello if you’re in the pits, I will be happy to show you around the car if I am not too busy.
Old 25 Apr 2007, 12:44 (Ref:1900069)   #97
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
And it looks like my initial forecast was thankfully wrong, its now looking dry but decidedly chilly!
I'm pretty sure the forecasts will constantly change over the next week or so, before deciding upon sunny. Where, of course, it will promptly rain

Regarding the Viper, I'd just thought it was in G2 because the GTS-R's homologation had run out?
Old 25 Apr 2007, 13:03 (Ref:1900103)   #98
Geva-Nelson
Racer

Netherlands
Geva-Nelson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i was looking for more french cars as well+ the Rock Media Pagani
Old 25 Apr 2007, 15:12 (Ref:1900192)   #99
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
I'm commuting distance away, and NEED a dry Saturday night, as it's Minimangler's 18th that day!
But I have cameras that will keep out 6 hours of torrential, and mountain/hillwalking kit to keep ME dry.

I'll be thinking of you, I remember marshalling Sutton Park in stair rods one year! That, and the 6 hours in 1985 (I think. First race for the 956...) when it was freezing cold and raining. Just a 512 bi Turbo on over run to keep us warm!
Old 25 Apr 2007, 19:01 (Ref:1900366)   #100
minimangler
Veteran

Wales
Leftfield, somewhere.
minimangler should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
yeh, 18th =]
so, beer is welcomed, as are general cheeriness.

i'll be the one with the nikon d50 and the 70-200 lens, looking like an extra from a bad 70s porn film in big glasses.
hopefully, www.jakeyorath.co.uk (my website) should be running by then, so i can upload photos on site via laptop. stupid question, any wireless net at Silverstone?

and men and motors is available on freesat (sky freeview) but no longer freeview, and sky etc.