Lets try that again.
Attached Thumbnails
integra-rc.jpg  
Old 24 Jun 2001, 10:34 (Ref:108955)   #78
Hobson
Veteran

England
Notts, UK
Hobson should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHobson should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Thats quite smart. I guess you don't race with it in that condition . I would be scared to trash something that good.
Old 24 Jun 2001, 11:52 (Ref:108985)   #79
AdrianG
Racer

AdrianG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Actually I've only started racing recently and the car has done about 5 meetings so far. The body only has damage on the bottom of the front spoiler where it sometimes bottoms out.
Old 25 Jun 2001, 06:36 (Ref:109425)   #80
Hobson
Veteran

England
Notts, UK
Hobson should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHobson should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Anyhow, how long have you had your car? I've had my HPI RS4 Pro 3 about 2 weeks ago, and i've had my other cars for about 2 years, so they aren't too up-to-date (not that I need up-to-date technology ).
Old 25 Jun 2001, 10:27 (Ref:109482)   #81
AdrianG
Racer

I bought the car second hand about three years from a friend who also races. It basically sat at home doing nothing until earlier this year when I finally pulled it out and started racing it.
Old 10 Jul 2001, 06:38 (Ref:115118)   #82
Hobson
Veteran

England
Notts, UK
I have found the most boring form of racing- OVAL. I borrowed a friends car and had a go at my local club. 78 laps in 5 mins, and only standard motors and mechanical speedos!

BTW touringlegend- did you ever race at your local club?
Old 10 Jul 2001, 21:08 (Ref:115379)   #83
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Hobson
BTW touringlegend- did you ever race at your local club?
Unfortunately not. I never seem to be able to 'get round to it.' Have got the clubs contact details, but firstly I need to get my bloody car to go!!! It's wrecked!
Might phone him[man at club] up and see if I can go to watch, or even practice with my SLR camera. I have come into, lets say a 'considerable' amount of money, so might spend some of it on something, but I have been told it is to pay for my driving lessons next year!!

BTW, here is a pic of a Tamiya Tl01 chassis with a Protoform Focus body on it.
Old 14 Jul 2001, 16:57 (Ref:117062)   #84
Hobson
Veteran

England
Notts, UK
Oval racing scares the life out of me! Going flat out into other cars isn't my cup of tea.

Does anyone visit www.hpiracing.com reguarly? I'm a member on their forum. AdrianG, there is a thread on HPI's Integra shell. Do you want me to post it over there because it looks great.

Touringlegend, wheres the red on your Focus? Post it in the rallying forum here and see what they think. Visit the forum at the HPI site because in the Electic forum, there are a lot of TL-01 threads such as set up, and handling which might be of use to you.

See you guys soon!
Old 14 Jul 2001, 19:30 (Ref:117109)   #85
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Hobson
Touringlegend, wheres the red on your Focus? Post it in the rallying forum here and see what they think. Visit the forum at the HPI site because in the Electic forum, there are a lot of TL-01 threads such as set up, and handling which might be of use to you.
Mistake! I painted it all white then realised I had forgot the red as I thought the red would have been a decal!
Are you in the HPI forum Hobson? I'm going to join.
Old 15 Jul 2001, 09:33 (Ref:117247)   #86
Hobson
Veteran

England
Notts, UK
Yes, I'm a member. My name is the same as here - Hobson. I'm mostly in the 'Body and Painting tips Forum'.

BTW, your Focus looks 'fresh'.
Old 15 Jul 2001, 14:16 (Ref:117313)   #87
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
Yes, it does look quite fresh, doesn't it?
One problem is that the body's just a touch big for the chassis.
Old 16 Jul 2001, 02:45 (Ref:117513)   #88
AdrianG
Racer

I am now a member of the HPI forum as Adriang. Just one question, how do you post picture there? I couldn't work that one out last night.
Old 16 Jul 2001, 06:34 (Ref:117577)   #89
Hobson
Veteran

England
Notts, UK
touringlegend, thats because the TL-01 is 190mm wide, but the Protoform Focus is 200mm wide

AdrianG, to post a picture there, or here in fact, do this.
[IMG] http:// (put picture's web address here) [/IMG]
To find the picture's web address, right click on the picture and click on properties.
Try it on this picture.

Last edited by Hobson; 16 Jul 2001 at 06:38.
Old 25 Jul 2001, 11:26 (Ref:121501)   #90
Hobson
Veteran

England
Notts, UK
Put any pictures you have to do with R/C cars here, I'll put some custom painted shells that I have found from the net.
Old 25 Jul 2001, 11:28 (Ref:121504)   #91
Hobson
Veteran

England
Notts, UK
Old 25 Jul 2001, 11:29 (Ref:121505)   #92
Hobson
Veteran

England
Notts, UK
Old 11 Aug 2001, 15:10 (Ref:128923)   #93
Hobson
Veteran

England
Notts, UK
Helloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo?

<tumbleweed rolls past>

Old 11 Aug 2001, 15:42 (Ref:128931)   #94
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
Hi there Hobson.

Your needing to shout a bit louder so folk hear you!

What you been up to with your car(s) anyway? Any new ones?

By the way I got my car going again! I'm not telling you what it was as it was something so stupid and simple I can't believe I didn't notice it!!!!

But a screw fell out that holds the suspension arm thingy, and now the wheel has got loads of toe-in! The wheel looks something like this // !

I'm considering buying a BTC-Touring replica car shell, whether its a Astra Coupe, Peugeot 406 Coupe, or Lexus IS200 I'm not sure but it will probably be the Lexus IS200. Could you put any links to sites with them on here if you know of any?

There's only one problem Hobson? How do I make the extended wheel arches and wings, and how do you make the decals?

PS - Did you ever take any pictures of the Astra Coupe you painted in Egg Sport colours?
Old 11 Aug 2001, 16:43 (Ref:128946)   #95
Hobson
Veteran

England
Notts, UK
No new cars, or bodies! I have been on holiday for 2 weeks,so I'm broke .

Answers to questions:
I will post pics of the Astra DTM cars, because they are similar to the BTCC cars. The 406 is shown above and I can find a Lexus.

Arches are very difficult so I wouldn't bother unless you have loads of hours and paitence. Decals can be downloaded to your hard drive from the net and printed onto clear sticky backed paper.

Unfortunately, our digicam came after the Egg Sport Astra was sold.
Old 11 Aug 2001, 19:09 (Ref:128978)   #96
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
About the Decals, I'm hoping that they'll be like the real thing, so I'll hardly be able to download them off the net.
How would I go about doing it? Make a stencil and spray the inside with the appropriate colour, or make stickers?

I found some IS200 pics Hobson.

This picture is a Tamiya Lexus IS200, comes in plain colours with no pattern, but the wheels seem smaller and there is more space on the wings than the other picture I will post in a minute.
Old 11 Aug 2001, 19:15 (Ref:128980)   #97
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
This is the HPI Racing Altezza. It has got a huge rear wing that I would have to make for the other one, but there is not much room between the wheel arch and the windows/top of the car.

Which one do you think is best, I would go for the Tamiya as it is on a Tl01 chassis which is what I have.

BTW - I thought about the wheel arch thing. if I did that the wheels would need to be extended out which I don't know how to do.
Old 12 Aug 2001, 10:26 (Ref:129151)   #98
Hobson
Veteran

England
Notts, UK
OK. To do decals on the inside of the shell, mask off the area of the shell you want the design to be in. Then, draw the design/words backwards to the way you want it using a pencil. With a knife, carefully cut out the deisgn from the tape, but don't go through the body as I did once!

The Tamiya Lexus looks way better than the HPI one, but the Tamiya item is between £40 - £60 whereas the HPI shell is only £19. The Tamiya one wouldn't come with any decals eg. lights, grills, window lines etc. They are shown in the picture you have because the stickers come in the TL-01 Lexus kit. As the TL-01 is £70, I would get the kit so you have both the shell you want, and a complete spare chassis.

See your local model shop about wheel spacers and 26mm wheels and tyres to widen your car. These would also fill the arches on your Focus too.
Old 12 Aug 2001, 11:06 (Ref:129165)   #99
Hobson
Veteran

England
Notts, UK
Here are 2 Carson Astra DTM cars. They fit your TL-01 chassis. If you want one of them, I can get the part number for you.

Old 12 Aug 2001, 11:09 (Ref:129168)   #100
Hobson
Veteran

England
Notts, UK
This one is in a different colour and the picture is clearer.

Last edited by Hobson; 12 Aug 2001 at 11:09.