Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 29 Apr 2006, 14:37 (Ref:1597576)   #76
MikeHoyer
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northampton, UK
MikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by SALEEN S7R
Warning, what follows is a rant and does not necessarily represent the opinions of Ten-Tenths.
(To be honest, it probably doesn't even represent the opinions of the poster when they aren't ranting.)

I love my motorsport, but personally Im not really a fan of club level racing which is one of the reasons I woudnt want to be a marshall. I like top level International racing and I go to top International race events throughout the UK, if you become a Marshall however you quite often find yourself watching lots of club racing, something that woudnt interest me that much personally, marshalling at a bigger national/international meeting however with cars that interest me would be very differnt however. I dont think im the only person here to share that view.

We now return you to our normal ramblings.
No problem with that, not everybody has the time or interest to become a marshal or whatever. Just go as a member of the public, nothing wrong with that, but act in an appropriate manner!
Old 29 Apr 2006, 14:55 (Ref:1597582)   #77
shambles
Veteran

England
Soton, UK
shambles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridshambles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
PORSCHE LANDS IN PUKEKOHE GRANDSTAND
Dean Fulford survived a spectacular accident which saw his Porsche GT3 crash through the catch fencing and land in a grandstand. Luckily the area was free of spectators and no-one was injured.
I agree strongly with those who oppose those who were in prohibited areas. I understand the curiosities, and I understand the fact that it wasn't properly regulated, but use your common sense!
Old 29 Apr 2006, 15:19 (Ref:1597588)   #78
bigjon
Racer

bigjon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Here's a point no one's mentioned

the same test in 2000 - held in april that year too - zonta flew off the hanger straight launched in the stowe gravel trap and ended up (i think) in the area just behind the catch fence.

anyone who saw the crash on the track cctv that day knows how violent an incident it was - what if some idiot ignored restrictions and stood there on that day?
Old 29 Apr 2006, 15:28 (Ref:1597590)   #79
Phoenix1
Veteran

Phoenix1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Motorsport is dangerous. If you ignore the warnings and signs and get killed well it is your fault. Simply issue free tickets with the condition being that to accept the ticket you accept terms and conditions, these being you enter at your own risk etc... Renault day out all but does this with the free tickets. Also specators when directed will 99.9% the time (there is always one) respect a simple tape barrier. I mean Donnington has a simple bit of rope at the end of the hairpin. Put notices up like "do not pass x coloured safety tape" and roll some of it out. Put a plan of the circuit up showing good places to stand and banned places inc. "you are here" try these places near to you. From what I hear it is not that most people where going through barriers simply there was no sign or indication not to go to the barrier.
Old 29 Apr 2006, 15:40 (Ref:1597594)   #80
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Hadfield, Derbyshire (UK)
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix1
From what I hear it is not that most people where going through barriers simply there was no sign or indication not to go to the barrier.
That one statement says it all!

Are these people so stupid that they don't know that a barrier is put there to stop them? If there's a barrier there, don't go past it - it's as simple as that!
Old 29 Apr 2006, 15:57 (Ref:1597600)   #81
Flat12-Aircool
Veteran

United Kingdom
Stoke-on-Trent (The Potteries)
Flat12-Aircool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFlat12-Aircool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Brand
That one statement says it all!

Are these people so stupid that they don't know that a barrier is put there to stop them? If there's a barrier there, don't go past it - it's as simple as that!
For the hundreth time, the barrier between Bridge and Abbey was NOT a proper barrier. Personally it looked more like a "keep to the path and don't walk on the grass" partition rather than a "No access" barrier.
Old 29 Apr 2006, 16:39 (Ref:1597611)   #82
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
to try and inject some humour in here:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flat12-Aircool
For the hundreth time,
You can't count. This is post 82.
Old 29 Apr 2006, 16:40 (Ref:1597612)   #83
ofarc
Rookie

ofarc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Agree totally with Flat12-Aircool.

I did not even notice a barrier and walked by two marshalls to sit in the stands at farm.

Bloody fantastic too!!!
Old 29 Apr 2006, 16:41 (Ref:1597613)   #84
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Aren't we talking about two different things here. One a barrier stopping you walking around to parts of the circuit and the other about going right up to the fencing?
Old 29 Apr 2006, 16:43 (Ref:1597614)   #85
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flat12-Aircool
Personally it looked more like a "keep to the path and don't walk on the grass" partition rather than a "No access" barrier.
Is it alright to walk on the grass if the people who own it don't want you too?
Old 29 Apr 2006, 17:43 (Ref:1597633)   #86
bigjon
Racer

bigjon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamAshmore
Aren't we talking about two different things here. One a barrier stopping you walking around to parts of the circuit and the other about going right up to the fencing?
correct

people ignored the barriers erected and walked past them at bridge to head off towards abey / club etc

meanwhile a copse and seemingly abbey / club and other places people ducked under the rail at the front of the terraces to get right up to the catch fences
Old 29 Apr 2006, 17:44 (Ref:1597634)   #87
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
It's a good job they don't test at Monaco.
Old 29 Apr 2006, 19:14 (Ref:1597682)   #88
Menelaos
Veteran

Greece
Athens, Greece
Menelaos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowlesy
What are they trying to hide? How to be slower than Renault?
Good question. And apparently knows the answer to that, they've all managed to be slower than Renault.
Old 29 Apr 2006, 20:26 (Ref:1597720)   #89
Flat12-Aircool
Veteran

United Kingdom
Stoke-on-Trent (The Potteries)
Flat12-Aircool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFlat12-Aircool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ofarc
Agree totally with Flat12-Aircool.

I did not even notice a barrier and walked by two marshalls to sit in the stands at farm.

Bloody fantastic too!!!
It is a great spot, I got some good footage there.

Whilst I can understand the reasons why Silverstone don't want the crowd to access all the circuit, at future tests they should at least give us upto Abbey chicane as that at least provides us with a place where we can see the cars under heavy braking.

Plus I think it can be easily secured, as I think there's a small gate the other side of the enclosure which they can close to stop people heading down to club corner.
Old 29 Apr 2006, 20:33 (Ref:1597725)   #90
Paddockman
Racer

England
Hampshire UK
Paddockman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hey got an idea!!

Why don't we fence off any spectator viewing area that has less than 250yds of gravel,4 layer armco and 15ft double reinforced steel debris fence and all stay indoors and watch the snooker! Far safer although saying that that cue ball could quite easily fly into the audiance so perhaps they should be forced back further and further and the adition of a safety screen should be considered.

Well Sick of the way Motorsport Specators are treated within this total Nannny State!

Plus, glad I am old enough to have witnessed the days when you could watch from some truly exhilarating places at circuits, at your own risk naturally!! Feel sorry for the younger friends I have who can only dream of it!
Old 29 Apr 2006, 20:43 (Ref:1597731)   #91
JohnEboy
Rookie

JohnEboy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjon
Here's a point no one's mentioned

the same test in 2000 - held in april that year too - zonta flew off the hanger straight launched in the stowe gravel trap and ended up (i think) in the area just behind the catch fence.

anyone who saw the crash on the track cctv that day knows how violent an incident it was - what if some idiot ignored restrictions and stood there on that day?
they would have gotten a cracking close up
Old 30 Apr 2006, 00:10 (Ref:1597855)   #92
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnEboy
they would have gotten a cracking close up
The X-rays would make interesting viewing as well.

Reading some of the previous posts it still seems that we need saving from ourselves.