Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Closed Thread

Old 13 Nov 2007, 15:21 (Ref:2066631)   #76
Frederich
Rookie

Denmark
Aarhus, Denmark
Frederich should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Magnusson
You're also likely to loose your SEAT team, or so it seems. Swedish Volvo tried to enter the final round of the Danish championship several times, but were shot down by the organizers each year. Danish Peugeot has raced atleast twice in Sweden with Edman and Mangnussen. DTC and STCC combined forces for a one-off race at Mantorp, 40+ grid. So it has indeed been done before.
The official SEAT team have ended their official commitment to the series, more or less like Audi i Sweden.

I know that DTC and STCC raced at the same time at Mantorp, but the were not competing, as the were to different series on the track at the same time, no DTC points for the Swedes and the other way around. Thats not a real race.

Image 50+ cars at Sturup
Old 13 Nov 2007, 15:46 (Ref:2066640)   #77
JMeissner
Subscriber
Veteran

Sweden
Sweden
JMeissner should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJMeissner should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Exactly. Why would the DTC not be interested in not running only on very small tracks like they do now?
Old 13 Nov 2007, 16:22 (Ref:2066659)   #78
Frederich
Rookie

Denmark
Aarhus, Denmark
Frederich should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMeissner
Exactly. Why would the DTC not be interested in not running only on very small tracks like they do now?
-Sturup is NOT approved for more than 32 or 34 cars, whitch DTC nearly can fill be themselves.

Offcause they are, if the tracks were located in Denmark, with Danish spectators and live national TV.

I can fully understand the Danish teams, who is to pay for a race in midsweden, the Danish sponsors aint.
Old 14 Nov 2007, 00:23 (Ref:2066987)   #79
Alex K
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
Alex K has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Why you're so sure that Danish backers won't pay for race at Mantorp Park?

NB. Long distanses. Jens Stark Juntilla lives in Falun, how many miles he and his team need to travel from Sturup Raceway to get back to work on Monday morning? ANd he must be named as amateur racer.

I know it would be difficult for some Danish teams.

I think you can compromise series sponsors of both championships if there are any working in the same business industry.

What I meant posting my earlier post was to raise the discussion. I look at your champ's from the UK, and IMO you've got two crown brands in this two leagues. It's a sin not to compromise rules, and championship and end up with championship at the same lever of competition, money, talent, die-hard spectators as WTCC, bah, maybe even bigger championship?

I'd like to see it happening.
Old 19 Nov 2007, 21:48 (Ref:2071210)   #80
PorscheFanNo1
Veteran

Sweden
Winner's Circle
PorscheFanNo1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPorscheFanNo1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Audi pulling out of STCC only to be back with a new A4 in 2009?

http://touringcartimes.com/news.php?id=1638
Old 20 Nov 2007, 14:59 (Ref:2071751)   #81
PorscheFanNo1
Veteran

Sweden
Winner's Circle
PorscheFanNo1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPorscheFanNo1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Now things are really starting to happend in STCC. WRS (Wessman Rally Sport, maybe they have changed to Wessman Racing Sport?) takes over the running of the Chevy in STCC. WRS had this year been running the Picko Troberg Racing's 2 BMWs. Now when Picko Troberg are rumored to start a Honda team, will he partner up with Engstöm, seeing as he now dont have anyone actually running the cars? And where does this leave Nicklas Karlsson, who has been running the Chevys this year? Without a drive yet again?
Old 20 Nov 2007, 17:30 (Ref:2071841)   #82
Jimmy Magnusson
Veteran

Sweden
Jimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oh, it's nothing that dramatic. Karlsson is still the owner of Chevrolet Motorsport Sweden (or NIKA Racing as it was known as previously). They were a bit short on staff and experience this year, and has now brought along Wessman and his crew to run the operation from them. Karlsson looked set to retire and only be manager for 2008 even before the CMS/WRS merge, and nothing seems to have changed since. This seems to me like an indication that money is flowing from Chevrolet to the team.

End result for Picko Troberg is that he hasn't got anyone to run his team, which is probably why he's been chasing the Honda deal. This does however indicate that the Picko/Wessman split happended some time ago - has Picko yet again fallen out with someone? I can't see why Engström would want to give up control of his team just to let Picko run it, and Honda may well be advised to consider Picko's history. He's not exactly been good at keeping friends and usually leaves the projects because he's seen greener pastures or fallen out with someone.

Speaking of falling out with Picko, this may also apply to Hemmingsson/Fine Art. I know Roger Eriksson have been confirmed for next season, but as Nordic Fine Art was fronting up most of the cash for the operation (or so it seems considering their prominence on the cars) it is important to know who confirmed Eriksson. If it was Picko, I wouldn't expect him to be too secure (considering the Colciago/Engström Picko Honda rumors), but if Eriksson has managed to get Hemmingsson to back him he should be able to find a seat.

And on Audi leaving STCC to race elsewhere for a year: I really can't see the point in doing that! Where, for startes? Carrera Cup? I still expect KMS to be back with two cars for 08 with Kristoffersson and another driver. KMS seems to get a large part of its funding from Audi, and keeping the team going in the same series is good for consistency.
Old 20 Nov 2007, 20:24 (Ref:2071969)   #83
Jimmy Magnusson
Veteran

Sweden
Jimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've tried to put togeather a driver/car/team list like they have in the WTCC and BTCC threads.

DriverCarTeamLikely/notes?
F EkblomBMW 320siWest Coast RacingShould be back, has contract
?BMW 320siWest Coast RacingShould be back
R Göransson?Flash EngingeeringShould be back, but what cars?
J Nilsson?Flash EngingeeringShould be back, but what cars?
R DahlgrenVolvo C30Polestar RacingConfirmed
?Volvo C30Polestar Racing2nd car confirmed, Thed Björk has been linked with the drive
T KristofferssonAudi A4Kristoffersson MotorsportRumored to be pulling out, I'm doubting it
?Audi A4Kristoffersson MotorsportRumored to be pulling out, I'm doubting it
J SturesonPeugeot 308?IPS MotorsportShould be back, new car?
M Andersson?MA-GPSaid he will be back, but with what car?
?OpelOpel Team SwedenOpel to stay with Astra or buy a Vectra?
T EngströmHonda AccordEngström MotorsportShould be back or race in WTCC. Picko rumored to be wanting to run the team
?Honda AccordEngström MotorsportSecond car has been mentioned, Honda rumored to be wanting Colciago
D Björk??Intends to be back - has been linked with Chevrolet, will he run by himself again?
J Frid?Team EuromasterWants to move upwards, BTCC Vectra and SEAT has been rumored
R Eriksson?Nordic Fine ArtHas been confirmed but has things changed?
T JohanssonMercedes?MB SportShould be back in one way or another; new cars, current car (1-car team) or another make?
?Mercedes?MB SportHoping to run a second car if new Mercs are built
T TegelbyBMW 320si?Tysslinge RacingWants a 320si
C RosenbladBMW 320si?Elgh MotorsportIntended, currently uncertain if budget will materalise
?Chevrolet LacettiChevrolet Motorsport SwedenDavid Björk has been rumored to get the seat
C LeveauSEAT LeónTeam Sturup RacewayRumored to be switching from the DTC
G KristensenSEAT LeónTeam Sturup RacewayRumored to be switching from the DTC
V HuggareBMW 320i?Huggare RacingShould be back
??Huggare RacingHas mentioned that they could run an additional car

Last edited by Jimmy Magnusson; 20 Nov 2007 at 20:33.
Old 20 Nov 2007, 20:41 (Ref:2071978)   #84
PorscheFanNo1
Veteran

Sweden
Winner's Circle
What makes you think Flash wont drive BMWs?

Also think its quite unlikely Andersson will change car, his 156 was only 2 years old from what I know, heard he got the car for this season, and old one was sold to Portugal (I think it was).
Old 20 Nov 2007, 21:15 (Ref:2071999)   #85
Jimmy Magnusson
Veteran

Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by PorscheFanNo1
What makes you think Flash wont drive BMWs?

Also think its quite unlikely Andersson will change car, his 156 was only 2 years old from what I know, heard he got the car for this season, and old one was sold to Portugal (I think it was).
I only put them as a question mark because they are selling their current ones. I of course think that they will get new 320si's, but as nothing is confirmed yet...

I'm going to email Mattias and ask about his Alfa. Some claimed that it was a new car, others that it wasn't (Johan Torén was among those, but what does he know).
Old 21 Nov 2007, 12:16 (Ref:2072416)   #86
PorscheFanNo1
Veteran

Sweden
Winner's Circle
Quote:
I only put them as a question mark because they are selling their current ones. I of course think that they will get new 320si's, but as nothing is confirmed yet...

I'm going to email Mattias and ask about his Alfa. Some claimed that it was a new car, others that it wasn't (Johan Torén was among those, but what does he know).
Yeah, but how often does Torén actually know what is really going on? Nah, nothing bad against him, he does a great job for getting STCC live on SVT!

Cool, let us know if Mattias replys.
Old 21 Nov 2007, 13:14 (Ref:2072457)   #87
JMeissner
Subscriber
Veteran

Sweden
Sweden
JMeissner should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJMeissner should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
I still expect KMS to be back with two cars for 08 with Kristoffersson and another driver.
http://www.touringcartimes.com/news.php?id=1648
Old 21 Nov 2007, 13:51 (Ref:2072495)   #88
Jimmy Magnusson
Veteran

Sweden
It still doesn't make sense to me. Continuinty! Surely they're risking a lot staying out a year in terms of loosing people and up-to-date experience?
I do wonder though what will happen to KMS. The previous article said that they would race in some other Swedish championship - Carrera Cup is really the only one that I can imagine seeing them in.
Old 21 Nov 2007, 14:10 (Ref:2072510)   #89
Bramzel
Veteran

Netherlands
Apeldoorn, The Netherlands
Bramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
But that's Audi pulling out. Isn't it possible for KMS to find funding somewhere else to continue without the support of Audi Sweden for one year with one or two cars?
Old 21 Nov 2007, 16:14 (Ref:2072578)   #90
Jimmy Magnusson
Veteran

Sweden
Yes, I noticed that after reading the article on the KMS website. A large part of the funding seems to have come from Audi (S Line, Audiförsäkringar, Audi Original), and Shell is no longer with them - they have, however, picked up Hugo Boss during the year, so a year in Carrera Cup might fit that company's image.
Old 21 Nov 2007, 23:28 (Ref:2072986)   #91
Alex K
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
It just came through my mind, that maybe Audi will not return in 2009?! What than? He needs to work on back-up plan, doesn't he?

Year in Carrera Cup Scandinavia? Yeah, why not, but as you say he was completely washed out of his backing, apart of Hugo Boss... So, sabbatical?
Old 22 Nov 2007, 16:40 (Ref:2073617)   #92
PorscheFanNo1
Veteran

Sweden
Winner's Circle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex K
but as you say he was completely washed out of his backing, apart of Hugo Boss... So, sabbatical?
I dont think someone like KMS will find it hard to get sponsors now when the word is out he's looking for options. Theres still time to find new sponsors and make new plans for next season.
Old 23 Nov 2007, 07:58 (Ref:2074001)   #93
Jimmy Magnusson
Veteran

Sweden
Updated list after some of the latest news.

DriverCarTeamLikely/notes?
F EkblomBMW 320siWest Coast RacingConfirmed
R RudholmBMW 320siWest Coast RacingConfirmed
R Göransson?Flash EngingeeringShould be back, but what cars?
J Nilsson?Flash EngingeeringShould be back, but what cars?
R DahlgrenVolvo C30Polestar RacingConfirmed
?Volvo C30Polestar Racing2nd car confirmed, Thed Björk has been linked with the drive
T Kristoffersson?Kristoffersson MotorsportAudi support gone, maybe something?
??Kristoffersson MotorsportAudi support gone, maybe something?
J SturesonPeugeot 308?IPS MotorsportShould be back, new car?
M Andersson?MA-GPSaid he will be back, but with what car?
?OpelOpel Team SwedenOpel to stay with Astra or buy a Vectra?
T EngströmHonda AccordEngström MotorsportShould be back or race in WTCC
?Honda AccordEngström MotorsportSecond car has been mentioned, Honda rumored to be wanting Colciago
D Björk??Intends to be back - has been linked with Chevrolet, will he run by himself again?
J Frid?Team EuromasterWants to move upwards, BTCC Vectra and SEAT has been rumored
R Eriksson?Nordic Fine ArtHas been confirmed but has things changed?
T JohanssonMercedes?MB SportShould be back in one way or another; new cars, current car (1-car team) or another make?
?Mercedes?MB SportHoping to run a second car if new Mercs are built
T TegelbyBMW 320si?Tysslinge RacingWants a 320si
C RosenbladBMW 320si?Elgh MotorsportIntended, currently uncertain if budget will materalise
?Chevrolet LacettiChevrolet Motorsport SwedenDavid Björk has been rumored to get the seat
C LeveauSEAT LeónTeam Sturup RacewayRumored to be switching from the DTC
G KristensenSEAT LeónTeam Sturup RacewayRumored to be switching from the DTC
V HuggareBMW 320i?Huggare RacingShould be back
??Huggare RacingHas mentioned that they could run an additional car
Old 23 Nov 2007, 13:45 (Ref:2074167)   #94
PorscheFanNo1
Veteran

Sweden
Winner's Circle
Not a lot of Caran drivers on that list, altho when its only a month or two before the season I expect to hear far more announcements that we'll get a big feild in the privateers cup, seeing as theres a lot of very fast cars on the market for a very seasonable price, and with STCC going live on SVT it should be fairly easy to find a budget to run in Caran Cup, dont you think? Just look at STCC in 98-99 where half the feild was privateers in "old" BMWs and Nissans and whatever you could find.
Old 23 Nov 2007, 18:41 (Ref:2074331)   #95
Alex K
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
Whaz Caran Cup?
Old 23 Nov 2007, 18:46 (Ref:2074332)   #96
PorscheFanNo1
Veteran

Sweden
Winner's Circle
Privateers Cup.
Old 23 Nov 2007, 18:53 (Ref:2074338)   #97
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
For cars 2003 or older.
Old 23 Nov 2007, 18:55 (Ref:2074339)   #98
PorscheFanNo1
Veteran

Sweden
Winner's Circle
2005 or older for next year.
Old 23 Nov 2007, 22:47 (Ref:2074441)   #99
Alex K
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
Do they compete in STCC races or JTCC races, or they compete in their own race? Sorry for stupid questions, never heard of, I thought you were thinking of Camaro Cup?
Old 24 Nov 2007, 01:05 (Ref:2074494)   #100
PorscheFanNo1
Veteran

Sweden
Winner's Circle
Same as Independence Cup in WTCC...
Closed Thread