Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Racers Forum

Old 25 Sep 2008, 13:31 (Ref:2297665)   #76
Richard Dean
Rookie

Richard Dean should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have been watching the news and reports hoping for some good news on this story so I am greatful to Sara for keeping everybody up to date.
Now that I know the best wishes of everybody will be read out to Andy, I would like to add my thoughts to the many messages willing Andy to make a full recovery and hopefully very quickly. I hope we can see Andy at a circuit soon and love and best wishes to his family.
Old 25 Sep 2008, 13:56 (Ref:2297675)   #77
Urgentemente
Racer

United Kingdom
Liverpool,UK
Urgentemente should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just to echo what Richard said, I'm sure we all appreciate whatever & whenever you can update us regarding Andy's condition. To read what sounds like an improvement in his condition is really good news for everyone involved I'm sure. Although I've never met Andy personally I was at the incident and it's obvious from other comments on here what a well thought after guy he is, I look forward to meeting him at a future event.
You've got the collective thoughts and willpower of the Men&Women In Orange behind you Andy , get well soon.
Old 25 Sep 2008, 14:18 (Ref:2297683)   #78
White flag man
Veteran

Greenland
West Hampstead, North London
White flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWhite flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Thanks the the update,
good news. Come on Andy, you can win this one. We're all urging you on.
Still thinking of you Sara, you have a great man.
Old 25 Sep 2008, 14:19 (Ref:2297684)   #79
Elementary
Rookie

Elementary should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would just like to thank all of Andy's family for keeping everyone up to date on his progress. I know that i look every day during my lunch to see if there is any news and i'm sure that I am not alone.

The most recent update contains some fantastic news. I am so pleased to hear that he is not in a Coma any more - although i don't think he would thank me for being glad he's in pain. I hope that this is the start of one of his well known fight backs.

I'm sure i speak for everyone when I say that we are all aware that this is a very difficult time for Andy's family and friends. Bearing that in mind, I would like to express my thanks and appreciation to you all for keeping us informed on Andy's condition and progress. I know that I've not thought of much else since coming off of post on Sunday and learning the awful truth about his condition.

Please pass on again to Andy and all the family best wishes from Grant and myself.

Annie & Grant Watson
Old 25 Sep 2008, 15:43 (Ref:2297727)   #80
warweezil
Racer

England
Half way up on the left - far from Home
warweezil should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good to hear positive news. I have stayed out of this until now being a relative newcomer to the Orange army, but as a life long Mo'sport fan, I wanted to say I am glad to hear that he seems to be making progress - even if it is only a small step at a time.
Old 25 Sep 2008, 16:57 (Ref:2297776)   #81
Adam28
Rookie

Scotland
Kirkcaldy, Fife, Scotland!
Adam28 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Andy, Sara and family,

You have been in my thoughts every day since the accident. In my short time marshalling I have never been at an event with such a big accident, hearing the event unfolding over the radio is the first, and hopefully the last , time I will ever have to listen to something like that again.

I did not know the full extent of Andy's condition until after the race, and since then have regularly been checking to see how he is. It is good to hear that he is improving and has been communicating with the rest of the family. I wish you good luck for the operation on Saturday and for the rest of his recovery. Hopefully he'll be back behind the wheel soon. Thank you to Sara and Andy's other relatives for keeping us informed, it can't be easy just now.

Sorry it has taken me so long to post a comment, i just wasn't sure what to say. I didn't want to repeat what everyone else has said, i wanted to say something different. But in the end there is only one thing to say,

Get well soon Andy

Adam
Old 25 Sep 2008, 17:12 (Ref:2297789)   #82
Richard Dean
Rookie

Richard Dean should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have been watching the news and reports hoping for some good news on this story so I am greatful to Sara for keeping everybody up to date.
Now that I know the best wishes of everybody will be read out to Andy, I would like to add my thoughts to the many messages willing Andy to make a full recovery and hopefully very quickly. I hope we can see Andy at a circuit soon and love and best wishes to his family.
Old 25 Sep 2008, 18:40 (Ref:2297837)   #83
Tippyracer
Rookie

Tippyracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have been watching for news of Andy each day and am heartened to hear he is out of his coma and a bit more aware of his family around him. He has a long way to go and is seriously ill but I just wanbted to add my, and my family's best wishes to Andy and his family for a speedy and full recovery.
I knew Andy when he was in the Fiesta Challenge and had lost contact with him in recent years but he is a tremdously nice guy and a truly great racer for all the right reasons and none of the wrong...a tribute to the sport we all love so dearly.
Look forward to seeing you back in the drivers seat soon Andy...I hear there is a TVR waiting for you to take control of and master.
Best wishes and good luck to you and your family!
John
Old 25 Sep 2008, 18:54 (Ref:2297845)   #84
Gravel slag
Rookie

England
Coventry
Gravel slag should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just like to add my own comments: It goes without saying that I wish Andy a very speedy recovery whilst at the same time extend my best wishes to all the family. I was at copse and moved up to help.
We marshals love our sport the same as the drivers but it is well known that NO marshal ever wants ayone to get hurt in any event let alone something of this scale.
My thoughts are with you all in The Neate family, and we hope to see Andy back at Silverstone in the future.
P.S. Thoughts also for Richard who was also involved in this incident.
Old 25 Sep 2008, 19:34 (Ref:2297880)   #85
Jason W
Rookie

Jason W should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I knew Andy some 10-15 years ago when Andy, Chris and myself used to get up to most things young guys did, and whilst we didnt always see eye to eye i can say i was stunned by the news i heard this morning about this horrific accident, reading all the posts it seems Andy was a very talented driver (i remember being better back then - joke...), the last time i saw him he wanted to drive Touring Cars -i hope that dream will still come true for you, my thoughts extend to Sara and his children who i have not met, and to his mum, dad and sister who i have. Take care Andy.
Old 25 Sep 2008, 20:00 (Ref:2297893)   #86
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Best wishes to Andy for a full recovery.
Old 25 Sep 2008, 20:11 (Ref:2297900)   #87
ngdragon
Rookie

Wales
ngdragon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My thoughts are with you

best wishes for saturday and the future
Old 25 Sep 2008, 21:18 (Ref:2297945)   #88
AR-CoolC
Racer

United Kingdom
Lincoln
AR-CoolC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A post on Piston Heads from Ian Neate

Quote:
Andy's Dad Here,Just thought i would give you all an update on Andy's progress,he is still heavily sedated and today they change the pipe of the ventilator for a smaller one,making it more comfortable for him.he still has a slight infection in his left lung of which is slowly getting better.They are hoping to operate tomorrow or saturday on his neck all being well,so you can imagine we will all be on tender hooks waiting for the results.As Andy's father and i also speak for sara and sara-jane infact all the family who has been constantly at his bedside we are gaining much strength from all of your kind words and thoughts for my son's full recovery,Andy has much inner strength and determination and we know he and all of us with him will pull through this tragic time.I will try to keep you all updated as much as possible.Thankyou to all.
Old 25 Sep 2008, 21:43 (Ref:2297964)   #89
bacon sandwich
Racer

United Kingdom
basildon essex
bacon sandwich should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We are all thinking of Andy and all his family and hope everything is fine and he is back fighting fit as soon as possible
Old 25 Sep 2008, 23:18 (Ref:2298007)   #90
The SpeCTator
Veteran

United Kingdom
South East - England
The SpeCTator should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I met Andy when he first started racing and he impressed me. He was quick out of the box, knew when to bolt on new tyres at the right time and how to make the best of them. He too was clever at getiing the big brand names to sponsor him as he progressed. Now my memory is not my strongest assett but I seem to recall he had invented something that would replace the lightbulb and had negotiated a deal with the lightbulb companies never to market( now I might be entirely wrong or it was a wind up or just my bad memory!) but he was a caractor with a good sense of humour! To learn of this accident is very sad, I wish him all the strength and determination to make progress day by day and feel so much for the family watching on with such concern. Hopefully each day will get a little better and one day he will be able to personally thank the marshalls and medics that clearly paid such a vital role in his rescue.
Old 25 Sep 2008, 23:21 (Ref:2298009)   #91
mirage
Rookie

mirage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Glad to hear things are starting to slowly improve Andy,fingers crossed all goes well over the weekend and then you can really get stuck into recovering and getting back to full fitness,we're all gonna miss you while you are out getting better, but looking forward to welcoming you back on the grid matey,but i'm sure come next season you'll be there.

Graham Coomes.
Old 26 Sep 2008, 19:49 (Ref:2298628)   #92
Les
Veteran

Kenya
Suffolk,UK
Les should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
latest news from Andy's sister:-
Today was an emotional day, Andy had his op and being as he always has to be a little special, they had to do the op a little differently to initially intended.

He is still on the ventilator and also has the chest drain still in. However they did give him a smaller ventilator tube in the hope it would not be so uncomfy for him.

Unfortunately both the chest drain and the ventilator tube have been giving Andy quite some pain, however we are hopeful that both will soon be able to be removed.

Andy has also picked up a couple of infections from where his initial tubes were put in,but he is being pumped with antibiotics to try and help this.

Now that he has had his op done it enables the dr's and nurse's to allow him to be propped up a little, which should also aid the treatment of his lung infection.

Now truthfully it is somewhat a waiting game, we have been warned that the next 48 hrs will be very stressful, as Andy will be coming off of sedation, is in absolute agony and will probably need telling once again what has happened to him. We still have no clue if or what he remembers of the accident, but truthfully we are praying he remembers nothing. Sometimes it is better not to remember.

When I left the hospital this evening he was moving his legs quite alot, mainly because he is in so much pain and in the end the nurses had to put up the safety bars on both sides of his bed to stop his from falling out of the bed.

So tomorrow is another day, hopefully we will have a better understanding and idea of whether Andy remembers anything. But the one thing Sara and I are most looking forward to is being able to hear his voice. I never thought I would crave to hear a person speak quite so much as I do right now with my brother.

Finally I would like to add a little something to those special people in Andy's life. It may seem a little Hallmark card's to some of you,but often it is better said in writing and certainly alot easier to get across.

To Sara - God knows where my brother would be without you babes, I love you like your my own sister, not only have I got the most gorgeous Nephew and Niece because of you, but I have a happy content brother, and without you this would not be possible. I know he knows how lucky he is to have you gorgeous, but sometimes you need to be told how much your appreciated and as his sister it is an honour to know you love, look after and cherish my brother so much, he is a very lucky man. You are beautiful inside and out and I am so glad we got to spend so much time with Andy together, thank you for allowing me to be there with you so much xxxx

To Dad - Dad you have really shown just how much Andrew means to you this week, and for myself I am so grateful you have let me spout when I needed to and really just be there whenever we needed you to be. Andrew adores you Dad, your not only his dad but also his mate. He will be so happy to know you have been by his side everyday, especially given what has also been going on in your own life this week. We love you.xx

To Mum - Mum thank you for just being you, Andrew will be so glad to know you held his hand every day, stroked his forehead and loved him just for being him. He needed to feel the love and support only a mum can give. We love you xx

To Chris - Without a doubt Chris I cannot thank you enough,I know your Sara's mum and would not see what you have done this last week as anything more than just being her mum. But without you Sara would not have been able to spend the time she has with Andy at the hospital.But it's not just that, we have not had to worry about the kid's at all this week, as we have known they were safe and happy with you, enabling us all to channel all our attention on Andy. Your a wonderful lady Chris, and I am very lucky to be able to say your part of our extended family.

To Paul - Well mate what can we say,you have been a rock this week, thank god for you and Kerry at the track,thank god you were there to get Sara to the hospital, and thank god your Andy's best mate. He is so damn lucky to have the friends he has and you really are part of our family Paul. We owe you a debt we will never be able to repay, but just know we appreciate everything you do and have done for Andy, Sara and the monkeys xx

Matt, Claire and Mark - Wow he is loved by you guys and its comforting to know you feel the same way about Sara and the kids too, they are very lucky and I know for a fact that your support will be there for them as a family. I personally want to thank you

Les - You are Andy's racing mum, he loves you to bits as does Sara and the kids, thank you for helping us with the postings, its been very difficult to make sure all the forums are covered and that all the well wishers have been informed. I have felt guilty a number of times worrying we are missing some forums.

Finally I want to thank my own hubby, had he not taken time off of work this last week I would not have been able to be with Andrew, and this for me would have been horrific. Andrew is not just my brother but my absolute best friend and I love him terribly. Had Al not been here to look after our little girl I may not have had the opportunity to tell Andrew this every day and I cannot thank Al enough for that
Old 26 Sep 2008, 21:12 (Ref:2298661)   #93
gravel_monkey
Veteran

England
widnes
gravel_monkey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
les - good to hear that even if its slow, progress is been made, i was there at the accident and its never a good thing to see something like that happen, especially to such a nice guy like andy, best wishes to andy and all his family and very nice words said above!
Old 27 Sep 2008, 07:18 (Ref:2298796)   #94
blueoval2
Racer

England
blueoval2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks for the update great to hear there is some progress no matter how slow as we go into another weekend of motorsport our thoughts still are with andy and his family.
Old 27 Sep 2008, 08:22 (Ref:2298827)   #95
COLIN STUBBS
Veteran

United Kingdom
Louth.Thats the one near Cadwell
COLIN STUBBS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes and we will keep thinking for as long as it takes. Keep fighting mate.
Old 27 Sep 2008, 08:34 (Ref:2298838)   #96
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
There's a lot of very positive news there which is great. Its clear that this is no easy journey but it seems like things are slowly getting better. Our thoughts are still with Andy and his family.
Old 27 Sep 2008, 09:26 (Ref:2298861)   #97
Shelagh
Pit Lane Hooter
Veteran

England
Gnosall, Stafford
Shelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridShelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridShelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Emotional stuff which has moved me to tears.

Its all very well dealing with the incident professionally and then going home - how many of us marshals actually think about the ongoing impact on family and friends?

Please keep going with the updates, if you are able to. They are appreciated.

Once again, best wishes to Andy and his ongoing recovery, but also to his family as they support him along the way.

Shelagh & Bill
Old 28 Sep 2008, 20:20 (Ref:2299799)   #98
MSportUK
Racer

United Kingdom
Worcestershire
MSportUK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just want to add our best wishes to Andy and his family. Glad to hear there has been some improvement.
Old 28 Sep 2008, 21:20 (Ref:2299841)   #99
Les
Veteran

Kenya
Suffolk,UK
Les should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
From Ian Neate:
Unfortunatly Andy has an infection which has turned into pneumonia,they have change his medication and now Andy is responding slightly,be it slowly.They are also going to start to wake him,so lets all keep our fingers and everything else crossed for some good news.Will let you know more later.
Old 29 Sep 2008, 07:20 (Ref:2300058)   #100
rcmonkey123
Rookie

United Kingdom
chesterfield derbys.
rcmonkey123 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
all the best andy and good look for a speedy recovery