Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Closed Thread

Old 21 Dec 2009, 03:53 (Ref:2603043)   #76
Juarez Jed
Veteran

Juarez Jed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJuarez Jed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[QUOTE=Ted bennett;2602498]ACG supply just about every team on the grid from the UK base, they have been in the business since the 70s.

I wasn't bagging the company or your knowledge of them Ted. It's just that I have been to Tulsa during a Route 66 pilgrimage and would have expected to leave there with a bible, a cheeseburger, fries and a malt rather than a new tub for my F1 car. I am often amazed at where bits and pieces are sourced from.
Old 21 Dec 2009, 20:31 (Ref:2603376)   #77
Ted bennett
Racer

England
Derbyshire
Ted bennett should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[QUOTE=Juarez Jed;2603043]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted bennett View Post
ACG supply just about every team on the grid from the UK base, they have been in the business since the 70s.

I wasn't bagging the company or your knowledge of them Ted. It's just that I have been to Tulsa during a Route 66 pilgrimage and would have expected to leave there with a bible, a cheeseburger, fries and a malt rather than a new tub for my F1 car. I am often amazed at where bits and pieces are sourced from.
Seems I may have miss-understood you slightly then, sorry.
Old 22 Dec 2009, 14:44 (Ref:2603685)   #78
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Ecclestone casts further doubt on US F1. Doubts about Campos too.

http://www.pitpass.com/fes_php/pitpa...s_art_id=39711
Old 22 Dec 2009, 15:04 (Ref:2603691)   #79
fish88
Racer

Netherlands
fish88 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Found this pic on an other board. Looks like they are still working quietly on the car.

Old 22 Dec 2009, 16:30 (Ref:2603737)   #80
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Hopefully that photograph does not show progress to date! And are those things toasters up against the wall there?

Seriously though, it sounds like both US F1 and Campos need to pull their fingers out!
Old 22 Dec 2009, 16:43 (Ref:2603745)   #81
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Six Jolly Fellowship Porters
Last2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Don't know about anyone else but these USF1 threads, lor-a-mussy, make it stop!

Me and maybe two others I suppose. Forty two?
Old 22 Dec 2009, 17:41 (Ref:2603775)   #82
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Windsor fights back.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/80647
Old 22 Dec 2009, 22:57 (Ref:2603921)   #83
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
Very insightful. He only forgot to say "We promise".
Old 22 Dec 2009, 23:21 (Ref:2603933)   #84
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
Hopefully that photograph does not show progress to date! And are those things toasters up against the wall there?
That's where they plug them in.
Old 23 Dec 2009, 01:23 (Ref:2603972)   #85
Peralta
Veteran

Mexico
Guadalajara Jalisco
Peralta is a back marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by fish88 View Post
Found this pic on an other board. Looks like they are still working quietly on the car.

Im not a designer but isn't there suppose to be a rollbar attached to the tub as a single piece?
Old 23 Dec 2009, 01:29 (Ref:2603974)   #86
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peralta View Post
Im not a designer but isn't there suppose to be a rollbar attached to the tub as a single piece?
Ken:
Old 23 Dec 2009, 01:35 (Ref:2603976)   #87
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Who knows? I hope they do....
Old 23 Dec 2009, 01:55 (Ref:2603980)   #88
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith View Post
Who knows? I hope they do....
Me too, but they seem to be leaving it all a bit late. Teams can legally start testing 2009/10 F1 cars on the first of January!
Old 23 Dec 2009, 03:05 (Ref:2603995)   #89
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Radelaide, South Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peralta
Ken: "I thought we were building an F1 powerboat"
"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen
Old 23 Dec 2009, 03:34 (Ref:2604001)   #90
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

is that the driver??

so they have a tub.....
Old 23 Dec 2009, 07:28 (Ref:2604033)   #91
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
so they have a tub.....
Where are the auctioneers stickers from the SuperAguri clearance sale?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 23 Dec 2009, 11:05 (Ref:2604108)   #92
Ted bennett
Racer

England
Derbyshire
Looks as if the opening for the cockpit is closed off judging by the reflection from the surface seen inside the rim.
Old 23 Dec 2009, 12:16 (Ref:2604145)   #93
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Where are the auctioneers stickers from the SuperAguri clearance sale?
somebody must of picked them off right before the shot was taken.
Old 23 Dec 2009, 12:30 (Ref:2604150)   #94
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Isn't the top air intake supposed to be part of the monocoque, though?
You know, to kind of like protect the drivers head?

That thing is just flat!
Old 23 Dec 2009, 12:38 (Ref:2604156)   #95
Ted bennett
Racer

England
Derbyshire
It is not uncommon for the roll hoop to be bonded on to the top of the monocoque. The only failure I have seen from a bonded roll hoop occurred when Pedro Diniz rolled his Sauber at the Nurburgring in 99.
Old 23 Dec 2009, 12:44 (Ref:2604160)   #96
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Yes, there is supposed to be a roll hoop structure of some kind. Although this part of tech reg 17.3 implies that the roll hoop isn't necessarily integral with the survival cell.

"During the test, the rollover structure must be attached to the survival cell which is fixed to a flat horizontal
plate."
Old 23 Dec 2009, 12:50 (Ref:2604167)   #97
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I remember that crash, still strange that the regulations actually allow such a compromise in structural integrity.
Old 23 Dec 2009, 13:10 (Ref:2604176)   #98
Ted bennett
Racer

England
Derbyshire
If the work is carried out correctly and the design is sound, it should not be a problem. Since the Diniz incident the safety testing has been changed to apply more types of load to the roll hoop.
It makes a lot of sense to construct the cars this way, a tub moulding is small and it limits the number of staff who can work on it efficiently. So splitting off the roll hoop allows another tech to work on the peice and he has better access to the part than he would have if he was reaching down into a mould that produced a chassis top section with integral roll hoop.
The types of adhesive used are aerospace quality, and they use those to bond wings onto fighter jets.
Old 24 Dec 2009, 00:44 (Ref:2604486)   #99
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted bennett View Post
Looks as if the opening for the cockpit is closed off judging by the reflection from the surface seen inside the rim.
Well, they don't have any drivers so don't actually need a cockpit opening?
Old 24 Dec 2009, 01:28 (Ref:2604502)   #100
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
I have heard of "low key" approach, but this is a bit behold the pale...
Closed Thread